Darth Baras runs a PT gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ursumeles
Rules
* Full Heal after each round
* In character, but serious
* Fight takes place in the Whaley House
* In character, but serious
* Legends only

Rounds
Run one: Unamped Baras
Run two: Sel Makor! Baras

The Gauntlet
Warm-Up: Rivi-Anu
1. Luminara Unduli
2. Ki-Adi Mundi
3. Qui-Gon Jinn
4. Quinlan Vos
5. Sora Bulq
6. Kit Fisto
7. Asajj Ventress
8. Darth Maul
9. Obi-Wan Kenobi
10. Mace Windu
Boss: Anakin Skywalker

TenebrousWay
4-7

Emperordmb
7-9

Ursumeles
Reasons?

TenebrousWay
To be more specific, I'd say 6, 7 or 8. He does have a Force edge against 6 and 7 and his performance against the Act III Wrath shows he can hold his own in a lightsaber engagement against the likes of Fisto and Ventress but I don't see him sharing their skillset.

Only Maul clearly shows a definite Force edge, and obviously, skill edge over him.

DarthDuelist9
2 and definitely 3

Ursumeles
Originally posted by Ursumeles
Reasons?

MythLord
Warm up. :3

chingchangwalla
6 or 7 most likely. Definitely 8

Tondemonai
R1: Stops at 8, would win the others via Force superiority.

R2: Stops at 9

Ursumeles
Bump

Rockydonovang
stops at 1 obviously smile

And no, no one in the pt era gets to scale off rivi anu aside from people who are directly given scaling from her. That's she's only a knight means jacksh!t.

Assuming you take that scaling seriously

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
8-9.

TenebrousWay

DarthDuelist9

Ursumeles
Reasons?
Qui-Gon should be higher btw.

DarthDuelist9
Yeah Qui-Gon should be a bit higher but in general he has received better accolades, has fought better fighters and is basically a extraordinary talented Jedi during a time where Mace Windu, Yoda, Dooku,... lived who are all amongst the most elite fighters in the galactic history.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by DarthDuelist9
Yeah Qui-Gon should be a bit higher but in general he has received better accolades
What accolade of him is better than Baras being believed to be the Emperors Voice?
Wrath > TPM Maul isn't set in stone lol.

Nothing special lol. All high tiers are extraordinary talented.
LMAO, living in the same time as them doesn't makes Qui-Gon good.

Edit: I want reasons, not some unknown accolades, and Jinn living in a time of powerful dudes.

nfactor1995
I mean, holistically, the hype given to Baras throughout the Wrath's storyline makes it difficult for me to see anyone here aside from Mace and Anakin beating him. Taking the whole package though (feats and statements/accolades/scaling), I guess he'd probably stop around 8 or 9.

TenebrousWay
Reasons?

If we consider Wrath shares some kind of parity with the HoT, taking the Dromund Kaas feat in consideration, analyzing also that Vitiate's spirit (which is weaker than post combat Vitiate that utterly failed to TK the HoT) brought down large parts of his sanctum and how the nexus itself affected Kyle Katarn later, I'd even consider Baras to be more powerful than Maul although less skilled by a significant margin.

DarthDuelist9
What accolade of him is better than Baras being believed to be the Emperors Voice?
Wrath > TPM Maul isn't set in stone lol.

Nothing special lol. All high tiers are extraordinary talented.
LMAO, living in the same time as them doesn't makes Qui-Gon good.

Edit: I want reasons, not some unknown accolades, and Jinn living in a time of powerful dudes.

Being one of the best pure swordsmen the Jedi Order have ever produced in it's 25000 years.

Well good because Maul's better than the Wrath in my opinion.

You have to read my last two statements combined, Qui-Gon was considered an extraordinary talented Jedi during a time when the most skilled Jedi Swordsmen ever lived. That's what makes the statement impressive in the first place.

Then again, I'm not an expert on Qui-Gon nor on the TOR era so the basis of my arguments aren't entirely correct.

Ursumeles
Being one of the best pure swordsmen the Jedi Order have ever produced in it's 25000 years.
Nothing overly impressive.
Baras being compared with a voice shit's on it, anyway.

Cool? Maul is solidly above Jinn as well, and that he fought Maul doesn't means that he's > Baras lol. Baras homself is arguably more powerful than TPM Maul, anyway.
I did it, and it still doesn't makes it anymore impressive. It isn't putting him close to any of these Top Tiers, lol.

K. If I'd have the time, I'd challenge you to a 1 v 1 tbh.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
the basis of my arguments aren't entirely correct.

thumb up

Ursumeles
Tbf tho, most people wouldn't admit this.

DarthDuelist9
Besides that it should've been isn't instead of aren't, I would actually be interested in that debate but I've got to read into Qui-Gon a bit more and explore the TOR era. Don't know if I have time for that.

Haschwalth
Stops at 8

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.