Wolverine VS Black Panther

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dareangel
everything goes. who wins

cdtm
T'challa normally embassesses Logan.

leonidas
yeah not sure how or why that happens. in a forum fight with classic logan, i'd take logan all day long.... /shrug

EcstaticGrace
I'd go with what's been shown consistently when they went at it. :P

leonidas
i'd love to see some of the scans of the 2 going at it. seems to me logan should have every advantage in a meeting between them.

EcstaticGrace
It's normally just Logan going a bit berserk, and T'Challa keeping his cool.

Given their attitudes I don't think they've ever went at it where both were trying to put the either down. Typically being Panther showing restraint.

Supermutant
BP's gear give him the edge.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by cdtm
T'challa normally embassesses Logan.

Like that time when Logan saved him from Creed or Dragon Man?

Or you mean when he stalemated amped T'Challa while being powerless himself?

leonidas
i honestly don't see bp being able to put him down with his standard tech--not if we include logan's better showings anyway.... skill's a bout a wash. strength the same. deadly weapon + hf should be too much imo.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by leonidas
strength the same.

Unlike BP, Logan has actually plenty of decent feats in the str department.

Scan war ---> Logan is stronger.

Handbooks/bios/statements only ---> Logan, too.

leonidas
he may have some higher feats, but in general strength isn't a determining factor in this is what i meant.....

StiltmanFTW
True.

Supermutant
Wouldn't BP anti metal claws mess Wolvie up?

StiltmanFTW
They're too short (remember, Logan's skeleton got laced thick with a double dose of adamantium) and we don't know yet for sure how antarctic vibranium would affect adamantium beta.

But yeah, they should be T'Challa's most effective weapon in this fight.

deathslash
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
They're too short (remember, Logan's skeleton got laced thick with a double dose of adamantium) and we don't know yet for sure how antarctic vibranium would affect adamantium beta.

But yeah, they should be T'Challa's most effective weapon in this fight. what about his energy claws? Don't those phase through objects?

Vanguard
Originally posted by deathslash
what about his energy claws? Don't those phase through objects?

Yes they do. People forget about that. Panther wins

Vanguard
Unlike BP, Logan has actually plenty of decent feats in the str department.

Scan war ---> Logan is stronger.

Handbooks/bios/statements only ---> Logan, too.

Handbooks are outdated. But there most recent power grids on Marvel.com have them equal in strength.

Supermutant
energy daggers too that suppose to scramble brains on their highest settings

StiltmanFTW
what about his energy claws? Don't those phase through objects?

You're thinking of energy daggers, not claws. They can phase through ada, but Logan's HF handled worse stuff.

BP supporters use them in every thread, it's not a new tactic.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Vanguard
power grids on Marvel.com

I'm going to do you a favour and pretend I didn't hear that.

They're about as reliable as those from carver.com.

Vanguard
I'm going to do you a favour and pretend I didn't hear that.

They're about as reliable as those from carver.com.

Yea I take it back after looking at them a second time, theyre wiki based. But BP is superhuman now, and that comes from marvels most recent bio.

golem370
BP use to lift 750lbs and Wolverine was 800-900 mainly because of his bones.

leonidas
to use either of his melee weapons bp needs to get in close. and while his claws and daggers may hurt logan to some degree, logan's claws WILL kill bp if he closes. bp's only hope is to stay at range. if he has some powerful range weapon he could win. h2h with logan? i don't see how he has a realistic chance if logan is going for a kill.

Vanguard
to use either of his melee weapons bp needs to get in close. and while his claws and daggers may hurt logan to some degree, logan's claws WILL kill bp if he closes. bp's only hope is to stay at range. if he has some powerful range weapon he could win. h2h with logan? i don't see how he has a realistic chance if logan is going for a kill.

Panther has no fear of getting in close.

https://s1.postimg.org/xo449peen/Tchalla25.jpgphoto uploading

https://s7.postimg.org/h8o138cij/1149401_17.jpgadult image

leonidas
so....he tossed him? not sure what that is supposed to show exactly. and logan often uses his claws WITHOUT the intent to kill anyone. in a real fight he'd be up in a second and ready to gut t'challa. that scene is pretty meaningless. he also surprised logan--that wouldn't happen again either.

deathslash
This is too close to call Imo. Although they've been portrayed as relatively equal, Logan has never really used his martial arts against panther and panther hasn't used his arsenal of weapons again Logan. I say that this is a 50/50 split; I suppose if a gun were put to me head, I'd give panther the very slight nod because he uses skill, technique, and knowledge of exploiting the enemies weaknesses a bit more than Logan.

leonidas
hmm, that all sounds good but...logan has no weakness. not classic logan. he's at least as fast by showings, at least as strong unless current np has some feats i don't know about and as skilled. i sort of keep hearing the same thing--bp wins because of tech. but what tech puts logan down exactly for a majority? logan literally needs one clean shot and it's done. bp needs to amass damage. do people really think logan is incapable of landing one clean shot before bp dances and kills logan with what would need to be several shots? i don't see that happening before logan ends him and i still haven't seen a viable way that bp wins this from anyone.

CosmicComet
Agreed with Leo.

When strength, speed and skill are basically a wash, you have to look at the other factors.

BP would need to put down Logan by attrition. It's going to take a long time, this is the same guy that took a handful of uppercuts and hooks from WWH before being put down.

Logan just needs ONE good shot.

I see Wolvie winning 8/10, but with difficulty every time.

deathslash
hmm, that all sounds good but...logan has no weakness. not classic logan. he's at least as fast by showings, at least as strong unless current np has some feats i don't know about and as skilled. i sort of keep hearing the same thing--bp wins because of tech. but what tech puts logan down exactly for a majority? logan literally needs one clean shot and it's done. bp needs to amass damage. do people really think logan is incapable of landing one clean shot before bp dances and kills logan with what would need to be several shots? i don't see that happening before logan ends him and i still haven't seen a viable way that bp wins this from anyone. BP did get a strength upgrade when he became KotD. He managed to oneshot black swan (who's currently fighting thor), made namor bleed with a punch, and beat black dwarf (off panel, yes, but the other two feats imply that he could've sone it without help). Just wondering, how would Logan cope with getting his brain scrambled via energy dagger?

cdtm
Does T'challa carry poison darts?

Deadpool took Logan right down with about fifty trancs.

StiltmanFTW
Special tranqs.

cdtm
Special tranqs.

Only thing special about them was how strong they were. Enough to "take down a dinosaur", he said.

If he carries enough, T'challa could create the same effect from mass quantity, maybe. (Plus, you don't think he'd have that as part of an anti Logan protocol? Since everyone (including myself) was just assuming he probably has something cooked up to deal with Chi in that other thread (He certainly has the tech for it.)

Carrying around super drugs to put down Logan is less of a leap then assuming anti chi tech.

StiltmanFTW
just assuming

smile

Vanguard
Originally posted by CosmicComet

Logan just needs ONE good shot.

I see Wolvie winning 8/10, but with difficulty every time.

How does he need just 'one good shot". The best way for him to beat BP is by impaling him. The suit negates that. BP is also more skilled. That's the X factor when everything else is a wash.

Vanguard
i don't see that happening before logan ends him and i still haven't seen a viable way that bp wins this from anyone.

In every encounter they've had. BP has either drawn or come out on top while holding back. He wasn't even trying to hurt Logan and still came out on top. IF BP could be taken down by Logan in one shot, how come Logan hasn't done it in any of their encounters?

Vanguard
They can phase through ada, but Logan's HF handled worse stuff.

BP supporters use them in every thread, it's not a new tactic.

So the main weapon that would indisputably give Panther an advantage gets discounted because "Logan has handled worse." And as stated the daggers scramble brains, and also deaden nerves. One through the heart would be enough.

carver9
Wolverine stomps.

StiltmanFTW
@Van

Wolverine regenerated from having his heart literally blown up in just a few panels... see Secret War.

And he has also proved he can still be conscious, fight and beat his opponent after having his heart ripped out from him. Logan mini-series.

EcstaticGrace
I could see Wolverine stomping himself. Maybe tripping and stabbing himself

StiltmanFTW
Go back to Artie threads where you belong stick out tongue

-Pr-
And he has also proved he can still be conscious, fight and beat his opponent after having his heart ripped out from him. Logan mini-series.

How does that even work? I mean, doesn't he need blood to be pumped throughout his body to be able to move, much less fight?

Vanguard
@Van

Wolverine regenerated from having his heart literally blown up in just a few panels... see Secret War.

laughing Yea I know. I've heard that argument before. Crock of sh%t. And the same person told me that he regrows the heart with his healing factor through cellular memory.

Garbage.

Vanguard
Originally posted by carver9
Wolverine stomps.

Yea he's done a great job against him so far.
roll eyes (sarcastic)

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by -Pr-
How does that even work? I mean, doesn't he need blood to be pumped throughout his body to be able to move, much less fight?

Comics.

How do his claws even penetrate through the indestructible wrist bones when they pop?

How can Sue see when she's invisible?

Why is Parker even still living with the radioactive blood in his system?

And so on...

-Pr-
Comics.

How do his claws even penetrate through the indestructible wrist bones when they pop?

How can Sue see when she's invisible?

Why is Parker even still living with the radioactive blood in his system?

And so on...

There's suspension of disbelief and then there's being silly.

StiltmanFTW
laughing Yea I know. I've heard that argument before. Crock of sh%t. And the same person told me that he regrows the heart with his healing factor through cellular memory.

Garbage.

Regenerating a vital organ - even the heart itself - is a minor healing feat these days, he's had lots of better ones.

Khazra Reborn
^Ya'll should definitely avoid Bloodshot then.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by -Pr-
There's suspension of disbelief and then there's being silly.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/4/49196/925704-1204628829915.jpg

-Pr-
Oh gawd...

StiltmanFTW
KMC never forgets, Pr smile

Flyclops to the rescue!

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/4/49196/925699-1204625951913.jpg

Vanguard
And just because I can't let this go. Here's what happened in the fight leading to the uppercut that left Wolverine on his ass.

https://s22.postimg.org/uos1pmfap/ZZZZZZZZZZZz.jpgfree image upload

DarkSaint85
Lol, considering he came back from this:

http://i35.servimg.com/u/f35/14/05/76/65/skelet10.jpg

StiltmanFTW
@Van

Cool. T'Challa landed two hits, so did Wolverine:

http://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11128/111287922/5228037-wolverine+surprise+attack+black+panther.jpg

Nice of Logan to actually sheath his claws in the last panel, so your king would keep his head.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

+ Hiroshima and Nagasaki

+ vat of molten metal

+ trip to the sun

Vanguard
@Van

Nice of Logan to actually sheath his claws in the last panel, so your king would keep his head.

I honestly don't believe you can decapitate Panther in the suit. Slashes, and scratches yes. But you would have to cut completely through the vibranium to lop his head off.

Vanguard

Yes. It's a good healing factor. One of the best. But he can still be K.O.'d

carver9
In the scans above, I thought Logan didn't have his healing factor?

Flyattractor
Would be funny to se T'Challa use some vibe blades and cut off Wolvies claws. Like what happned in the movie.

leonidas
So the main weapon that would indisputably give Panther an advantage gets discounted because "Logan has handled worse." And as stated the daggers scramble brains, and also deaden nerves. One through the heart would be enough.

lol show me one encounter where logan was out for a kill.... and his suit was hacked the shit out of by iron fist. logan could obviously slice through it or he wouldn't have bothered sheathing his claws in stilt's scan.

as for energy dagger through the brain i'd imagine it going something like this:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11122/111220870/4517662-5467480948-tumbl.jpg

IF bp got close enough to NOT get gutted and actually landed a dagger in the brain, it would likely drive logan berserk and then there is absolutely no doubt bp would die.

tbh, logan has literally dozens of showings to suggest he could take anything bp can throw at him. we have to use logan's lesser showings to give bp a chance here, or, you know, flat out refuse to accept some showings. his battles with hulk alone are enough to suggest he can easily take anything bp can dish out. still not seeing anything from him that makes me doubt this outcome even for a moment. and i don't even particularly like logan. /shrug

Vanguard
lol show me one encounter where logan was out for a kill.... and his suit was hacked the shit out of by iron fist. logan could obviously slice through it or he wouldn't have bothered sheathing his claws in stilt's scan.

as for energy dagger through the brain i'd imagine it going something like this:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11122/111220870/4517662-5467480948-tumbl.jpg

IF bp got close enough to NOT get gutted and actually landed a dagger in the brain, it would likely drive logan berserk and then there is absolutely no doubt bp would die.

tbh, logan has literally dozens of showings to suggest he could take anything bp can throw at him. we have to use logan's lesser showings to give bp a chance here, or, you know, flat out refuse to accept some showings. his battles with hulk alone are enough to suggest he can easily take anything bp can dish out. still not seeing anything from him that makes me doubt this outcome even for a moment. and i don't even particularly like logan. /shrug

Right u don't even like Logan....sure.

You want to play the "he faced this character game." Panther has taken a shot from hulk himself. He's also gone up against and traded blows with Namor, and defeated Black Dwarf. His energy daggers have harmed Terrax. Enough so that Terrax felt the need to defend himself. Logan is not gutting Panther with his vibranium suit. It hasn't been done....you know why? Because it can't be done.

And it is so cheezy that Wolverine suddenly fights better when he doesn't have his wits about him It's like Panther has already told Wolverine. "You can't win this."

cdtm
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Would be funny to se T'Challa use some vibe blades and cut off Wolvies claws. Like what happned in the movie.

He does have anti metal claws. Should cut through adamantium as easily as Iron Man's armor.

Why has no one cut through Logan's bone claws anyways? I never liked "bone claw Wolverine" because of how stupidly durable his bones were. (I mean, they didn't even try and call it a secondary mutation. They just ignored the fact bones aren't that durable, the same way they ignore Wilson Fisk's freakish strength and call him human level..)

deathslash
@Van

Cool. T'Challa landed two hits, so did Wolverine:

http://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11128/111287922/5228037-wolverine+surprise+attack+black+panther.jpg

Nice of Logan to actually sheath his claws in the last panel, so your king would keep his head. genuine question here, are we actually pretending that attacking someone from behind and managing to strike them that way is as impressive as straight up dodging and the laying out someone?Originally posted by leonidas

tbh, logan has literally dozens of showings to suggest he could take anything bp can throw at him. we have to use logan's lesser showings to give bp a chance here, or, you know, flat out refuse to accept some showings. his battles with hulk alone are enough to suggest he can easily take anything bp can dish out. still not seeing anything from him that makes me doubt this outcome even for a moment. and i don't even particularly like logan. /shrug just a few things to note, iron fist broke though a much older, obsolete suit. You just showed a scan of psylocke (a character that's arguably inferior in h2h and is definitely below panther as far as physical stats go) managing to hold her own against logan. Psylockes attack was mental, meanwhile panthers daggers are physical (completely different things).

You do know that Logans showings against the hulk are almost purely showings of his resistance to blunt force right? Panther won't (or at least doesn't have to) use blunt force to beat Logan. Also, it's funny that you would mention his showings against the hulk when one such showing (WWH) shows us how well Logan fares when his brain is scrambled and essentially turned into mush (not very well).

EcstaticGrace
And just because I can't let this go. Here's what happened in the fight leading to the uppercut that left Wolverine on his ass.

https://s22.postimg.org/uos1pmfap/ZZZZZZZZZZZz.jpgfree image upload

Should end thread.

Flyattractor
Yeah always like it when someone points out Little Jimmy's crappy fighting style. Can't wait for the inevitable " LITTLE JIMMY IS THE ULTIMATE NINJA EVAH" crap.

cdtm
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Yeah always like it when someone points out Little Jimmy's crappy fighting style. Can't wait for the inevitable " LITTLE JIMMY IS THE ULTIMATE NINJA EVAH" crap.

Bru showing The Hand map of top martial artists with a big red x through Logans picture was lulz-worthy.

Flyattractor
Yeah. Like killing a bunhc of Hand Ninjas is anything to brag about. That is one of the SHIT things about Little Jimmy. Everybody he fights has to fight him STUPID because of his crap style. Nice to see Tchalla break the mold.

Vanguard
Wolverine tried to attack when Panther had his back turned and STILL got schooled. laughing

carver9
I could've sworn Wolverine didn't have his healing factor during that instance.

deathslash
Originally posted by carver9
I could've sworn Wolverine didn't have his healing factor during that instance. he didn't and he'd lost some of his memories or something so he wasn't as skilled as he actually is (lol, like he even uses skill 50% of the time). With that said, the only hits that logan landed were underhanded surprise attacks and panther wasn't using any of his gear.

StiltmanFTW
It's not really a surprise attack when you give your opponent a warning --- and when that opponent has superhuman senses.

DarkSaint85
And is supposedly faster.

By that I mean, the showing is meant to show BP is superior, yes? Faster (he dodged Wolvy's first strike), more skilled etc.

If he is superior...how did Wolvy sneak attack him?

carver9
he didn't and he'd lost some of his memories or something so he wasn't as skilled as he actually is (lol, like he even uses skill 50% of the time). With that said, the only hits that logan landed were underhanded surprise attacks and panther wasn't using any of his gear.

It's not about skill though. Him not having his healing factor takes away from his performance. His healing factor is what gives Wolverine all kf his physical attributes.

StiltmanFTW
Healing factor loss and general skill downgrade were all Cornell's doing, yeah. Very present in that very volume...

+ partial memory loss he sufferred in Bunn's series before that.

leonidas
Right u don't even like Logan....sure.

You want to play the "he faced this character game." Panther has taken a shot from hulk himself. He's also gone up against and traded blows with Namor, and defeated Black Dwarf. His energy daggers have harmed Terrax. Enough so that Terrax felt the need to defend himself. Logan is not gutting Panther with his vibranium suit. It hasn't been done....you know why? Because it can't be done.

And it is so cheezy that Wolverine suddenly fights better when he doesn't have his wits about him It's like Panther has already told Wolverine. "You can't win this."

laughing out loud

you must be new here. i've argued against logan far more often than for, not that it matters. you claiming fanboy behavior as a reason for choosing someone is one of the most laughable lines i've read in the forum in a long while.

love that bp has 'taken a shot from hulk'. lol logan has been in prolonged battles against him where he has been pummeled numerous times over a short period. traded blows with namor? goody for him. he used weaponry for the majority of the battle and logan has flat out nearly killed namor himself on a couple occasions. defeated black dwarf off panel so...who gives a f@@@. logan beat hercules off panel, and lobo. awesome. logan wins the off panel scoreboard too. thumb up

terrax felt like he had to.....defend himself? wtf? logan speared frickin gladiator and even beat him in a galactis guardians book.

loagn IS gutting him. you know why it HASN'T happened? (a) logan has never wanted to kill him. (b) no one has ever stabbed him with something STRONGER than vibranium. pretty simple really.

you can't win this one? lol no hf, brain damaged. great showing. thumb up seems to have had no issues with shang chi or IF, but yeah, he can't beat bp. and you throw around cheezy comments.

anyway, i'm not gonna waste my time on you any further. you're love affair with bp blinds you to rationale argument. you've shown literally nothing save logan getting flipped and assume bp wins. i could go nuts and show logan's durability feats, and skill feats, but all you'd do is discount them or blatantly cry pis. you discount logan's best feats while at the same time considering your opinion regarding his suit being invulnerable as fact.

yeah, we're definitely done. fanboys wreck characters and i'll stop reading your posts before you force me to hate panther. you keep on keeping on though. thumb up

Flyattractor
I do like how when Little Jimmy is at his most Stupid that makes him his most Dangerous.

Vanguard
laughing out loud

you must be new here. i've argued against logan far more often than for, not that it matters. you claiming fanboy behavior as a reason for choosing someone is one of the most laughable lines i've read in the forum in a long while.

love that bp has 'taken a shot from hulk'. lol logan has been in prolonged battles against him where he has been pummeled numerous times over a short period. traded blows with namor? goody for him. he used weaponry for the majority of the battle and logan has flat out nearly killed namor himself on a couple occasions. defeated black dwarf off panel so...who gives a f@@@. logan beat hercules off panel, and lobo. awesome. logan wins the off panel scoreboard too. thumb up

terrax felt like he had to.....defend himself? wtf? logan speared frickin gladiator and even beat him in a galactis guardians book.

loagn IS gutting him. you know why it HASN'T happened? (a) logan has never wanted to kill him. (b) no one has ever stabbed him with something STRONGER than vibranium. pretty simple really.

you can't win this one? lol no hf, brain damaged. great showing. thumb up seems to have had no issues with shang chi or IF, but yeah, he can't beat bp. and you throw around cheezy comments.

anyway, i'm not gonna waste my time on you any further. you're love affair with bp blinds you to rationale argument. you've shown literally nothing save logan getting flipped and assume bp wins. i could go nuts and show logan's durability feats, and skill feats, but all you'd do is discount them or blatantly cry pis. you discount logan's best feats while at the same time considering your opinion regarding his suit being invulnerable as fact.

yeah, we're definitely done. fanboys wreck characters and i'll stop reading your posts before you force me to hate panther. you keep on keeping on though. thumb up

Pretty weak that you'd let another persons opinion ruin a character for you. A lot of what I said must have really hit home.

StiltmanFTW
It's a common thing on message boards, actually.

Cdtm and Ironfist. Quan and Thanos. Ecstatic and Aquaman. You and BP. And so on.

Btw, where's the rest of Panther Legion these days?

Vanguard

Btw, where's the rest of Panther Legion these days?

Not sure. I've been wondering where Blue Area Vet is.

leonidas
just a few things to note, iron fist broke though a much older, obsolete suit. You just showed a scan of psylocke (a character that's arguably inferior in h2h and is definitely below panther as far as physical stats go) managing to hold her own against logan. Psylockes attack was mental, meanwhile panthers daggers are physical (completely different things).

sure they are physical. i'd argue that his ability to deal with physical trauma is greater than his ability to deal with mental trauma. that's been born out his entire career.

and how was his brain scrambled again? repeated blows by the strongest character on the planet that caused his brain to bounce off the sides of.....his adamantium skull. how exactly is the dagger going to penetrate logan's skull to reach his brain?

and i'd love to know how bp beats logan without blunt damage. dagger to the head won't work (unless you maybe argue through an eye i guess, but that seems pretty unlikely and if he's in that close he's definitely getting stabbed). again, i'm not going to resort to posting logan's feats--he has literally a dozen really great respect threads out there and you know a lot of them anyway i'm sure, but his best ones would indicate he can easily take whatever bp throws at him. if you think bp wins a majority, that's obviously your prerogative and you're welcome to it. imo a serious logan wins a heavy majority in a straight up fight unless bp gets prep. if there were proof logan somehow couldn't cut through his armor, or if it were shown that somehow his anti-metal claws (if he still has them) could....break (?) logan's claws you'd have a definite case. but with no proof of either one of those things i'm not comfortable putting forth speculation as fact and giving bp the nod here. possible the anti-metal could damage the claws? sure. to what extent? don't know. and he'd still be within gutting range and there is no reason on earth the claws wouldn't pierce that armor. again, all logan needs is ONE clean shot to end this. it seems odd to me that you can think he wouldn't land even one good shot before bp amassed enough damage to ko him long enough for it to count as a win. but like i said, you're welcome to your opinion. thumb up

leonidas
Pretty weak that you'd let another persons opinion ruin a character for you. A lot of what I said must have really hit home.

the only thing that hit home is the irrationality of your position. but yeah, fanboys ruin characters all the time i'm afraid. c'est la vie. /shrug

StiltmanFTW
@leo

BP's energy daggers can phase through adamantium, as seen with Ultron, afaik. That's why these BP/Wolverine threads are even still going.

But I don't see ED doing as much damage as multiple punches from f*cking WWH, no.

leonidas
@leo

BP's energy daggers can phase through adamantium, as seen with Ultron, afaik. That's why these BP/Wolverine threads are even still going.

But I don't see ED doing as much damage as multiple punches from f*cking WWH, no.

ah, cool. thumb up

then that COULD change things then, no doubt. not sure how much impact they would have, but i get the argument better now. as much as hulk pounding him? no, clearly, but could it ko him? i go back to my earlier point--likely depends which showings you choose to go by. it took a bunch of blows by hulk to take logan down for a while. could a dagger do that? doesn't seem likely to me but maybe enough to turn the tide in some of the fights? without seeing it, it's pretty well impossible to say. we also have to assume logan will get hit in the head by one and it's not like he's slow, or unskilled so that in itself is in question. i'd still take logan, but without knowing exactly how the dagger would impact him (it could simply make him berserk, no way to say it wouldn't...) it's a tougher call.

darthgoober
Do BP's energy daggers disappear after they're used or do they maintain their physical presence? I ask because while I don't doubt that Wolverine heal the damage done if they disappear, it's going to be a different story if the thing is still effectively stuck in his head. Like in the Deadpool movie when he was tripping while he still had a knife in the brain.

Vanguard
Originally posted by darthgoober
Do BP's energy daggers disappear after they're used or do they maintain their physical presence? I ask because while I don't doubt that Wolverine heal the damage done if they disappear, it's going to be a different story if the thing is still effectively stuck in his head. Like in the Deadpool movie when he was tripping while he still had a knife in the brain.

Difficult to answer. But he can create an unlimited number of them. He can either throw them, handle them like a knife, or fire them. They also have different settings. You can determine how serious Panther is about the fight by what color they are.

cdtm
That's it for Logan then. Elektra incapacitated him by keeping her sai in a nerve in his back. T'challa could turn him into a pin-cushion, burying a knife in every nerve he has.

cdtm
ah, cool. thumb up

then that COULD change things then, no doubt. not sure how much impact they would have, but i get the argument better now. as much as hulk pounding him? no, clearly, but could it ko him? i go back to my earlier point--likely depends which showings you choose to go by. it took a bunch of blows by hulk to take logan down for a while. could a dagger do that? doesn't seem likely to me but maybe enough to turn the tide in some of the fights? without seeing it, it's pretty well impossible to say. we also have to assume logan will get hit in the head by one and it's not like he's slow, or unskilled so that in itself is in question. i'd still take logan, but without knowing exactly how the dagger would impact him (it could simply make him berserk, no way to say it wouldn't...) it's a tougher call.

Hulk's punch's aren't necessarily the upper limit, though. His didn't exactly use a common tactic seen in a million fights. (Normally, he simply gets ragdolled, instead of braced.)

They didn't even directly damage the brain, because indestructible metal.. It was all the impact making it rattle around. A car crash's worth of force repeated about six times in a row could do the same (MUCH less then Hulk could do.)

Brace Logan's head like Hulk did, and I'd bet money any number of characters can cause enough brain damage. Namor, Thing, or hell even Luke Cage or Iron Fist.

Even Spider-Man (Who habitually pulls his punches after being traumatized at crippling Sin Eater) was having an effect when he was pummeling him on that tombstone.

Supermutant
That's it for Logan then. Elektra incapacitated him by keeping her sai in a nerve in his back. T'challa could turn him into a pin-cushion, burying a knife in every nerve he has.

Well if Ennis was writing this battle, all BP would need is a throat chop to incapacitate Wolvy. cool

leonidas
Hulk's punch's aren't necessarily the upper limit, though. His didn't exactly use a common tactic seen in a million fights. (Normally, he simply gets ragdolled, instead of braced.)

They didn't even directly damage the brain, because indestructible metal.. It was all the impact making it rattle around. A car crash's worth of force repeated about six times in a row could do the same (MUCH less then Hulk could do.)

Brace Logan's head like Hulk did, and I'd bet money any number of characters can cause enough brain damage. Namor, Thing, or hell even Luke Cage or Iron Fist.

Even Spider-Man (Who habitually pulls his punches after being traumatized at crippling Sin Eater) was having an effect when he was pummeling him on that tombstone.

only reason hulk could pull that off was because of his own hf and invulnerability. anyone else grabs him like that and they are shredded by the claws. spidey couldn't even stop him from smiling....

as for the sai--maybe bp could pull it off i guess. again, everyone seems to just assume bp is more skilled and can do all this without getting stabbed. logan was distracted wasn't he when she stabbed him to paralyze him? can't recall the scene exactly but i thought he was fighting shield guys or something...

anyway, you've convinced me logan doesn't decimate him but it still seems to me logan has the advantage in this fight. bp has to fight almost perfectly to score these incapacitating hits. logan is as fast and skilled as bp is, while it doesn't really matter where logan hits him. one good slash anywhere would make it even more tough on bp and one GOOD slash ends the fight. i'll still take logan but given what i've heard it would be closer than i first thought.

krisblaze
Spidey vs Logan was still early in their career though.

Spidey was supposedly strong enough to snap his neck but not enough to inconvenience him by punching.

While I don't think BP has any way of doing it, repeated blows is definitely the way to go. Bricks would do a lot better if they didn't keep punching him across town.

deathslash
only reason hulk could pull that off was because of his own hf and invulnerability. anyone else grabs him like that and they are shredded by the claws. spidey couldn't even stop him from smiling....

as for the sai--maybe bp could pull it off i guess. again, everyone seems to just assume bp is more skilled and can do all this without getting stabbed. logan was distracted wasn't he when she stabbed him to paralyze him? can't recall the scene exactly but i thought he was fighting shield guys or something...

anyway, you've convinced me logan doesn't decimate him but it still seems to me logan has the advantage in this fight. bp has to fight almost perfectly to score these incapacitating hits. logan is as fast and skilled as bp is, while it doesn't really matter where logan hits him. one good slash anywhere would make it even more tough on bp and one GOOD slash ends the fight. i'll still take logan but given what i've heard it would be closer than i first thought. 1. Not really; Logan isn't that strong (at least by brick standards). It would be dangerous, but if someone as strong as say Luke Cage managed to grab him by both of his arms, he could push him to the ground and stomp on him until the end result if logan having brain damage.

2. The difference in skill between panther and Logan is likely a wash, but Logan doesn't use his skill that often. Out of his what- 10,000 appearances he's probably used his skills about a maximum of 3,000 times (I'm almost certainly certainly high balling that number). I know that these characters are fighting to the best of their ability, but they're also supposed to fight in character.

leonidas
1. Not really; Logan isn't that strong (at least by brick standards). It would be dangerous, but if someone as strong as say Luke Cage managed to grab him by both of his arms, he could push him to the ground and stomp on him until the end result if logan having brain damage.

2. The difference in skill between panther and Logan is likely a wash, but Logan doesn't use his skill that often. Out of his what- 10,000 appearances he's probably used his skills about a maximum of 3,000 times (I'm almost certainly certainly high balling that number). I know that these characters are fighting to the best of their ability, but they're also supposed to fight in character.

still not seeing how someone just grabs him without being stabbed, not that it matters for this fight. pretty sure luke wouldn't be too eager to rush in a grab logan...

and that is still plenty of skill feats to assume he would be able to match panther in a forum fight though. just seems in a fight where all stats are basically a wash, the guy who can kill with a shot would win more often than not against the guy who needs to find either an unproven/speculated-upon way to win, or score a much more difficult incapacitating blow on the other guy. /shrug

cdtm
And is supposedly faster.

By that I mean, the showing is meant to show BP is superior, yes? Faster (he dodged Wolvy's first strike), more skilled etc.

If he is superior...how did Wolvy sneak attack him?

Happens to the best of them.

Iron Fist was dropped by Black Tarantula from behind.

And BT was dropped by White Tiger.

The Question cleans up four ninja's who decimated seven elite commando's, and then gets dropped by one of them he crippled and thought out of it (And who was crawling across the floor.)

Even the mighty Batman has been taken from behind by thugs.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.