Exar Kun vs Luke Skywalker

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ursumeles
Versions
* Exar Kun in his physical prime
* Luke Skywalker as of the Black Fleet Crisis

Rules
* Morals on, but willing to kill
* Fight takes Place on Majorca. All people there are dead
* Starting Distance: 8m

Rounds:
1. 'sabers only
2. Force only
3. All-Out

MythLord
Luke sweeps.

NewGuy01
Probably Exar Kun.

Ursumeles
Reasons?

NewGuy01
Because Luke lost to Kyp and spirit Kun not too long after the BFC, and I imagine living Kun would fare at least as well.

carthage
Luke stomps

Ursumeles
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Because Luke lost to Kyp and spirit Kun not too long after the BFC,
wink

Anyway, Luke seened to improve drastically until the BFC, with the feat of destroying Vader's fortess etc.

NewGuy01
Was there a point to that statement?

Ursumeles
You said "after the BFC".

NewGuy01
...right, Exar defeated Luke after the Black Fleet Crisis. So why does it matter that Luke improved on the years preceding the BFC?

Edit: Oh, it wasn't, was it? I seem to have goofed the timeline.

Ursumeles
Ummm...http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ZdGIcz0ujRo/VOdi0uG_Z-I/AAAAAAAABf8/Mr-N13GKENY/s1600/starwars_EU_timeline.jpg
JA: 11ABY
BFC: 15/16ABY

MythLord
Black Fleet Crisis was from 16-17 ABY, yeah.

Also, I feel like the primary reason Exar actually defeated Luke was due to Luke already being sent reeling on the floor by Kyp Durron and of course attacking him with a spell he had no defense against.

Granted, he could use that spell again, though I'm not sure if it'll be for a majority. Luke's more practical Force abilities -- particularly TK and Barrier feats -- are superior to Kun's..

Deronn_solo
I'm not convinced Luke has an answer for Kun's sorcery.

He loses Force and potentially all-out too. He takes sabers emphatically, however.

DarthAnt66
Always intrigues me that people know where to put Luke before NJO.

Azronger
Luke dominates. Kun's only saving grace is Sorcery.

darthbane77
Spirit Kun should be pretty much on par or superior to this Luke, and living Kun is >>spirit Kun at least. Kun should win.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by darthbane77
Spirit Kun should be pretty much on par or superior to this Luke,
Based on what?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.