The Infamous Zannah V Dooku debate

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fated Xtasy
(by infamous i mean the one no one cared about or wanted lol. )

In all seriousness I've asked people what they thought about it but never got around to showing it to them. I'm very curious about what KMC thinks about both sides of the argument.

Lately I've been getting back into debating, creating shit and I've found that I enjoy it. I've spoken to a few members and they've given me criticism as well as praise.

So I'd like to share my last (formerly) serious debate with you all and get your honest opinions. smile

Edit; lol forgot to Link

http://dmbempire.forumotion.com/t303-count-dooku-fated-xtasy-vs-darth-zannah-emperordmb

Kurk
Cool little site there...is it used just for debates?

DMB argues Dooku has no means of countering Zannah's sorcery

he says this is due to a lack of will-power on Dooku's end.

DMB then moves on to swordsmanship; I pretty much loled and took everything after with a huge grain of salt with this unjustified statement:
" Bane possesses greater speed and strength than Dooku, but also greater unpredictability and the usage of deception and redirection in combat..."

he goes on to state how Dooku has no advantage over Zannah stylistically and how the latter actually possesses an advantage with her speed and perceptive abilities.

Now tbh, I've haven't read any of the Bane novels and my only knowledge on characters from that era come from respect threads and wookiepedia so I won't offer my opinion.

Xtasy:

He briefly mentions Dooku's Makashi, which I felt didn't do much by itself.

He did however go on to discuss Dooku's experience with Talzin and how the latter effectively required an entire ritual and nexus to possess him. Considering Talzin is able to contend with Sidious as an equal, this shows how even one of her power wasn't able to simply agonize Dooku. Zannah is not Sidious/Talzin tier is the argument basically.

Xtasy does a good-job of deflecting DMB's argument that Zannah is too unpredictable and aggressive for Dooku by citing his victories over Grievous, Sora Bulq, and being able to contend with Anakin and Yoda.

Kurk's opinion on Round 1:
DMB: okay opening argument; I thought he simplified the comparisons a little too much which Xtasy exposed, but not awful.

Xtasy: Good rebuttal, but you should have done more to attack Zannah rather than just defend Dooku imo. Also should've tried to show Dooku's willpower and tolerance to pain early on.

Round 2:

DMB fires back citing the lack of comparison between torturing someone from lightyears away and up-close and personal.

He points out Xtasy's lack of rebuttal concerning willpower and sorcery defense.

He says this without evidence:
"I thought he incapacitated Bulq with the Force, and Bulq's defensive capabilities are hardly on par with Zannah's regardless."

DMB trying to be smartass with this:
"When did I mention Yoda?"

DMB reiterates that Zannah can deal with Dooku's speed, strength, footwork, etc.

DMB denies Xtasy's statement of:
"Dooku's fast, agile, strong when he wants to be, and a duelist who is both graceful and brutal."

and says that's not how he fights. I would point out various scenes in TCW where Dooku physically over-powers Anakin; sure Dooku is not a specialty power-fighter like Anakin, but his ability to over-power him with his strength when it calls for it does show versatility.

Xtasy round 2:

Xtasy says that a comparison between Zannah's spell's effectiveness on Harth, a jedi padawan turned to the darkside, would not be effective on Dooku, a jedi master and sith lord with his years of wisdom and experience.

Xtasy finally says something about Dooku's will power; citing the dathomir incident when he rejoined his master in battle after being attacked by both Sidious's lightning and Talzin's drain or whatever.

cites Dooku's knowledge of sith holocrons

here is where I realized I was wasting too much time on this

After this it was just back and forth back and forth.

And this is when I realized how stupid it is to debate characters from completely different eras from completely different perspectives with completely different authors.

Both made good arguments but I don't think anyone won. Xtasy just sort of figured DMB would continue to be a fundamentalist smartass, and gave up.

Fated Xtasy
It used to be a place to hangout. But I just left due to some issues.

In any case. Thanks for your critique. I appreciate it.

Beniboybling
No debate, Dooku slaiughterhouse. sad

chingchangwalla
Originally posted by Beniboybling
No debate, Dooku slaiughterhouse. sad

MythLord
Eh, Zannah can win through Sorcery honestly.

Beniboybling
Wow, never figured you for a returd.

jk, I did. smile

Ursumeles
thumb up

DarthDuelist9

jk, I did. smile

Typical Beni...

Ursumeles
Yes, he's awesome. smile

MythLord

jk, I did. smile

How can Tyranus fend off her sorcery, tbh?

I mean, I'm one of his foremost debaters and I don't see him pulling of Bane level sh!t, willpower wise.

cs_zoltan
https://media.giphy.com/media/l4Ki2obCyAQS5WhFe/giphy.gif

MythLord
I'd love to see willpower feats from Dooku that rival Bane's, tbh.

cs_zoltan
I'd love to see your dick ripped off by a malnourished chimpanzee.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by MythLord
How can Tyranus fend off her sorcery, tbh?

I mean, I'm one of his foremost debaters and I don't see him pulling of Bane level sh!t, willpower wise. Dude my dog has more willpower than Bane, and I don't even have one. sad

MythLord
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
I'd love to see your dick

Wouldn't you, now? wink

Dude my dog has more willpower than Bane, and I don't even have one. sad

Your non-existant dog is truly formidable.

Nephthys
I'd love to see willpower feats from Dooku that rival Bane's, tbh.

Kurk
Will power

Dooku said himself "the task is only impossible because you have deemed it so"

He has Yoda's teachings and influence as a jedi so I'd say he's with him.

When poisoned by the nightsisters (which is effectively sorcery) he had the will power to push through and not fall for illusions.

When possessed by talzin he was at least able to stay conscious and tell grievous what to do. Dmb says this is not comparable to what bane experienced with the "brain splitting" but that's exactly what talzin did with Dooku.

And then of course there is Dooku not uttering a sound after having his hands cut off, as he remained calm and collected even during last moments of his life. And yes I will point out how Anakin in aotc went unconscious after losing his arm and mace screaming like a ***** with his hand gone; same with esb luke. Hell, even savage screamed when Kenobi disarmed him.

Dooku rejoined his master in sod to fight talzin after being both drained and electrocuted by sidious.

Dooku has will-power and good pain-tolerance comparable to bane.

Kurk
Sorry for semish1t post; on phone

DarthAnt66
Dooku wins, no question.

Fated Xtasy
Guys. I'm mostly curious about what y'all think regarding the arguments, no who won or should win.

Kurk had the right idea in his first post by judging the arguments and debating style. So if you could all focus on that, I'd really appreciate it.

MythLord
You know I luv u Fated, but DMB won.

You didn't properly address the Spell argument that he was pressing, IMHO.

MythLord
Originally posted by Kurk
Will power

Dooku said himself "the task is only impossible because you have deemed it so"

More referring to one's mental state and self-doubt, as oppose to willpower.

He has Yoda's teachings and influence as a jedi so I'd say he's with him

Irrelevant.

When poisoned by the nightsisters (which is effectively sorcery) he had the will power to push through and not fall for illusions.

That was poison, not sorcery.

When possessed by talzin he was at least able to stay conscious and tell grievous what to do. Dmb says this is not comparable to what bane experienced with the "brain splitting" but that's exactly what talzin did with Dooku.

True, but Talzin attacked him from across the galaxy, so I assume that up-close and personal Zannah should perform something of similar effect. Also, Dooku could barely fight in that state.

And then of course there is Dooku not uttering a sound after having his hands cut off, as he remained calm and collected even during last moments of his life. And yes I will point out how Anakin in aotc went unconscious after losing his arm and mace screaming like a ***** with his hand gone; same with esb luke. Hell, even savage screamed when Kenobi disarmed him.

That says so little given how even Sidious screams when he has his hands cut off. Generally, the shock or pain of something as severe as that doesn't cause one to scream, but to get stunned.

Dooku rejoined his master in sod to fight talzin after being both drained and electrocuted by sidious.

Certainly an incredible feat of endurance, but it's not like Sidious was going for the kill.

Dooku has will-power and good pain-tolerance comparable to bane.

And Bane was on his knees when Zannah used her spells.

Fated Xtasy
You know I luv u Fated, but DMB won.

You didn't properly address the Spell argument that he was pressing, IMHO.

Did you not just read my post you daft ****?

Lol idgaf who anyone thinks won. Just mainly curious on the arguments. Which partially stuck too so yen.

Kurk
So if will-power is not influenced by your mental-state or your pain-endurance, what is it then?

Nephthys
How is Dooku getting pwned by Talzin's sorcery and being completely unable to resist it demonstrative of the ability to resist Zannah, lol?

Also plenty of people haven't screamed when cut by a lightsaber.

DarthAnt66
The sorcery is completely different. Zannah will have to penetrate Dooku's mental Force barrier, which is a full representetion of one's full potential, to bring out his inner "demons." He's going to be laughing off surface-based attacks otherwise.

Nephthys
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Zannah will have to penetrate Dooku's mental Force barrier, which is a full representation of one's full potential, to bring out his inner "demons."

"What he learned was that the only real counter was the victim's strength of will."

https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/static/2015-01/29/11/enhanced/webdr09/anigif_enhanced-24966-1422550414-23.gif

MythLord
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Did you not just read my post you daft ****?

Lol idgaf who anyone thinks won. Just mainly curious on the arguments. Which partially stuck too so yen.

I detailed why I thought DMB won, which has something to do with arguments.

Your arguments were not very convincing. Now stfu, you cretin. :3

Fated Xtasy
I detailed why I thought DMB won, which has something to do with arguments.

Your arguments were not very convincing. Now stfu, you cretin. :3

Just remember you got destroyed by me in Ahsoka V Ferus on CV :3

now stfu and keep talking on GH

MythLord
Two years ago. I'll gladly debate you on the exact same topic right now, this instant. Make the thread!

Kurk
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
The sorcery is completely different. Zannah will have to penetrate Dooku's mental Force barrier, which is a full representetion of one's full potential, to bring out his inner "demons." He's going to be laughing off surface-based attacks otherwise. but was Talzin's attack a mental attack? After all, Dooku was able to remain rational throughout it. Seemed more like a voodoo act focusing just on physical pain.

Fated Xtasy
Two years ago. I'll gladly debate you on the exact same topic right now, this instant. Make the thread!

Nah. I'm sick as a dog rn. Maybe later.

Get back on thooo

cs_zoltan

You bailed in the Shaak vs Desann thread, why would this be any different? smile

MythLord
Actually, y'know what, someone bump that Shaak v Desann thread. Imma respond to that!

cs_zoltan
Bump it yourself lazy c-unt.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.