Screw it I'll do it

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Facee
Aquaman vs. Wolverine

Random encounter in N.Y.C

No by standers, no trident for AM

-Pr-
No trident at all? Tsk tsk.

riv6672
Yeah, without a trident Aquaman will have to beat Wolverine with his bare hands.
He's like class 90-100.
He should manhandle Wolvie fairly easy:
http://i.imgur.com/eignl8e.jpg

StiltmanFTW
Pre-Fatal Attractions Wolverine. And Sasquatch during that time was uber af:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-YVspVK3bpzA/Tzf1nXX3TWI/AAAAAAAACXU/W5lrV9A8gmA/s1600/x-men%2B120%2Bsasquatch%2Bplane%2Btoss.jpg

Flyattractor
IF it gets into H2H ranges, Artie can take Cy and Storm down easy. Wolvie would only survive to HF powered up by his fanboy aura.

ShadowFyre
In a real fight, Arther would be able to pick up any object he wanted and throw it at hypersonic speeds and it would knock Logan tfo

riv6672
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Pre-Fatal Attractions Wolverine. And Sasquatch during that time was uber af:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-YVspVK3bpzA/Tzf1nXX3TWI/AAAAAAAACXU/W5lrV9A8gmA/s1600/x-men%2B120%2Bsasquatch%2Bplane%2Btoss.jpg

Thank you for agreeing with me; Aquaman would make that plane his *****. smile

Philosophía
Wolverine 7/10.

A brick with no healing factor, no range abilities, durability unable to withstand the claws and no high-end super speed doesn't really have business getting a majority over Wolverine. Aquaman has gotten impaled, cut and hurt by anything from harpoons, claws, bullets. Anybody saying he stands a chance against Wolverine's claws is delusional.

The only change is if he knocks out Wolverine before he does severe damage - and you'd need high-end Aquaman portrayals for that. If you want to with high-end portrayals for Wolverine , Aquaman is dead.

We'll see how Aquaman's telepathy develops, but as of now, he is in a losing fight.

carver9
What Philo said. Wolverine could win this almost every time. Every single time to be honest. He can withstand Author strength, he has the speed and agility to overwhelm Author and he has the claws to finish this quick. Don't see how anyone can vote against him.

leonidas
logan wins a majority, like he does against most one dimensional bricks. assuming this is the classic version of logan, it's exactly what he was designed to do.

riv6672
I'll go with the guy who can survive the below and keep fighting. (New 52):
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11112/111124701/3561351-aquaman+%2325+-+page+12.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11112/111124701/3561354-aquaman+%2325+-+page+15.jpg

As the (unquotable) Phil mentioned (and dismissed for no real reason), AQ still has telepathy to fall back on, too, though i dont think he'd need it. (Post Crisis; AQ has only gotten more, not less, powerful since the reboot):
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/103530/2409348-1.png

iceman24567
Logan turns Aquaman into chopped sushi

DarkSaint85
He can still throw things.

Battlefield is NYC. No bystanders. If he can lift a cruise ship, he can lift a small car (and multiple ones).

Long range weaponry is...pretty much anything he can get a hold of. Lamp posts become de facto tridents.

ShadowFyre
Exactly, if you can lift a cruise ship you can throw something fast and hard enough that Logan cant do shit but get knocked out.

deathslash
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

Battlefield is NYC. No bystanders. If he can lift a cruise ship, he can lift a small car (and multiple ones).

Long range weaponry is...pretty much anything he can get a hold of. Lamp posts become de facto tridents. that is of course assuming the storms lightning or cyclops energy beams won't destroy what he's throwing before it reaches Logan.

riv6672
If he can lift a cruise ship, he can lift a small car

Originally posted by ShadowFyre
if you can lift a cruise ship you can throw something fast

https://media.giphy.com/media/3RsRSN8jpfNJu/giphy.gif

riv6672
Originally posted by deathslash
that is of course assuming the storms lightning or cyclops energy beams won't destroy what he's throwing before it reaches Logan.
You're in the wrong thread, guy:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t639794.html

carver9
Originally posted by deathslash
that is of course assuming the storms lightning or cyclops energy beams won't destroy what he's throwing before it reaches Logan.

Wrong thread and tossing things at Logan isn't going to do anything and it's out of character for Aquaman. Has he thrown anything since DCNU? Wolverine kills him.

riv6672
Seriously?
Thats your big argument? Has he thrown anything?!? laughing mfao!!!!

carver9
Originally posted by riv6672
Seriously?
Thats your big argument? Has he thrown anything?!? laughing mfao!!!!

My argument is, he enjoys going fist cuff. It's what he does. I wouldn't say Hulk would thunderclap the entire match until his opponent is out. Can he do it, yes but will he do it throughout an entire battle, NO because it's out of character.

Cogito

Long range weaponry is...pretty much anything he can get a hold of. Lamp posts become de facto tridents.

This.

Arthur is not a supergenius, but he's no idiot either. and in character I wouldn't say he has any particular fighting style, but it certainly wouldn't be that of a dumbass brawler who would intentionally close the gap with Logan. If anything, Arthur is aware of and makes better use of his environment in a fight than just about anyone.

ShadowFyre
So throwing a bus at Wolverine wouldnt do anything?

riv6672
Originally posted by carver9
My argument is, he enjoys going fist cuff. It's what he does. I wouldn't say Hulk would thunderclap the entire match until his opponent is out. Can he do it, yes but will he do it throughout an entire battle, NO because it's out of character.
Phrasing it this way, you're still wrong, BUT, it doesnt sound as brutally stupid as the first time around.
Next time just take a beat...and post the wrong response that will invite the least ridicule.

ShadowFyre
Arthur could literally grab chunks of concrete out of the ground and throw them like hypersonic snowballs. Logan doesent get knocked out usually due to pis

-Pr-

Posts like this prove you don't know **** about Aquaman's character.

leonidas
i assumed a standard ring-style battle. in a city environment am def has a better chance. i don't see this being much different from logan fighting namor tbh and he has done well against namor in the past. tp wouldn't be a great choice here either as logan has some of the best tp defenses out there--and if this is current arthur, as i thought, tp is out the window anyway.

in a city am can get a majority, depending on the showings you want to use to support logan. in a ring-style match up am gets gutted far more times than not imo.

Philosophía

Assuming the fan fiction of Aquaman swinging cars holds true, which goes against how he has faced similar characters to Wolverine in combat since New 52, how would they be effective against somebody who can take Class 100 hits and keep going, on top of being agile and fast as hell?

Are thrown cars more potent than hits from Hulk?

DarkSaint85
We can go by lamp posts being used as a trident (as new 52 is sooo wedded to his, if we want to go by strict artwork). Seeing as the leap of logic to throw things is too far.

I mean, I'm not half a warrior that Arthur is portrayed to be, but I'd still think to throw a car. Or two. Or three, NYC seems full of them.

Are they more effective than the Hulk? Yes. Because pinning Logan under one, then two, then three 1 ton cars would immobilise him better than the Hulk's hand (which has caught him many a time).

Or, just run him through with a post which is being wielded like a trident. One not enough? Add another. And another.

For all the talk about his love of fisticuffs, of the JLA, he along with WW sure seem to be carrying their weapons a lot of the time.

Philosophía
We can go by lamp posts being used as a trident (as new 52 is sooo wedded to his, if we want to go by strict artwork). Seeing as the leap of logic to throw things is too far. So he's going to randomly rip a lamp post, because he doesn't have his trident? Ok. Let's go with this.

He swings it, Wolverine dodges it and cuts the highly durable lamp post in pieces.
Or he gets hit, cuts it into pieces, and continues the fight.

Now what? Will Wolverine wait until Arthur rips out a lamp post and do it again?
Will he simply stab Arthur in the heart, or is that an alternate fan fiction?

I mean, I'm not half a warrior that Arthur is portrayed to be, but I'd still think to throw a car. Or two. Or three, NYC seems full of them.

Are they more effective than the Hulk? Yes. Because pinning Logan under one, then two, then three 1 ton cars would immobilise him better than the Hulk's hand (which has caught him many a time). Is Logan going to stand there, while Aquaman randomly picks a car, puts on him, then another?

Is this before or after he rips out the lamp post, thinking it's equivalent to his trident?
Is the fight stipulation that Wolverine is stationary?
Can Wolverine attack?
Can Wolverine dodge?

For all the talk about his love of fisticuffs, of the JLA, he along with WW sure seem to be carrying their weapons a lot of the time. In the thread he doesn't have the weapon. He has engaged people that have stabbed and hurt him in close range. I guess he's too stupid to pick random objects from around him, right?

Him fashioning a trident out of lamp post because he lacks one is a hilarious thought, though.

DarkSaint85
Agreed that in this thread he has no weapon.

Except people are arguing that he will only ever display the behaviour he has displayed in comics.

He has never thrown things, therefore he won't throw things.

So the point being made is that if he's so slavishly devoted to his depiction, unable to change his behaviour, then yes, he's making erstwhile tridents and pinning things. Because apparently, he's unable to change his behaviour.

Sure, Wolverine is fast, but the strength required to lift cruise ships when applied to a car makes it pretty fast. Would it tag? Prob yes, prob not.

But to say he doesn't have long range weapons is false.

carver9
Lol... reading some of the quotes. I'm...lost...for...words. I don't have to intervene because Philo is killing it.

DarkSaint85
thumb up Thanks for proving my point.

Apparently, we have to disregard character when discussing fights.

Sure, Aqua man isn't exactly Batman or WW in fighting skills. But apparently, 'throwing something' when even cavemen were doing it, is out of the question. Because we have never seen art depicting him do it.

Moreover, re read my posts. Never said who would win. Merely that to say there were no long range options is false.

-Pr-
Sure, Aqua man isn't exactly Batman or WW in fighting skills. But apparently, 'throwing something' when even cavemen were doing it, is out of the question. Because we have never seen art depicting him do it.

Preboot we did at least three times. Unless you knew that and are being sarcastic.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by riv6672
Thank you for agreeing with me; Aquaman would make that plane his *****. smile

Modern Logan took Walter's punches just fine.

Read comics, rivia.

Philosophía
Agreed that in this thread he has no weapon.

Except people are arguing that he will only ever display the behaviour he has displayed in comics.

He has never thrown things, therefore he won't throw things. You're arguing very specific things that don't hold under scrutiny. Furthermore, even if you are reasonable and you assume that in half of the fights Aquaman manages to tag Wolverine with the lampost/car, and then you go further and assume that in half of those cases it actually gets him a win somehow , that still doesn't give Aquaman even close to the majority.

So the point being made is that if he's so slavishly devoted to his depiction, unable to change his behaviour, then yes, he's making erstwhile tridents and pinning things. Because apparently, he's unable to change his behaviour.

Sure, Wolverine is fast, but the strength required to lift cruise ships when applied to a car makes it pretty fast. Would it tag? Prob yes, prob not.

But to say he doesn't have long range weapons is false.

Aquaman spitting on him is also a range weapon, and about as effective as it would be to throw cars at somebody who has taken hits from class 100s.

I'm trying to have you walk me through the fight as you would see it.. You're just randomly spewing shit like "Uhh...lampost because it looks like a trident. Uhhhh...throwing cars".

The only somewhat feasible tactic is Aquaman managing to drop a car on top of Wolverine. Assuming he hits a combat ready, highly agile moving around Wolverine with perfect timing, and Wolverine is somehow in a very specific position that he won't be able to move/slash his way out of the car, in no way is that even close to portraying the majority of the fights.

It's a random, very specific scenario that ventures in the realm of fan fiction because you feel obligated to find a way for Aquaman to win. And that is completely disingenuous.

-Pr-
KMC isn't letting me PM Philo now. Or maybe he just doesn't like me... sad

DarkSaint85
thumb up

To say he is going to only punch and kick, despite having general knowledge of Wolverine, and seeing the foot long knives on each hand, is, frankly, a massive lowball of his intelligence.

Moreover, he's surrounded by all manner of objects, with no civilians around. I'm not exactly arguing that he'll suddenly become Bullseye, lol.

Philosophía
Originally posted by -Pr-
KMC isn't letting me PM Philo now. Or maybe he just doesn't like me... sad Goddamn it. I know, I had problems with other people.

mail until I get this fixed/Raz: [email protected]

DarkSaint85
Philo, see my post about who wins. So eager were you to jump on me, you forgot to read the part where I said Aquaman wins, or that he wins due to lamp posts.

Wait, its because I never said that. I only said he had ranged options.

Randomly spewing? All I said was he was in NYC, surrounded by all manner of objects. Some of which were pole shaped, and analagous to tridents (IF we were following carver's logic of him only knowing how to fight a certain way).

Least you have carver on your side, all lubed up, you star quarterback you stick out tongue

Philosophía
Philo, see my post about who wins. So eager were you to jump on me, you forgot to read the part where I said Aquaman wins, or that he wins due to lamp posts.

Wait, its because I never said that. I only said he had ranged options.

Least you have carver on your side, all lubed up, you star quarterback you stick out tongue I have carver on ignore, I didn't know.

I thought you were implying he wins, my bad. stick out tongue

Notice I gave Aquaman 3/10 for exactly the type of out-of-regular scenarios that you're talking about.

-Pr-

Philosophía
lol will do. Probably later, but still. It's my 'dummy mail so nobody will search me on facebook' account.

StiltmanFTW
KMC isn't letting me PM Philo now. Or maybe he just doesn't like me... sad

It's this special"i" he has. Ever since the server move, it's been impossible to pm him.

StiltmanFTW
lol will do. Probably later, but still.

Hey, Mr. Mod. Don't be shy. Tell him what you feel.

leonidas
logan is a tough character to argue for or against because he has some pretty wide-ranging showings. if you use his better feats, he guts arthur for a heavy majority even in a city setting. in general, i'd say a split in the city is close to right, but he has some lesser showings to indicate arthur could beat him more often than not. logan is a mixed bag at times.

carver9
Logan also have a PHD for going for eye attacks. He would do this right away which would turn the fight in his favor.

DarkSaint85
@philo: That's alright, I reckon most of the forum have carver on ignore anyway. It does help a lot.

riv6672
What an awesome thread read.

DS, its fun debating differing opinions with you. Its even MORE fun not having to do it.

abhilegend
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
It's this special"i" he has. Ever since the server move, it's been impossible to pm him.
Remove it and put a normal "i" into his user name and you can send PM to him just fine.

-Pr-
Originally posted by abhilegend
Remove it and put a normal "i" into his user name and you can send PM to him just fine.

Yeah I did that earlier and it seemed to work.

Flyattractor
Logan also have a PHD for going for eye attacks. He would do this right away which would turn the fight in his favor.

I don't recall seeing Little Jimmy do that kind of attack in the comics very much?

Or is this just happening in Carver's head?

krisblaze
Im the only one who thinks Arthur kills him

Flyattractor
Originally posted by krisblaze

Nah. I think Arthur should be able to kill him, it is just that it would never happen in the comics due to Little Jimmy's Fanboy Aura.

DarkSaint85
Wolverine has been kicked across the world into another country and tanked it...

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/125995/2399938-1594795-wolverine___gorgon_2_super.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/125995/2399939-1594796-wolverine___gorgon_3_super.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/125995/2399940-1594797-wolverine___gorgon_4_super.jpg

Good scans. Aqua man throws him to the next state.

But wait, I hear you cry. Arthur doesn't do that!!!

General knowledge. He knows Wolverine has the most insane HF this side of Hulk/Deadpool, has six foot long knives that are indestructible, and has gone up against bricks stronger than him.

Full capacity. Aquaman isn't an idiot.

He punts Logan away for a BFR win. Can Logan evade him? Potentially not, especially as Logan's only hope is to get in close.

-Pr-

In all honesty, Arthur should kill him.

The toughest brick Logan should have any chance of beating is someone like Thing or Colossus, imo. When you start talking about cutting Thor or stabbing Gladiator, I consider that to be in the same bracket as Batman beating the JLA or dodging heat vision: Plot armour/PIS.

Someone like Arthur or Namor shouldn't be invincible against him, sure, but they shouldn't have too much trouble beating him either.

Unpopular opinion or not, that's me.

Facee
In all honesty, Arthur should kill him.

The toughest brick Logan should have any chance of beating is someone like Thing or Colossus, imo. When you start talking about cutting Thor or stabbing Gladiator, I consider that to be in the same bracket as Batman beating the JLA or dodging heat vision: Plot armour/PIS.

Someone like Arthur or Namor shouldn't be invincible against him, sure, but they shouldn't have too much trouble beating him either.

Unpopular opinion or not, that's me.
http://turboimage.info/up/9f7b1601899f41e77e2deed88ce4e5e4.png

JayDaDon
Wow a rare clean KO

ShadowFyre

No your not. There is two of us not jacking Logan off right now.

leonidas
lol

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by JayDaDon
Wow a rare clean KO

Not clean. Rogue fastball special'd Logan into Thing a page before that, dazing him in the process.

It was before his hf upgrade, too.

Deadline
Aquaman wins. He's not just a brick he has superhuman speed and fighting skills, he's also got armour which could help reduce damage of claws.

StiltmanFTW
lol vin

Never change, Phantom stick out tongue

TethAdamTheRock
Originally posted by iceman24567
Logan turns Aquaman into chopped sushi http://www.harusushi.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/sushi_and_sashimi_for_two.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.