Gi Joe Vs Shield

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TethAdamTheRock
Captain America is the highest shield gets. No cosmic cube, destroyer, alien tech etc

riv6672
Good one.
Joe has more name characters, SHIELD has better overall tech...

deathslash
G.I. Joe wins. Shield might have better overall tech, but most of the Joe's named characters (who are rather numerous) are mid-high streets and their best characters (stormshadow, Jinx, Snake eyes) are low metas.

riv6672
Compelling theory.

Delta1938
Originally posted by deathslash
G.I. Joe wins. Shield might have better overall tech, but most of the Joe's named characters (who are rather numerous) are mid-high streets and their best characters (stormshadow, Jinx, Snake eyes) are low metas.

Genuinely curious about this. Would you post scans? And are you going by a single publisher, using them all, just comics, cartoons to, ect?

deathslash
Originally posted by Delta1938
Genuinely curious about this. Would you post scans? And are you going by a single publisher, using them all, just comics, cartoons to, ect? if I get the chance, I will post scans (it'll be a little tough because some of their better feats happened a while ago). What really matters is that cap is the highest level characyer that shield has (so any metas that are higher than him (quake) are out). Meanwhile, G.I. Joe has a vast amount of average mooks (nameless soldiers) and a far larger (relative to shield) amount of named characters. They have people that operate in low light situations, experts in infiltration who don't hesitate to kill their own if it furthers the cause, and unlike shield, they haven't gotten every base that belongs to them blown up at one time or another. Admittedly, this whole battle depends on where they're fighting and if they're allowed to retreat or prep. Also, I'm using the IDW version of them (who are currently dealing with shape shifting aliens) and who've stopped/ended multiple insurgencies and wars.

I will admit, the cartoon version of them gets curbstomped.

riv6672
This could be fun if someone takes up for SHIELD.

ShadowFyre
I don't think I have read an actual JOE comic but conventional warfare is pretty much what they do 24/7 and Shield is pretty much fodder for the bad guy till the heroes show up. I am sure this isnt totally correct so take it with a grain of salt please.

deathslash
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
I don't think I have read an actual JOE comic but conventional warfare is pretty much what they do 24/7 and Shield is pretty much fodder for the bad guy till the heroes show up. I am sure this isnt totally correct so take it with a grain of salt please. you're not actually incorrect. How often have we seen a single character go around beating on all of shield? Meanwhile, the Joes deal with legit terrorists, gangs, drug lords and warlords. Off the top of my head, I recall Chuckles (who is not on the level of Scarlet, Duke, Roadblock, etc) casually disarming and killing a small group of military members, killing another group of assasins, surviving multiple warzones, and even surviving a suicide bomber blowing up right nest to him.

ShadowFyre
Thats what I was getting at but the hard part for me is SHIELDs opponents are usually giant Godzilla like Monsters or superfreaks that would also mop the floor with the JOEs so its kind of a coin toss for me.

darthgoober
Originally posted by riv6672
This could be fun if someone takes up for SHIELD.
I won't outright argue for Shield winning cause I don't know a lot about the comic version of GI Joe and Shield's membership is always up in the air, but I will say that Shield has had a lot more named characters than folks seem to be giving them credit for. Even if we cap their membership at Steve, it's still got potential access to guys like Nick Fury, Blackwidow, Hawkeye, Mocking Bird, Diamond Back, Sam Wilson, Mulitple Man, and any number of other accomplished members.

Facee
Yeah, unless Snake-Eyes can solo Shield I don't see the Joe's giving much of a fight. Shield personnel has seen / battled worse.

deathslash
Originally posted by Facee
Yeah, unless Snake-Eyes can solo Shield I don't see the Joe's giving much of a fight. Shield personnel has seen / battled worse. they've also gotten stomped on by street levelers though. Again, in a fight on a flat area, shield wins. But if this war can take place on multiple battlefields, the Joes can pull though.

riv6672
Originally posted by deathslash
they've also gotten stomped on by street levelers though. Again, in a fight on a flat area, shield wins. But if this war can take place on multiple battlefields, the Joes can pull though.
Okay that seems fair.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.