Where to rank Xesh?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ursumeles
What the title says.

MythLord
Pretty goddamn high.

Ursumeles
How high, tho?

DarthDuelist9
Originally posted by MythLord
Pretty goddamn high.

Naah, the hole channeling storm things is way to overblown

MythLord
Not even what I'm referring to.

I'd rank his raw power really up there, like Maul level, though as a duelist he's not quite on the tier of beings like Obi or Maul, but probably close to the B-team.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by DarthDuelist9
Naah, the hole channeling storm things is way to overblown
That isn't his only impressive feat.
Beating Skal'nas, holding his own against the three main Je'daii, IIRC pre-prime and injured, shifting the Balance of Tython etc.

DarthDuelist9
So? What has Skal'nas or those Je'daii done to be impressive? I mean it's not that because they were important in their time that they would be impressive during other time periods as well.

SunRazer
The fact that DotJ is so removed from other eras makes it really hard to compare Xesh to characters from those other eras, especially in dueling. He's obviously extremely powerful, though.

DarthDuelist9
Originally posted by SunRazer
The fact that DotJ is so removed from other eras makes it really hard to compare Xesh to characters from those other eras, especially in dueling. He's obviously extremely powerful, though.

Why is he so 'extremely powerful'?

Ursumeles
The Force Storm, shifting the balance of Tython IIRC, dominating Trill IIRC besting Skal'nas...
Also, it's kinda obvious that the best of a era is one of the best of all time, tbfh.
Or do you want to say Anoon > Xesh?

DarthDuelist9
Originally posted by Ursumeles
The Force Storm, shifting the balance of Tython IIRC, dominating Trill IIRC besting Skal'nas...
Also, it's kinda obvious that the best of a era is one of the best of all time, tbfh.
Or do you want to say Anoon > Xesh?

The Force Storm was a cumulation of being amped by the death of the other passengers and forming a superconductive loop with the Storm itself. Same goes for shifting the balance of Tython which occurred when he absorbed the dark side energy of the death of the passengers.

No it isn't, there are hundreds to thousands best of their time but only a relatively small group that are among the best ever and being the best of your time makes you only better than anyone beneath you which obviously differs greatly through different time periods.

Unbowed
Originally posted by DarthDuelist9 forming a superconductive loop with the Storm itself.]
This should be good...

Ursumeles
Originally posted by DarthDuelist9
The Force Storm was a cumulation of being amped by the death of the other passengers and forming a superconductive loop with the Storm itself. Same goes for shifting the balance of Tython which occurred when he absorbed the dark side energy of the death of the passengers.

No it isn't, there are hundreds to thousands best of their time but only a relatively small group that are among the best ever and being the best of your time makes you only better than anyone beneath you which obviously differs greatly through different time periods.
And? It still sh!ts on anything the likes of Plo Koon have done.
Then Xesh has done things like killing a bunch of Flesh Raiders, and he looked with a Force Shadow light years away (I don't understand it myself).
He also resisted the Mind Twist of Dagegen Lok, and used it on Lok himself. Lok performed a mind trick on Hawk Ryo, so that Ryo thought he would fight Lok, while Lok wasn't even there, and letting a early Xesh think that there is no air, implants a sigil in the mind of Shae Koda etc.
Skal'nas reduced another Rakata into charred husk, and is also the top of the Rakata - who, similar to the Sith, base their rank on power etc.

DarthDuelist9
Originally posted by Ursumeles
And? It still sh!ts on anything the likes of Plo Koon have done.
Then Xesh has done things like killing a bunch of Flesh Raiders, and he looked with a Force Shadow light years away (I don't understand it myself).
He also resisted the Mind Twist of Dagegen Lok, and used it on Lok himself. Lok performed a mind trick on Hawk Ryo, so that Ryo thought he would fight Lok, while Lok wasn't even there, and letting a early Xesh think that there is no air, implants a sigil in the mind of Shae Koda etc.
Skal'nas reduced another Rakata into charred husk, and is also the top of the Rakata - who, similar to the Sith, base their rank on power etc.

How are you even going to properly compare that feat with all the various circumstances? In case of the rest, it looks all fine and impressive but what have those characters all done that would actually make them impressive?

Ursumeles

Unbowed
It's been years since I read DOTJ, but wasn't Skal'Nas also able to remotely sever a bunch of Je'Dai seers from the Force when they were having a vision?

It seems like that ability would have been very useful to all Sith yet none of them ever displayed it.

Ursumeles
IIRC, he did it with help of Xesh's Force Shadow over the distance of lightyears but barely failed, and "just" heavily weakened them.

MythLord
I should probably update my DotJ thread. But yeah, Xesh shines as the best Force user in an era that has fodder Force sensitives pulling off sh!t that is considered hard for "even the strongest Jedi Masters".

A single Flesh Raider was capable of stomping the average Je'Daii and every Rakata was trained to abuse the Dark Side of the Force to the point of utter "embodiment of it's darkness and cruelty" yet Rath casually murked Rakata despite going through days of torture and Xesh reduced Flesh Raiders to skeletons.

carthage
Better than Darth Bane

Deronn_solo
above the likes of Kenobi for sure, he's maybe Maul level.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
above the likes of Kenobi for sure
Based on?

Deronn_solo
better feats?

Rockydonovang
darthduelist is just bitter cause he knows xesh wrecks kanan and ezra

Rockydonovang
better feats?
You mean like holding together, cloaking, and guiding a 40 m ship part of the way from coruscant to wild space "without breaking a sweat" less than a year out from aotc?
You mean like tekenetically matching post tcw anakin 5 months from his rots prime? Someone who as a padawan could manipulate jedi cruiser dwarfing dreadnaughts?
You mean like matching a hindered knightfall anakin before fully unhindering himself?
You mean like forcing folks like dooku to "summon power from throughout the universe" to break his barrier?
You mean like simultaneously breaking oppress+maul's barrier pre prime?
You mean like causually cracking ventress's ribs?

Deronn_solo
I'm well aware of Kenobi's showings and my opinions is unchanged, lmao.

This is funny though, lmao. Dunno why people continue to take Stover's hyperbole at face value - even then, technically speaking, anyone drawing on the Force is drawing on power from all over the Universe, since it is an omnipresent energy field.

No need to try to re-word Obi-Wan getting his shit pushed in by Dooku.

Rockydonovang
I'm well aware of Kenobi's showings and my opinions is unchanged, lmao.

This is funny though, lmao. Dunno why people continue to take Stover's hyperbole at face value - even then, technically speaking, anyone drawing on the Force is drawing on power from all over the Universe, since it is an omnipresent energy field.

No need to try to re-word Obi-Wan getting his shit pushed in by Dooku.
Not sure what hyperbolic language has to do with anything. Dooku needed to summon all his power for kenobi to "get this shit pushed in". Dooku being able to choke kenobi at least patially had to do with speed, something which shouldn't at all ampply to xesh unless youthink he can deflect/dodge omnidirectional blasterfire from the entire utapan army

Deronn_solo
I should have clarified: I believe Xesh is above Kenobi as a Force user, not as one-on-one combatant.

His skill is too hard to quantify.

Darth Abonis
He's Anakin level. He used pure Force energy in a blast similar to something from Dragonball Z

Rockydonovang
I should have clarified: I believe Xesh is above Kenobi as a Force user, not as one-on-one combatant.

His skill is too hard to quantify.
I was disagreeing force wise though I'm relooking at the respect thread, xesh shifting the balance of tython is impressive assuming he kept the power he absorbed though I'm not sure how much that has to dow ith his own power

Ursumeles
better feats? What are his better feats? smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.