Doctor Octopus vs. Black Panther

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Who wins

Impediment
Doc Ock.

John Murdoch
The likelihood of Doc Octopus beating on and ragdolling Black Panther around and eventually finding a way to get his mask off is higher than the likelihood Black Panther finding a way to introduce Dr. Octavius to his vibranium claws up close and personal.

Doc Ock tussled with a hero well above Black Panther's pay grade in Maguire/Raimi's Spider-Man, including taking the infamous Spidey-punch right to the face and not slowing down a bit. My money is on Doc Ock.

FrothByte
BP also seems susceptible to getting hurt by high enough blunt force. I mean, Bucky and Cap were landing hits on him which he couldn't tank through despite the vibranium suit, which means Ock can still hurt him.

Kotor3
Originally posted by John Murdoch
Doc Ock tussled with a hero well above Black Panther's pay grade in Maguire/Raimi's Spider-Man, including taking the infamous Spidey-punch right to the face and not slowing down a bit. My money is on Doc Ock. Taking a straight hit to the face should have killed him. That was definitely one of the worst parts of the movie.

John Murdoch
Originally posted by Kotor3
Taking a straight hit to the face should have killed him. That was definitely one of the worst parts of the movie.

Hahahaha true. Well, in Spider-Man 3, Symbiote Peter gets a little ornery after his jazz performance in that bar or club or whatever and a couple bouncers try to subdue him. He actually struggles with them and then in a rage backhands Mary Jane, instead of, ya know, breaking those guys arms by just grabbing them and then knocking MJ's head off her shoulders.

huh

Kotor3
Originally posted by John Murdoch
Hahahaha true. Well, in Spider-Man 3, Symbiote Peter gets a little ornery after his jazz performance in that bar or club or whatever and a couple bouncers try to subdue him. He actually struggles with them and then in a rage backhands Mary Jane, instead of, ya know, breaking those guys arms by just grabbing them and then knocking MJ's head off her shoulders.

huh I just ignored those parts of the movie and accept the movie for what it is. I enjoyed Spiderman 2 the most out of the Maguire spiderman movies.

I agree though Doc Oct should win this.

TheVaultDweller
I'd go with Doctor Octopus here. If BP could get close, he could shred him up with his claws, but that is going to be extremely difficult. The Doc has a huge reach advantage, those limbs were fast enough to more than keep up with Spidey, and strong enough to tear a bank vault door apart, IIRC. He could likely pin/grab T'Challa with two of the arms, and then use the other two to try and detach his helm or something.

jinXed by JaNx
Black Panther is definitely fast and has significant protection in his Vibranium suit. However, Docs arms have some serious crushing power and they're fast enough to get past Spiderman and his spidey sense. I think Ock can do it. Although, Panther would eventually be able to get close enough to rip out the Docs throat.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.