Anyone here watch the TV cartoon Star vs. the Forces of Evil?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jake2TheJakenin
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71cjEZrNc-L._SY550_.jpg

vansonbee
I started watching this show just recently, direly needed a replacement for Adventure Time and Steven Universe. Regarding Star, I'm done with season 1 and now I'm waiting for season 2.

There not much to say, its pretty simple wacky and has tiny hint of romance.

Nephthys
Season 2 is out though.

But yeah theres not too much to talk about. Theres not even nearly the same amount of depth as AT or SU and it simply isn't remotely as good. Which is fine, it just means that its merely a "good cartoon" instead of "Top 5 of all time".

Robtard
Adventure Time is or at least was great, last couple of seasons the quality has slipped.

Vansonbee really, and I mean really needs to find female companionship stat

Surtur
The one kid in the pic looks like Ben f*cking 10. Is that even still on? Dude looks like a young Ben to me.

I enjoyed Ben 10 as a show because I figured the people behind it are on as many drugs as I am.

Nephthys
Adventure Time kind of went too far up its own ass in some places.

Like the episodes that were basically just the writer wanking off over existentialism or other oblique philosophical ramblings were pushing it too far imo.

Also that shitty episode Clown Face, an unfunny pretentious episode about how stupid people are for not liking unfunny pretentious shit.

Ben 10 is still a thing, regrettably.

Emperordmb
I love philosophical ramblings.

I've only seen a few adventure time episodes with some friends, but they were enjoyable enough. Tom Kenny is amazing with voice acting tbh thumb up

Steven Universe on the other hand I simply could not get into. I'm just not fond of the animation style, the humor is rather cringey, and I find Steven honestly more annoying than Jar Jar.

riv6672
I'm literally watching the latest ep. right now.

Great show.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Emperordmb
I love philosophical ramblings.

I've only seen a few adventure time episodes with some friends, but they were enjoyable enough. Tom Kenny is amazing with voice acting tbh thumb up

Steven Universe on the other hand I simply could not get into. I'm just not fond of the animation style, the humor is rather cringey, and I find Steven honestly more annoying than Jar Jar.

So do I, but Adventure Time is intentionally a vague and surreal show and when you mix that with poorly explained philosophy it gets confusing and irritating. This is supposed to be a children's cartoon.

Like I said, AT is still in the top 5 cartoons ever imo. SU is unquestionably no 1 though in my mind.

I haven't ever understood the criticism that Steven is annoying myself but for what its worth he is said to get a lot better very quickly by people I've heard that from. The animation changes drastically over the course of the show as well as their budget grows and they refine the designs.

vansonbee
Originally posted by Surtur
The one kid in the pic looks like Ben f*cking 10. Is that even still on? Dude looks like a young Ben to me.

I enjoyed Ben 10 as a show because I figured the people behind it are on as many drugs as I am. Not sure what happen to ben10, I drop the series a while back. I heard it now has a reboot of when he was a kid again.

riv6672
The latest Star ep. was pretty good.
It had a call back to the first episode, and had Marco spend 16 years in another dimension. When he got back he de-aged, but mentally he's shown to have still been gone.
He sat in front of his laptop and realized he didnt recall his password. Subtle but impactful.
The series overall has some good subplots going, which i like.

vansonbee
The first two episodes are good quality stuff. What devotion Marco has, chasing a demon girl for 16 yrs. Is the guy going to build his own harem?

Flyattractor
Star is def more fun then Steven. But all fail to compare to the greatness that is and was Gravity Falls.

riv6672
Originally posted by vansonbee
The first two episodes are good quality stuff. What devotion Marco has, chasing a demon girl for 16 yrs. Is the guy going to build his own harem?
^^^haha only in fan fic!
It seemed pretty obvious at the end that there was mutual attraction going on. I wonder of he goes back does he age back up?

Badabing
Originally posted by Robtard
Adventure Time is or at least was great, last couple of seasons the quality has slipped.

Vansonbee really, and I mean really needs to find female companionship stat Whatever this thing with Vansonbee is, please just stop.

Emperordmb
#notmymoderator

Beniboybling
say it louder for the people at the back.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Nephthys
So do I, but Adventure Time is intentionally a vague and surreal show and when you mix that with poorly explained philosophy it gets confusing and irritating. This is supposed to be a children's cartoon.

haha, no. The amount of obvious adult humor in it makes it far and away not just for "children."

https://moviepilot.com/posts/4056281

Badabing
Originally posted by Emperordmb
#notmymoderator Originally posted by Beniboybling
say it louder for the people at the back. http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/kmcprofile/velociraptor_zps4982e396.gif

Flyattractor
Whats is a "Vansonbee"

I would google it but I am still trying to recover from the old "Blue Waffles" gag....

Nuke Nixon
Originally posted by Nephthys
This is supposed to be a children's cartoon.

Yeah might as well watch littlest pet shop or my little pony.

Watch a good cartoon ya nerds!

https://media.archonia.com/images/samples/36/17/153617_s0.jpg

riv6672
Avengers Assemble is meh.
Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes was the best.

http://www.medinnus.com/AEMH/images/roster_season_01.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.