UC Berkeley riots

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stigma
So this happened:

025HRyYRgFs

and here:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/02/02/trump-hints-that-federal-funding-could-be-cut-after-u-c-berkeley-riot.html

And here from Milo:

Y-sX5JLwidE

Robtard
I see Milo as another Anne Coulter, I don't think he holds dear to what he says; he's just smart enough to know that there's a segment of the population that will reward him for saying his inflammatory rhetoric so he does. It's a paycheck and he's a piece of shit for doing it, imo.

Having said that above, he should still be allowed to speak if he's invited.

But the Fox story is spinning a bit, Berkeley did not "stop free speech", they cancelled the event after 150-odd masked hooligans from the group called "Black Bloc" turned an otherwise peaceful protest into chaos. So the school did what was best for the personal safety of everyone in the moment.

Bashar Teg
needs more dead nazis

vansonbee
I'm glad Trump took notice of UC Berkeley riot and now he is putting the hammer down on them. If they do not protect free speech, God Trump is pulling their federal funding of $370 million.

http://www.breitbart.com/milo/2017/02/02/trump-threatens-uc-berkeley-university-receives-370-million-federal-funding/

I see some people in this thread are blaming a separate group, from the liberals, but if liberals witness the incident and do nothing, they're just as guilty. I hope these masked men will be shot on sight for wearing covering over their faces at a peaceful (rofl) protest.Originally posted by Bashar Teg
needs more dead nazis They called a black man a nazi during the protest, for being conservative. lol

Robtard
Oh my. Try to be intelligent for once, Vansonbee. Thanks.

Firefly218
Trump doesn't respond when his fan goes on a Muslim murder spree in Quebec but he's so quick to tweet when college protests break out

jaden101

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
needs more dead nazis
That's right, label someone a nazi and then kill him/her.

vansonbee
Originally posted by Firefly218
Trump doesn't respond when his fan goes on a Muslim murder spree in Quebec but he's so quick to tweet when college protests break out Why? Cause the kid is white? The dude is Canadian, not American. lolOriginally posted by Robtard
Oh my. Try to be intelligent for once, Vansonbee. Thanks. I bet you were one of those masked men. Just to bad you didn't get shot. sad
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
That's right, label someone a nazi and then kill him/her. Only Nazi disrupt freedom of speech. Liberals = Nazi

shiv
🇨🇦

http://michaelbabwahsingh.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/boundaries.png

🇺🇸

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by shiv
🇨🇦

http://michaelbabwahsingh.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/boundaries.png

🇺🇸
Is that a line of coke?

shiv
Trudeau

http://www.enlightenedlifecoaching.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/finger-sand.jpg

Trump

jaden101
Originally posted by vansonbee
Why? Cause the kid is white? The dude is Canadian, not American. lol I bet you were one of those masked men. Just to bad you didn't get shot. sad
Only Nazi disrupt freedom of speech. Liberals = Nazi

He's quick enough to go on about terrorists that aren't American or perpetrate attacks in other countries when they're Muslims.

Scribble

Robtard
Scribs,

Vansonbee is just a troll, so don't expect a rational response. He's also a "MGTOW" (lol) guy, that really is telling in of itself.

shiv
Originally posted by Scribble
And if it was a Radical Islamist Fundamentalist Terrorist who killed six people anywhere in the Western world, he would have made a really touching and heartfelt tribute and condemned international terrorism, etc.

- True

Originally posted by jaden101
He's quick enough to go on about terrorists that aren't American or perpetrate attacks in other countries when they're Muslims.

- True

- Before Office

-Pr-
Sometimes I agree with Milo, sometimes I don't, but the reaction to his wanting to speak on campus was, for lack of a better word, a disgrace.

I get that there's a smaller contingent that are more militant and trying to aggravate people, but college "protests" seem to be popping up in the news more and more. I really don't know what's going on in America right now.

Bashar Teg
Trump doesn't respond when his fan goes on a Muslim murder spree in Quebec but he's so quick to tweet when college protests break out

shiv
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/1c/PMO-logo.png

http://www.legalrightsforyouth.ca/sites/default/files/pictures/youth/rights1.jpg

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/b6/Every_Canadian_Needs_A_Copy.jpg/220px-Every_Canadian_Needs_A_Copy.jpg

http://chronicle.augusta.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/superphoto/editorial/images/spotted/83/832929.jpg

http://www.seytlines.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/234/2015/02/Canadian-law-300x198.jpg

http://legalmarketing.ca/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Courtroom_iStock_000004781678XSmall.jpg

Kurk
A bunch of over-privileged kids with no understanding of the concept of free-speech. Progressives are only "tolerant" and pro free-speech when it supports their cause.

Henry_Pym
Is there even a shred of evidence that the Quebec terrorist was a Trump fan or are the KMC Nazi patrol just this delusional that they are on Soviet level whataboutery?

Stigma
Originally posted by Henry_Pym
Is there even a shred of evidence that the Quebec terrorist was a Trump fan or are the KMC Nazi patrol just this delusional that they are on Soviet level whataboutery?
Tbh the latter is a solid option.

On topic, though.

x643kcoc8FU

Yes, this girl is giving an interview while some piece of sh1t attacks her because... she has different views, I guess.

adsfloats
It,s True Trump , thanks.

Stigma
Some more insights on the riots:

eqNMyO0dRy8

snowdragon
Whatever happened to the folks that wanted safe places and coloring books?

Surtur
I do love it when thugs show up acting tough in masks.

These people do not agree with free speech, and no I do not mean those who got violent. Even some of these peaceful student protesters? Do not support free speech. Just look at how they reacted to Milo having to pull out: a lot were happy. I saw one group of protesters going "mission accomplished!". What mission, exactly, was accomplished? If Milo not speaking was the mission they accomplished, it means they don't care about free speech. They just weren't willing to get violent over it. People who are in favor of free speech are not happy when an opposing view is silenced.

This is going to get hilarious though: Milo has recently gotten a book deal and people whined. People said they'd boycott the publisher, and one magazine from Chicago I saw saying they would not review any books published by this publish as a result. The funny thing? Hilary Clinton announced she will be putting out two books, guess which publisher: yep, same one smile

I'm going to enjoy watching their heads explode as some of them decide to either stick with their convictions and boycott the publisher(and thus in a way boycott Hilary) or if they'll just do what they did when they said they'd move to Canada if Trump won: just joking brah.

Surtur

Surtur
At least 11 tolerant liberals arrested at the Gavin incident. I would have just edited my previous post and added this info, but shitty forum is shitty and won't let me edit. Though hilariously enough it lets me edit this post. But yeah..

wzFS1qLlULc

Surtur
Originally posted by Flyattractor
You mean how they showed up to violently protest a speech that was to be given by a GAY (HOMOSEXUAL to you Leftist Educated that is) Man?

Doesn't sound like how a bunch of Leftist Progressives should act.

The best part is when they shout out cliches like "hate speech is not free speech". Who defines what "hate speech" is? Them of course.

I also thought that, unless it specifically is inciting violence, hate speech IS free speech?

Flyattractor
I like how the Police in these issues are pretty much made total bystanders in these Millennial Menstruation Periods. People were violently attacked, Private and Public Property was destroyed and public transport was violently blocked thus disrupting several thousand peoples personal lives. Yet not 1 arrest was made.

We have truly given into the Barbarians.

Surtur
I like how the Police in these issues are pretty much made total bystanders in these Millennial Menstruation Periods. People were violently attacked, Private and Public Property was destroyed and public transport was violently blocked thus disrupting several thousand peoples personal lives. Yet not 1 arrest was made.

We have truly given into the Barbarians.

I also like how so many people seemed 100% sure that those who got violent were definitely not students. Seems strange to immediately say "yeah the masked men whose faces we did not see totally were not students".

People try to say the violent people were from some kind of anarchist group, and I guess the possibility that someone could be both a student and a member of one of these groups never even crossed their minds.

They truly believe that the only thing liberals are intolerant of is..intolerance lol.

Flyattractor
I blame the brand of wacky tabbacky they smoke.

Stigma
Well, the liberals' masks are falling off, it seems. mmm

Flyattractor
Too bad it isn't due to them getting their skulls cracked upen by being hit with nightsticks.

Ohhh for the good old days.

Flyattractor
By destroying private property, tyring to bring down the rights of others and hurting people.

Yep. Sounds like how the Leftists act.

dadudemon
You mean how they showed up to violently protest a speech that was to be given by a GAY (HOMOSEXUAL to you Leftist Educated that is) Man?

Doesn't sound like how a bunch of Leftist Progressives should act.

Wait....what?

This happened?

Do you have a link?

Flyattractor
It was Milo Yannopoulous (?spelling) that was going to speak and he is Gay aint he?
So yeah....

Robtard
Originally posted by dadudemon
Wait....what?

This happened?

Do you have a link? Black Bloc are Anarchist, the people labeling the Berkeley riots as "Leftist/liberal violence" are just being dishonest and rather clownish.

FFS, they smashed another Starbucks, Liberals love that shitty coffee to no ends. If we're going to make accusations based on assumptions, it's more likely that these masked people were paid to create chaos so the Left could be blamed again and as another blow to peaceful protest.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Robtard

FFS, they smashed another Starbucks, Liberals love that shitty coffee to no ends. If we're going to make accusations based on assumptions, it's more likely that these masked people were paid to create chaos so the Left could be blamed again and as another blow to peaceful protest.

They love SB's so much they keep smashing their windows.

Leftists are some kwzyist people.

dadudemon

I just posted about this to my grandmother and Uncle, who are both very strongly anti-Trump, on Facebook (slow day at work).

They think that Trump speaking out against the paid thugs makes Trump stupid and trying to justify that the angry protesters/rioters are not legit.

But they are mistaken. There are really people out there who are professional protesters who may be trying to undermine the peaceful protests. And Snopes, in their idiocy and clear bias, is trying to pretend like this is not happening.

Well...it is hurting the left leaning peaceful protesters. Trump has spoken out against them. So since Trump is against them, now some idiot leftists are trying to pretend like Trump is going crazy. Why? Because they believe Trump is trying to state that people are not really this angry at him and what he represents. They are so quick to be anti-Trump that they don't realize that they are harming their cause. Some of these liberal retards need to take a step back and stop being so knee-jerk quick to be anti-Trump on EVERYTHING Trump says.

One of my very liberal and anti-Trump friends posted an image to Facebook that said something like, "Trump could cure cancer and they would complain about Trump putting doctor's out of work." Disruptive innovation? Even liberals are getting tired of the illogical anti-Trump bullshit.

dadudemon
It was Milo Yannopoulous (?spelling) that was going to speak and he is Gay aint he?
So yeah....

I'll look this up. This is probably another one of those "you have to think this way" self-destructive Social Justice Warrior hypocrisy that has been cropping up in the last 20 or so years.

Robtard
I just posted about this to my grandmother and Uncle, who are both very strongly anti-Trump, on Facebook (slow day at work).

They think that Trump speaking out against the paid thugs makes Trump stupid and trying to justify that the angry protesters/rioters are not legit.

But they are mistaken. There are really people out there who are professional protesters who may be trying to undermine the peaceful protests. And Snopes, in their idiocy and clear bias, is trying to pretend like this is not happening.

Well...it is hurting the left leaning peaceful protesters. Trump has spoken out against them. So since Trump is against them, now some idiot leftists are trying to pretend like Trump is going crazy. Why? Because they believe Trump is trying to state that people are not really this angry at him and what he represents. They are so quick to be anti-Trump that they don't realize that they are harming their cause. Some of these liberal retards need to take a step back and stop being so knee-jerk quick to be anti-Trump on EVERYTHING Trump says.

One of my very liberal and anti-Trump friends posted an image to Facebook that said something like, "Trump could cure cancer and they would complain about Trump putting doctor's out of work." Disruptive innovation? Even liberals are getting tired of the illogical anti-Trump bullshit.

Don't want to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but:

Who benefits most from supposed liberals freaking out at largely irrelevant or trivial Trump antics, when there's bigger and actually important issues to focus on? Trump and Co., that's who.

Stigma
Wait....what?

This happened?

Do you have a link?
Here:

025HRyYRgFs

I'll look this up. This is probably another one of those "you have to think this way" self-destructive Social Justice Warrior hypocrisy that has been cropping up in the last 20 or so years.
thumb up

Stigma
Some further insights on the riot:

LW5QYr1oIQo

^ rioters violently assault people, destroy property and curtail free speech

dadudemon
Don't want to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but:

Who benefits most from supposed liberals freaking out at largely irrelevant or trivial Trump antics, when there's bigger and actually important issues to focus on? Trump and Co., that's who.

Both sides and both causes are benefiting and being detrimented from these efforts, in my opinion.

And I think bad actors from both sides are involved in these things. There is certainly evidence that the left is part of making this happen. But there is no way that the right is not involved in at least some of this.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Stigma
Here:

025HRyYRgFs

thumb up

Very enlightening.

Pretty sad. Someone should take him up on his challenge to the left to actually debate him instead of insulting him by calling him a gay homophobe.

Stigma
Very enlightening.

Pretty sad. Someone should take him up on his challenge to the left to actually debate him instead of insulting him by calling him a gay homophobe.
Indeed.

Actually one of Milo's arguments during his talks is that modern Left has no real arguments to resort to. He is proven right tbh.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Stigma
Indeed.

Actually one of Milo's arguments during his talks is that modern Left has no real arguments to resort to. He is proven right tbh.

Thats why they resort to violence.

Scribble
If you blame all left people for the actions of a few extremists, then you're being stupid and reactionary.

If you blame all right people for the actions of a few extremists, then you're being stupid and reactionary.

People need to stop using left and right as ways of dividing each other by painting people as all one huge freedom-crushing entity. Left ideologies are not inherently bad, neither right. Stop using useful happenings as a way of confirming that you are right and everyone else is wrong.

Stigma
If you blame all left people for the actions of a few extremists, then you're being stupid and reactionary.

If you blame all right people for the actions of a few extremists, then you're being stupid and reactionary.

People need to stop using left and right as ways of dividing each other by painting people as all one huge freedom-crushing entity. Left ideologies are not inherently bad, neither right. Stop using useful happenings as a way of confirming that you are right and everyone else is wrong.
I am sympathetic to your approach, however I feel you missed the point. Morover, you seem like a Centrist, am I right?

"By the fruits they bear you shall know them" to paraphrase Jesus.

Modern Leftism has a lot of problems, one of them is an allergy for different points of view.

The event at Berkeley is not unique, mind you, though indeed a very violent one. SJWs and Far Left resort to that behavior and similar actions often.

Robtard

This is indeed the problem on both sides. Intellectual honestly is in short supply, likely due to how vile this last election cycle was.

As we see here, a group of self-described anarchist who go out to stir trouble and vandalize are being shipped with "The Left". Two of my conservative FB friends did the same, they posted a picture of the riot and added "too bad the Loving Left has become this" or similar, as a means to demonize.

Scribble

Robtard
Who was pushing an Us Vs Them approach prior to the election and who is benefitting now that it's in full effect? Exactly.

Concerning the Berkeley protest: Should be noted that Berkeley students (the peaceful protestors) showed up before dawn to clean up the plaza and set it back to order as best they could.

shiv
http://cdn.mysitemyway.com/etc-mysitemyway/icons/legacy-previews/icons-256/simple-red-square-icons-arrows/128382-simple-red-square-icon-arrows-arrow-circle-refresh.png

https://shop.spectator.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Signal.png

dadudemon

dadudemon
Concerning the Berkeley protest: Should be noted that Berkeley students (the peaceful protestors) showed up before dawn to clean up the plaza and set it back to order as best they could.

These are the ones who probably supported Free Speech and would have let that dude do his talk. These represent the majority, imo.

Robtard
These are the ones who probably supported Free Speech and would have let that dude do his talk. These represent the majority, imo.

Yes and no, I would imagine. I can see some people who did not want Milo to spew his garbage, but were doing it in a peaceful manner.

People have the right in voicing their opinion in not wanting someone to appear somewhere. I personally found it silly concerning Milo, but I'm not them.

eg I'd have a problem with a member of N.A.M.B.L.A. speaking at my children's schools and I have the right to voice my opinion against that happening, as long as I do it peacefully.

Scribble

Scribble
Yes and no, I would imagine. I can see some people who did not want Milo to spew his garbage, but were doing it in a peaceful manner.

People have the right in voicing their opinion in not wanting someone to appear somewhere. I personally found it silly concerning Milo, but I'm not them.

eg I'd have a problem with a member of N.A.M.B.L.A. speaking at my children's schools and I have the right to voice my opinion against that happening, as long as I do it peacefully. Exactly. Saying that everything is "free speech" except the things that you don't see as free speech is exactly the same thing as the thing that person is arguing against. It's a cyclical fallacy, an ouroboros of self-confusion.

Surtur

Surtur
Also here is the thing: these people do have the right to protest. But what has to be understood is if your goal is to silence someone you are not in favor of free speech, period. They can hide behind it with the hate speech excuse, but truth is, these kids aren't in favor of free speech, they are in favor of protests.

vansonbee
My bro keeps telling me not all the left is bad, can't judge a few bad apples out of a huge crowd.

So what needs to be done to stop these riots from happening again in the future? More cops and security on campus? Every time there is an event, the cops are under-staff for the protest or you could argue that they didn't even try to lift a finger to protect Milo supporters.

Milo talking about the riot on Fox
e0U6ghf_gJM

His book rose from 500's to #1. Thanks liberals.
http://i.imgur.com/EXfkq4E.png

Robtard
Exactly. Saying that everything is "free speech" except the things that you don't see as free speech is exactly the same thing as the thing that person is arguing against. It's a cyclical fallacy, an ouroboros of self-confusion.

This guy gets.

Also bonus points on the use of ouroboros.

Robtard
Originally posted by Surtur
Also here is the thing: these people do have the right to protest. But what has to be understood is if your goal is to silence someone you are not in favor of free speech, period. They can hide behind it with the hate speech excuse, but truth is, these kids aren't in favor of free speech, they are in favor of protests.

This guy doesn't get it.

Surtur
Originally posted by vansonbee
My bro keeps telling me not all the left is bad, can't judge a few bad apples out of a huge crowd.

So what needs to be done to stop these riots from happening again in the future? More cops and security on campus? Every time there is an event, the cops are under-staff for the protest or you could argue that they didn't even try to lift a finger to protect Milo supporters.

Milo talking about the riot on Fox
e0U6ghf_gJM

His book rose from 500's to #1. Thanks liberals.
http://i.imgur.com/EXfkq4E.png

Plus so many liberals were going to boycott the publisher of the book, but now the same publisher is publishing books for Hilary Clinton as well lol.

The "Chicago Review" is a literary magazine run by liberals and they said they woul not review anything by the publisher of Milo's book. I wonder if they will back track?

Anyways, each protester should have just shown up and put a $10 bill in Milo's pocket and gone home. Same outcome in the end.

Surtur
This guy doesn't get it.

I get enough to realize what constitutes "free speech" is debatable, and thus I'm not going to trample on what anyone is saying unless they are openly inciting violence.

Robtard
I get enough to realize what constitutes "free speech" is debatable, and thus I'm not going to trample on what anyone is saying unless they are openly inciting violence.

Then why do you have such an issue with "college kids" as you put it peacefully protesting someone who has in the past spewed hate speech**? <-- hope you answer this outright instead of sidestepping

**Regardless that Milo probably doesn't actually believe what he says, it's just an easy meal ticket because there's a segment of the population that want someone to voice their bigotry in an open fashion and he's good at it, or maybe he's not and the people who support him are easily impressed. You be the judge.

Adam_PoE
The only thing dangerous about Milo Yiannopoulos is the bleach-blond Greek-Jew denial on his head. His hair is so damaged, he does not have split ends, he has divorced ends. Unfortunately for him, there is not enough peroxide in the world for him to change his heritage. So he will have to settle for being a White Nationalist, because that is the closest he can get to being the Aryan he so desperately wants to be. To top everything off, he is not attractive. Between his appearance and his politics, I cannot imagine a gay man who would have sex with him. I definitely do not want to see the pick of that litter.

Robtard
The Altrighties still patron him, seems his hate rhetoric they agree with is enough to overlook his unforgiveable Jewishness.

Surtur
Then why do you have such an issue with "college kids" as you put it peacefully protesting someone who has in the past spewed hate speech**? <-- hope you answer this outright instead of sidestepping

Like I said in the thing you quoted: I don't feel you should try to trample on what someone is saying unless they are openly inciting violence.

Also even though I can agree people have different opinions on what is or isn't hate speech, I feel it is wrong to want to silence someone(unless they openly incite violence). A protest, and going "I disagree with you Milo" is not the same as going "You shouldn't even have the right to be here".

It's different if Milo was like a teacher and you had to attend his class. But you don't, you don't need to go to his speech. Nobody does. If some people genuinely want to hear what he has to say? Let them! Not wanting him heard just makes those people want to hear what he has to say even more than they already did. Maybe before they were only somewhat interested, but now? The curiosity has likely grown.

Or maybe he enjoys the money and is also passionate about what he talks about? Because he knows there will always be people like you out there who try to boil it down to nothing more than bigots wanting to hear another bigot talk, because he knows people like you are why people like him exist. You created him, and are responsible for his continued existence.

I do like it though Rob, what you have essentially said here is if a person likes Milo either they are a bigot or "easily impressed" which come on now, is another way of calling someone stupid, correct? Being easily impressed has always sounded like being called stupid or simple minded to me. That kind of attitude just tends to cause people who are on the fence about politics to just walk away, don't you think? Feels like in the current political climate the democratic party suffers more when people walk away from politics.

Well I'm out for the night, I can barely walk so I definitely need some drugs.

Robtard
You're still saying that everyone should have freedom of speech while chastising the peaceful protestors in exercising their FoS. See?

As I said, it was my opinion that Milo is just a mouthpiece looking for crumbs where he can find them and not a 'true believer'. I feel the same about Anne Coulter. It's just a way to make money off of bigots. You can believe they're true adherents to the cause, that's fine.

Silent Master
If I understand his point, he is "chastising" them because they are trying to prevent Milo from exercising his fos at an event he was invited to.

Robtard
Yes. What I said above.

To put it in simplest terms: FoS means you're allowed to tell someone you believe they need to STFU, as long as you do it peacefully. Which is what the protestors were doing before Black Bloc jumped in with violence. /point

-Pr-
Or maybe he enjoys the money and is also passionate about what he talks about? Because he knows there will always be people like you out there who try to boil it down to nothing more than bigots wanting to hear another bigot talk, because he knows people like you are why people like him exist. You created him, and are responsible for his continued existence.

With Milo, I get the feeling that he is an opportunist. He saw something that he could take and run with, and because he's a good speaker and knows how to put together convincing arguments, he gets a lot of attention.

I don't think he's a particularly nice person, and I do disagree with him on several counts, BUT...

He is right about some things, and the fact that he is Gay, Jewish, and apparently a huge fan of black men, means that a lot of the typical dismissive arguments simply don't work against him. As he says, he has no dog in the race, really.

A bit of a tosser, but when he's not trolling people, he does tend to come across as knowing what he's talking about, and he should be allowed to speak when he gives the talks he gives.

Surtur
Originally posted by -Pr-
With Milo, I get the feeling that he is an opportunist. He saw something that he could take and run with, and because he's a good speaker and knows how to put together convincing arguments, he gets a lot of attention.

I don't think he's a particularly nice person, and I do disagree with him on several counts, BUT...

He is right about some things, and the fact that he is Gay, Jewish, and apparently a huge fan of black men, means that a lot of the typical dismissive arguments simply don't work against him. As he says, he has no dog in the race, really.

A bit of a tosser, but when he's not trolling people, he does tend to come across as knowing what he's talking about, and he should be allowed to speak when he gives the talks he gives.

Plus at the end of the day it doesn't matter if he does it for money or if he does it become pink aliens told him to do it.

He's necessary, and why? Shows us the true colors of douches on the left, consistently.

Adam Grimes
Keep falling for it.

Surtur
Yes. What I said above.

To put it in simplest terms: FoS means you're allowed to tell someone you believe they need to STFU, as long as you do it peacefully. Which is what the protestors were doing before Black Bloc jumped in with violence. /point

Believing someone needs to be shut up and specifically wanting them shut up and celebrating like a piece of shit when they are shut up aren't the same. /point

Surtur
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Keep falling for it.

Exactly, imbeciles on the left will continue to fall for it. Milo becomes more popular and more heard than ever before, with every tear they shed, every fire they set.

Will their stupidity ever be lifted? Or will they just never realize their violence just feeds the machine that is Milo?

Adam_PoE
The Altrighties still patron him, seems his hate rhetoric they agree with is enough to overlook his unforgiveable Jewishness.

They appreciate how hard he is trying to be white, that they will let him be a slave after they march the other Jews and gays into ovens.

Surtur
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
They appreciate how hard he is trying to be white, that they will let him be a slave after they march the other Jews and gays into ovens.

https://ibankcoin.com/zeropointnow/files/2017/02/1486103078422.jpg

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by -Pr-
. . . and the fact that he is Gay, Jewish, and apparently a huge fan of black men, means that a lot of the typical dismissive arguments simply don't work against him.

Nonsense.

There are Jews who are Skinheads.

And some of the most racist people participate in interracial sex. They either eroticize the otherness of a person of a different race, thereby turning them into a fetish object; or they think it is degrading to have sex with a person of a different race, and that turns them on. Just observe how they behave when they are turned down for sex by a person of a different race. Their go-to response is racial epithets, and acting as if that person should feel privileged to have sex with them. I absolutely believe that Milo falls into this category.

Flyattractor
Hitler don't wear socks.

Adam_PoE
https://ibankcoin.com/zeropointnow/files/2017/02/1486103078422.jpg

Fail.

I did not compare anyone to Hitler.

Milo Yiannopoulos is a gay Jew.

Milo Yiannopoulos appeals to White Nationalists.

White Nationalists are Nazis.

Nazis kill gays and Jews.

Nazis will not kill Milo Yiannopoulos, even though he is a gay Jew, because he appeals to White Nationalists, who are Nazis.

Try to keep up.

Flyattractor
You hate this book, that makes you a book hater, and nazis hate books.

Adam is a book hater.

MAKE YOUR OWN CONCLUSIONS!!!!!!!!!

Firefly218
I feel like Milo just enjoys trolling

Flyattractor
Yes. And that is why the Left wants him to be imprisoned or worse.

Cause its only ok to Troll when The LEFT does it.

Its called Hypocrisy.

vansonbee
Isn't White nationalist a group similar to BLM? I mean they have pride in being white, that doesn't make them racist?

Flyattractor
Kind of except that the WNG is in prison and the BLM is out on the streets.

Surtur
I feel like Milo just enjoys trolling

Of course he does, no doubt that is one of the reasons he does what he does.

I shit you not: The Young Turks have said this was a right wing plot by 4chan.

ArtificialGlory
Of course he does, no doubt that is one of the reasons he does what he does.

I shit you not: The Young Turks have said this was a right wing plot by 4chan.
TYT is an absolute shitshow, but Milo definitely comes across as more than a little trolly.

Surtur
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
TYT is an absolute shitshow, but Milo definitely comes across as more than a little trolly.

He has referred to himself as both a professional "provocateur" and a professional troll.

I think sometimes people need to be trolled. Mostly because it is funny, but also because it can cause them to show their true colors.

Milo is the worst kind of troll for liberals because he's intelligent, or at least informed. He can easily debate someone if he wants to.

BackFire
These riots were an absolute disgrace, saw a video of a Trump supporter unconscious and still getting attacked by some shitbag with a shovel. Protests are fine and I completely support them, but the people engaging in that kind of violence need to be in jail for a long, long time.

I also think that, while like I said, I support the freedom of people to protest whatever the hell they want, if their goal was to silence and get Milo ignored, it obviously backfired as his audience grew by several million as a result of these riots.

Even if there was no violence, protesting in general brings attention to whatever cause the people are protesting. In this case, someone who many consider a troll. Protesting a troll will only bring more attention to the troll, which is what trolls want. As a longtime moderator, the best way to shut up a troll is to ignore him and not respond to him, don't give them attention as that's what trolls want. And that seems to be what Milo wants, and that's what he got here. If he had just been ignored then he would have talked to a couple hundred college republicans and no one would have really heard anything about it.

Surtur
Also I saw a video which had a clip of non-masked protesters cheering on the violence. Not all of them were for it, but the idea every student there was just abhorred by this isn't true.

Surtur
Originally posted by BackFire
These riots were an absolute disgrace, saw a video of a Trump supporter unconscious and still getting attacked by some shitbag with a shovel. Protests are fine and I completely support them, but the people engaging in that kind of violence need to be in jail for a long, long time.

I also think that, while like I said, I support the freedom of people to protest whatever the hell they want, if their goal was to silence and get Milo ignored, it obviously backfired as his audience grew by several million as a result of these riots.

Even if there was no violence, protesting in general brings attention to whatever cause the people are protesting. In this case, someone who many consider a troll. Protesting a troll will only bring more attention to the troll, which is what trolls want. As a longtime moderator, the best way to shut up a troll is to ignore him and not respond to him, don't give them attention as that's what trolls want. And that seems to be what Milo wants, and that's what he got here. If he had just been ignored then he would have talked to a couple hundred college republicans and no one would have really heard anything about it.

What do you think of some of these proposals aimed at protesters:

US states propose new laws which could stop people protesting against Donald Trump

I don't want to encourage people to run these people down so I don't like that aspect some want, but heftier fines and jail time for blocking roadways and shit? I agree. Making them able to be sued for damage caused? I agree.

People will say this is trying to silence people, but I feel you have nothing to fear if you are planning a truly peaceful protest.

BackFire
What do you think of some of these proposals aimed at protesters:

US states propose new laws which could stop people protesting against Donald Trump

I don't want to encourage people to run these people down so I don't like that aspect some want, but heftier fines and jail time for blocking roadways and shit? I agree. Making them able to be sued for damage caused? I agree.

People will say this is trying to silence people, but I feel you have nothing to fear if you are planning a truly peaceful protest.

Most of those seem unreasonably hostile or vague, meaning they could be more easily abused. I don't think allowing people to run over protestors is a good idea at all.

I also don't like the one where the government can sue even a peaceful protest because of a police presence. If a protestor damages something, then of course they should be sued. But if they're just marching and the police decide to hang out just as a precautionary measure, then no those protestors shouldn't be sued.

The one outlawing intimidating and threatening seems ok in theory, but again, what would constitute intimidating and threatening? It seems to be based on a NC governor simply being yelled at, yelling at someone is not in itself something that should warrant an arrest, unless they are explicitly saying something that is dangerous or threatening.

Surtur
What do you feel when it comes to jail time for people who block traffic?

-Pr-
Nonsense.

There are Jews who are Skinheads.

And some of the most racist people participate in interracial sex. They either eroticize the otherness of a person of a different race, thereby turning them into a fetish object; or they think it is degrading to have sex with a person of a different race, and that turns them on. Just observe how they behave when they are turned down for sex by a person of a different race. Their go-to response is racial epithets, and acting as if that person should feel privileged to have sex with them. I absolutely believe that Milo falls into this category.

I never said nor implied that those people didn't exist.

I don't think he does, but okay.

BackFire
What do you feel when it comes to jail time for people who block traffic?

Guess it all depends on if they move when the police tell them to move, or if they refuse. I think prison is too far, maybe a fine or something.

Surtur
Guess it all depends on if they move when the police tell them to move, or if they refuse. I think prison is too far, maybe a fine or something.

Speaking of jail, what disturbs me a great deal is the lack of any real arrests during this incident.

BackFire
From what I understand the mayor delayed police action, or something? Definitely a bad move, some of those people definitely need to be arrested.

Surtur
From what I understand the mayor delayed police action, or something? Definitely a bad move, some of those people definitely need to be arrested.

If true Trump shouldn't be going after the school, but rather the mayor.

Did you hear what happened the other day in NYC with Gavin McInnes at NYU?

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/02/03/violent-protests-nyu-new-york-city-gavin-mcinnes-vice-media

http://heatst.com/culture-wars/woman-nyu-professor-has-meltdown-asks-cops-to-beat-up-vices-gavin-mcinnes/

Behavior at colleges is getting out of control.

BackFire
I think I heard something about that, I'm not sure, there are so many protests going on these days it can be hard to keep track.

Looks like that was handled correctly, though - violence broke out, arrested those who engaged in the violence. As it should be.

Surtur
That is true, but this time you had an NYU professor foaming at the mouth over this.

Just shocking to see educators behave this way. They do not care who sees them or that it is being recorded.

Flyattractor
Thats called TENURE!

Stigma

thumb up

Dr Will Hatch
You see, that would normally be true, but the thing is, we've normalized neo-Nazi rhetoric enough already(And that's what the alt-right ARE, they are neo-Nazis), and if you don't speak out against it, than you are endorsing it. Why would you not expect a neo-Nazi to have protests against him?

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
You see, that would normally be true, but the thing is, we've normalized neo-Nazi rhetoric enough already(And that's what the alt-right ARE, they are neo-Nazis), and if you don't speak out against it, than you are endorsing it. Why would you not expect a neo-Nazi to have protests against him?
Milo is a neo-Nazi? Whaaaaat?

Dr Will Hatch
Well of course he's not going to CALL himself one, nor anyone else associated with the alt-right, but yeah, that's basically what they are. Their beliefs are practically the same exact as neo-Nazis.

ArtificialGlory
Well of course he's not going to CALL himself one, nor anyone else associated with the alt-right, but yeah, that's basically what they are. Their beliefs are practically the same exact as neo-Nazis.
For example...?

Dr Will Hatch

ArtificialGlory
Both of those links focus on the worst of the absolute worst elements of the so-called Alt-right. Seeing how it's a loose, decentralized movement at best, it attracts anyone from disillusioned conservatives/libertarians to actual neo-Nazis. Also notice how in the first link, the actual neo-Nazis are calling Milo a "sneaky homo Jew". Gee, it's almost as if there's a huge difference between him and neo-Nazis.

Silent Master

Could you please list things that Milo has actually said that are Neo-Nazi beliefs?

Beniboybling
Milo isn't part of the alt-right or a neo-nazi, he's just a bit of a dick. They are similar but not the same. sad

Surtur
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Milo isn't part of the alt-right or a neo-nazi, he's just a bit of a dick. They are similar but not the same. sad

Lots of people are dicks though, from both the right and the left.

What they will never realize about Milo is that they could take away a good chunk of his power if they just stopped paying attention to him. So if you don't like him and he is set to give a speech at your school? Okay, don't attend the speech and go about your day. Protesting this person, even peacefully, does not solve anything.

Btw Bill Maher said Milo is appearing on his show soon. It will be interesting.

Stigma
"The Fascists of the Future will call themselves Anti-Fascists." GG thumb up

Also, soon you can by Milo's book and later burn along other books on dissident views. smile

Stigma
^ *buy

Flyattractor
Califunny just can't turn the violence off....

CaliFunny all bout the Lefty Wacky! aka Leftist Violence continues

Surtur

Can you point me to something Milo has said that confirms he is a neo nazi?

Why would a neo nazi f*ck black guys?

Surtur
Califunny just can't turn the violence off....

CaliFunny all bout the Lefty Wacky! aka Leftist Violence continues

Lol these people are just a parody of themselves now. What are they thinking?

I'm so glad they are finally showing their true colors more and more out in the open where it can be recorded. This is why this country is slowly, but surely getting fed up with these kind of people and their bullshit.

I truly want them to continue to attempt to silence people whose views they can't handle, I want to see them label anything they disagree with as hate speech in an attempt to justify silencing it. By doing this they ensure plenty of people will hear whatever person they are trying to silence.

Flyattractor
I am starting to think that we need to reconsider the notionof letting Califunny segeregate from the rest of the nation. DEY GETTING TO BE WAY TO WACKY over Der! Must have gotten some Laced Wacky Tabbacky.

Its alike a zombie outbreak but instead of the undead its the SJW Brain Dead!

CUT EM OFF NOW!!!!! Like they did in Escape from LA.

Adam Grimes

Why would a neo nazi f*ck black guys? Do you know anything about nazis or neo nazis?

Surtur
Must have gotten some Laced Wacky Tabbacky.

I agree, I just can't figure out how so many paint chips got into the weed though. It will forever be a mystery.

Surtur
Do you know anything about nazis or neo nazis?

Do you? Pop quiz! How do they feel about jews?

Flyattractor
Maybe they are using the irradiated sea water from Japan to water their stashes.

Next they will be Godzilla sized but fortuneatly still dazed and confued enough to not be smart enough to get out of the state of Califunny.

Surtur
Maybe they are using the irradiated sea water from Japan to water their stashes.

Next they will be Godzilla sized but fortuneatly still dazed and confued enough to not be smart enough to get out of the state of Califunny.

These kids need some non-laced weed. They should be forced to eat edibles, once they have been certified safe. These college kids need to be medicated so they can calm down. I doubt they'd even care what Milo has to say.

Flyattractor
These kids need some non-laced weed. They should be forced to eat edibles, once they have been certified safe. These college kids need to be medicated so they can calm down. I doubt they'd even care what Milo has to say.

Preferably some EDIBLES with lots of Bran and Fiber.

They need something to UNCLOG them.

Cause Dey FULL OF....it.

Surtur
Preferably some EDIBLES with lots of Bran and Fiber.

They need something to UNCLOG them.

Cause Dey FULL OF....it.

If only we could somehow lace play-doh and coloring books with THC.

Adam Grimes
Do you? Pop quiz! How do they feel about jews? Til jews and black guys are the same

Flyattractor
If only we could somehow lace play-doh and coloring books with THC.

I would think it would be better to lace it with DDT.

Surtur
Til jews and black guys are the same

Nobody said they are, but the whole "Jew" thing is another aspect of Milo that doesn't mesh with the whole nazi bullshit.

Do yo have an explanation for how a gay jew who f*cks blacks is a nazi? I saw others post some nonsense about "derp the alt right is just using him" which is..well, doesn't explain how Milo is a nazi or a neo nazi. I assume you have a more intelligent explanation.

We're not even going to use the excuse he is popular, because he wasn't always popular, and yet the supposedly anti semitic Steve Bannon hired him. Another right wing plot, surely?

Adam Grimes
So you've never seen someone root for the sector that hates/laugh at them?

That's the average altrighter for you.

Flyattractor
I root for the Leftists Progressives.....to FAIL!

And then Laugh at them when they do.

Does that count?

dadudemon

I've caught up with this character and I haven't read too much that was garbage. What garbage did he spew? Quote me some stuff so I can catch up to you. And, yes, I'm serious: not being sarcastic. If you say he spews garbage, I am strongly inclined to believe you.

eg I'd have a problem with a member of N.A.M.B.L.A. speaking at my children's schools and I have the right to voice my opinion against that happening, as long as I do it peacefully.

Yeah, but you're intelligent and level headed. I'd expect that type of meted reaction from you.

dadudemon

dadudemon
The only thing dangerous about Milo Yiannopoulos is the bleach-blond Greek-Jew denial on his head. His hair is so damaged, he does not have split ends, he has divorced ends. Unfortunately for him, there is not enough peroxide in the world for him to change his heritage. So he will have to settle for being a White Nationalist, because that is the closest he can get to being the Aryan he so desperately wants to be. To top everything off, he is not attractive. Between his appearance and his politics, I cannot imagine a gay man who would have sex with him. I definitely do not want to see the pick of that litter.

haha! Holy shit! This is quite the personal-appearance attack. Very uncharacteristic of you. This guy must be a massive *sshole.

Yes. What I said above.

thumb up

You're a good person. I'm not reading anything from American Liberals who have expressed sympathy to the Trumptards being physically harmed. You're the first.

Why would a neo nazi f*ck black guys?

Yeah, I'm buying into the idea that he's a Neo-Nazi. Seems like strawman just because some people don't like what he has to say.

BackFire
Frankly the discourse about violence has become very disturbing. But it's not just the left, you can see on this very forum people openly rooting for people to get run over and potentially killed simply because they're standing in the street during a protest. It's pretty sad.

Flyattractor
They brought it on themselves.

BackFire
I'm sure that's what the dipshit who attacked a Trump supporter with a shovel thought to justify his evil to himself, too.

Flyattractor
Ahh rationalization. It is truly great.

dadudemon
Frankly the discourse about violence has become very disturbing. But it's not just the left, you can see on this very forum people openly rooting for people to get run over and potentially killed simply because they're standing in the street during a protest. It's pretty sad.

Same things happened from American conservatards during Obama's reign, too: Americans just being stupid and violent.

BackFire
Indeed. You know what all terrible atrocities in history have in common? Someone, somewhere, was able to rationalize them.

Flyattractor
And it is usually done by the most Irrational of people.

Beniboybling
Nobody said they are, but the whole "Jew" thing is another aspect of Milo that doesn't mesh with the whole nazi bullshit.

Do yo have an explanation for how a gay jew who f*cks blacks is a nazi? I saw others post some nonsense about "derp the alt right is just using him" which is..well, doesn't explain how Milo is a nazi or a neo nazi. I assume you have a more intelligent explanation.

We're not even going to use the excuse he is popular, because he wasn't always popular, and yet the supposedly anti semitic Steve Bannon hired him. Another right wing plot, surely? Milo keeps saying he has black boyfriends, I've seen no evidence. uhuh

dadudemon
Milo keeps saying he has black boyfriends, I've seen no evidence. uhuh

I think....with how much hate he gets, surely SOMEONE would have shown counter proof, by now. The fact that he likes black dudes is probably so ubiquitous that no one would even attempt to try to call him out on that.

dadudemon
"There are some fringe factions of the alt-right that have demonstrated genuinely racist, anti-Semitic, and prejudiced leanings. They clearly don't want a Jewish, homosexual, black-d - - supremacist as a spokesman. And I don't want to be associated with them, either."

Milo Yiannopoulos

I'm looking for garbage quotes for this guy. But I'm not finding much. I'll keep looking. I am told I am supposed to hate this guy considering I'm a social liberal.

-Pr-
Well, he did admit he loves Trump.

Though not so much for his policies, I would imagine.

Surtur
"There are some fringe factions of the alt-right that have demonstrated genuinely racist, anti-Semitic, and prejudiced leanings. They clearly don't want a Jewish, homosexual, black-d - - supremacist as a spokesman. And I don't want to be associated with them, either."

Milo Yiannopoulos

I'm looking for garbage quotes for this guy. But I'm not finding much. I'll keep looking. I am told I am supposed to hate this guy considering I'm a social liberal.

You aren't going to find anything that shows he is a nazi or anything. He's not nearly as bad as people make him out to be. Either they have only seen one or two videos of him, or they listen to the exaggerated accounts of his actions in the media(like the constant dishonesty over the Leslie Jones twitter thing).

Plus my whole thing with free speech is you only believe in it if you believe in ideas and views being discussed that you don't like. It's really easy to not have a problem with something you agree with. The real test is tolerating what you don't agree with. There is a difference between protesting because you don't agree with someones views and protesting merely because you can't handle that person was even given a platform, even though it's not like anyone was being forced to attend. Plus context also matters. In the specific case of Milo he WANTS people to protest. Whether violent or non-violent, he wants people out there protesting and crying about him. In some cases even non-violent protests just makes a situation worse, and this is one of those cases.

This person has never actually encouraged violence towards anyone. But instead of actually challenging his views with facts..they just didn't want him to even have the chance to talk, and to hell with any student who was actually interested in what Milo had to say. Hate speech can mean different things to different people, yet people still think this can be used to automatically shut down anyone they don't agree with. People have said his saying "feminism is cancer" was even a form of hate speech.

It's not just Milo who has people who oppose him who can't come at him with facts. Gavin McInnes was also targeted recently at a college, and at one point he challenges the ring leader of some of these people to come actually debate with him. Do you want to know how these enlightened future leaders responded? By screaming "Whose campus? Our campus!!" over and over lol.

There are two ways to get rid of people like Milo. The first(and most sensible) is to simply ignore him. Don't watch his videos, if he is giving a speech somewhere then simply don't attend. Let him fade away by not paying attention to him. The second way to get rid of people like him seems to be the route liberals intend to take with this. That way is to basically become so utterly hysterical and so much of a parody of yourself that people become so utterly fed up that we no longer need people like Milo to draw focus to this.

dadudemon
Reading more quotes from him, I get why so many American liberals despise him.

He's not politically correct when discussing his distaste for Islam and their anti-homosexuality beliefs (and speaks about their violence against homosexuals).

He's not politically correct when it comes to Black America: he speaks directly against Black Lives Matter and against the idea that "black people have it bad."

And this is the biggest reason of all: he was not pro-Hillary Clinton. That's pretty much the foundation of it all. He spoke out against her in many ways. And he didn't spare the rod.

He also thinks, politically incorrectly, that Western Culture keeps women and gays safe. He also thinks the Islamic immigrants are a threat to women and gays in Europe.

And he was pro-Trump because Trump was the most pro-LGBTQ mainstream presidential candidate in American History.

So I can see how he would clearly rub American Liberal people the wrong way in the US. Not apologetic at all about how he views the "racial issues of Black Americans" as being whining. That has got to piss off a lot of people and I disagree with him. There are clear issues with Black America and pretending like they are just whining is not honest. However, those same issues are part of other race demographics in America, too.

Surtur
Reading more quotes from him, I get why so many American liberals despise him.

He's not politically correct when discussing his distaste for Islam and their anti-homosexuality beliefs (and speaks about their violence against homosexuals).

He's not politically correct when it comes to Black America: he speaks directly against Black Lives Matter and against the idea that "black people have it bad."

And this is the biggest reason of all: he was not pro-Hillary Clinton. That's pretty much the foundation of it all. He spoke out against her in many ways. And he didn't spare the rod.

He also thinks, politically incorrectly, that Western Culture keeps women and gays safe. He also thinks the Islamic immigrants are a threat to women and gays in Europe.

And he was pro-Trump because Trump was the most pro-LGBTQ mainstream presidential candidate in American History.

So I can see how he would clearly rub American Liberal people the wrong way in the US. Not apologetic at all about how he views the "racial issues of Black Americans" as being whining. That has got to piss off a lot of people and I disagree with him. There are clear issues with Black America and pretending like they are just whining is not honest. However, those same issues are part of other race demographics in America, too.

Yep and another thing is he is gay, but he has flat out said he wishes he was not.

Milo keeps saying he has black boyfriends, I've seen no evidence. uhuh

So what about his being gay or being a jew? Do you not believe those things either? It's weird that nazis would associate with a gay jew. Especially one who is so openly gay and Jewish.

dadudemon
Yep and another thing is he is gay, but he has flat out said he wishes he was not.

Yeah, many homosexuals (or people from the LGBTQ community) believe the same. Some of them have had very tough lives. Many commit suicide because the persecution gets so bad. Many hurt themselves (cutting and the like) over this. Many turn to drugs and other pleasures to try to escape their sometimes unbearable reality.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>