Why they hatin'?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scarlet315
Which superhero has the most haters/bullies in comics.

Scarlet315
This doesn't have to deal with the present alone but their past as well, obviously

byrdgang21
Hulk

Cogito
Superman.

Has perhaps the most lovers and haters. There's little middle ground on him.

byrdgang21
Do you mean hate from readers or actual hate in storylines?

Cogito
Originally posted by byrdgang21

I meant readers, but if the intention was within comics, then Hulk, Namor, Wolverine, Tony, and Cyke should all get consideration. I'm sure there's others that I'm not thinking of.

Dareangel
cuz they aint about dat life

byrdgang21
Originally posted by Cogito
I meant readers, but if the intention was within comics, then Hulk, Namor, Wolverine, Tony, and Cyke should all get consideration. I'm sure there's others that I'm not thinking of.

I was thinking within comics, hence my answer of Hulk.

If you're talking by readers then it's probably Aquaman

Cogito
I was thinking within comics, hence my answer of Hulk.

If you're talking by readers then it's probably Aquaman

Aquaman isn't really hated. People joke a lot, but that's because they don't really care, not because they actually hate him.

carver9
Comics love Hulk but readers hate him.

-Pr-
Originally posted by carver9

Avengers movies say different.

Galan007
Alpha Flight is the only correct answer. thumb up

byrdgang21
What about Sentry?

Scarlet315

I meant hate in story lines

spetznaz
In storyline if has to be Spider-Man. Were he real, he'd probably be taking depression medication. Probably together with DareDevil, another depressed soul.

From readers: that's difficult as most readers just enjoy comics. It is in forums you get hate, and the hate is either (1) genuine dislike for a character (e.g. I personally don't like Superman, but that's because I see what Lex Luthor's point of view is ...that Superman is an alien monster), or (2) as a reaction to posters.

On my second point, characters like the Hulk, Superman and Wolverine tend to have stupid fans. Juveniles who think their character is unstoppable, and use increasingly stupid logic to 'support' that view.

Recently it is the Hulk, who has a certain fan that is either a straight liar or suffers from a lack of logic.

In the more recent past it was Superman, with posters that would bring up torquasm-vo or whatever that Kryptonian martial art was called, and how he could fight at a psychic level.

Then in the more distant past there was a poster called Wolverine8888, who had a weird obsession with wolverine. He makes the modern day Hulk fanboy seem intelligent!

Such posters make people hate the likes of Hulk, Superman and Wolverine ....but in comics it would have to be Spider-Man. Everyone hates him

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by carver9

And as you love him....a tacit admission that you don't read comics?

But yeah, kinda funny because in comics, Hawkeye is a hero by the general public...for killing the Hulk.

golem370
How about Thing from a writers stand point

Flyattractor
Lobo Nuff said.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Superman, because of infinite strength, potential and stories to back this up and being the first and most known superhero ever. Everyone who is a fanatic fan of another hero will always put him against Supes, to "prove" that his hero is better. Super is the measuring prototype for all of them and each new hero will find himself in a thread Superman vs XXXY. Since no one will ever take his status, as the first, and since he will always have fanatic Superman defenders who "prove" that he beats anyone, the hate will grow and grow and grow.

Deadline
Originally posted by Galan007
Alpha Flight is the only correct answer. thumb up

In all seriousness, really? I thought they just had niche group of fans, I was a fan back in the day. Or is this King Mungi bait?

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by Deadline
In all seriousness, really? I thought they just had niche group of fans, I was a fan back in the day. Or is this King Mungi bait?

Most people don't hate AF because most people don't even know it exist...

And here I though this is a Chalres Xavier thread...

Deadline
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Most people don't hate AF because most people don't even know it exist...

Yea kinda what I was thinking.

JBL
Superman, because of infinite strength, potential and stories to back this up and being the first and most known superhero ever. Everyone who is a fanatic fan of another hero will always put him against Supes, to "prove" that his hero is better. Super is the measuring prototype for all of them and each new hero will find himself in a thread Superman vs XXXY. Since no one will ever take his status, as the first, and since he will always have fanatic Superman defenders who "prove" that he beats anyone, the hate will grow and grow and grow. And this post like so many others is the sole reason people get mistakenly accused of hating superman. He's not the strongest. He's not unbeatable and he's certainly not the best, yet when people point this out..... Well.... Just watch the response to my post and see.

maxivitopowe
Superman, because of infinite strength, potential and stories to back this up and being the first and most known superhero ever. Everyone who is a fanatic fan of another hero will always put him against Supes, to "prove" that his hero is better. Super is the measuring prototype for all of them and each new hero will find himself in a thread Superman vs XXXY. Since no one will ever take his status, as the first, and since he will always have fanatic Superman defenders who "prove" that he beats anyone, the hate will grow and grow and grow.

No, I hate superman cos of his fans.

As for the question, the only correct answer is Spidey

-Pr-
Originally posted by JBL
And this post like so many others is the sole reason people get mistakenly accused of hating superman. He's not the strongest. He's not unbeatable and he's certainly not the best, yet when people point this out..... Well.... Just watch the response to my post and see.

Cut the crap. You know full well there's a difference between "pointing it out" and the shitting all over him you do any chance you get.

erm

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by JBL
And this post like so many others is the sole reason people get mistakenly accused of hating superman. He's not the strongest. He's not unbeatable and he's certainly not the best, yet when people point this out..... Well.... Just watch the response to my post and see.

Never said this. Just argued that fans clash and the reasons for this.

Originally posted by maxivitopowe
No, I hate superman cos of his fans.

As for the question, the only correct answer is Spidey

It's in my post.

JBL
Originally posted by -Pr-
Cut the crap. You know full well there's a difference between "pointing it out" and the shitting all over him you do any chance you get.

erm Show me 1 example of me "shitting" on a response about superman please.

Stoic
Hulk and Superman probably run neck and neck for the most hated characters in all of comics. Perhaps it's what makes them so popular, because they get an equal amount of love by the readers and writers alike.

-Pr-
Originally posted by JBL
Show me 1 example of me "shitting" on a response about superman please.

There's a character limit to posts, so unfortunately I can't give you all the examples.

Nor do I need to, because you know what you did.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.