How far will gambit get

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dareangel
Gmabit runs a gauntlet but with a twist. gambit gets to watch his opponents fight and take notes of their fighting ways. then his opponents get full rest before they fight gambit. only thing is now gambit is ready with notes he made about his opponent.

1.Batman
2.Captain America
3. Spiderman
4.Namor
5.Ironman
6.Savage Hulk
7.Thor
8.Superman
9.King Thor
10.Odin

riv6672
Originally posted by Dareangel
how far will Gambit get
...he wont.

Dareangel
not even batman??

DarkSaint85
All his notes for Batman would be: this guy is prepped for anything, and is willing to do what it takes to win.

deathslash
Yeah, even if he could somehow make it past the powerhouse that is batman, he's already been beaten down by cap before.

leonidas
king thor? lol

anyway yeah, he's not beating batman or anyone else on the list. if he goes all new sun that's a different story. regular gambit loses a very heavy majority to bats.

Dareangel
i believe even without his charging abilities, he is a very good match for batman. gambit has enhanced abilities such as speed and reflexes, as well as impressive level of fighting skills specially with his staff. stalemated both blade and daredevil. now add in his charging powers and i believe several cards is enough to take bats out. not to mention getting close to him and charging him up making his suit explode. remember, batman is not captain america he wont take that blast without at the very least being knocked out. now on top of that, add gambit taking notes about him. i think its safe to say batman is going down and might as well cap.

-Pr-
I don't see him beating Cap, tbh. And I think he'd be lucky to beat Batman.

KingD19
Imo the only reason Cap tanked his entire chainmail armor exploding on his body is because the Avengers got plot armor during AvX.

riv6672
^^^thsts all well and good but...it happened.

Eternal Idol
At his best and prepped, Gambit gets to Namor, then loses.

KingD19
Originally posted by riv6672
^^^thsts all well and good but...it happened.

True. I'm not saying it didn't. I'm saying there's evidence throughout that arc that the Avengers were written well above standard to put the X-Men down during AvX.

Magneto had to draw on the power of Jupiter to create his own suit of armor to fight Iron Man. Come on, that's not the writers giving the "good" guys some plot armor?

But that's over there. With Gambit able to study his opponent beforehand, he does pretty good. 52 Card pickup is a nasty move that Batman can't get past for example.

ShadowFyre
1-3 he has the potentual to win 1-2/10.
4-5 would have to sleep the entire match for him to win.
6-8 could sleep through his besylt attacks and Gambit would die of old age trying to hurt them.
9-10 is straight up loworthy

StyleTime
Originally posted by KingD19
True. I'm not saying it didn't. I'm saying there's evidence throughout that arc that the Avengers were written well above standard to put the X-Men down during AvX.

Magneto had to draw on the power of Jupiter to create his own suit of armor to fight Iron Man. Come on, that's not the writers giving the "good" guys some plot armor?

Or Psylocke being overwhelmed by Daredevil's senses when she's dealt with that before. The mutants just got treated like shit in general.

Least we got to see Domino take out Red Hulk though.

Supermutant
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
1-3 he has the potentual to win 1-2/10.
4-5 would have to sleep the entire match for him to win.
6-8 could sleep through his besylt attacks and Gambit would die of old age trying to hurt them.
9-10 is straight up loworthy

thumb up

-Pr-

But that's over there. With Gambit able to study his opponent beforehand, he does pretty good. 52 Card pickup is a nasty move that Batman can't get past for example.

That whole arc, from start to finish, is shaky as hell.

Even the concept is weak.

riv6672

I agree.

There are feats i cant get behind either, but just have to grit my teeth on.

Dareangel
Gambit is underrated

Sin I AM
Gmabit runs a gauntlet but with a twist. gambit gets to watch his opponents fight and take notes of their fighting ways. then his opponents get full rest before they fight gambit. only thing is now gambit is ready with notes he made about his opponent.

1.Batman
2.Captain America
3. Spiderman
4.Namor
5.Ironman
6.Savage Hulk
7.Thor
8.Superman
9.King Thor
10.Odin

He should make it to Parker maybe past him. He still has his death powers in addition to his kinetic stuff and he can handle both Rogere and Batman despite their auras. Namor is above him but iirc if Gambit can still charge organic matter he could squeak by to Stark but thats it

Dareangel
Originally posted by Sin I AM
He should make it to Parker maybe past him. He still has his death powers in addition to his kinetic stuff and he can handle both Rogere and Batman despite their auras. Namor is above him but iirc if Gambit can still charge organic matter he could squeak by to Stark but thats it

Yay Happy Dance

Sin I AM
Yay Happy Dance

Good thread. U should edit it to new son powers if he gets past stark. Gambit is underrated

Dareangel
cant edit the post but thats a good idea. and yes, gambit is very underrated. even H2H he kicks ass like owning sabretooth many times. stalemating blade. but people still see him as the guy with explosive cards

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.