Grandmaster Luke Skywalker runs the 30 seconds gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Azronger
Gauntlet runner:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/0/4115/798208-418px_swinvasion1_fc.jpg

-A new enemy spawns on the battlefield every thirty seconds

-Luke is at his peak and at his absolute maximum performance, and tries to kill everyone as quickly as possible using whatever means necessary

0:00: Darth Vader as of RotJ

0:30: Darth Caedus as of LotF

1:00: Revan as of SoR

1:30: Darth Krayt as of L:W

2:00: Anakin Skywalker as of his final fight with Dooku, in the "zone"

2:30: Valkorion as of KotFE Chapter 1

3:00: Darth Plagueis in his prime

3:30: Mother Talzin as of SoD, amped by Dathomir

4:00: Mace Windu as of his fight with Darth Sidious, amped by Vaapad

4:30: Yoda as of RotS

5:00: UnuThul in his prime

5:30: Darth Sidious as of DE

6:00: Sarasu Taalon after bathing in the Pool of Knowledge/Font of Power (can't remember which)

Ursumeles
I could see him living until Yoda joins, or maybe even UnuThul. I am not sure how long he would need to beat Valkorion/Plagueis tbh.

TenebrousWay
Valkorion and Yoda are potential stops.

Azronger
Originally posted by TenebrousWay
Valkorion and Yoda are potential stops.

What do you mean "stops"? This isn't a traditional gauntlet.

TenebrousWay
Originally posted by Azronger
What do you mean "stops"? This isn't a traditional gauntlet.

Potential stops as if Luke will likely fail to defeat them before the other participants arrive.

Azronger
Originally posted by TenebrousWay
Potential stops as if Luke will likely fail to defeat them before the other participants arrive.

Ah. But how long does he last?

hutchy1345
A maximum performance luke skywalker is really really scary

Zonakin will give him trouble I think he is a wildcard in this fight

But I think luke could reach all the way till sidious (by reach I mean survive) he won't be able to kill all of the opponents in 30 seconds tho and once DE sids is added to the frey it's game over

Geistalt
Dies somewhere from 1:15-1:45.

Azronger
Originally posted by Geistalt

Just how low do you have Luke?

Azronger
Originally posted by hutchy1345
A maximum performance luke skywalker is really really scary

Zonakin will give him trouble I think he is a wildcard in this fight

But I think luke could reach all the way till sidious (by reach I mean survive) he won't be able to kill all of the opponents in 30 seconds tho and once DE sids is added to the frey it's game over

At which point do you think he'll be unable to kill his opponents in under 30 seconds?

Ursumeles
Originally posted by Geistalt
Luke ragdolls his way through the first two minutes lol

darthbane77
Falls shortly after the 1 minute mark.

Azronger
^lol

Ursumeles
^lol thumb up

Rockydonovang
Given he's trying to kill everyone he could definitely clear and at a minimum makes it past de sidious( I say at a minumuma s i don't recall unthall or taalon's abilities)

darthbane77
^lol I doubt Luke can take on Vader, Caedus, AND Revan all at once lol. Even just Vader and Caedus would give Luke one of his hardest fights ever.

Selenial
Talzin and Windu would hold him off capably together, once Yoda arrives the fight is over.

Luke's inability to kill Talzin should mean his days are numbered come the 3:30 mark.

Geistalt
Originally posted by Selenial
Talzin and Windu would hold him off capably together, once Yoda arrives the fight is over.

Luke's inability to kill Talzin should mean his days are numbered come the 3:30 mark.

Dies for certain by 6:00.

Geistalt
As in, before he even makes it to Pool of Knowledge Taalon.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by darthbane77
I doubt Luke can take on Vader, Caedus, AND Revan all at once lol. Even just Vader and Caedus would give Luke one of his hardest fights ever.
luke's morals off so, ragdoll/blitz, rinse repeat

darthbane77
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
luke's morals off so, ragdoll/blitz, rinse repeat I don't think he's going to be able to do that here.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by darthbane77
I don't think he's going to be able to do that here.
lol
He already ragdolled Caedus, and sh!ts on Vader and Revan.

Azronger
DB77 is truly ignorant, lmao.

Azronger

Luke can't kill Talzin in under 30 seconds? How come? Palpatine made short work of her in the dueling department, and they were roughly even in the Force department.

Given that Luke is substantially more powerful than Palpatine, has OP hax to go along with his power advantage, is in another league entirely when it comes to swordsmanship, and is basically bloodlusted here, I seriously doubt Talzin is lasting over 30 seconds.

But I'd like to hear why you think otherwise.

Ursumeles
mmm

Hard fight thumb up

hutchy1345
Yeah luke might clear actually
30 seconds is much longer than you think
Especially when you are as powerful as luke

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by Ursumeles
mmm

Hard fight thumb up
I mean given that luke let caedus go willingly, its obvious caedus would have broke out

Azronger
Yeah luke might clear actually
30 seconds is much longer than you think
Especially when you are as powerful as luke

I doubt Luke is clearing. DE Sidious isn't going down in under 30 seconds, if at all. And he's got Sarasu Taalon to worry about as well.

Ursumeles
I mean given that luke let caedus go willingly, its obvious caedus would have broke out
No. It was stated in the text that Caedus couldn't break out. Luke only let him go, because he said all he wanted.

Rockydonovang
No. It was stated in the text that Caedus couldn't break out. Luke only let him go, because he said all he wanted.
i was referring to vader vs satrkiller

Ursumeles
i was referring to vader vs satrkiller confused Originally posted by Rockydonovang

Rockydonovang
confused
it was a reference to dc's arguments

Ursumeles
Ah, lol. It was a good one, tbh.

hutchy1345
I doubt Luke is clearing. DE Sidious isn't going down in under 30 seconds, if at all. And he's got Sarasu Taalon to worry about as well.

Depends how much you view luke to have improved since DE (plus power boost from leia) but I never thought that boost from leia was that massively significant

Rockydonovang
Depends how much you view luke to have improved since DE (plus power boost from leia) but I never thought that boost from leia was that massively significant
given that it unlocked some of luke's potential, assuming luke eventually achieved that potential(doesn't have to be his full potential, luke is>de sidious

Selenial
Luke can't kill Talzin in under 30 seconds? How come? Palpatine made short work of her in the dueling department, and they were roughly even in the Force department.

Given that Luke is substantially more powerful than Palpatine, has OP hax to go along with his power advantage, is in another league entirely when it comes to swordsmanship, and is basically bloodlusted here, I seriously doubt Talzin is lasting over 30 seconds.

But I'd like to hear why you think otherwise.

Simply because I've never seen Luke show the ability to rip a Force User from an incoporeal form into a corporeal one. Without the need to protect Maul, Sidious had no chance of actually killing Talzin.

Whether you think her and amped Windu can survive is another matter, or if she waits for a stronger supporting champion, but he definitely won't be killing her in under thirty seconds.

Ursumeles
Interesting point, Sel. Didn't thought about that before.
But don't you think that Luke could destroy her with Mind Walking?

Azronger
Simply because I've never seen Luke show the ability to rip a Force User from an incoporeal form into a corporeal one. Without the need to protect Maul, Sidious had no chance of actually killing Talzin.

Talzin isn't incorporeal here, so not sure why you're bringing that up. Besides, Dark Side Sourcebook notes that to kill a dark side spirit you just need lots of light side energy, which Luke - being the most powerful Force user and all that - has plenty:

http://m.imgur.com/account/Azronger/images/1OXMI7o

And just because Sidious may not have succeeded in killing Talzin doesn't mean Luke won't be able to, as he is far more powerful than Sidious is.

Luke can deflect Talzin's lightning with his lightsaber and teleport around the battlefield. Talzin can't run away because of that and he can slaughter her anytime in CQC.

Not seeing how she has any chance.

Azronger

Luke's definitely more powerful than Sidious in raw TK and stuff like that. But I honestly can't see a way for him to actually kill Sidious.

MythLord
Also, I think Flow-Walking into the "other realm of shadows" should get rid of an incorporeal threat, tbh.

Ursumeles
But I honestly can't see a way for him to actually kill Sidious.
The same way he does with Talzin, only with more difficulty smile

Rockydonovang
Luke's definitely more powerful than Sidious in raw TK and stuff like that. But I honestly can't see a way for him to actually kill Sidious.
using his lightsaber, tking him with objects, redirecting his lightning, using a more powerful version of the batttle mediation leia used on a weakened de sidious

Selenial
Talzin isn't incorporeal here, so not sure why you're bringing that up. Besides, Dark Side Sourcebook notes that to kill a dark side spirit you just need lots of light side energy, which Luke - being the most powerful Force user and all that - has plenty:

http://m.imgur.com/account/Azronger/images/1OXMI7o

And just because Sidious may not have succeeded in killing Talzin doesn't mean Luke won't be able to, as he is far more powerful than Sidious is.

She can dissipate into an incorporeal form faster than Grievous can swing a Lightsaber, with no apparent limitations. Surrendering her physical form does not make her a spirit, either, at least not in the conventional sense as she's free to reform at will, and travel. I'd suggest you familiarise yourself with the character....

Studious wouldn't succeed because she's literally impossible to kill in open combat without an anchor like Maul tying her down.

She can also teleport, and yes he can deflect her lightning, but good luck being overwhelmingly successful at that while Windu and Yoda are on your tail.

Tondemonai
Valk stops him

Azronger
She can dissipate into an incorporeal form faster than Grievous can swing a Lightsaber, with no apparent limitations. Surrendering her physical form does not make her a spirit, either, at least not in the conventional sense as she's free to reform at will, and travel. I'd suggest you familiarise yourself with the character....

Luke is a lot faster than Grievous, so that doesn't mean she could evade Luke like that. And she was tagged by Sidious' lightning, so she clearly has limits.

Given that, while massively weakened and pre-prime, Luke could destroy dozens of the Emperor's clones faster than Palpatine's essence can travel (note that Palpatine's essence is omnipresent) to inhabit one clone, I don't see what Talzin has to suggest she could dissipate before Luke lands a hit. I could honestly see Luke speedblitzing Talzin.

Not sure what you mean here. She was at full power and Grievous could kill her just fine. Or is there some connection between her and Maul that I'm not aware of?

Regardless, this sounds suspiciously like a no-limits fallacy.

Yoda and Windu aren't on his tail when 30 seconds haven't passed. Talzin's only option is to flee the battlefield, and even that won't work since Luke can follow her wherever she goes with his own teleportation abilities.

Rockydonovang
"palpatine's essenc eis omnipresent"
What?
And then how the f is luke moving faster than something thats omnipresent?

Azronger
using his lightsaber, tking him with objects, redirecting his lightning,

Sidious can shrug off all of that no difficulty.

That was a Wall of Light, not Battle Meditation. And Sidious had literally poured 99% of his power into a Force Storm, so he was hardly in a position to defend himself.

Azronger

Rockydonovang
Sidious can shrug off all of that no difficulty.

That was a Wall of Light, not Battle Meditation. And Sidious had literally poured 99% of his power into a Force Storm, so he was hardly in a position to defend himself.
I was referring to dark empire 2. granted that was a weakened palp but pre prime leia is well elow gm luke as a force user

Also yeas, de being omnipresent and being slower than luke would require luke bending with fcking time or something

Azronger
I was referring to dark empire 2. granted that was a weakened palp but pre prime leia is well elow gm luke as a force user

Luke and Palpatine do not make contact in DE 2, except via TP. Not sure what you mean.

All the more reason why Talzin isn't reacting to Luke smile

Rockydonovang
Luke and Palpatine do not make contact in DE 2, except via TP. Not sure what you mean.

All the more reason why Talzin isn't reacting to Luke smile
1. Referring to leia who is vastly below gm luke as of de(and likely even as of her prime)
2. I really don't see why a weakened unanachored form of talzin would matter anyway here

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Saying Luke is faster than omnipresence gave me cancer.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

This gave me 2 cancers smile

LB8xpSAShx4

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
You just hate the best player in the NBA. smile

cs_zoltan
You just hate the best player in the NBA. smile

I used to, but not anymore. I just have 0 respect for him. The best player shouldn't be flopping all the f-ucking time.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Fair enough, though many a superstar flops these days, (and even back then, too).

Still rooting for him against the Warriors, though.

Azronger

Debunk it, then smile

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The statement is contradictory in and of itself. There goes that "argument."

cs_zoltan
Fair enough, though many a superstar flops these days, (and even back then, too).

Maybe, but not this much and not this blatantly. As far as I saw anyway. Talking about GOATs here, like top20 or so.

Azronger
The statement is contradictory in and of itself. There goes that "argument."

Sorry, but Palpatine was everywhere at once, and he managed to possess only one clone in the same time Luke had destroyed all the rest. That literally happened.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Sorry, but Palpatine was everywhere at once, and he managed to possess only one clone in the same time Luke had destroyed all the rest. That literally happened.

Lol. You do realize that true omnipresence means being LITERALLY everywhere at once, right? Palpatine would already be within the clones by definition. Hell, he'd be within Luke. Or, Palpatine claiming that he's "all around" Luke doesn't necessarily equate to true omnipresence.

There's also the dilemma of how fast and when Palpatine was able to make and execute his decisions.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Maybe, but not this much and not this blatantly. As far as I saw anyway. Talking about GOATs here, like top20 or so.

Fair enough, though I can think of some instances where top 20 players have flopped. Magic Johnson in particular would always complain to the refs.

cs_zoltan
Almost everyone flops now and then, but LeBron does it near enough every game. He has that bad rep for a reason.

Azronger
Lol. You do realize that true omnipresence means being LITERALLY everywhere at once, right? Palpatine would already be within the clones by definition. Hell, he'd be within Luke.

Yes, I understand that, lmao. Hence why I said this on the previous page:

He's obviously not within Luke or the clone, lol.

Feel free to present an alternate explanation.

Faster than Talzin smile

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Yes, I understand that, lmao. Hence why I said this on the previous page:

He's obviously not within Luke or the clone, lol.

thumb up

Feel free to present an alternate explanation.

I mean, you already conceded that Palpatine wasn't truly omnipresent, so I don't feel the need to.

Faster than Talzin smile

My point being: Luke isn't faster than omnipresence. He simply completed an action faster than Sidious's room-encompassing spirit did. Which at best proves that, yes, Luke's reactions are faster than Sidious'.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Almost everyone flops now and then, but LeBron does it near enough every game. He has that bad rep for a reason.

Nah, he doesn't do it near enough every game. He has a bad rep because of the fact that he flops being as big and strong as he is more than anything.

Azronger
My point being: Luke isn't faster than omnipresence. He simply completed an action faster than Sidious's room-encompassing spirit did. Which at best proves that, yes, Luke's reactions are faster than Sidious'.

This has been my point the entire time. I guess I just worded it badly. But I think we have come to an agreement.

The Ellimist
If you really mean "absolute peak" performance then Luke either clears or stops at the end or DE Sidious.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.