The Runner Vs Superboy Prime

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
http://static5.comicvine.com/uploads/original/0/5586/629939-r2.jpg

No prep.
No BFR.

http://static4.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_medium/2/28028/887371-two_of_a_kind002.jpg

SquallX
Prime rips him in half.

riv6672
Seems a bit of a boast, but thank you.

zopzop
Prime has done more on panel than Runner has. Runner's greatest advantage, his super speed, won't help him vs a foe that's in his league speed wise plus outclasses him in raw physical power.

riv6672
Not sure about the latter, but SBP has a thing with speedsters (ones witjout Runner's other powers). That thing is fear.

Still, if your and Squal's responses are what i get, i appreciate it.
I'll check on this later today.

carver9
Superboy Prime. I don't think beating Surfer is enough.

cdtm
Runner has a "likeability" power that really played a major role in wearing Norrin down.

SBP might not be able to go all out because of that.

Cogito
Originally posted by riv6672
Not sure about the latter, but SBP has a thing with speedsters (ones witjout Runner's other powers). That thing is fear.

He only fears being dumped in the speed force. Not a concern with the Runner

golem370
Space Gem or No?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by cdtm
Runner has a "likeability" power that really played a major role in wearing Norrin down.

SBP might not be able to go all out because of that.

Black Lanterns' have tried messing with his emotions before. Didn't end well.

golem370
Yeah but were those dark emotions?

DarkSaint85
They went through all of them. Love, Compassion, Hope, Will, Anger etc.

Delta1938

Originally posted by Cogito
He only fears being dumped in the speed force. Not a concern with the Runner

This. Thinking his speed of the Flash Family will apply to Runner is an assumption.

riv6672
^^^Not sure what you endd with about the assumption; i just said he's afraid of speedsters, the big wussy.

Originally posted by golem370
Space Gem or No?
Oh yeah, space gem yes. I forgot to specify/cant edit.

Anyway, thanks for the Runner/ Black Lantern stuff guys.

Delta1938
^^^Not sure what you endd with about the assumption; i just said he's afraid of speedsters, the big wussy.

Yes, because it totally isn't inaccurate to bring-up Superboy Prime's fear of the Flash Family, leave-out why, and apply it to anybody with super speed. roll eyes (sarcastic)

riv6672
Eh, if you say so. I was just saying he fears speedsters.
But you can take it as a conspiracy to deceive the community.

Delta1938
Eh, if you say so. I was just saying he fears speedsters.
But you can take it as a conspiracy to deceive the community.

Not so much a conspiracy as you screwed up and stuck with it. vin

Philosophía
Superboy has faced characters faster and more powerful than the Runner and had a clear advantage. And that's without getting into Monarch, Guardians, Ion etc.

This is a shitstomp.

Galan007
Not sure about the latter, but SBP has a thing with speedsters (ones witjout Runner's other powers). That thing is fear. Even IF we assume his fear of speedsters would play a factor against Runner, Prime does have ways to 'counter' speedsters... Most notably, something like this:
http://i.imgur.com/G0mNBxe.jpg

But tbh, even the lowliest members of the Flash Family that Prime has dealt with are still FAR beyond Runner... Prime would have NO reason at all to fear him.

golem370
With the Space Gem he could slow Superman's speed from what I read or momentum.

Galan007
With the Space Gem he could slow Superman's speed from what I read or momentum. The only thing Runner was able to do with the gem is subconsciously teleport from one place to another. He certainly was not capable of using any of the gem's more esoteric abilities, despite wielding it for billions of years.

golem370
Doesn't mean he can't

Galan007
Prime has never transformed into a Super Saiyan... But you're right, I guess that doesn't mean he can't.

Thanks for dropping this knowledge on me, chum! thumb up

Delta1938
Originally posted by Galan007
Prime has never transformed into a Super Saiyan... But you're right, I guess that doesn't mean he can't.

Thanks for dropping this knowledge on me, chum! thumb up

laughing

golem370
How many times has The Runner. Been shown while having the space gem?

Galan007
Enough for us to know that all he could do with it is subconsciously teleport. thumb up

riv6672
But tbh, even the lowliest members of the Flash Family that Prime has dealt with are still FAR beyond Runner... Prime would have NO reason at all to fear him.
His initial reaction's still going to be 'Oh SHIT! A speedster!'

stick out tongue

riv6672
This was a fun thread to read, between galan and delta trying to out do each other.
Its what i like in a thread. thumb up

Delta1938
This was a fun thread to read, between galan and delta trying to out do each other.
Its what i like in a thread. thumb up

confused

riv6672
thumb up

Adam Grimes
Prime melts him with HV.

iceman24567
Doesn't mean he can't What? So we assume he can until its shown that he cant? I want to use that logic in a courtroom

riv6672
^^^It wont work, i've tried.

Deadline
Even IF we assume his fear of speedsters would play a factor against Runner, Prime does have ways to 'counter' speedsters... Most notably, something like this:
http://i.imgur.com/G0mNBxe.jpg

By the way you sure about this? I'm not saying you're wrong I'm just saying are you sure and please elaborate on why you think that is.

The only thing Runner was able to do with the gem is subconsciously teleport from one place to another. He certainly was not capable of using any of the gem's more esoteric abilities, despite wielding it for billions of years.

Don't think he had it for billions of years, don't think that changes anything anyway.

riv6672
There's been a lot of exaggeration in this thread. From the obvious, like ripping Runner in half & melting him, to the subtle, like implying his speed is sub par.

Fun to read, but nothing to take seriously.
SBP can surely win, just not in a stupid manner.

Adam Grimes
Why couldn't Prime just melt him, or rip him in half?

Deadline
There's been a lot of exaggeration in this thread. From the obvious, like ripping Runner in half & melting him, to the subtle, like implying his speed is sub par.

Fun to read, but nothing to take seriously.
SBP can surely win, just not in a stupid manner.

Yea. In short I'm not sure that you can actually prove that any of The Flashes are actually faster than The Runner. Its not that the Flashes are actually faster it's that they're able to manipulate a form of energy that is unique to the DC universe. So you could argue that a Flash character is faster than a Marvel character because they have a feat were they run so fast they move back in time but it doesn't mean they're faster it simply means they have the speed force.

Technically any Marvel character should be able to have some degree of time travel if they can move many times the speed of light, especially when even Captain America is nowhere near lightspeed but can see things in slow motion. The reason why they don't go back in time is because that's not how things work in Marvel, however I think Surfer has done this but not sure whether it was speed or energy manip.

These are not all my thoughts on the issue I could go into how even in Marvel comics you can enter into different dimensions depending on how fast you travel etc etc.

Bottom line is I really don't think that the Flash side have really thought out they're arguments they have just made the assumption that The Flashes are faster. I could be wrong.

DarkSaint85
What's Runners best speed feat?

Then we can go witH a Flashs best speed feat (quantifiable, not going through time or whatever) or SBPs.

Deadline
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
What's Runners best speed feat?

Then we can go witH a Flashs best speed feat (quantifiable, not going through time or whatever) or SBPs.

Well he's supposed to be much faster than Surfer who can travel many times the speed of light. From what I can see in his feats you could argue that he can travel 100 or 1000s of times the speed of light. The Runner is a speedster by the way so his movement speed can be applied to his combat speed.

Originally posted by One-Punch
"The Surfer and Dawn outsurfed the end of the multiverse and escaped through a tear in reality"

http://s22.postimg.org/odtexdn4d/16_01.jpg

More confirmation that Surfer was moving at a multi-universe/timelines spanning speed to escape multiversal destruction.

Anything that the Surfer can do Runner can do better i would assume if Runner had his own comic series he would have done the same

abhilegend
laughing out loud

Runner was explicitly left in dust by Makkari at lightspeed and unable to escape a black hole.

He is slower than any flash.

DarkSaint85
I'd kinda ignore power scaling, just because then you could argue Batman/Deathstroke (both of whom have tagged Flashs many a time) are FTL....characters are used to make others look good. Hence the request for quantifiable speed feats.

Deadline
Originally posted by abhilegend
laughing out loud

Runner was explicitly left in dust by Makkari at lightspeed and unable to escape a black hole.

He is slower than any flash.

He was suprized, plus that whole thing didn't make any sense because it was stated that the top speed is light speed but we can ignore that since there are loads of examples of people slower than Runner moving faster than light.

I think I know what you're refering haven't read that in a while there might have been circumstances, weren't they trying to help Inbetweener beat Galactus?

I'd kinda ignore power scaling, just because then you could argue Batman/Deathstroke (both of whom have tagged Flashs many a time) are FTL....characters are used to make others look good. Hence the request for quantifiable speed feats.

Well I'm afraid he doesn't have lots of feats so the only thing you can do is looks and feats and power scale. Not even sure if it's power scaling but a statement of fact Surfer said he was more powerful than him and Runner easily beat him and was faster than him too, not only that he speed blitzed Thanos, Surfer couldn't do that. So yea based on what we know Runner is faster than Surfer.

No tagging Flash doesn't mean FTL not sure how you came to that logic.

DarkSaint85
I'm just saying, if we say character X is as fast as character Y because they could affect each other....its not always black and white.

Blue Area Vet
I swear, your ability to breath with Superman's prosthetic shlong down your throat is like a super power. Where the hell are you getting that Superman is more powerful and faster than the Runner? And people wonder why they get called fanboys.

Blue Area Vet

Quantifiable? Is all fake dude, therefore unquantifiable. All we have is a vague idea based on an average of their showings. So you are telling me what he did to Surfer and Thanos should be discounted?

Delta1938
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
I swear, your ability to breath with Superman's prosthetic shlong down your throat is like a super power. Where the hell are you getting that Superman is more powerful and faster than the Runner? And people wonder why they get called fanboys.

Quantifiable? Is all fake dude, therefore unquantifiable. All we have is a vague idea based on an average of their showings. So you are telling me what he did to Surfer and Thanos should be discounted?

Curious, do you have an actual argument?

Adam Grimes
I swear, your ability to breath with Superman's prosthetic shlong down your throat is like a super power. Where the hell are you getting that Superman is more powerful and faster than the Runner? And people wonder why they get called fanboys. Why are you derailing the thread?

Galan007
Originally posted by Deadline
Originally posted by One-Punch
"The Surfer and Dawn outsurfed the end of the multiverse and escaped through a tear in reality"

http://s22.postimg.org/odtexdn4d/16_01.jpg

More confirmation that Surfer was moving at a multi-universe/timelines spanning speed to escape multiversal destruction.

Anything that the Surfer can do Runner can do better i would assume if Runner had his own comic series he would have done the same This implies that the Surfer of 2016 = the Surfer of 1987... Which is most definitely NOT the case. Surfer's powers have obviously been increased in the ~30 years since he last battled Runner. smile

Deadline
This implies that the Surfer of 2016 = the Surfer of 1987... Which is most definitely NOT the case. Surfer's powers have obviously been increased in the ~30 years since he last battled Runner. smile

Please provide evidence for your arguments instead of just making statements please, so please provide evidence that 2016 Surfer is just as powerful or more powerful than The Runner. Even if he was more powerful don't think that changes anything.

Galan007
Please provide evidence for your arguments instead of just making statements please, so please provide evidence that 2016 Surfer is just as powerful or more powerful than The Runner. Even if he was more powerful don't think that changes anything. It is not 'just' a statement; it is a well-known fact.

You posted a scan/feat of 2016 Surfer, and said that Runner is superior to him. However, your opinion that Runner > Surfer hinges on their battle ~30 years ago. It does not take into account Surfer's increases in power since then. In layman's terms: 2016 Surfer >>> 1987 Surfer.

The burden of proof, it would seem, actually falls on YOU to prove that Runner is beyond CURRENT Surfer... But given that Runner was capped at SUB-light speed in Quasar #58, you'll be hard-pressed to prove that, me thinks. smile

Sin I AM
It is not 'just' a statement; it is a well-known fact, lol.

You posted a scan/feat of 2016 Surfer, and said that Runner is superior to him. However, your opinion that Runner > Surfer hinges on their battle ~30 years ago. It does not take into account Surfer's increases in power since then. In layman's terms: 2016 Surfer >>> 1987 Surfer.

The burden of proof, it would seem, actually falls on YOU to prove that Runner is beyond CURRENT Surfer... But given that Runner was capped at SUB-light speed in Quasar #58, you'll be hard-pressed to prove that, me thinks. smile

nice sig

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Why are you derailing the thread?

lol

carver9

I told you.

Deadline
It is not 'just' a statement; it is a well-known fact.

No it isn't anyone can make statements, this is a debate thread, in debate threads you provide evidence and elaborate. In fact I don't think you've provided evidence for anything in this thread. Poor debating. In fact prove that it's a well know fact then. What does Surfer have written on his chest 'I'm more powerful than I was in 1987'? facepalm

Stop trolling. No I don't need to provide proof because Runner being capped at sublight speed is complete nonsense because I know that you have read 100s of marvel comics and you know that Grunewalds statement of light being the fastest speed there is complete nonsense. No I'm not contradicting myself if you actually read what I said, anyone can pick up a marvel comic with a herald level character and see them moving faster than light, there are going to be lots of people who don't know Surfer is more powerful than he was in 1987. Even if he was, how much more powerful? Is he subskyfather level now? Absurd statement.

DarkSaint85

...that's not what quantifiable means.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by carver9
I told you.

Cheerleading, again? Reported.

DarkSaint85
No it isn't anyone can make statements, this is a debate thread, in debate threads you provide evidence and elaborate. In fact I don't think you've provided evidence for anything in this thread. Poor debating. In fact prove that it's a well know fact then. What does Surfer have written on his chest 'I'm more powerful than i was in 1987'? facepalm

Stop trolling no I don't need to provide proof that Runner being capped at sublight speed is complete nonsense because I know that you have read 100s of marvel comics and you know that Grunewalds statement of light being the fastest speed there is complete nonsense. No I'm not contradicting myself if you actually read what I said, anyone can pick up a marvel comic with a herald level character and see them moving faster than light, there are going to be lots of people who don't know Surfer is more powerful than he was in 1987. Even if he was, how much more powerful? Is he subskyfather level now? Absurd statement.

In 1987, speed of light was the top speed. Since then, Surfer has gone faster than that. Ergo, Surfer is more powerful than then.

Deadline
In 1987, speed of light was the top speed. Since then, Surfer has gone faster than that. Ergo, Surfer is more powerful than then.

No it wasn't. That's why the statement is nonsense lots of characters have gone faster than light before and after that statment. It's like saying diamond is more durable than Adamantuim it's simply not true in the Marvel universe.

DarkSaint85
No it wasn't. That's why the statement is nonsense lots of characters have gone faster than light before and after that statment. It's like saying diamond is more durable than Adamantuim it's simply not true in the Marvel universe.

Who went faster before that statement?

Edit: Also:
Well he's supposed to be much faster than Surfer who can travel many times the speed of light. From what I can see in his feats you could argue that he can travel 100 or 1000s of times the speed of light. The Runner is a speedster by the way so his movement speed can be applied to his combat speed.

Anything that the Surfer can do Runner can do better i would assume if Runner had his own comic series he would have done the same
Flash has gone way faster than that. And SBP is even FASTER than Wally:

http://i.imgur.com/hlVL6IR.png

'Not even Wally'.

Deadline
Who went faster before that statement?

Everyone lol. Ok not literally everyone but you get the idea.

Flash has gone way faster than that. And SBP is even FASTER than Wally:

http://i.imgur.com/hlVL6IR.png

'Not even Wally'.

Nah that's not proof, the problem is that they're going so fast you can't quantify it. All we know is lightspeed >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>. It's the same with the flashes you don't know exactly how fast they're going but you know that they can travel a lot faster than light.

DarkSaint85
Everyone lol. Ok not literally everyone but you get the idea.

Nah that's not proof, the problem is that they're going so fast you can't quantify it. All we know is lightspeed >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>. It's the same with the flashes you don't know exactly how fast they're going but you know that they can travel a lot faster than light.

You can quantify this feat.

http://imgur.com/a/5NW6p

Scans half a million people, finds them, grabs them, and throws them into the path of a beam of light.

Galan007
No it isn't anyone can make statements, this is a debate thread, in debate threads you provide evidence and elaborate. In fact I don't think you've provided evidence for anything in this thread. Poor debating. In fact prove that it's a well know fact then. What does Surfer have written on his chest 'I'm more powerful than I was in 1987'? facepalm ...And I provided evidence... From comic books, lol.

It is a fact that Surfer has been upgraded since he fought Runner almost 30 years ago, yes:
http://i.imgur.com/zrSOpuC.jpg

Not sure why you're getting so upset, throwing these faux-insults at me, and ignoring the VAST difference in his portrayals in the time since their battle..?

Stop trolling. No I don't need to provide proof because Runner being capped at sublight speed is complete nonsense because I know that you have read 100s of marvel comics and you know that Grunewalds statement of light being the fastest speed there is complete nonsense. No I'm not contradicting myself if you actually read what I said, anyone can pick up a marvel comic with a herald level character and see them moving faster than light, there are going to be lots of people who don't know Surfer is more powerful than he was in 1987. Even if he was, how much more powerful? Is he subskyfather level now? Absurd statement. Lol, wow. Is it 'trolling' to bring up on panel evidence, and present it in an intelligible way? If so, I suppose I am guilty as charged. thumb up

As I mentioned earlier: your opinion that Runner > Surfer hinges on a battle they had 30 years ago. It does not take into account Surfer's increases in power/speed since then. ie. Runner being superior to Surfer in 1987, certainly doesn't mean he still holds that advantage in 2017. It is overtly fallacious to assume otherwise.

...It's like me trying to say that Superman from Action Comics #1 = Superman from Action Comics #900. srsly

Facee
^ So what new powers was he granted? Just curious.

SquallX

Prime was able to moved the center of the Universe before the Guardians, the beings that observed the Universe could even realize it.

Prime was able to escape the speed force, something no one outside the Flash/villains has ever done.

From what i've read of the Runner, he has no feat that would even make Prime work up a sweat.

Galan007
Originally posted by Facee
^ So what new powers was he granted? Just curious. I take the scene more as Galactus removing Surfer's mental-blocks so that he no longer hesitated in using his powers to their best. That would have most certainly amped him in a sense, as he no longer held back. I have also seen people argue that Surfer's powers were simply amped across the board, but again, I tend to side with the former interpretation. /shrug

At any rate, my point is not that Surfer was hyper-amped to Skyfather levels or whathaveyou, lol. I am just saying that current Surfer is substantially beyond where he was when he fought Runner back in 1987. That is a perfectly reasonable(and moreover logical) assertion, based on the information we have accumulated in that 30 years.

IOW, using ABC logic to gift Runner with feats greater than those of current Surfer --in lieu of any legitimate feats/evidence in that regard-- is a horribly fallacious line of 'reasoning'. Imho. smile

riv6672
As oppsed to:

Originally posted by Facee
^ I take the scene
Spinning things the way you want to get the result you want and and accusing others of simlar things.

Love reading shit like this. smile

Galan007
laughing out loud

I take the scene that way, because that's exactly how it was presented in the comic itself. You'd know that if you had actually READ the material I am discussing, instead of idiotically trolling on subjects you're clueless about. thumb up

Annihilation - Silver Surfer #3 (2006) if you'd actually like to read it for yourself, instead of putting that foot deeper in your mouth... Or I can post the entire scene for you here, if you'd like..? smile

riv6672
Stop trolling. It makes you look even more ridiculous than you already do.

I take the scene that way, because that's exactly how it was presented in the comic itself. You'd know that if you had actually READ the material I am discussing, instead of idiotically trolling on subjects you're clueless about. thumb up

Annihilation: Silver Surfer #3 if you care to learn about something before you put that foot deeper in your mouth. smile

Ah the highlights of the pissed off poster; 'stop trolling', 'if you read (the) comics'.

You have every right to post what you want in my thread (you have been, for pages, having fun at the expense of others while doing so).
I have every right to comment on what you're posting. I find it funny for the most part, so thats what i'm saying.
Now, i know you have a penchant for running to the mods when confronted, so if i get warned/deleted etc. i wont be TOO surprised.
Grow a thicker skin, guy, or dont talk shit.

Khazra Reborn
Prime wins, even if it's solely based on the merit of having way more showings.

riv6672
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Prime wins, even if it's solely based on the merit of having way more showings.
Fair enough. thumb up
It was actually hard to find decent scans of the guy!

Galan007
Ah the highlights of the pissed off poster; 'stop trolling', 'if you read (the) comics'.

You have every right to post what you want in my thread (you have been, for pages, having fun at the expense of others while doing so).
I have every right to comment on what you're posting. I find it funny for the most part, so thats what i'm saying.
Now, i know you have a penchant for running to the mods when confronted, so if i get warned/deleted etc. i wont be TOO surprised.
Grow a thicker skin, guy, or dont talk shit. You have every right to post in threads... However, when you clearly know nothing about the material I am discussing, but still throw childish insults my way as though I am embellishing on the scene in question(when I clearly am not), it just makes you look like a desperate troll. Plain and simple. thumb up

Again: if you actually care to know the FACTS, I would be more than happy to post the entire scene for you here... OR you can continue with this infantile, trollish banter. Doesn't matter to me either way. smile

riv6672
^^^Concession accepted; way to deal with things on your own.

Adam Grimes
Going back on topic:Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Prime melts him with HV.

Insane Titan
You have every right to post in threads... However, when you clearly know nothing about the material I am discussing, but still throw childish insults my way as though I am embellishing on the scene in question(when I clearly am not), it just makes you look like a desperate troll. Plain and simple. thumb up

Again: if you actually care to know the FACTS, I would be more than happy to post the entire scene for you here... OR you can continue with this infantile, trollish banter. Doesn't matter to me either way. smile Riv is one of the worst, constantly trolls topics then plays the victim card every time he's exposed.

Deadline
...And I provided evidence... From comic books, lol.

It is a fact that Surfer has been upgraded since he fought Runner almost 30 years ago, yes:
http://i.imgur.com/zrSOpuC.jpg

You've only started providing evidence.

Sorry not really proof, let me explain. Cyclops also got upgraded, funny he had the same mental blocks thingy. Anyway you couldn't really tell the difference between his power levels before and after unless somebody stated it. You're also making the assumption just because Galactus said he was more powerful that he's now subskyfather level which is the level on which you could put the Elders and particularly The Runner. So now you need to provide evidence he's subskyfather level.

Not sure why you're getting so upset, throwing these faux-insults at me, and ignoring the VAST difference in his portrayals in the time since their battle..?

Lol, wow. Is it 'trolling' to bring up on panel evidence, and present it in an intelligible way? If so, I suppose I am guilty as charged. thumb up

Then don't make silly statements.

You haven't done that yet, you also said it was common knowledge...it ain't.

As I mentioned earlier: your opinion that Runner > Surfer hinges on a battle they had 30 years ago. It does not take into account Surfer's increases in power/speed since then. ie. Runner being superior to Surfer in 1987, certainly doesn't mean he still holds that advantage in 2017. It is overtly fallacious to assume otherwise.

...It's like me trying to say that Superman from Action Comics #1 = Superman from Action Comics #900. srsly

What a load of rubbish. So because Galactus made some statement about making Surfer more powerful this means now Surfer > Elders of The Universe? So you think after that he could handle Grandmaster? Well you know what Runner was holding back against Surfer in 1987 and was manhandling him, Runner humiliated Thanos, Runner is subskyfather level. So you got scans of Surfer being so powerful he can easily beat Thanos? I don't think so, you now need to provide further evidence of how powerful Galactus made him.

Nah it's more like trying to say Cyclops became high herald level because Emma Frost stated she removed his mental blocks. erm

Galan007
You've only started providing evidence.

Sorry not really proof, let me explain. Cyclops also got upgraded, funny he had the same mental blocks thingy. Anyway you couldn't really tell the difference between his power levels before and after unless somebody stated it. You're also making the assumption just because Galactus said he was more powerful that he's now subskyfather level which is the level on which you could put the Elders and particularly The Runner. So now you need to provide evidence he's subskyfather level.

What a load of rubbish. So because Galactus made some statement about making Surfer more powerful this means now Surfer > Elders of The Universe? So you think after that he could handle Grandmaster? Well you know what Runner was holding back against Surfer in 1987 and was manhandling him, Runner humiliated Thanos, Runner is subskyfather level. So you got scans of Surfer being so powerful he can easily beat Thanos? I don't think so, you now need to provide further evidence of how powerful Galactus made him.

Nah it's more like trying to say Cyclops became high herald level because Emma Frost stated she removed his mental blocks. erm Wow. You, like riv, have obviously NOT read the material in question, and are throwing around these trollish faux-insults for literally no reason.

Aside from the fact that Galactus isn't going to just lie about boosting Surfer, we literally SAW the VAST difference in Surfer's demeanor(and thereby power) shortly after that scene, in the very same mini(ie. ON PANEL)... Which solidifies Galactus' statement as irrefutable FACT. So if you're going to act like your opinion = truth, at least have read the material in question. thumb up

Anyway, I never said that current Surfer is > Runner. I said that using ABC logic to gift Runner with feats greater than those of current Surfer, based solely on their fight 30 years ago, is a very fallacious line of 'reasoning', as 2017 Surfer > 1987 Surfer... Simple. smile

Stop trying to move goalposts. wink

TheLordofMurder
I'd like to point out that Runner has never been overpowered by anyone less than a Full Power Galactus...

Blue Area Vet
SP couldn't toy with Surfer and Thanos like Runner did fellas, get a clue. Runner coming even close to going all out would thoroughly **** up Superman Primate.

TheLordofMurder
SP couldn't toy with Surfer and Thanos like Runner did fellas, get a clue. Runner coming even close to going all out would thoroughly **** up Superman Primate.

thumb up

People seem to forget that Thanos (with 3 Infinity Gems in his possession) had to outsmart Runner to get the win...

And the killing thing is Runner didnt even use the Space Gem while fighting Thanos as he never teleported...

Deadline
Wow. You, like riv, have obviously NOT read the material in question, and are throwing around these trollish faux-insults for literally no reason.

Actually I just might have. I know that I read the main Annihilation series and loved it and I know there were some tie-ins which I would have probably tried to read because I loved the main story so much, really can't quite remember.

Mentioning Annihilation maybe jogging my memory, was there some reference to the upgrade in the main series? I know that Thanos locked him in a room with somn device that only Thanos was supposed to activate using his own power but Surfer still manged to get out. Whether that was before or after his upgrade I can't remember.

Aside from the fact that Galactus isn't going to just lie about boosting Surfer, we literally SAW the VAST difference in Surfer's demeanor(and thereby power) shortly after that scene, in the very same mini(ie. ON PANEL)... Which solidifies Galactus' statement as irrefutable FACT. So if you're going to act like your opinion = truth, at least have read the material in question. thumb up

Anyway, I never said that current Surfer is > Runner. I said that using ABC logic to gift Runner with feats greater than those of current Surfer, based solely on their fight 30 years ago, is a very fallacious line of 'reasoning', as 2017 Surfer > 1987 Surfer... Simple. smile

Stop trying to move goalposts. wink

Ok very funny Galan, I think you're just having fun here. Maybe you're not but it looks like it to me.

Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
thumb up

People seem to forget that Thanos (with 3 Infinity Gems in his possession) had to outsmart Runner to get the win...

And the killing thing is Runner didnt even use the Space Gem while fighting Thanos as he never teleported...

To be fair Thanos isn't as fast as SBP and wasn't using the Time gem to make him faster. Even then that might have been PIS I don't actually think the Elders can age, I didn't think they were like Asagardians who are extermely long lived, they're like Olympians who actually can never get old.

Galan007
Ok very funny Galan, I think you're just having fun here. Maybe you're not but it looks like it to me. I am having fun, but what I said is also 100% correct. thumb up

Deadline
I am having fun, but what I said is also 100% correct. thumb up

and you're still having fun. wink

Galan007
http://gif-finder.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Jim-Carrey-Thumbs-Up.gif

SquallX

laughing

LordofBrooklyn

THE HOUSE OF EL OWNS YOUR WRETCHED SOUL!!!

riv6672
HAHA

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.