90's action stars vs. Modern action stars

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FrothByte
90's team:

Arnold Schwarzenegger
Sylvester Stallone
Steven Seagal
Dolph Lundgren
Jean Claude Van-Damme
Chuck Norris
Wesley Snipes
Bruce Lee
Jackie Chan

Modern Team:

Dwayne Johnson
Vin Diesel
Dave Batista
Jason Statham
Michael Jai White
Scott Adkins
Tony Jaa
Iko Uwais
Donnie Yen (age-wise he should be with the 90's team, but since he didn't break into Hollywood till 2000's I included him in the modern team).

This is not a fight between their movie characters, this is a fight between the actors themselves. Everyone is in their peak physical prime but retains the sum of their skills, knowledge and experience accumulated through the years.

Round 1: Pure h2h fight. Arena is a football field. Teams are given no prep or intel regarding their opponents. They get to meet their team 15 mins. before the match just to get to know each other. A team wins when the opposing team has no more members able to stand and fight.

Round 2: Same stips as round 1 except the teams are given 3 months to train for the match. They are not allowed to talk or train with anyone else in 3 months other than their teammates but they are given full access to the internet to research on the opposing team.

Round 3: Each team is given unlimited money and resources to make a movie, the only stipulations are that everyone in the team should be cast and that the movie is a romantic comedy with zero action. Which team makes a better movie? Which team has better acting ability?

P.S. - there were other names I wanted to include (Jet Li, Gary Daniels, Mark Dacascos, etc.) but couldn't figure out how to properly balance the numbers so I left them out. Plus I couldn't decide which team Jet Li belonged to.

NotAllThatEvil
Bruce Lee to fast bro.

KingD19
Modern stars sweep round 1. The Rock is bigger than Schwarzenegger ever got, and it's functional muscle, not flexing competition muscle. Also he's a pro wrestler with a background in football. He's not quite as big as Lungdren in height, but definitely still bigger. Diesel is nearly as big as Dwayne and he's got several years as a Bouncer under his belt. Batista is even bigger than the Rock, and is a BJJ purple belt under one of the Gracies. Statham, MJW, and Adkins are pretty big too. And aside from Rock, Vin, and Bautista, the entire team are lifelong master level martial artists. And while there are several on the 90's team(JCVD, Lee, Chuck, Snipes, Chan) the modern guys are all bigger than them, which does matter in a fight, especially when the bigger guy is also very skilled.

Round 2 should go to the Modern guys as well. All of them in peak condition? Oh yeah they overpower and outskill the entire 90's team. And there is no such thing as peak condition Steven Segal.

Team Modern takes 3rd round as well. 90's action guys just had to be macho and kick ass. Modern guys have to be decent actors as well. Rock has proved it, Vin has proved it(Saving Private Ryan was one of his best performances), Statham has proved it, Donnie Yen, etc... The best actors on the 90's team are Wesley, Jackie, and Sly.

Dwayne Johnson
Vin Diesel
Dave Batista
Jason Statham
Michael Jai White
Donnie Yen

All these guys showed they do comedy very very well.

And I'd say Jet Lee would be on the 90's team, since he's been in movies. He debuted in Shaolin Temple in '82. And made his first American movie in '98. And his first starring role in 2000 in Romeo Must Die.

FrothByte
Forgot to add that all competitors have morals off.

FrothByte
Since it's only 2 posts in, I decided to edit the rosters and add Jet Li, Don Wilson and Gary Daniels to the 90's team and add Ray Park, Daren Shahlavi and Cung Le in the Modern team. Since both Don Wilson and Gary Daniels are professional fighters I felt that adding Cung Le to the other team might help even the fight. Final rosters are:

90's team:

Arnold Schwarzenegger
Sylvester Stallone
Steven Seagal
Dolph Lundgren
Jean Claude Van-Damme
Chuck Norris
Wesley Snipes
Bruce Lee
Jackie Chan
Jet Li
Don Wilson
Gary Daniels

Modern Team:

Dwayne Johnson
Vin Diesel
Dave Batista
Jason Statham
Michael Jai White
Scott Adkins
Tony Jaa
Iko Uwais
Donnie Yen
Darren Shahlavi
Ray Park
Cung Le

FrothByte
resurrect

Placidity
90's all 3. Easy.

DTM
Funny how Bruce Lee is on a 90s Team, when he died in 1973. smile

FrothByte
Originally posted by DTM
Funny how Bruce Lee is on a 90s Team, when he died in 1973. smile

Probably because I only got to watch his movies during the 90's. Lol. Anyway, just turn a blind eye to it and vote.

FrothByte
Bump

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by FrothByte
90's team:

Arnold Schwarzenegger
Sylvester Stallone
Steven Seagal
Dolph Lundgren
Jean Claude Van-Damme
Chuck Norris
Wesley Snipes
Bruce Lee
Jackie Chan

Modern Team:

Dwayne Johnson
Vin Diesel
Dave Batista
Jason Statham
Michael Jai White
Scott Adkins
Tony Jaa
Iko Uwais
Donnie Yen (age-wise he should be with the 90's team, but since he didn't break into Hollywood till 2000's I included him in the modern team).

This is not a fight between their movie characters, this is a fight between the actors themselves. Everyone is in their peak physical prime but retains the sum of their skills, knowledge and experience accumulated through the years.

Round 1: Pure h2h fight. Arena is a football field. Teams are given no prep or intel regarding their opponents. They get to meet their team 15 mins. before the match just to get to know each other. A team wins when the opposing team has no more members able to stand and fight.

Round 2: Same stips as round 1 except the teams are given 3 months to train for the match. They are not allowed to talk or train with anyone else in 3 months other than their teammates but they are given full access to the internet to research on the opposing team.

Round 3: Each team is given unlimited money and resources to make a movie, the only stipulations are that everyone in the team should be cast and that the movie is a romantic comedy with zero action. Which team makes a better movie? Which team has better acting ability?

P.S. - there were other names I wanted to include (Jet Li, Gary Daniels, Mark Dacascos, etc.) but couldn't figure out how to properly balance the numbers so I left them out. Plus I couldn't decide which team Jet Li belonged to.

The 90s sweep.

Bruce Lee and Chuck Norris solo beat the crap out of Modern Team HAHAHAHA.

Khazra Reborn
Michael Jai White and Statham are the only ones who actually know how to fight, modern guys probably win.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Michael Jai White and Statham are the only ones who actually know how to fight, modern guys probably win.

Seriously?

Khazra Reborn
Originally posted by Silent Master
Seriously?

Cung Le too, I didn't notice him at first, he's by far the most accomplished real fighter on either team.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.