Marka Ragnos quantified?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Merchant
Not sure how many have seen this but check at 27:00

Ra_IF1IaZdo&t=1635s

Luke says he and his entire order or at they very least those present will need their full strength combined to defeat Ragnos if he were resurrected. No real reason to doubt Luke honestly, where would Ragnos fit in your scaling with this revelation? This is 11 ABY Luke in case you guys do not know.

DarthAnt66
No offense my dude, but this quote has been known for over a decade.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
No offense my dude, but this quote has been known for over a decade.

The Merchant
Oh I see, well to stir a debate would either of you say this quote indicates Ragnos>Vader?

SunRazer
Not necessarily. Luke's own word is only so reliable since he doesn't really know Ragnos, and he has a habit for exaggerating threats and underplaying himself too.

But I just remembered that I haven't added this to my Ragnos thread, so I'll do that.

Jmanghan
Yeah, but then he did get resurrected, and Jaden defeated him.

Jaden is no pushover, even by that point, but he damn sure wasn't a threat to the entire order.

Even in his prime, Kyle Katarn is still above him by a sliver.

Unbowed
Exar Kun > Ragnos > Luke confirmed.

cs_zoltan
NJO did it again (even tho it's ancient as f-uck).

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/851/804/7db.gif

I should make a thread why NJO can't be taken seriously.

inb4 Urs whiteknighting NJO and DC bringing up TFU

Ursumeles
The likes of Nyax at least don't get bested by a padawan lol.
But yeah, at least NR is full of hyperbole accolades by Luke, most of which are reconnected.

Edit: DC bringing up TFU in such a debate? Really?

Zenwolf
Originally posted by SunRazer
Not necessarily. Luke's own word is only so reliable since he doesn't really know Ragnos, and he has a habit for exaggerating threats and underplaying himself too.

But I just remembered that I haven't added this to my Ragnos thread, so I'll do that.

Luke is really modest ain't he? He's this all powerful Jedi, yet he keeps underplaying himself and propping up threats lol. I mean I get Luke, ya don't wanna fall to the darkside but man you don't gotta think so low of yourself all the time.

Geistalt
Originally posted by The Merchant
No real reason to doubt Luke honestly, where would Ragnos fit in your scaling with this revelation? This is 11 ABY Luke in case you guys do not know. By that logic, there's "no real reason" to doubt Luke's claim that Kyp > Sidious.

Ursumeles
thumb up

Petrus
Originally posted by Jmanghan

lel thumb up pretty much.

Fated Xtasy
@Thread.

Luke is referring to fully revived Marka Ragnos. That could perhaps translate to him considering A living Ragnos to be a major threat. This makes more sense considering the legends he could have heard from Vodo and Exar, etc.

Jaden never defeated a fully resurrected Ragnos, he defeated Ragnos' Spirit and Avatar, Tavion. So I doubt the quote applies to the Ragnos that got destroyed by a Thirteen year old.

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by Geistalt
By that logic, there's "no real reason" to doubt Luke's claim that Kyp > Sidious.

Potential wise? He obviously was, especially during the time period the statement was made.

darthbane77
Originally posted by Jmanghan

Jaden is no pushover, even by that point, but he damn sure wasn't a threat to the entire order.

Even in his prime, Kyle Katarn is still above him by a sliver. I wouldn't say Ragnos was resurrected. His spirit was able to manifest itself and possess Tavion sure, but that's not resurrection really, that's normal Sith spirit kind of stuff. So all Jaden did was defeat the weakened spirit of Ragnos, not Ragnos in his full glory.

Geistalt
The quote in question:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/124590/5038767-9181590801-50361.png

Ursumeles
I only see the truth.

hutchy1345
Kyp > luke

Lol

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by Geistalt
The quote in question:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/124590/5038767-9181590801-50361.png

Yeah, Kyp was originally intended to be the greatest Jedi ever until Lucas story group axed the idea. So, the quote was credible for it's time period.

Ursumeles
Damn.
Kyp.
So much wasted potential - story and power wise.

Geistalt
The "greatest enemy" part is the greatest hope anyone has for arguing that another Sith transcended Sidious.

hutchy1345
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Yeah, Kyp was originally intended to be the greatest Jedi ever until Lucas story group axed the idea. So, the quote was credible for it's time period.

Seriously?! Wasn't aware of that
That's pretty cool actually
Wish they carried it through actually

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by hutchy1345
Seriously?! Wasn't aware of that
That's pretty cool actually
Wish they carried it through actually

Yes, it was stated in a interview I believe. Would have been interesting to see how they handled it, tbh.

It was the same with Anakin Solo - he was supposed to be above well above Luke, but Lucas scrapped the idea because it mirrored the story of Anakin Skywalker, only he would have actually succeeded in fulfilling most of his potential. So, the NJO writers decided to make Anakin Solo die a hero's death instead.

For someone that allegedly didn't care about the EU, Lucas sure did veto a lot of Legends ideas and stuff, lal.

hutchy1345
Yes, it was stated in a interview I believe. Would have been interesting to see how they handled it, tbh.

It was the same with Anakin Solo - he was supposed to be above well above Luke, but Lucas scrapped the idea because it mirrored the story of Anakin Skywalker, only he would have actually succeeded in fulfilling most of his potential. So, the NJO writers decided to make Anakin Solo die a hero's death instead.

For someone that allegedly didn't care about the EU, Lucas sure did veto a lot of Legends ideas and stuff, lal.

So was kyp supposed to be even stronger than anakin solo?

Geistalt
So was kyp supposed to be even stronger than anakin solo? What difference does it make? They both ended up weaker than Luke, anyways.

Deronn_solo
So was kyp supposed to be even stronger than anakin solo?

No clue. I'd say Anakin simply because his potential technically wasn't retconed or forgotten about. The only reason Anakin didn't get to see his potential come into fruition is because he died too early, had he lived he would have surpassed Luke.

Kyp, however, lived and still was a tier or two below Luke and Sidious.

hutchy1345
No clue. I'd say Anakin simply because his potential technically wasn't retconed or forgotten about. The only reason Anakin didn't get to see his potential come into fruition is because he died too early, had he lived he would have surpassed Luke.

Kyp, however, lived and still was a tier or two below Luke and Sidious.
I meant was kyp supposed to be stronger before they changed it?

Deronn_solo
I meant was kyp supposed to be stronger before they changed it?

That is but a mystery. But it seems like Anakin's was a bit more hyped and profound, tbh.

Geistalt
No clue. I'd say Anakin simply because his potential technically wasn't retconed or forgotten about.
Was Kyp's potential retconned?

Just wondering.

As for the ancient Sith:

1. Exar Kun
2. Ulic Qel-Droma
3. Marka Ragnos
4. Tulak Hord
5. Naga Sadow
6. Ludo Kressh
7. The Jen'jidai
8. Darth Andeddu

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.