Suicide Squad 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Patient_Leech
Hahaha... They are eyeing Mel Gibson to direct. Wow... now that would be a truly wacky turn of events...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/warner-bros-courts-mel-gibson-suicide-squad-sequel-974436

Flyattractor
At least Mel knows how to make a FUN and Violent Movie.

steverules_2
Weirdly enough...I think he could pull it off...

Patient_Leech
DC might get their first good movie.. lol

I wonder if he would do it PG-13, bc I doubt they'd let him do it R.

Didn't he turn down the role in Thor?

-Pr-
David Ayer was considered a pretty good director too. I can't see this being any good, unless they're going to change some of the fundamental things that were wrong with how Suicide Squad handled the characters.

Zack M
Gibson won't sign unless he gets complete control.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Zack M
Gibson won't sign unless he gets complete control.

This. And I doubt they will give anyone complete control.

Because they'll want to butt in and make it like Guardians of the Galaxy for no reason and have nothing make any fu#king sense.

BruceSkywalker
he will use this for his own propaganda...

well bye bye dceu. it was nice knowing you

Inhuman
Good director but he knows nothing of the source material. On the other hand last Suicide Squad didn't follow the source material either.
Also Gibson shit on BvS so this is a starnge desperate move by Warner Bros.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
he will use this for his own propaganda...

well bye bye dceu. it was nice knowing you

You say that as if it would be a BAD thing!?

quanchi112
laughing out loud

Zack M
Originally posted by Inhuman
Good director but he knows nothing of the source material. On the other hand last Suicide Squad didn't follow the source material either.
Also Gibson shit on BvS so this is a starnge desperate move by Warner Bros.

How didn't the SS follow the source material? Ostrander pointed out that Ayer followed certain characters to a T. Plus, Ayer's story was a typical story from a SS comic.

Kazenji
Mel Gibson is only one of a couple of director's WB's is eyeing, The other's that i've read are Ruben Fleischer & Jonathan Levine.

-Pr-
How didn't the SS follow the source material? Ostrander pointed out that Ayer followed certain characters to a T. Plus, Ayer's story was a typical story from a SS comic.

The Joker and Harley dynamic for starters.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by -Pr-
The Joker and Harley dynamic for starters.

Not in suicide squad they weren't.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Not in suicide squad they weren't.

Harley is with the recent books.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Kazenji

If you can stand that over hyperized female fan girl crap.

Kazenji
Not talking about her own book

i'm talking about the recent Suicide Squad books, Dumbo

Flyattractor
Not talking about her own book

i'm talking about the recent Suicide Squad books, Dumbo

Yeah. I have been meaning to pick up that title now that it has my fav character in it....but of course doing that means buying tons of books I don't really WANT to buy....cause Comics aint CHEAP no MORE!

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Inhuman
Good director but he knows nothing of the source material.

Obviously you're waiting for that pic of Gibson holding a pile of SS comics with the caption, "Always been a big fan since childhood."

Like every actor or director who found themselves involved in a superhero movie. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Obviously you're waiting for that pic of Gibson holding a pile of SS comics with the caption, "Always been a big fan since childhood."

Like every actor or director who found themselves involved in a superhero movie. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Haha... better to have a great filmmaker who is less familiar with the comics than a shit filmmaker who is very familiar with the comics. Because no doubt the great filmmaker is capable of reading and besides, film and comics are very different media. But alas it doesn't matter, because it's highly unlikely that someone of the caliber of Mel Gibson is going to do this shit because like Zack said, he requires complete control.

Inhuman
Originally posted by Esau Cairn

If he knows the source materials or not isn't really the main issue here.
The issue here is that he recently shit on DC and Warner Brothers by saying he hates these type of movies and thinks they are garbage.
He also stated that he doesn't understand how they can just throw around these massive budgets to these films.
Gibson's best movies have been passion projects. Movies he genuinely wanted to make. Braveheart, Apocalypto, Passion of the Christ, Hacksaw Ridge.

It's stupidly obvious if he decides to do this it will be because he wants a quick paycheck. Not because of genuine interest. I don't see him invested as he has been in his passion projects. Pouring his heart and soul in to them, you know the main reason why those movies were good in the first place..
And doesn't matter how much Gibson doesn't like to be pushed around he will be to a point. Gibson has to follow the events of the first one. He has to follow whatever has been going on with the DCEU. He has to add things connecting to other movies.
There's no fuking way that he's going to make a Stand Alone movie that does not connect or reference any other movies in the DCEU.
Specially that it's a sequel to Suicide Squad. Not just a property that can be a stand alone.

Zack M

Harley was spot on, imo.

Ridley_Prime
HuInuXUWCBo

I regret nothing.

Patient_Leech
I hope Killer Croc watches more BET in the sequel, and I hope it's more integral to the plot this time. That would be awesome.

tkitna
Wasnt one SS movie enough?

Robtard
Yeah, first wasn't very good and with sequels generally being lesser, this doesn't bode well. Hopefully they're able to pull something off.

Inhuman
Originally posted by tkitna

WB Executives saw that teens loved Nu-Joker and Harley and how well the Halloween costumes sold and they are rushing to make another one to bank on the same audience.

Surtur
Originally posted by tkitna

It's an academy award winning film, so no.

tkitna
Originally posted by Surtur
It's an academy award winning film, so no.

laughing out loud Yeah that white paint and red lipstick took a real Picasso.

Patient_Leech
So apparently they are having a hard time holding down a director for this sequel...

http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/07/31/suicide-squad-2-loses-director-juame-collet-serra/

Darth Thor
^ So what's new with the DCEU?

Flyattractor
Harley was spot on, imo.

Best Harley bit was Batman full out punching her in the face.
Loved that part.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Best Harley bit was Batman full out punching her in the face.
Loved that part.

Misogynistic *******.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Misogynistic *******.

Yes. That is exactly what Harley has become in the Modern Era,
and that is why I enjoyed seeing her get punched right in the face.

Zack M
Report: SUICIDE SQUAD 2 Director Found From Affleck's THE ACCOUNTANT

Nice. I really enjoyed The Accountant/Warrior.

Kazenji
Hoping WB's looks at the first one and looks at where they ****ed up with it and fixes things up for the sequel

but i doubt it.

Flyattractor
This is the WB so yeah...that AINT gonna happen.

Darth Thor
Report: SUICIDE SQUAD 2 Director Found From Affleck's THE ACCOUNTANT

Nice. I really enjoyed The Accountant/Warrior.

Not seen Warrior, but loved The Accountant.

Zack M
Warrior is a LOT better. Check it out. Accountant was good too.

quanchi112
Dceu is such a trainwreck of misfits.

Surtur
I look forward to the sequel of this academy award winning film thumb up

Darth Thor
laughing out loud

BruceSkywalker
lol. he will bolt out of there sometime in the future

omgchos
no god please no
no
no
nooooooooooooo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.