Who would RotS Kenobi fare better against?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kurk
In sabers only

Mace or Dooku?

DarthAnt66
I would say they'd be equally ineffective for their own reasons, but I'd side with Windu by virtue of being more skilled than Dooku as per Gillard.

TenebrousWay
Kenobi defensive style seems to be more suited to Mace's aggressive style.

TheNuisanceBird
I'd argue Kenobi could possibly outlast Dooku in sabers only. This is tough.

Rockydonovang
dooku because
dooku's in depth knowledge of ataru which is keobi 's only means of victory

Kurk
I'd think Mace would tire himself much faster with his aggressive, all-out style than Dooku who's Makashi is also pretty defensive when compared with Soresu.

Also, is there evidence that Mace is skilled in the art of exploiting individual forms like Dooku?

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Kurk
I'd think Mace would tire himself much faster with his aggressive, all-out style than Dooku who's Makashi is also pretty defensive when compared with Soresu.
Like Anakin did? erm

Kurk
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Like Anakin did? erm Vaapad is more aggressive than Djem So and Mace is 50 some years old.

DarthAnt66
Anakin's Djem So is more offensive and dominating than Windu's Vaapad. erm

Rockydonovang
Anakin's Djem So is more offensive and dominating than Windu's Vaapad. erm
Anakin is
a. a superior duelist
b. is more powerful and hence has better force reserves
c.is physically above mace and unlike mace can break kenobi's guard purely by virtue of strength

DarthAnt66
I'm not sure what your asking, since you seem to be addressing irrelevancies to my point.

Windu isn't tiring out Kenobi if Anakin didn't. I'm not sure what you're getting it, but it looks like you agree.

Rockydonovang
I'm not sure what your asking, since you seem to be addressing irrelevancies to my point.

Windu isn't tiring out Kenobi if Anakin didn't. I'm not sure what you're getting it, but it looks like you agree.
i meant to reply to the other dude, my bad

Rockydonovang

actually at the start of their fight when both were hindered and on even footing anakin was tiring out kenobi, hence why Kenobi admitted he was going to lose eventually, off course than kenobi let go of his hindrance and anakin didn't which allowed kenobi to stalemate anakin but, thats after the fact.
But still what knightfall anakin can do doesn't remotely say anything about what windu can do.
edit: Kurk was saying kenobi could tire out windu

DarthAnt66
-

Kurk
yes, I'm saying Mace would tire before Dooku, and make a mistake that Kenobi could take advantage of.

Azronger
I would say they'd be equally ineffective for their own reasons, but I'd side with Windu by virtue of being more skilled than Dooku as per Gillard.

This.

MythLord
Between Dooku and Mace? Tyranus' fighting style is more well-suited for beating Obi, tbh.

Ursumeles
thumb up

Ursumeles
Do we know each other? mmm

Anyway, I am basing it of from Makashi being about precision and breaking through the defense of the opponent, which should be better against Obi-Wan.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.