Martian Manhunter Vs Xmen Universe

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TethAdamTheRock
Martian Manhunter

Vs

Xzavier (fixed legs)
Magneto
Jean Grey
Wolverine
Cyclops
Apocalypse
Juggernaut (xmen universe)

ghostman
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
Martian Manhunter

Vs

Xzavier (fixed legs)
Magneto
Jean Grey
Wolverine
Cyclops
Apocalypse

lmao @ fixed legs

ghostman
but seriously, i dont see jobber beating mags tbh

golem370
Imo Apoc takes him.

leonidas
jonn def loses this one, at times badly. their are a couple there who'd give him trouble 1on1 including apoc mags and xavier who i'd take over him in tp ability.... this could be a complete stomp. /shrug

carver9
Magneto kills him.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/2/24487/524146-drpolaris10ba4.jpg

-Pr-
Did you think we'd all forget the last time you got tormented about that scan, carver?

carver9
What's wrong with it?

Shabazz916
Cant mm phase thru them and kill emm from thee jump

riv6672
MM clears (assuming these are individual encounters).
Why do i say that?
Because this is basically Superman with a more varied power set and TP.

TethAdamTheRock
Originally posted by riv6672
Why do i say that?
Because this is basically Superman with a more varied power set and TP. Its actually a team

-Pr-
Originally posted by carver9
What's wrong with it?

You know what's wrong with it. Don't lie.

For the benefit of anyone that hasn't seen that before, two things need to be considered:

1. Polaris was massively amped in that story.
2. J'onn has complete control of his molecules. All he has to do is think "no iron", and he's fine.

Sin I AM
Magneto kills him.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/2/24487/524146-drpolaris10ba4.jpg

Lol. This scan is almost FlvsSm level

He gets wrecked

nwg202
If he doesn't job he could potentially clear. Don't see an answer for his intangibility outside of Jean or Xavier beating him via TP. Still not sure who wins a TP battle between MM and Xavier or MM vs Jean.

riv6672
Its actually a team
I still think he takes it.
Why do i say that?
Going by things said in the 'how many Supermen...' Thread, if Supes can speed blitz the entire MU earth, MM, as a martian, and a speedster in his own right, can speed blitz this group.

darthgoober
Originally posted by -Pr-
You know what's wrong with it. Don't lie.

For the benefit of anyone that hasn't seen that before, two things need to be considered:

1. Polaris was massively amped in that story.
2. J'onn has complete control of his molecules. All he has to do is think "no iron", and he's fine.
Does J'onn actually have THAT level of control over his molecules though? I'm not trying to imply that it's beyond his ability(I don't know MM that well) it's a genuine qustion. I know he's a high level shapeshifter and all, but that level of control would mean he's able to become something other than martian at his core. I mean can he turn himself into a true Kryptonian or assume a metal form like Colossuss for instance?

-Pr-
Originally posted by darthgoober
Does J'onn actually have THAT level of control over his molecules though? I'm not trying to imply that it's beyond his ability(I don't know MM that well) it's a genuine qustion. I know he's a high level shapeshifter and all, but that level of control would mean he's able to become something other than martian at his core. I mean can he turn himself into a true Kryptonian or assume a metal form like Colossuss for instance?

Unless I'm remembering wrong, it was under Ostrander that it was stated that he had complete molecular control.

I don't know about becoming Kryptonian or anything like that, but if he has that level of control, then I suppose it wouldn't be out of the question.

zopzop
Originally posted by riv6672
Why do i say that?
Because this is basically Superman with a more varied power set and TP.
I agree with you to an extent, individually he does beat :
Xavier - MM's powerful enough to hold off Prof X mentally, then MM beats him to death physically
Magneto - this is the closest fight but I see MM getting the majority here
Jean Grey - without the PF she stands no chance
Wolverine - LOL
Cyclops - LOL
Apocalypse - Apoc eats his soul. MM isn't beating Apoc.
Juggernaut (xmen universe) - even without TP MM wins. Vision almost KOed him by phasing into his brain (Hulk interrupted Vision and that's what saved Juggernaut), MM could do the same.

darthgoober
Unless I'm remembering wrong, it was under Ostrander that it was stated that he had complete molecular control.

I don't know about becoming Kryptonian or anything like that, but if he has that level of control, then I suppose it wouldn't be out of the question.
See I can understand how he might be meant to have that level of control, but at the same time such a thing needs to be established pretty definitively to override an on panel showing like the one he had against Polaris. What's more, even if the problem could be alleviated by his control of his molecules, it's very possible that the pain from such a tactic may be too much for him to properly exercise the option once the attack has started.

DarkSaint85
See I can understand how he might be meant to have that level of control, but at the same time such a thing needs to be established pretty definitively to override an on panel showing like the one he had against Polaris. What's more, even if the problem could be alleviated by his control of his molecules, it's very possible that the pain from such a tactic may be too much for him to properly exercise the option once the attack has started.

http://static2.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/62547/3658869-martian+manhunter+32.1+-+body+not+responding+completely.jpg
http://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/62547/3658868-martian+manhunter+32.3+-+j%27onn+transmutes.jpg

-Pr-

While I agree with you for the most part, the problem is that changing his blood so that it has less iron in it (or removing it completely) isn't something that I would imagine would require a huge amount of control, pain or not.

If he can change to Human and back on a daily basis, altering the chemistry of his blood is something I can't imagine being troublesome at all.

And on top of all that, when Polaris did his trick he was ridiculously amped.

darthgoober
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
http://static2.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/62547/3658869-martian+manhunter+32.1+-+body+not+responding+completely.jpg
http://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/62547/3658868-martian+manhunter+32.3+-+j%27onn+transmutes.jpg
Good one thumb up

darthgoober
While I agree with you for the most part, the problem is that changing his blood so that it has less iron in it (or removing it completely) isn't something that I would imagine would require a huge amount of control, pain or not.

If he can change to Human and back on a daily basis, altering the chemistry of his blood is something I can't imagine being troublesome at all.

And on top of all that, when Polaris did his trick he was ridiculously amped.
Well DS's scan is more than enough for me to credit his with the ability to change the make up of his blood in general, but never underestimate the power of pain in regards to affecting what one can accomplish. Enough pain and you literally can't think about anything BUT the pain.

And even if Polaris was amped, he was able to mess with J'onn that much because his blood had even more iron than a human, and Mag's doesn't need an amp to mess with the blood of a human so there's no real reason he wouldn't be able to affect J'onn's either. It can obviously be argued that J'onn may be able to overcome such a thing, but it can be just as easily argued that Mag's would be able to at least temporarily disable him the same way Polaris did.

-Pr-
Well DS's scan is more than enough for me to credit his with the ability to change the make up of his blood in general, but never underestimate the power of pain in regards to affecting what one can accomplish. Enough pain and you literally can't think about anything BUT the pain.

And even if Polaris was amped, he was able to mess with J'onn that much because his blood had even more iron than a human, and Mag's doesn't need an amp to mess with the blood of a human so there's no real reason he wouldn't be able to affect J'onn's either. It can obviously be argued that J'onn may be able to overcome such a thing, but it can be just as easily argued that Mag's would be able to at least temporarily disable him the same way Polaris did.

Fair enough. I don't think Mags would beat J'onn in any kind of drawn out fight, but in this kind of team-match, J'onn isn't winning anyway.

darthgoober
Fair enough. I don't think Mags would beat J'onn in any kind of drawn out fight, but in this kind of team-match, J'onn isn't winning anyway.
Cool. Personally I wouldn't want to wager one way or the other on a solo Mags vs MM fight because I'm no where near well enough informed on MM's abilities, but if someone put a gun to my head and made me pick a winner I'd probably pick Mag's. But it's not something I'd adamantly stand by or anything cause I know he's got some really high showings and hype to offset his lower end stuff.

-Pr-
Cool. Personally I wouldn't want to wager one way or the other on a solo Mags vs MM fight because I'm no where near well enough informed on MM's abilities, but if someone put a gun to my head and made me pick a winner I'd probably pick Mag's. But it's not something I'd adamantly stand by or anything cause I know he's got some really high showings and hype to offset his lower end stuff.

TBH I'd feel a little more confident in choosing J'onn personally, but whatever way it went, Carver's still acting the bollocks.

The Pict
Martian Manhunter

Vs

Xzavier (fixed legs)
Magneto
Jean Grey
Wolverine
Cyclops
Apocalypse

He loses IMO. I don't see Wolverine or Cyclops being an issue at all though.

It's possible if he blitzes at the start that he can take out Prof X, Magneto and Jean but then he isn't beating Juggernaut and Apoc combined.

If he goes for Juggernaut in particular then the TP's have time to combine and mess with his head.

DarkSaint85
Good one thumb up

Thanks.

Hopefully carver saw it too, and will stop misusing that scan (as he has done with GLs).

basilisk

And on top of all that, when Polaris did his trick he was ridiculously amped. I'm also curious about this since my reading of the solo MM is patchy and some time ago. Getting rid of the iron would require either removing and physically dumping it somewhere so he would be permanently chemically changed (or retrieved it later), or a subatomic transmutation of the iron into something else.

Both seem kind out outside what I've seen him do (I guess he might be able to phase the iron away or something). I thought molecular control was more like rearranging atoms in his body, perhaps even down to altering/creating molecules from atoms, but not actual chemical transmutation of elements. Never seen him turn into iron, promethium, pure water, oxygen vapor etc. or do stuff like Metamorpho.

As far as the fight goes, he is in serious trouble facing all of them together - they can attack him on every level mental, physical, energy all at once. Gauntlet style and with MM jobbing turned off he might find ways to scrape through.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by basilisk
I'm also curious about this since my reading of the solo MM is patchy and some time ago. Getting rid of the iron would require either removing and physically dumping it somewhere so he would be permanently chemically changed (or retrieved it later), or a subatomic transmutation of the iron into something else.

Both seem kind out outside what I've seen him do (I guess he might be able to phase the iron away or something). I thought molecular control was more like rearranging atoms in his body, perhaps even down to altering/creating molecules from atoms, but not actual chemical transmutation of elements. Never seen him turn into iron, promethium, pure water, oxygen vapor etc. or do stuff like Metamorpho.

As far as the fight goes, he is in serious trouble facing all of them together - they can attack him on every level mental, physical, energy all at once. Gauntlet style and with MM jobbing turned off he might find ways to scrape through.

See my scans. He's transmuting himself just like Metamorpho.

With jobbing turned off? He can still split himself up, or use his vastly superior speed.

riv6672
^^^Exactly. This is a situation where the speed advatage is going to come in handy.

Stoic
Maybe it's just me, but I don't see J'onn beating Apocalype. I think that it would be far more likely that he'd be body jacked.

basilisk
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
See my scans. He's transmuting himself just like Metamorpho.

With jobbing turned off? He can still split himself up, or use his vastly superior speed.

Interesting scans. I'm trying to recall any other time I've seen him do something like that. I mean can he just change into titanium/inertron/promethium etc or pure water or oxygen gas? Making an inertron armor or body would certainly come in useful.

And yeah, against Marvel characters his speed would make him almost unstoppable. I can actually see him beating any of these guys singly on a good day, though Mags and Apoc could be very tough fights for him, especially Apoc.

krisblaze
Apocalypse alone is a close fight.

Magneto is also a decent fight, albeit one J'onn wins quite hard.

This new Xzavier guy with legs might turn the tables.

riv6672
He does have nice legs...

http://images.sequart.org/images/X-Men-Figure-22-660x334.jpg

mighty adam
Magneto kills him.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/2/24487/524146-drpolaris10ba4.jpg back to your troll ways I see

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.