The Eternal Empire vs The New Republic

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Deronn_solo
All out war - featuring Force sensitive, foot soldiers, ships, etc, etc.

Who comes out on top?

Tondemonai
If we ignore the technological advancements and equalize the destructive output of weapons, heat absorption of shields, etc., EE wins. Otherwise NR

Zenwolf
NR.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by Zenwolf
NR.

S_W_LeGenD
The Eternal Empire

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Tondemonai
If we ignore the technological advancements and equalize the destructive output of weapons, heat absorption of shields, etc., EE wins. Otherwise NR

That would make things a tad boring at least imo.

Why don't we just equalize Force and Lightsaber skill for Force Users while were at it?

S_W_LeGenD
The Eternal Empire favor discipline in formations and network-centric warfare tactics. They also have star fortresses that could hold entire worlds hostage and disrupt communications among them.

Contrary to the popular belief, we don't witness significant technological leap in Star Wars with passage of time. We just witness bigger Starships packing more firepower than before. However, huge Starships do not make much difference in the battlefield on their own (they are more like tools of intimidation). Tactics, Force-users, political will and coordination are the qualities that really matter.

The more important assets of Eternal Empire are the Force-users who will have greatest impact on the battlefield. Valkorion himself is enough to sabotage workings of NR.

Tondemonai
Plus while the NJO has more powerful Force users and better duelists, the EE has far more Force users, plus Arcann and Vaylin are stronger than most of the NJO, especially if we're considering Vaylin to be Unchained.

Ursumeles
Kyp Blackholes them all tbh.

Rockydonovang
gm luke solos, valk dies

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Tondemonai
Plus while the NJO has more powerful Force users and better duelists, the EE has far more Force users, plus Arcann and Vaylin are stronger than most of the NJO, especially if we're considering Vaylin to be Unchained.

Which they didn't really seem to make much a difference in the grand scheme of things, when The Eternal Alliance had far less resources, Force Users and generally everything compared to the EE.

So not sure why having more Force Users means anything. Plus their standard Force Users, weren't infallible really, they were still killed by blasters and troop/guerrilla tactics.

If having more Force Users than the other side mattered, wars wouldn't last long as they did, it'd just be who had more Force Users than the other side.

Selenial
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
The Eternal Empire favor discipline in formations and network-centric warfare tactics. They also have star fortresses that could hold entire worlds hostage and disrupt communications among them.

Contrary to the popular belief, we don't witness significant technological leap in Star Wars with passage of time. We just witness bigger Starships packing more firepower than before. However, huge Starships do not make much difference in the battlefield on their own (they are more like tools of intimidation). Tactics, Force-users, political will and coordination are the qualities that really matter.

The more important assets of Eternal Empire are the Force-users who will have greatest impact on the battlefield. Valkorion himself is enough to sabotage workings of NR.

You should really stick to discussing force users you know nothing about.

No need to expand your sphere of ignorance.

Fated Xtasy
The New Republic imho. Given their unity against the Vong( a far greater threat to the galaxy IMHO) they should be able to form a united front against the EE and win in a similar fashion.

They have better agent. Impressive Jedi and have dealt with several otherworldly threats before

Nephthys
Better agent?

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Selenial

No need to expand your sphere of ignorance. thumb up smile

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
The New Republic imho. Given their unity against the Vong( a far greater threat to the galaxy IMHO) they should be able to form a united front against the EE and win in a similar fashion.

They have better agent. Impressive Jedi and have dealt with several otherworldly threats before

Wasn't by the time of Vong, the NR had been reorganized into the Galactic Alliance? Or when the full swing of the war came?

Ursumeles
IIRC, only after Fey'lya's death.

Zenwolf
Well either way the NR can take this.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Ursumeles
IIRC, only after Fey'lya's death.

Ah found it, the formation of the GA was after the Battle of Ebaq. Though I take back what I said earlier, the NR was pretty much going through years of war against the Vong until they reorganized.

S_W_LeGenD

confused

Trocity

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/21600000/Guuuuurl-harry-potter-vs-twilight-21605693-500-281.gif

Zenwolf
Also this notion that tech doesn't advance has really gotta stop. It does, get over it, do research.

Example, the Companion2000 Datapad was old and could only store 5 million data units.

Meanwhile modern datapads can have over 20 million data units coupled with the latest artifical intelligence data analysis sub-routines. (Which hey the Companion2000 didn't have either!)

I also don't see in the Old Republic, star cruisers having miniature star level reactors powering their ships like later ships such as the ISD.

Nor do I see the galactic public in the OR using full scale planetary supercomputers such as the BRTs in their cities, the only thing close would be the GO-T0s yet it's noted they had limited planetary networks. The BRTs could be everywhere across the planet meanwhile, hooked into everything.

Let's see...oh the 2-1B surgical droid it's behavioral circuity was a breakthrough in medical droids, it having state of the art artificial intelligence and being the most efficient medical droid in the galaxy.

If there were no advances in technology, even the littlest bit, then none of what above would ever come through. So there are advances and people need to realize this and these are just a few examples.

They just aren't shoved in your faces, you have to actually read.

I shouldn't even need to mention military technology, that's clearly evident.

MythLord
But no proofs of technology advancing, no Eternal Empire havez better discipline and same tech as NR republic. Technology no get advanced after 3000 yearz, no!

Beniboybling
Leg got KO'ed lmao.

Zenwolf
Plus on an individual trooper level, organics > battle droids.

It's been noted throughout history, battle droids can't compare to organic troopers and surprise, surprise...the EE consists of....droid troopers for the majority!

S_W_LeGenD

S_W_LeGenD
In the nutshell, scientific progress in Star Wars is not a black-and-white affair and/or consistent with developments on Earth. Star Wars is FANTASY; not a scientific affair. Expect anything in it.

Zenwolf
I'll get to this later tonight, but of course on a macro level things don't change much, it's the smaller bits which would still be considered advancement. Though this is irrelevant in this battle really I was just pointing something out. Though the stuff the SE made the GE did develop at some at some point.

Zenwolf
Alright so I'm just gonna briefly state some stuff, as this is all irrelevant to the discussion at hand.

Regarding the Harrower Gauntlet, yes that is impressive for the time. But the GE already vastly surpassed this with Imperial ISD superlasers which were comparable to the DS 1 superlaser.

The ISD Conquerer had one and the superlasers of these ISDs could crack apart small moons and continents and reportedly also able to destroy entire planets, this being far superior than destroying star cruisers.

Now I'll give you to my knowledge, the superlaser can't hit in hyperspace, but it's far more deadly.

The Empire also had World Devastators which operated similarly to the Star Forge, being able to produce anything from starfighters to battle cruisers to other World Devastators and yes, the WD were being worked on at the time of the GE also.

Plus it's not as if the GE didn't have superweapons that the SE didn't have either.

But anyway all of this is irrelevant as all I was saying that technology did advance it just wasn't in your face, so let's get back to the topic at hand.

Now why do you think Leg, the EE wins?

Because from what I've seen and played(granted it has been awhile), the EE was formidable yes...but at the same time, the Eternal Alliance was staged out of a single planet with far less resources than the NR would have, yet the EE couldn't even squash them, they couldn't even find them, Scorpio handed them the location of the base and even when they launched an attack they still didn't win.

Now granted yes the Eternal Alliance did have some notable figures, but it's not as if the New Republic doesn't have those either.

Yes the EE does have more Force Users, but again if one side having more Force Users than the other mattered, wars wouldn't last so long. The EEs standard Force Users were still killed by troop/guerrilla tactics, something which the NR excels at being the former Rebel Alliance. (Also noted as being the most versatile faction in history.)

Yes the EA had the Gravestone, but frankly that's because the SE and Republic couldn't really muster any worthwhile fleets and as I recall when they did actually do that near the end game, the fleets were able to stand up to the Eternal Fleet at least for brief time IIRC.

The NR here doesn't need the Gravestone really, their ships are vastly superior to anything either the OR or SE has in terms of star cruisers and starfighter capability...

That also said...did the EF even have starfighters? All I recall them having were the Battle Cruisers.

I just can't really see the NR losing to the EE really.

Zenwolf
To add since the stupid edit thing has a time limit(I really don't see why they just can't get rid of that.), I'm not saying that a fleet of OR or SE ships > Gravestone. But what I'm saying is, the Gravestone was the EA's ace in the hole so to speak.

But it's not as if we didn't see ships other than the Gravestone battle the EF and hold out. I mean you later had in Ch 1 of Knights of the Eternal Throne, a fleet comprising of OR and SE ships fight the EF, so clearly it doesn't take just the Gravestone to withstand or combat it, it just has an easier time destroying the Battle Cruisers compared to other ships.

So if fleets of OR and SE ships, which are inferior to NR ships in all capacities, especially firepower output, then I don't see why the NR fleets can't also battle the EF.

Rockydonovang
Also I imagine gm luke could fck some crap up as the fleet is concerned by way of tk

Trocity
Luke would ragdoll the whole fleet.

Fated Xtasy
Holy shit.

Zenwolf my respect for you, as a debater, has increased tenfold.

That was an excellent post. Job well done.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Holy shit.

Zenwolf my respect for you, as a debater, has increased tenfold.

That was an excellent post. Job well done.

I haven't really done anything as I'm sure others who are more well versed in the NR and TOR could do the same if not better(as both aren't really where I'm geared at), but thanks.

Zenwolf
One other thing, a lack of fighter support on the EE side is a major shot in the foot both defense and offense wise.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.