Batman vs Nick Fury

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
In this thread Bruce & Nick switch jobs for 1 full year, 1 because a masked Vigilant/Billionaire Playboy the other the director of Shield/Spy. The two guys get 2 weeks to prepare for the role reversal and not to alarm anybody they will be wearing face prostatics to fool people. Who does the more convincing job?

spetznaz
Originally posted by golem370
In this thread Bruce & Nick switch jobs for 1 full year, 1 because a masked Vigilant/Billionaire Playboy the other the director of Shield/Spy. The two guys get 2 weeks to prepare for the role reversal and not to alarm anybody they will be wearing face prostatics to fool people. Who does the more convincing job?

Nick could do the billionaire playboy far better than a chap who eats a burger and fries with a knife and fork (Bruce)! Nick could totally pull that off 10/10, and not even have to fake most of it. He'd be a better playboy than Bruce.

Where he would fail is the masked vigilante part. As physical specimens go, Nick can come close to Bruce in many areas. Where he would fail is coming close to him in ALL the areas at the same time.

As for Bruce - he has two roles to do. Be a convincing spy, and be a director. Bruce has done some spy like stuff, such as when he uses his alter ego 'Matches Malone' to pretend to be a hobo. He has also used disguises as an old woman, and even has psychic disguises (Batman of El Zaba Dappa or zun en arhh or whatever the crap that is called/spelled in case someone ends up controlling him). As director, his time basically being one of the leaders of the JLA (a group comprised of basically Demi-gods) would definitely help, as was the time when he was helping Grayson in the shadows when Grayson was in Spyral (a spy organization), or the work he did in creating the Brother MK1 satellite (Brother Eye) that was controlling the OMACs.

Bruce can do much to all of what Nick can do.

Nick cannot pull off the same.

golem370
I think he would be great at everything besides maybe the actual detective stuff, but as a former Spy he could pull off the vigilante type stuff and as a Director could run the Wayne business and be a playboy.

spetznaz
I think he would be great at everything besides maybe the actual detective stuff, but as a former Spy he could pull off the vigilante type stuff and as a Director could run the Wayne business and be a playboy.

I fully agree Golem. Fully agree.

I just think that Bruce would be able to do what Nick does far easier than Nick could do what Bruce does.

For a 'human,' Bruce is not only a mental polymath, but he is also the peak of human ability.

Or ask yourself these two questions -

(1) could Bruce mimic Nick's ability as a Director of Shield? (In my opinion, yes ...and I believe Amalgam comics did something where they had a Bruce Wayne type as a Director of Shield)

(2) could Nick Fury mimic Bruce's ability to come up with solutions in scenarios like, say, when Jjonn became a Burning Martian, or the events of No Mans Land (where he said each plan he had had six other plans just in case), or storming Apokolips with Superman and Big Barda, and getting swallowed alive by a giant WarHound and killing it from inside its stomach, or when the JLA was taken thousands of years in the past during the Obsidian Age arc (and Batman just happened to have a plan for that, which was shown by how he even has Mr Terrific's spheres carrry messesages). Or say, being able to stand against the ENTIRE Court of Owls and keep his heart beating? Or talking about beating hearts, being able to do Thogal and shut off his body to the extent he seems dead? Or in fighting skill, being able to stand to Shiva and not be (completely) punked?

My thoughts - both men are amazing at what they do, but Bruce can do what Nick does easier than Nick can do what Bruce does.

golem370
Fury doesn't have Bruce's I.Q but I also believe some of his feats go to experience plus intelligence gathering and pis which two out of three I could see Fury duplicate with time the peak human thing is another handicap for Fury even with is aging deterrence.

staxamillion
That's all fury does is plot and plan and have contingencies. fury would have more problem with the hand to hand. he shoots people like all the time.

golem370
https://www.google.com/search?q=nick+fury+vs+captain+america&client=tablet-android-sprint-us&prmd=ivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjwutbHrZDSAhVs2IMKHaM6BO4Q_AUIBygB&biw=1024&bih=600#imgrc=xgWUF0nGg52ZSM:

https://www.google.com/search?q=nick+fury+vs+captain+america&client=tablet-android-sprint-us&prmd=ivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjwutbHrZDSAhVs2IMKHaM6BO4Q_AUIBygB&biw=1024&bih=600#imgrc=JQfmU9UveeBumM:

https://www.google.com/search?q=nick+fury+vs+captain+america&client=tablet-android-sprint-us&prmd=ivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjwutbHrZDSAhVs2IMKHaM6BO4Q_AUIBygB&biw=1024&bih=600#imgrc=n27_BZnqcZ2JHM:

staxamillion
I meant compared to bruce

spetznaz
Fury doesn't have Bruce's I.Q but I also believe some of his feats go to experience plus intelligence gathering and pis which two out of three I could see Fury duplicate with time the peak human thing is another handicap for Fury even with is aging deterrence.

I hear you, and actually agree.

The thing is that the original question was who could pull off the other easier - and the answer to that is that Bruce can pull off being Nick than Nick can pull off being Bruce. And it is not just the IQ thing, but the sheer physicality is quite different between the two. Not that Nick is a slouch - it's just that Bruce operates at a higher frequency.

Think about the examples I gave above - those scenarios. Nick simply doesn't have the mind or the brawn for that.

On the other hand, someone like Black Panther could replicate Bruce very well. Captain America could be an even better physical specimen (but wouldn't meet the mental part in the same way T'Challa could, although as I've said in other threads writers often forget the Black Panther was a member of the Illuminati for a reason).

Nick is no slouch, but he's no Batman.

golem370
Alright you're more knowledgeable then me, didn't Fury use a SSS type serum to make him peak level?

spetznaz
Alright you're more knowledgeable then me, didn't Fury use a SSS type serum to make him peak level?

I don't know, but let's assume he did. It would still be more difficult for him to pull off a Bruce than for Bruce to pull off a Nick.

To use other characters, take Dare Devil. It would be easier for an Iron Fist or a Nighwing to fake a DareDevil than it would be for a (say) Punisher or a Midnighter. It's not about being effective, but whether they could do the job in a manner that would make one think it was the character they were trying to be.

You asked who could do the job BETTER. I am certain Nick can do a good enough job to be like Batman ...to some extent. But Bruce would do a BETTER job faking a Nick Fury than Nick could do faking a Batman.

It's about who can do it better.

Now, make this a Bruce Wayne versus a T'Challa (as he SHOULD be, not the gimp writers sometimes make him), and the winner is BP.

But Nick vs Bruce? Nope - that's a souped up Corvette vs a Koennigsegg Agera. No contest.

golem370
Unless its the Callaway Sledgehammer- http://www.supercars.net/blog/1988-callaway-sledgehammer-corvette/

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.