If you had a chance to write for your favorite Comic Book character

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Who would you write for?, and as for why, type atleast 1 paragraph as your vision of your favorite character's near furture

EcstaticGrace
Really hard to pick 1. I have multiple characters I want to write just all at different times.

Mindship
Surfer. "Herald Madness." Gets his chance to wreck havoc with the Marvel pantheon like Thor and Hulk did.

smile

deathslash
Originally posted by EcstaticGrace
Really hard to pick 1. I have multiple characters I want to write just all at different times. this. As of right now, it's snake eyes. It'd probably be a story about him going around, wrecking cobra alongside stalker and scarlet, having flashbacks about his past, and having some sort of reveal about a group of students that he once trained who've gone rogue.

Cogito
Lucifer.

I would take over that heaping pile of shit second run that's going on now, and since I actually know that I don't have the chops to follow in footsteps of Gaiman and Carey, I'd kill the project and make sure it could never return thumb up

SithLantern93
Spectre

StiltmanFTW
Wolverine.

I'd bring him back to life, it's about time high time for that.

ghostman
superman

abstract level supes while weakened confirmed

JayDaDon
I'd want to bring back a modern version of the Iron man/Captain America book in the vein of Batman/Superman.

staxamillion
jubilee & wolverine - bring em both back to life and to glory.

maybe she caught a sliver of the phoenix force and it eradicated her vampire juju while simultaneously bringing back her mutant ability to its fullest potential; or at least a wider powerset. her body couldn't handle the change so she went comatose until she was ready.

wolverine. he goes to hell and is a complete bane to mephisto and the other higher ups in all of hell's realms. I imagine something like Planet Hulk but it would be Wolverine Hell. eventually they make a deal and Wolverine can never enter Hell again in exchange for his mortal soul and life back with the stipulation he still does what he does best. kinda like a deadpool can't die type of thing unless he goes to heaven.

darthgoober
Originally posted by Mindship
Surfer. "Herald Madness." Gets his chance to wreck havoc with the Marvel pantheon like Thor and Hulk did.

smile
Personally, I'd do a new DOS ("Death of Surfer lol)" arc against Thanos instead of one where he just went CBR across the whole universe. A real knock down drag out where Norrin uses his versatility to the fullest to compensate for Thanos's advantages in raw power. I've actually already got the story half written in my head on the off chance I find myself trapped in an elevator with a big wig from Marvel for a couple hours lol

Blight
I wrote a couple episodes of a Animated Flash show. Was pretty cool.

Comic-wise, I always liked the mutant city depicted in X-Factor. I'd love to explore that more.

The Pict
I'd like to write Batman stories. Early day stuff when Gotham wasn't jam packed with different villains and vigilantes.

It would be a reboot with Bruce starting out but with modern technology, culture etc.

JayDaDon
Oh that reminds me of an idea I had kicking around during work(where almost all of my creative world building is done)...Ultimate Batman. A reimagining of Batman. NOT like Earth one which imo didn't really have that much of a different impact from Prime Earth. Re reading the Ultimate spider-man bendis run had me thinking of the possibilities for Batman.

The Pict
Originally posted by JayDaDon
Oh that reminds me of an idea I had kicking around during work(where almost all of my creative world building is done)...Ultimate Batman. A reimagining of Batman. NOT like Earth one which imo didn't really have that much of a different impact from Prime Earth. Re reading the Ultimate spider-man bendis run had me thinking of the possibilities for Batman.

I was gonna mention Earth One. I only read vol II of the Superman comic and quite liked the little modern touches. Like Clark getting news on his smartphone.

For me Ultimate comics changed characters too much from the originals. They were more like completely new characters rather than re-imagined ones.

Mindset
Originally posted by golem370
type atleast 1 paragraph Phuck you.

Khazra Reborn
I'd write Thor. Probably keep him unworthy a while longer, and have him leave Asgard, and explore his elder god roots. It's a major part of him that's almost completely untapped, unless you're a long time fan, you probably wouldn't even know he's half elder. Perhaps there'd be a bit of time travel involved.. Who knows.

riv6672
Originally posted by Mindset
Phuck you.
^^^roll eyes (sarcastic)

Blue Beetle.
I'd have Ted Kord back, spearheading Kord Industries, going head to head with guys like Luthor and Bruce Wayne for big time projects as he re-establishes his company, and dealing with a shadow war between R'as Al Ghul and Vandal Savage in the first story arc.
I'd lay the groundwork for a big time crossover between him, Reyes BB, Black Adam, Hawkman/woman and Dr. Fate in the next arc, tying all their connections to DCs ancient Egypt together, and introducing a new high herald bad guy that would be REALLY pissed when Ted winds up being the one to screw up his plans in the end (it IS his book), and becomes a recurring threat for the relatively street level hero.
That'd be the first 12 issues.

I'd follow that up with a 2 parter where Ted meets up with with Maxwell Lord for an epic sllugfest...

Sin I AM
Fantastic Four. Id have them come back and wreck everyone and everything. Amp thing, make Johnny a god of fire and have reed make doom shit his pants while sue bubbles peoples brains

deathslash
Oh that reminds me of an idea I had kicking around during work(where almost all of my creative world building is done)...Ultimate Batman. A reimagining of Batman. NOT like Earth one which imo didn't really have that much of a different impact from Prime Earth. Re reading the Ultimate spider-man bendis run had me thinking of the possibilities for Batman. but ultimate spidey was was a teenager. So you'd do Terry McGinnis?

Anyway, In addition to snake eyes, I'd probably also do an "untold stories" arc for hit man.

Blight
Originally posted by riv6672
^^^roll eyes (sarcastic)

Blue Beetle.
I'd have Ted Kord back, spearheading Kord Industries, going head to head with guys like Luthor and Bruce Wayne for big time projects as he re-establishes his company, and dealing with a shadow war between R'as Al Ghul and Vandal Savage in the first story arc.
I'd lay the groundwork for a big time crossover between him, Reyes BB, Black Adam, Hawkman/woman and Dr. Fate in the next arc, tying all their connections to DCs ancient Egypt together, and introducing a new high herald bad guy that would be REALLY pissed when Ted winds up being the one to screw up his plans in the end (it IS his book), and becomes a recurring threat for the relatively street level hero.
That'd be the first 12 issues.

I'd follow that up with a 2 parter where Ted meets up with with Maxwell Lord for an epic sllugfest...
I would actually love this. I want more Ted Kord love.

JayDaDon
Originally posted by The Pict
I was gonna mention Earth One. I only read vol II of the Superman comic and quite liked the little modern touches. Like Clark getting news on his smartphone.

For me Ultimate comics changed characters too much from the originals. They were more like completely new characters rather than re-imagined ones.

I guess it depends on what you look at as a reimagining. IMO a reimagining HAS to look different and maybe even act different otherwise it defeats the purpose. But there should be key similarities that harken back to the original. Some characters in the Ultimate verse were more or less the exact same character in the 616 tho like Kingpin. But the way I envision a "Ultimate" Batman would have fun telling character origins and just as much fun adding in a different twist here and there from the Prime Earth version. I may do it as a fan project someday after I get my original stuff going...

riv6672
Originally posted by Blight
I would actually love this. I want more Ted Kord love.
Thanks, man.

-Pr-
I have ideas for all sorts of characters like Aquaman, Pym, Superman, Batman/Nightwing and so on, but I have to pick one so I'm picking the X-Men, or more specifically, Cyclops.

As I can't retcon anything, I'd instead try to salvage all that they've ****ed up, and eventually return X-Men to the status quo they had before they went to Utopia.

TLDR: Jean, Xavier, Wolverine and Cyclops are all back alive, and mutants are back on track and not treated like some kind of Nazi-esque lepers anymore.

==

The story in and of itself would have Jean come back to life and attack Earth as Dark Phoenix (because the Phoenix never really stays dead). She'd be more powerful than anything that was seen in AvX, and she'd run all over the assembled heroes, taking down everyone.

Over the course of the story it would come to light that Jean isn't all evil, and that in secret she'd resurrected Cyclops, Wolverine and Xavier, the three men that she was closest too and incidentally, three currently dead X-Men. Though they don't see eye to eye, they agree to work together. They rally all the mutants together, and using the telepathic skills of Emma, Xavier and the other telepaths, they manage to split Jean and the Phoenix in to two distinct beings: A good one and a bad one.

Dark Phoenix is driven from Earth, and at an assembled meeting of all of the heroes (both mutant and otherwise), they're all finding it hard to get along, especially considering how Cyclops is basically a war criminal now. To combat this, Jean sends out a telepathic pulse, sharing with everyone images that explained why Cyclops had descended in to super-villainy:

He was shown a future (by Cable) in which all mutants were wiped out, a future which would be kicked off by the Terrigen bomb detonating and forcing mutants to leave Earth. This prompted him to go to all the lengths he did, and it would be made very clear that even though there were other mutants involved, Cyclops intentionally shouldered blame for things even he didn't do, as he wanted to make himself not so much a martyr, but the target of peoples anger so that when it was all said and done, the other mutants could have lives of their own. He knew that it would be easier if people had a central figure to hate, and being the leader he always wanted to be, he took one for the team.

Seeing what Cyclops saw, and Xavier and Wolverine forgiving him (or at the very least choosing to try to sympathise with him) for his actions, the rest of the mutants are now, as they were before, under the banner of Cyclops and more importantly, Xavier. Soap-opera stuff next as Cyclops and Jean make peace with each other, but it's decided that they just don't belong together. Emma and Cyclops have a fight about all that went on before, during and after AvX (not to mention some very direct bad-boyfriending by him so she'd distance herself from him), but they decide to work on things once Emma returns.

Returns from where? Her and Jean are leading a force of dozens of mutants in to space to deal with the Dark Phoenix once and for all (lol, because that always sticks).

Staying behind? Barely twenty senior X-Men, who reopen the Xavier School which is now run by Xavier himself, with Cyclops back to being a field leader, not a headmaster, as it never suited him anyway.

Mutants are back in New York, they're back to being a minority, and after saving the world, they get a bit of a break from everyone.

==

No, it's not perfect. It's just me trying to salvage something Marvel has legitimately bent over a pinball machine and ****ed mercilessly. Kudos if you get that reference.

If it was up to me, i'd retcon the damn thing.

JayDaDon
Originally posted by deathslash
but ultimate spidey was was a teenager. So you'd do Terry McGinnis?

Anyway, In addition to snake eyes, I'd probably also do an "untold stories" arc for hit man.

I'd tell the story similar to how Ultimate did...from the very beginning of the hero. Bruce would be about 25 at the start. One change for example is his best friends I have Thomas Elliot who he's known since childhood and Vicky Vale.

ghostman
no love for abstract supes? :/

bluewaterrider
Originally posted by ghostman

You've already had that. Arguably you have that now.
I could stand to see an infinitely strong Supergirl for awhile, though.
We haven't seen that anywhere to my recollection.

And I'd start writing her performing actual feats, like she used to do way back in the 1960s. They give mainly lip service now.
I don't mean like the 1980s where against, say, Blackstarr, she and Superman would fight against Van-Gogh style paint splotches, either.
Feats instead with concrete, identifiable objects that people can understand.

And I wouldn't bother to explain why she was like that. It'd be a mystery to her, too. Nobody would know why she was like that and she wouldn't either.
Actually, her newest series "Being Super" is something like that.
She doesn't even know she's from Krypton.

But I'd get rid of a lot of the political "correctness" that characterizes the current show and recent book series. It's taken it way too far from its first season which had a character that adhered at least somewhat reasonably to actual, genuinely good family values.

Flyattractor
A Buddy Cop Team up between Death's Head 1 and 2.

tkitna
Sentry

He would come back to earth and pummel everybody and just when he thought he had it conquered, Squirrel Girl saves the day.

Damborgson
Make Asgard great again.

Flyattractor
Bring back L.E.G.I.O.N and FRAGGING CALL IT L.E.G.I.O.N despite the LSH Fans being to stupid to know the diff.

riv6672
Pretty glad most everyone here have day jobs.

Blight
Pretty glad most everyone here have day jobs. yes

I wouldn't mind tackling lesser known characters. I'd love to do a solo Rick Jones story. One where he goes on some sort of cross country tour, getting involved with a myriad of characters.

I'd love to bring the JSA back to their former glory; where they are the heroes that heroes look up to.

A Wolverine story that doesn't relegate Cyber to story fodder would be cool. I'm so tired of him playing second fiddle. I liked it when he was brought in by Peter David as the bully of Wolverine. Where he just shows up, stomps the shit out of him, then leaves. When Larry Hama brought him back, he beat the shit out of Wolverine, broke his bone claws, then phucked off. Now he either is dead, has some disease, or is being eaten by scarabs. Shameful.

Flyattractor
A JLA/Lobo story where the JL have to hire Lobo to go on a mission to Save the Universe....yeah it wouldn't end well.

golem370
I would love to write a couple character stories if I was any good at writing like bringing back Morg I might have him look and find Terrax and killing him in a brutal battle then having his power cosmic and taking in the well of life again. I would write him going around in the universe reeking havoc.

krisblaze
I would do something with the x-students.

The new (new) x-men series was great and should have continued.

SamZED
Deadpool.
I would make him more Joe Kelly-esque. Funny but none of that goofy cartoon sh!t. With weaker healing factor. I would make him more violent/dangerous/scary. Think DP volume 1.

Insane Titan
Thanos. I'd go in to detail about his use of Black Death magic and then furthering his magical knowledge and power.

Another angle I like would be him facing off against other death gods etc such as Hela, Pluto and Orisis among others.

Mindship
Originally posted by darthgoober
Personally, I'd do a new DOS ("Death of Surfer lol)" arc against Thanos instead of one where he just went CBR across the whole universe. A real knock down drag out where Norrin uses his versatility to the fullest to compensate for Thanos's advantages in raw power. I've actually already got the story half written in my head on the off chance I find myself trapped in an elevator with a big wig from Marvel for a couple hours lol "Herald Madness" would include a Thanos fight ... and possibly even showing Galactus a thing or two. big grin

Originally posted by Damborgson
Make Asgard great again. Originally posted by riv6672
Pretty glad most everyone here have day jobs. laughing out loud

Dreampanther
Nightwing

Nightwing and Midnighter, who have become friends, get back from a mission together and Apollo tells them that the Joker, having finally tired of his games with Batman, executed him on the steps of the courthouse in Gotham, after first unmasking him as Bruce Wayne and then torturing Damian to death in front of him.

Grief-stricken, Dick returns to Gotham accompanied by Midnighter. When they get there, Dick dons the Bat costume and they set out to hunt the Joker down, with Midnighter deciding on a whim to wear a Robin costume. Along the way they tear a path through the villains of Gotham. Unlike his former easy-going, witty and bantering self, Dick now displays a level of ferocity and brutal violence so terrifying word starts to spread that Batman has come back from the dead to seek vengeance. Midnighter, meanwhile, is enjoying himself, comfortable with this level of violence.

Along the way Midnighter tells him that while he admired Bruce, he and Dick are different, that they can't fight by Batman's old rules. If Dick isn't willing to kill he will end up like Bruce - fighting the same battles over and over again until some psycho eventually gets tired of playing around.

Dick refuses to accept this at first but gradually Midnighter opens his eyes to all the innocent victims they could have saved if only they had been willing to take more extreme measures. They continue to argue until they finally track the Joker down and confront him.

As Dick and the Joker battle, the Joker taunts him, laughing and bragging about how many people he has killed and tortured over the years. Gradually his laughter fades away, however, as Dick refuses to respond, just becoming more and more focused on his attacks which are starting to really hurt the Joker. Midnighter, meanwhile, still wearing the Robin costume, just stands on the side and watches the fight with a malevolent grin.

Eventually, the Joker bursts out in frustration and yells at Midnighter (Robin):
"What's so funny?"
Midnighter smiles even wider and points to Batman (Dick) standing silently and grim behind Joker.
"The joke's on you," he says, then bursts out in mocking laughter as the Joker turns around, astonished, to see Batman approaching him with two razor sharp Batarangs gripped in his hands.

Dick had finally had enough. A new Batman is born.

riv6672
yes

I wouldn't mind tackling lesser known characters. I'd love to do a solo Rick Jones story. One where he goes on some sort of cross country tour, getting involved with a myriad of characters.

I'd love to bring the JSA back to their former glory; where they are the heroes that heroes look up to.

A Wolverine story that doesn't relegate Cyber to story fodder would be cool. I'm so tired of him playing second fiddle. I liked it when he was brought in by Peter David as the bully of Wolverine. Where he just shows up, stomps the shit out of him, then leaves. When Larry Hama brought him back, he beat the shit out of Wolverine, broke his bone claws, then phucked off. Now he either is dead, has some disease, or is being eaten by scarabs. Shameful.
The Rick Jones idea sounds like something you could collaborate with PAD on...thumb up

THAT is how the JSA should be written, no doubt about it.

Never read much Cyber, which is odd since i usually keep up with PAD characters.

carver9
Wolverine story. It would be similar to his "the best there is" storyline.

staxamillion
Originally posted by -Pr-
I have ideas for all sorts of characters like Aquaman, Pym, Superman, Batman/Nightwing and so on, but I have to pick one so I'm picking the X-Men, or more specifically, Cyclops.

As I can't retcon anything, I'd instead try to salvage all that they've ****ed up, and eventually return X-Men to the status quo they had before they went to Utopia.

TLDR: Jean, Xavier, Wolverine and Cyclops are all back alive, and mutants are back on track and not treated like some kind of Nazi-esque lepers anymore.

==

The story in and of itself would have Jean come back to life and attack Earth as Dark Phoenix (because the Phoenix never really stays dead). She'd be more powerful than anything that was seen in AvX, and she'd run all over the assembled heroes, taking down everyone.

Over the course of the story it would come to light that Jean isn't all evil, and that in secret she'd resurrected Cyclops, Wolverine and Xavier, the three men that she was closest too and incidentally, three currently dead X-Men. Though they don't see eye to eye, they agree to work together. They rally all the mutants together, and using the telepathic skills of Emma, Xavier and the other telepaths, they manage to split Jean and the Phoenix in to two distinct beings: A good one and a bad one.

Dark Phoenix is driven from Earth, and at an assembled meeting of all of the heroes (both mutant and otherwise), they're all finding it hard to get along, especially considering how Cyclops is basically a war criminal now. To combat this, Jean sends out a telepathic pulse, sharing with everyone images that explained why Cyclops had descended in to super-villainy:

He was shown a future (by Cable) in which all mutants were wiped out, a future which would be kicked off by the Terrigen bomb detonating and forcing mutants to leave Earth. This prompted him to go to all the lengths he did, and it would be made very clear that even though there were other mutants involved, Cyclops intentionally shouldered blame for things even he didn't do, as he wanted to make himself not so much a martyr, but the target of peoples anger so that when it was all said and done, the other mutants could have lives of their own. He knew that it would be easier if people had a central figure to hate, and being the leader he always wanted to be, he took one for the team.

Seeing what Cyclops saw, and Xavier and Wolverine forgiving him (or at the very least choosing to try to sympathise with him) for his actions, the rest of the mutants are now, as they were before, under the banner of Cyclops and more importantly, Xavier. Soap-opera stuff next as Cyclops and Jean make peace with each other, but it's decided that they just don't belong together. Emma and Cyclops have a fight about all that went on before, during and after AvX (not to mention some very direct bad-boyfriending by him so she'd distance herself from him), but they decide to work on things once Emma returns.

Returns from where? Her and Jean are leading a force of dozens of mutants in to space to deal with the Dark Phoenix once and for all (lol, because that always sticks).

Staying behind? Barely twenty senior X-Men, who reopen the Xavier School which is now run by Xavier himself, with Cyclops back to being a field leader, not a headmaster, as it never suited him anyway.

Mutants are back in New York, they're back to being a minority, and after saving the world, they get a bit of a break from everyone.

==

No, it's not perfect. It's just me trying to salvage something Marvel has legitimately bent over a pinball machine and ****ed mercilessly. Kudos if you get that reference.

nice I'd read it. is there two jeans or a jean and a phoenix entity?

"Id"
Dual adventure of Shaman X-Man and Ghost Rider. I like stories where the paranormal mythos mixes with the Supernatural.

JayDaDon
Pretty glad most everyone here have day jobs.

Not like current Marvel/DC are doing much better...

-Pr-
Originally posted by staxamillion
nice I'd read it. is there two jeans or a jean and a phoenix entity?

Thanks.

Technically one actual Jean, this would be the "real" one, but the Phoenix would still be driven by a kind of mental remnant of the darker sides of Jean's personality.

thumb up

Blight
The Rick Jones idea sounds like something you could collaborate with PAD on...thumb up

THAT is how the JSA should be written, no doubt about it.

Never read much Cyber, which is odd since i usually keep up with PAD characters.
I would do just about anything to collaborate with PAD.

Cyber's first appearance was pretty unique because it was written by PAD and drawn by Sam Keith. So basically one of my favorite writers with one of my favorite artists. Pretty incredible.

riv6672
True.
But reading this thread, i can see how much worse it could get.

maxivitopowe
Originally posted by ghostman

Injustice was disgustingly badly written.

yes

Vibe as a Silver Surfer/Sam Becket-esque character, travelling the Uni/Multi-Verse righting wrongs and kicking ass

Originally posted by Dreampanther
Nightwing

Nightwing and Midnighter, who have become friends, get back from a mission together and Apollo tells them that the Joker, having finally tired of his games with Batman, executed him on the steps of the courthouse in Gotham, after first unmasking him as Bruce Wayne and then torturing Damian to death in front of him.

Grief-stricken, Dick returns to Gotham accompanied by Midnighter. When they get there, Dick dons the Bat costume and they set out to hunt the Joker down, with Midnighter deciding on a whim to wear a Robin costume. Along the way they tear a path through the villains of Gotham. Unlike his former easy-going, witty and bantering self, Dick now displays a level of ferocity and brutal violence so terrifying word starts to spread that Batman has come back from the dead to seek vengeance. Midnighter, meanwhile, is enjoying himself, comfortable with this level of violence.

Along the way Midnighter tells him that while he admired Bruce, he and Dick are different, that they can't fight by Batman's old rules. If Dick isn't willing to kill he will end up like Bruce - fighting the same battles over and over again until some psycho eventually gets tired of playing around.

Dick refuses to accept this at first but gradually Midnighter opens his eyes to all the innocent victims they could have saved if only they had been willing to take more extreme measures. They continue to argue until they finally track the Joker down and confront him.

As Dick and the Joker battle, the Joker taunts him, laughing and bragging about how many people he has killed and tortured over the years. Gradually his laughter fades away, however, as Dick refuses to respond, just becoming more and more focused on his attacks which are starting to really hurt the Joker. Midnighter, meanwhile, still wearing the Robin costume, just stands on the side and watches the fight with a malevolent grin.

Eventually, the Joker bursts out in frustration and yells at Midnighter (Robin):
"What's so funny?"
Midnighter smiles even wider and points to Batman (Dick) standing silently and grim behind Joker.
"The joke's on you," he says, then bursts out in mocking laughter as the Joker turns around, astonished, to see Batman approaching him with two razor sharp Batarangs gripped in his hands.

Dick had finally had enough. A new Batman is born.

Any book that starts with a batman execution is great by me, though I would prefer if Damian stays alive. It makes more sense Than Midnighter taking on the secondary role

maxivitopowe
True.

Truest thing you've ever said

Dreampanther
Originally posted by maxivitopowe
Any book that starts with a batman execution is great by me, though I would prefer if Damian stays alive. It makes more sense Than Midnighter taking on the secondary role

I have to admit, taking Damian out is personal. I can't stand the little sh!thead. So getting rid of him gives me satisfaction plus it plays into the whole Joker-getting-his-kicks-by-torturing-Batman scenario.

As for Midnighter - I need a catalyst. Somebody who can push Dick into evolving, taking the next step, becoming the new Batman who is willing to take extreme, lethal measures to end a permanent threat. Damian wouldn't work here, anyway, since Dick is older and would feel obligated to be the role model by continuing to follow Bruce's example. The more Damian would push him the more Dick would resist. So getting rid of Damian serves more than one purpose.

Midnighter, however, would have Dick's respect. Midnighter is a guy who has no compunction in killing bad guys. In fact, that was why he was recruited for Stormwatch and The Authority. Yet, he is in a loving, long-term relationship with Apollo. This shows Dick that while Bruce made the only choices possible for himself, those choices are not the only ones available to somebody who is not Bruce.

Bruce could never kill, because he had issues with killing. But Midnighter shows that sometimes, when you need to kill, you can do so without losing your soul or your humanity.

JayDaDon
True.

Not even joking, I haven't read anything here worse than the worst Marvel has given us in the last 2 years.

maxivitopowe
I have to admit, taking Damian out is personal. I can't stand the little sh!thead. So getting rid of him gives me satisfaction plus it plays into the whole Joker-getting-his-kicks-by-torturing-Batman scenario.

As for Midnighter - I need a catalyst. Somebody who can push Dick into evolving, taking the next step, becoming the new Batman who is willing to take extreme, lethal measures to end a permanent threat. Damian wouldn't work here, anyway, since Dick is older and would feel obligated to be the role model by continuing to follow Bruce's example. The more Damian would push him the more Dick would resist. So getting rid of Damian serves more than one purpose.

Midnighter, however, would have Dick's respect. Midnighter is a guy who has no compunction in killing bad guys. In fact, that was why he was recruited for Stormwatch and The Authority. Yet, he is in a loving, long-term relationship with Apollo. This shows Dick that while Bruce made the only choices possible for himself, those choices are not the only ones available to somebody who is not Bruce.

Bruce could never kill, because he had issues with killing. But Midnighter shows that sometimes, when you need to kill, you can do so without losing your soul or your humanity.

Midnighter is basically older, gay Damian, with a super computer though.

I do see you point, I just don't see any situation in which M would take the subordinate role... Unless Dick is tapping that

Dreampanther
Originally posted by maxivitopowe
Midnighter is basically older, gay Damian, with a super computer though.

I do see you point, I just don't see any situation in which M would take the subordinate role... Unless Dick is tapping that

In this scenario, I see Midnighter not so much being subordinate - rather, supportive. He likes Dick, he likes flirting with him because Dick is so obviously straight and secure in his sexuality that the flirting doesn't really bother him. And like I stated, by the time all this starts they have become friends, good enough friends that they are returning from an off-the-books and off-the-radar mission together when Dick gets the news.

So, Midnighter goes with Dick because he is a bit worried about him and because he cares about him, even though he hides it behind typical tough-guy banter. Being more objective than Dick in this case, he knows that Dick will have to work through his grief and rage and that might make him somewhat reckless and maybe careless.

Plus, he's never been somebody to miss any excuse to walk into a city full of bad guys and kick their asses!

krisblaze
There are so many titles that need to be revisited.

Nova - we should have a book where he goes around solving stuff and exploring the cosmic aspect. Just like we had post-anni.

Exiles - same formula as prior to "xmen die by the sword", a team that explores the multiverse from a non-cosmic perspective, and gets to focus on team dynamic and interesting "what if" scenarios.

riv6672
Not even joking, I haven't read anything here worse than the worst Marvel has given us in the last 2 years.
I have. Here.

Dreampanther
In this scenario, I see Midnighter not so much being subordinate - rather, supportive. He likes Dick, he likes flirting with him because Dick is so obviously straight and secure in his sexuality that the flirting doesn't really bother him. And like I stated, by the time all this starts they have become friends, good enough friends that they are returning from an off-the-books and off-the-radar mission together when Dick gets the news.

So, Midnighter goes with Dick because he is a bit worried about him and because he cares about him, even though he hides it behind typical tough-guy banter.

Well, daaaamn. Look like I have tapped into the Force or something. I haven't read these yet, but it seems like there are writers who have exactly the same idea I have about the growing friendship between Midnighter and Dick Grayson (which I got because I am reading the Grayson series at the moment). These have just moved up to the top of my TBR pile.

https://cdn.bleedingcool.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Midnighter-2015-004-006-e1441230302251-600x573.jpg

https://cdn.bleedingcool.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Midnighter-2015-004-0081-e1441230512765-600x533.jpg

https://cdn.bleedingcool.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Image-21-600x544.jpg

https://cdn.bleedingcool.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Image-20-600x308.jpg

JayDaDon
I have. Here.

I defy you to show me something worse than this.

https://cdn.bleedingcool.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/IMG_00631-600x555.jpg

I'll wait lol

TheOneFirestorm
Marvel
For the character Shocker

It astounds me that persons say he doesn't suffer from bad writing as a chump.
He's way to damn smart to be working for other super villains, he freakin created the suits and the gauntlets in freakin prison also he's a great safe cracker which isn't some piece of cake thing that most persons can do.
That's why it's utterly Asinine to seriously say he doesn't suffer from bad writing or correction terrible writing.

He makes money from extortion of car dealer Buisnesses, and he uses the money for sports gambling on the outcomes of nba, nfl, college football, college basketball, and other team sports games outcomes.
He loans money to adults that work which for him would be 19 years or older, and is a loan shark. They can decline to pay him back so he demolishes his or her car, bike, motorcycle, etc.

His code is obviously he'll loan money to persons only if they have a job, and are 19 years or older.
Also he won't kill or harm physically a person refusing to pay him back still will demolish his or her vehicle. That for the primary purpose to convince them to pay him back.
Also he hates rapists, pedophiles, child molesters, and persons forcing kids to work in porn. So he won't participate in these crimes, and he also won't aid persons involved in these predatory dreadful actions.
He can be shown stopping these dreadful crimes. He's still a super villain but still 1 with obvious standards.

JayDaDon
That reminds me, I'd read a Maria Hill ongoing. She was introduced as a hateful ***** but the character grew on me to the point I'm always happy to see her appear. MUCH less deserving characters have gotten their own books. She's probably sitting on a ton of big secrets, lots of story potential.

TheOneFirestorm
That reminds me, I'd read a Maria Hill ongoing. She was introduced as a hateful ***** but the character grew on me to the point I'm always happy to see her appear. MUCH less deserving characters have gotten their own books. She's probably sitting on a ton of big secrets, lots of story potential.

And with Shocker lots of story potential including why the hell he never pursued a legal job, and why exactly did he choose to become a professional criminal as a living.

The Pict
Originally posted by -Pr-

==

==

I agree with large parts of that. A lot of the stuff from Utopia onwards was just garbage. I'd also have them a minority. I'd never change it. The X-Men were founded on that idea, mutant kind teetering on the brink. If there's millions of them, like there once was, the survival of the race loses all meaning. There's no need for mutant villains as their race is stable and growing.

I think it would take more than one story arc for people to start forgiving anf forgetting what Cyclops has done over the past few years though. Marvel so thoroughly shit all over his character it would take a while for other X-Men and readers to warm to him again.

cdtm
Originally posted by golem370
Who would you write for?, and as for why, type atleast 1 paragraph as your vision of your favorite character's near furture

Superman. I'd lobby for a crossover with Dragon Ball, and have Superman solo the DBZ-verse in one shot.

Then I'd enjoy the fallout from the interwebs.

Scarlet315
Spiderman is my number 1 favorite superhero in comics but one character who was surprisingly good was doc ock as Superior Spiderman. I would just have him exist as his own entity being ock with Pete's memories solving problems which only he can. Amazing spiderman had one of my favorite splash pages of all time where Ock is revamping everything where he's complementing and insulting pete at the same time saying that Pete had moments of genius but held back.

basilisk

True.
But reading this thread, i can see how much worse it could get. Heh, I'm not so not sure a lot of what is in this thread is worse than what has been done in the comics. Imagine if this thread had been done a number of years back and responses had been stuff like:

-I'd kill off or disable all the founding members of the Avengers and replace them with more politically correct versions. When I got rid of Stark, I'd replace him with a young black girl, Pepper Potts, and Dr. Doom.

-I'd destroy the entire Marvel Universe then bring it back mixed in with other universes and have about 10 different versions of Spider-Man running around, including a version of Gwen Stacey with spider powers.

-I'd kill off Wolverine and replace him with a girl and also an alternate universe version of Logan.

-I'd bring the young X-Men from the past into the present and randomly turn Iceman gay just because.

-I'd make such a huge clusterf*** of the X-Universe that I can't even begin to describe it here. But it would be HUGE.

-Remember when they killed off Quasar and replaced him with a lesbian version of Quasar, but it didn't take and then he came back? I'd replace him again but this time with a different lesbian version of Quasar.

-I'd bring back the old version of Superman so there are two versions of Superman and Lois running around. Then I'd make such a complete mess of new Superman I'm forced to kill him off, then replace him with the old Superman so that he no longer has any history or ties to the characters around him, including Supergirl who is no longer really his cousin. Then I'd introduce a third version of Clark Kent and have him running around as well. I'd also give Lois and Lana superpowers and introduce Chinese Superman.

-I'd retcon away Crisis on Infinite Earths, but just do it off-panel and mention it as an afterthought.

-I'd put Bendis on Guardians of the Galaxy

etc, etc

You'd probably think all that sounded bad too but look how it turned out.

-Pr-
This is one that's been kicking around in my head ever since I told Stilt I believed Sabretooth could be sympathetic without compromising the fact that he's a complete and utter ****.

==

The story would start with creed out hunting (he's living in the Canadian wilderness at this point), and he comes across a woman fleeing from weapon x. if it suited the story, she could be to him what x-23 is to logan, but older. from the start, you're setting up weapon x as the villains of the story, so right away you're on creed's side. he saves the woman, takes her to a cave, and they bone. a lot. so you have your bit of "romance" too for those that like that.

The story continues with them being kinda like bonnie and clyde along northern canada, causing all sorts of trouble but doing it as a touchy feely couple. not like, romance, but it would be obvious from early on that she's almost as c**ty as he is, so they're a match for each other.

in the final chapter, weapon x comes back to find her, and there's a big battle scene where they kill the doctor that wanted she-creed back, leaving the two of them alone together finally. they retire to a cabin in the woods, and you can ff from there, maybe five or six months. theyre sitting down to dinner, and everything seems fine until she starts choking. she falls to the floor, and while she's trying to breathe, creed explains that it's been fun, but that it was always going to end this way. he'd also tell her about his poison being able to get around healing factors. she dies there, and creed finishes his dinner, having enjoyed the entertainment.

epilogue:

the scene is creed burying the body out back, and he takes a certain care when doing it. he wraps her up and gently places the body in the ground. he takes the chain he'd stolen for her from a jewellery store, kisses the gem, and then puts it on the homemade cross he uses to mark the grave. the part that im not sure about though, is that whether the last panel should be a pan out to show that there's an entire field of crosses, like a cemetery. the implication would be that even if creed tries to make a life for himself, his nature will always win out in the end.

xJLxKing
I always wanted to say Superman with the idea that he goes ape shit crazy and starts to turn on the other heroes. Now we got injustice so that's pretty much gone.

I'm a huge fan on Constantine, probably my 2nd favorite character in comics. I'd like to see him in a more unnatural setting with the JL fighting on enemies that are more brutes than magical. I have read too much on the older comics of Constance/Sandman..etc but I can't recall many instance of him fighting things like Superman. I'm a sucker for stories that start with "X days in the future" and the character starting with a line that is something like, "I bet you're wonder how I ended up here". We'd then see Darkseid staring down on Constantine bloodied.

it's be awesome, i think

riv6672
I defy you to show me something worse than this.

https://cdn.bleedingcool.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/IMG_00631-600x555.jpg

I'll wait lol

http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/12/01/marvel-announces-world-war-hulk-ii

Damborgson
After Jane's death, Thor picks up Mjolnir again. The world looks on in awe at the return of the one true Thor. Lightning streaks across the sky as a familiar feeling courses through Thor, remembering every battle he ever fought with Mjolnir in hand, every kill, every sacrifice.

Thor puts his hand on Mjolnir. Resting it, as if resting on the shoulder of a good friend. Then -crunch- . Thors fingers dig into Mjolnirs surface. He pulls hard, ripping it apart. The energies of Mjolnir begin to spill outwards, but Thor restrains them with will alone. He chokes the mother storm with his overwhelming godly aura, making it submit, to be a part of him. When the wind settles, Thors appearance has changed. His skin seethess, power leaking out of his eyes, his fists glowing with power to break galaxies. The mother storm whimpers as it bends to the will of God.

Thor opens a portal, he knows not where, he knows only it will take him somewhere he needs to go. His new kingdom.

On the other side of the portal...a man in blue, with a symbol of hope on his chest and a red cape at his back is awestruck.

Thor has discovered his first herald.

I'd also love to write Spiderman.

krisblaze
Bruh...

Damborgson
laughing out loud Wait till you get a load of me, Pak.

deathslash
Originally posted by Damborgson
After Jane's death, Thor picks up Mjolnir again. The world looks on in awe at the return of the one true Thor. Lightning streaks across the sky as a familiar feeling courses through Thor, remembering every battle he ever fought with Mjolnir in hand, every kill, every sacrifice.

Thor puts his hand on Mjolnir. Resting it, as if resting on the shoulder of a good friend. Then -crunch- . Thors fingers dig into Mjolnirs surface. He pulls hard, ripping it apart. The energies of Mjolnir begin to spill outwards, but Thor restrains them with will alone. He chokes the mother storm with his overwhelming godly aura, making it submit, to be a part of him. When the wind settles, Thors appearance has changed. His skin seethess, power leaking out of his eyes, his fists glowing with power to break galaxies. The mother storm whimpers as it bends to the will of God.

Thor opens a portal, he knows not where, he knows only it will take him somewhere he needs to go. His new kingdom.

On the other side of the portal...a man in blue, with a symbol of hope on his chest and a red cape at his back is awestruck.

Thor has discovered his first herald.

I'd also love to write Spiderman. laughing I would pay so much to see this get made.

krisblaze
Thor def needs to return to space though.

krisblaze
Building on what I said earlier there are a group of "pseudo-core" titles that Marvel need.

They really do need a good x-student book. That's a good way to hook younger readers and it ensures a steady flow of new characters.

They also need a high-stakes book like uncanny x-force or exiles. A book where you can sate the need for what ifs, random matchups and rotate some of the characters on the roster to keep it from growing stale.

You also want a book that lets you explore the cosmos and weird things. Like the old FF books, Dr.Strange and Thor/Surfer. I guess we have the ultimates but it's so hesvily politicized that it completely alienates the target audience of such a book.

Evanuris
It would be Lifebringer Galactus. I would made him fight against Lady Death. He would be like "Just chillin' in a distant galaxy, swimming in the space on my back, restoring some worlds from time to time...Yeah, I'am cool...". Suddenly, Death appears and is willing to sort some abstract antithesis issues out.
D: My brother, my father, my son, my husband! Your shine blinds me!
LBG: My sister, my mother, my daughter, my wife, what brought you here?
D: You...

There goes Death asking him about what does he think of himself, how does he position himself and what are his plans. She tells about how she was opposing Eternity and Oblivion was opposing Infinity. Since Infinity is missing and Multiverse is represented by Eternity alone (also meaning he is now representing spatial concept too), she thinks that now she opposes Galactus. After a while, their dialogue ends and Death, reacting to Galactus' replies, furiously attacks Galan, causing the death of tens of universes. Galan instantly restores them. He sees Death isn't willing to listen and can be reasoned only via fight. He teleports them into superflow, separated. Death has realized she can distract Galan by destroying universes around. Galan, anticipating this, takes some time to prepare a battle arena of the size of tens of universes, making it look just like another bunch of already existing universes. He lets Lady Death find him, exits superflow, luring Death into the arena...To be continued.

Facee
I'd write Thor as a man. no expression

Philosophía
I'd create a new character, called Roofie Man, with the power to summon magical pills of delusion.

I'd have him go to one of Asgard's bars, wait until Thor goes for a drink, and slip a magical pill in his beer.

Due to the magical content of the roofie, after falling asleep, he dreams that..

As he does, he's getting plowed in the ass in the shed at the back, in a double page spread.

Prof. T.C McAbe

Bentley
I'd write a fun story about Kang facing the Avengers by setting them up against a Starro-like opponent.

Damborgson

Bentley
Plotwist: Phil was hired by Marvel to write Thor.

Damborgson
.....was he?

Bentley
Don't worry, the plots will be rewriten to continue to aggravate the X-men lore.

cdtm
I'd pitch a crossover between DC and Dragon Ball, and feature the definitive Superman vs Goku event. Then I'd script out a logical, concise, completely realistic scenerio where two aliens fly around Morrison's "meta-verse", complete with cameo's from Arale, Lobo, Bobobo, and Mask trying to outtoon each other, Bibbo taking Zeno over his knee for misbehaving, and Toriyama-Bot and Grant Morrison avatar having a deep discussion about environmental shite as multiverses explode around them.

staxamillion
Originally posted by krisblaze
There are so many titles that need to be revisited.

Nova - we should have a book where he goes around solving stuff and exploring the cosmic aspect. Just like we had post-anni.

Exiles - same formula as prior to "xmen die by the sword", a team that explores the multiverse from a non-cosmic perspective, and gets to focus on team dynamic and interesting "what if" scenarios.

this is what the people want

Flyattractor
No it isnt.

leonidas
i think i would write about the adventures of galan the scientist/explorer in the universe prior to ours, before he became galactus. i would have a whole new universe to play with, could dry some cool parallels the series could eventually head towards the collapse of the universe.

also did some fan fic with an alternate version of sinister in the mid 1800's, and am working on finishing a western piece with phantom rider and black mask and a few others as they face off against varnae. i think there could be a niche for really well told western stories still. the era is ripe for story telling.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.