Cin Drallig vs Kas'im

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kurk
Force, Sabers, all out

who wins?

TenebrousWay
Drallig easily.

Losing to Knightfall Anakin >>> Losing to weak sauce Bane by failing to hold up some tons of rubble.

Emperordmb
How is losing to Knightfall Anakin a feat?

cs_zoltan
Knightfall Anakin is at least a top 3-5 swordsman easily. How is losing to a trainee a feat?

Emperordmb
Why should I give a shit how good Knightfall Anakin is if Drallig didn't even put up a fight? If that's a metric of skill then those Jedi younglings in the council chambers must be badass as ****.

Kas'im at least has a metric by which his skill can be measured from the one novel he appeared in.

TenebrousWay
Originally posted by Emperordmb
How is losing to Knightfall Anakin a feat?

Being considered by Dooku to be capable to dominate OCW Grievous (who stomped Shaak Ti and Ki Adi among others at the same time) >>>>>>>> being considered the best by a trainee of questionable skill.

cs_zoltan
Not getting blitzed by a Yoda tier swordsman is a feat in my book. Not something I could say about Kashit.

Deronn_solo
Kas'im.

Cin's gonna need some actual showings to back up his vaunted position, other wise it's baseless lip service.

cs_zoltan
Lel, what great feat Kashit has which Cin's significantly better hype doesn't make up for?

Deronn_solo
Any feat Kas'im has is better than Cin's because the latter doesn't have any to his name at all. Zilch, nada, zero, Big O so on and so forth. Getting raped and internally jizzed by Anakin isn't a legit showing.

Cin's greatest hype comes from Dooku word of mouth - no better than Bane calling Kas the greatest duelist ever.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Any feat Kas'im has is better than Cin's because the latter doesn't have any to his name at all. Zilch, nada, zero, Big O so on and so forth. Getting raped and internally jizzed by Anakin isn't a legit showing.

And getting beaten by a trainee is a better feat? Holy shit DC your dementia is getting worse by the day.

Cin's greatest hype comes from Dooku word of mouth - no better than Bane calling Kas the greatest duelist ever.

If only that would be the only hype Cin has. If only...

But wait, there's more:

One of the Jedi Order's top swordsmen, Cin Drallig served as the Jedi Temple's lightsaber combat instructor. Stationed on Coruscant, he taught the basics of lightsaber combat forms one through six to thousands of students, including Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker.
--Star Wars Insider 87 - "Order 66: Destroy All Jedi"

"An esteemed Jedi Master and a swordsmaster of nearly unparalleled skills, Cin Dralig represents the Jedi Order's tenets in their purest form."
--Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith Prima Guide

Cin Drallig is honored with the mantle of both Chief of Security and Battlemaster for the Jedi Temple. His unparalleled skill with a lightsaber has benefited many a Jedi under his tutelage, including Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker.
--Star Wars: The Force Collection

And of course he's also stated to be better than RotS Shaak Ti, whose feats shit on Kashit's so by your own faulty logic Kasim can't win...

carthage
DMB thinks losing to Anakin is a non feat, but Kas'im who supposedly "perfected" lightsaber combat losing to a trainee and being better than featless mooks wins.

Lmao

DarthAnt66
Drallig, no question. One of the best in the Order - likely of history.

The issue was we only saw him fight against the actual best of history*.

*More or less.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Fck outta here with dat Anakin wank

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Drallig, no question. One of the best in the Order - likely of history.

The issue was we only saw him fight against the actual best of history*.

*More or less.

TenebrousWay
Dooku himself had his share of troubles and was almost in the stomping range for Anakin, even before the zone as per novelization. Drallig losing to an even more focused version of Anakin isn't an impediment to his accolades.

Kas'im being considered the best duelist newbie Bane ever saw doesn't even compare. lmao

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by TenebrousWay
Drallig losing to an even more focused version of Anakin isn't an impediment to his accolades.

Except, no one is claiming it actually was. What I'm claiming is he's all hype and no impressive showings, which is true. His only feat is being stomped by Anakin after a few strokes while the latter choked out another Jedi, so yeah, not all that impressive.

I sometimes question if any of you idiots bother to read post before responding.

cs_zoltan
Still waiting for an actual feat from Kashit DC. So far you haven't brough up anything but salt as usual.

TenebrousWay
Except, no one is claiming it actually was. What I'm claiming is he's all hype and no impressive showings, which is true. His only feat is being stomped by Anakin after a few strokes while the latter choked out another Jedi, so yeah, not all that impressive.

I sometimes question if any of you idiots bother to read post before responding.

By all means, then show us your wisdom and prove why Kas'im is superior. Drallig certainly wins the hype contest.

Deronn_solo
With an Force attack. Kas'im was shitting on Bane the moment he switch to his likely preferred lightsaber form. Even before then, the only reason Bane was winning was because his astronomical strength in the Force - something Cin doesn't have hear. Aside from that - Kas is pretty far above guys that can stomp high-level masters of multiple forms, and, even though i find the Tuk'ata scaling thing to be bullshit, Bane fighting through scores of them while being in less than optimal state is pretty damn impressive, yet, Kas was still his superior.

But again, it's not hard to surpass Cin's shitty feat because being stomped in emphatic fashion isn't anything to really talk about at all.

And this is why I don't really want to bother debating with you. If you're going to converse with God , leave the absolutely crappy trash at the door step.

Honestly, Dooku's praise is better than those accolades, lmao. Just a bunch of lip-service and factually incorrect statements E.I. "unparalleled skill". laughing out loud
Leaves me wondering why you shit on Hord when Cin is more or less, in the same boat.

Based on what? Please don't say that over-hyped magnaguard feats, lmao.

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by TenebrousWay
Drallig certainly wins the hype contest.

Yes, Draling hype boils down to basically being "one of" the best duelist of his era, and he's gotten praise from Dooku. Kas'im was the greatest in his era and was praised by Darth Bane.

Not seeing any big difference there at all.

cs_zoltan
With an Force attack. Kas'im was shitting on Bane the moment he switch to his likely preferred lightsaber form. Even before then, the only reason Bane was winning was because his astronomical strength in the Force - something Cin doesn't have hear. Aside from that - Kas is pretty far above guys that can stomp high-level masters of multiple forms, and, even though i find the Tuk'ata scaling thing to be bullshit, Bane fighting through scores of them while being in less than optimal state is pretty damn impressive, yet, Kas was still his superior.

But again, it's not hard to surpass Cin's shitty feat because being stomped in emphatic fashion isn't anything to really talk about at all.

Yeah Kasim could beat a trainee, whose training he deliberatly sabotaged to not pose a threat to him, by switching to a form that the aformentioned trainee didn't know. Holy f-ucking shit, what a feat.

And this is why I don't really want to bother debating with you. If you're going to converse with God , leave the absolutely crappy trash at the door step.

Only thing godly about you is your narcissism. When you gona realize you aren't the awesome debater you think you were years ago? Finish 1 f-ucking debate and then call yourself a good debater. Until then it's just a pathetic bravado. It seems to be your only solace these days...

Honestly, Dooku's praise is better than those accolades, lmao. Just a bunch of lip-service and factually incorrect statements E.I. "unparalleled skill". laughing out loud
Leaves me wondering why you shit on Hord when Cin is more or less, in the same boat.

Those coming from an objective source are better than anything Kasim has. By a mile.

Based on what? Please don't say that over-hyped magnaguard feats, lmao.

>Brings up Tukata scaling
>Calls the magnaguard feat over-hyped

Retardness 101 displayed in this thread by DC...

cs_zoltan
Yes, Draling hype boils down to basically being "one of" the best duelist of his era, and he's gotten praise from Dooku. Kas'im was the greatest in his era and was praised by Darth Bane.

Cin was one of the best of an era that has Yoda, Mace, Dooku, Anakin, Sidious, Kenobi etc, Kasim is one of the best of an era with Hoth and Raskta.

Cin was prased by a top 5 duelist of all time, Kasim was praised by a trainee.

DC you should f-ucking retire. This is beyond degrading for you.

TenebrousWay

Being praised by Dooku as capable to embarass OCW Grievous >>> Being praised by a trainee that didn't know Jar'kai.

wink

Ursumeles
Didn't the Cin embrassing GG quote said something about Shaak, in the first version? Also, I don't would take the word of a pissed-off Dooku too seriously.

cs_zoltan
Not seriously as in Cin being able to beat Grievous? Naturally. But he wasn't just pissing out names in random. Dooku was listing people who he thought are good. Which is a praise.

Ursumeles
I know.
Cin coming in his mind instead of Agen, Kit, Saesee, Plo, Mundi etc. is damn good.

Petrus
Cin's hype is really impressive, certainly more impressive than Kas'im's by a significant margin. However, his actual showing is the shit my shit shits. What you guys are debating here , is honestly, hard to analyze.

I mean, Cin lost to an Anakin that wasn't actually even trying, as he was choking another Jedi whilst fending off his attacks with extreme ease. As good as Anakin is, that's utter ownage at its maximum. For being considered one of the best in the Order, the Battlemaster and the Chief of Security, he certainly wasn't even close to living up to it all.

I'm not saying Kas'im would win, tho.

Kurk
Originally posted by Petrus
Cin's hype is really impressive, certainly more impressive than Kas'im's by a significant margin. However, his actual showing is the shit my shit shits. What you guys are debating here , is honestly, hard to analyze.

I mean, Cin lost to an Anakin that wasn't actually even trying, as he was choking another Jedi whilst fending off his attacks with extreme ease. As good as Anakin is, that's utter ownage at its maximum. For being considered one of the best in the Order, the Battlemaster and the Chief of Security, he certainly wasn't even close to living up to it all.

I'm not saying Kas'im would win, tho. Dooku was basically choking out Kenobi while fending off Anakin, does that mean he wasnt trying and doing it with ease?

Also could Dooku have possibly been biased towards older Jedi when citing Cin? Maybe he was unaware of other member's power growths in his ten year absence.

Petrus
Originally posted by Kurk
Dooku was basically choking out Kenobi while fending off Anakin, does that mean he wasnt trying and doing it with ease?

Dooku choked Kenobi for only a couple of seconds and blasted him away with TK to continue to deal with Anakin alone. It's pretty obvious that Dooku would not have been able to handle choking Kenobi + fending off Anakin for more time.

Kurk
Dooku choked Kenobi for only a couple of seconds and blasted him away with TK to continue to deal with Anakin alone. It's pretty obvious that Dooku would not have been able to handle choking Kenobi + fending off Anakin for more time. he choked Kenobi first, blocked Anakin, kicked Anakin away, then ragdolled kenobi

Petrus
he choked Kenobi first, blocked Anakin, kicked Anakin away, then ragdolled kenobi

Big difference from killing Drallig with his lightsaber whilst simultaneously choking someone, effortlessly.

Dooku did those things in a matter of seconds; he couldn't afford to hold Anakin off with one hand and choke Kenobi with the other for longer than a couple of seconds, or he'd be overwhelmed.

Kurk
Big difference from killing Drallig with his lightsaber whilst simultaneously choking someone, effortlessly.

Dooku did those things in a matter of seconds; he couldn't afford to hold Anakin off with one hand and choke Kenobi with the other for longer than a couple of seconds, or he'd be overwhelmed. not sure what makes it look effortless for one but not effortless for the other.

Rockydonovang

I'm not saying Kas'im would win, tho.
nightfall anakin would have utter ownage over the vast majoity of the order's top duelists honestly. Getting wrecked by knightfall anakin hardly invalidates his accolades/hype

Petrus
not sure what makes it look effortless for one but not effortless for the other.

Because Dooku wouldn't have been able to choke Kenobi plus simultaneously fend off Anakin for more than a couple of seconds, as he would've been overwhelmed and killed.

Anakin, on the other hand, killed both of his opponents.

Kurk
Because Dooku wouldn't have been able to choke Kenobi plus simultaneously fend off Anakin for more than a couple of seconds, as he would've been overwhelmed and killed.

Anakin, on the other hand, killed both of his opponents. speculation. I mean a person watching the films wouldn't know the difference without background info

Rockydonovang
this doesn't matter, being wrecked by anakin doesn't remotely invalidate any of the accolades and would happen to kas'm as well, the points still moot.

Petrus
speculation. I mean a person watching the films wouldn't know the difference without background info

It's not speculation, bro. We saw what happened afterwards. Dooku dies at the hands of Anakin. There's absolutely no way Dooku would've been able to fend off Anakin whilst choking Kenobi for more than a couple seconds and not die. You know it.

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
this doesn't matter, being wrecked by anakin doesn't remotely invalidate any of the accolades and would happen to kas'm as well, the points still moot.

It doesn't invalidate them per se, but it sure as hell does make them seem much less impressive.

Sure, sure, there is no shame in being decimated by Knightfall Anakin, but you'd think a guy that was the Battlemaster, lightsaber instructor and praised by Dooku as one of the stellar swordsmen of the Order would put up at least a minimal fight against Anakin. Instead, Anakin completely shits on him with one hand while choking another Jedi. Imho, he didn't live up to his hype even a little bit.

Kurk
It's not speculation, bro. We saw what happened afterwards. Dooku dies at the hands of Anakin. There's absolutely no way Dooku would've been able to fend off Anakin whilst choking Kenobi for more than a couple seconds and not die. You know it.

It doesn't invalidate them per se, but it sure as hell does make them seem much less impressive.

Sure, sure, there is no shame in being decimated by Knightfall Anakin, but you'd think a guy that was the Battlemaster, lightsaber instructor and praised by Dooku as one of the stellar swordsmen of the Order would put up at least a minimal fight against Anakin. Instead, Anakin completely shits on him with one hand while choking another Jedi. Imho, he didn't live up to his hype even a little bit. The movie portrays it as if Anakin was only able to stand toe-to-toe with Dooku after Kenobi was ragdolled, and managed to defeat him after the dun moch scene. Before that there was nothing to suggest that Dooku was struggling.

Petrus
The movie portrays it as if Anakin was only able to stand toe-to-toe with Dooku after Kenobi was ragdolled, and managed to defeat him after the dun moch scene. Before that there was nothing to suggest that Dooku was struggling.

So, you truly believe Dooku would've been able to hold off Anakin whilst choking Kenobi with the other hand? And actually win? Is that what you're saying?

Fated Xtasy
Isn't kinda poetic, how Anakin's superiority to Dooku is shown when he uses Force Choke on Bene while dueling Whie and Cin?

Like **** dude he just stole your signature move lmao

Beniboybling
I prefered the part where Annie cut off his head. evil face

Emperordmb
http://static4.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11120/111205740/5072707-screen+shot+2016-02-27+at+11.00.01+pm.png

Beniboybling
hubba hubba

Fated Xtasy
You either hate the **** or like him Beni. There's no inbetween.

TheIndyJedi
Drallig by hype, Kas'im by feats

CuckedCurry
Drallig looks at him

Underachiever59
Holy Necromancy, Batman!!

So, to weigh in here, after reviewing the (very brief) scene from RotS, what we see is as follows:

Whie is already falling, struck down by Anakin, the instant before the hologram footage begins. Anakin seemingly disarms Bene and begins choking her before Cin Drallig steps into frame. Cin and Anakin exchange three blows in scarcely a second, before the camera cuts to Obi-Wan's reaction. We never see Cin die on screen, and we only see one second of combat between the two, after one Padawan is already dead and the other disarmed.

Now, I don't have my copy of the novel handy, so it might describe things a bit differently, but as far as I can tell, there's nothing to show that Anakin killed Cin Drallig easily. And of course, the RotS game depicts it as a fairly difficult fight (for whatever that's worth). That being said, all the solid info we have on Cin is that he survived one second of dueling with KF Vader, and his many accolades.

Kas'im has an accolade attributed to him by a novice Bane who hasn't even seen Jar'Kai before. Kas'im was also shown to be inferior to Bane until he began using Jar'kai. So there's nothing really putting Kas'im all that high up on the tier list unless you consider PoD Bane to already rival some of the greatest duelists of all time (which I personally don't).

Cin has more reliable accolades, and his not-dying-in-one-second stand against Anakin doesn't help or hurt him in this match up. Kas'im's accolade is shaky at best. Cin wins.

TheIndyJedi
If its ROTS game Cin Drallig then he wins pretty convincingly

Meatpants
Drallig stomps.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.