Wrong Turn franchise (2003-2014)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Patient_Leech
So I watched the first one from 2003 the other day and rather enjoyed it. It's schlock, I know, but I find these sorts of horror/thrillers engaging, plus hot women. This one was particularly fun because it had an element or two of action/adventure also.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-IfUsN-cGzkY/TnaTe324I4I/AAAAAAAACv0/dwf-ZSA7H3M/s1600/wrongturn022ck8.png

So I turned on the sequel, and not even 5 minutes in it got so campy and retarded that I couldn't take it. I think I watched about 10 or 12 minutes and it just kept getting worse and worse so I stopped. How the f#ck did this series get a total of 6 films after that 2nd one??

I guess my question is: if anyone else has seen more of the sequels are any of the others worth messing with? Are any of the others more like the first film?

Also, if anyone knows of any other good, trashy horror films like this let me know. I've seen The Hills Have Eyes remake and it was pretty good. I haven't seen the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake yet, but I thought the original sucked.

steverules_2
Texas chainsaw massacre remake isn't too bad, it's not as...bizarre I guess, as the original

Adam Grimes
They're still superior to the lame The Hills Have Eyes.

Ascendancy
Texas Chainsaw remake was actually a pretty good movie. The original...

The Hills Have Eyes just seemed like an excuse for lots of gore and rape. Everything about it was bad.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Ascendancy

The worst thing about the ORG TCM was the Teens. They were a pretty not likable group. Especially the character in the wheelchair. I literally cheered when he died.

I def prefer the remakes, and I will say the remake Prequel is the best of the two.

All the others are crap thou.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
They're still superior to the lame The Hills Have Eyes. Originally posted by Ascendancy
The Hills Have Eyes just seemed like an excuse for lots of gore and rape. Everything about it was bad.

It's been a while since I saw it, but oddly enough I actually sort of enjoyed it... what about the sequel? And is the original The Hills Have Eyes any good?

Originally posted by Flyattractor
The worst thing about the ORG TCM was the Teens. They were a pretty not likable group. Especially the character in the wheelchair. I literally cheered when he died.

Yeah, I hated the original. You didn't give a crap at all about any of the characters and it was just dumb. Don't understand the hype. I guess for the time it was sort of shocking, but now it's just horrible.

Originally posted by Ascendancy
Originally posted by Flyattractor
I def prefer the remakes, and I will say the remake Prequel is the best of the two.

All the others are crap thou.

Cool, I'll definitely check out the remakes, then. I was gonna watch the 2003 one at least anyway.. two words: Jessica Biel...

http://img.wennermedia.com/article-leads-vertical-300/1300117652_jessica-biel-402.jpg

riv6672
I've watched all the WT movies, for various reasons, and the first was the shlicky best.

The Hills Have Eyes always creeped me out because i've had to drive through/do training in that isolated part of the country.

The Texas Chainsaw remake, i actually found superior to the original.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by riv6672
I've watched all the WT movies, for various reasons, and the first was the shlicky best.

The first was actually quite good... what the hell happened to the rest??

riv6672
They quickly went the self parody route, and the inbreds were eventually demoted to extras in their own movies.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by riv6672
They quickly went the self parody route...

Ugh! Exactly! Not even 5 minutes into the 2nd one and it was terrible. Just annoying because it presented itself as a promising series after the first film. They need to reboot...

Patient_Leech
Just watched The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2003 remake. thumb up

Not perfect, but much better than the original and not just because of Jessica Biel... holy lord she is faptastic, though...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-dF02JsW9QL8/UG3Q5_a19UI/AAAAAAAANpc/7Wk6eYXoCzI/s1600/The-Texas-Chainsaw-Massacre-2003-jessica-biel-guy-in-wheelchair.jpg

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
It's been a while since I saw it, but oddly enough I actually sort of enjoyed it... what about the sequel? And is the original The Hills Have Eyes any good?

Yeah, I hated the original. You didn't give a crap at all about any of the characters and it was just dumb. Don't understand the hype. I guess for the time it was sort of shocking, but now it's just horrible.

Cool, I'll definitely check out the remakes, then. I was gonna watch the 2003 one at least anyway.. two words: Jessica Biel...

http://img.wennermedia.com/article-leads-vertical-300/1300117652_jessica-biel-402.jpg

Oh Fuggin A that Jessica Beil... Muhhhhahahahah!

But the TCM OG got better once it was just the last survivor girl and the Family only. TCM2 is way more fun tho.

Dr Will Hatch
Monster Man. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0365513/

Underrated horror comedy.

Dr Will Hatch
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Just watched The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2003 remake. thumb up

Not perfect, but much better than the original and not just because of Jessica Biel... holy lord she is faptastic, though...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-dF02JsW9QL8/UG3Q5_a19UI/AAAAAAAANpc/7Wk6eYXoCzI/s1600/The-Texas-Chainsaw-Massacre-2003-jessica-biel-guy-in-wheelchair.jpg

Better than the original? No way!

riv6672
Way.

Kazenji
I remember watching the first Wrong Turn and liking it, Sounds like 2nd movie is even better going by the way it was received by the movie critics

Tucker & Dale vs. Evil is another good movie, It parodies movie's such as Wrong Turn.

steverules_2
For ages I didn't know there's a scene during the credits for wrong turn

riv6672
I didnt know the 3 fingered inbred also played Death in Supernatural for the longest time.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Kazenji
I remember watching the first Wrong Turn and liking it, Sounds like 2nd movie is even better going by the way it was received by the movie critics

You can't go by the RT scores because Wrong Turn 2 doesn't have very many reviews...

Wrong Turn - 41% (78 total reviews)
Wrong Turn 2 - 78% (9 total revews)

The first one is good fun. But I couldn't make it past 10 or 12 minutes of Wrong Turn 2... maybe it gets better, I dunno.. but I don't see how. It was awful. Oh, this guy does say the second half gets better...

Adam Grimes
I kind of liked WT3 (I think?), the one with Leon S. Kennedy as protagonist. The ending though lmao.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
I kind of liked WT3 (I think?), the one with Leon S. Kennedy as protagonist.

I don't see a Leon Kennedy on WT3 or any of the other WT films... confused

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.