It's all our fault.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
It's easy enough to see what we're really about. Just look at the most vulnerable.

I'm talking seniors, orphans, and prisons. Shit conditions all around, complacent staff, zero pressure from above or from the general public to fix things. Nobody does anything, nobody cares.

The senior homes are especially troubling, because there "should" be an outcry from family. Children and grandchildren should collectively be pressuring the states to clean up their act.. But they don't.

Says a lot about how close family is in the US. Just ship them off, and wait for them to die.

I'm talking from experience on senior homes. My grandfather on my mothers side was forced to send his wife to a home, after years of caring for her himself. The things I saw when I visited was disgusting.. I saw one senior fall out of his wheelchair. He was stuck on his knees for something like a half hour. The staff knew about it, they just weren't in a rush to help pick him up..

I saw a managers meandering about on other floors, and complacent staff chatting it up while seniors were left on their own.

This story is repeated at another center a friends mother works at, as a nurse.

My other grandfather, on my father's side, refused to do this to his wife. She had dementia, and he was barely functional, yet he knew how bad conditions are at homes and simply refused that option. He cared for her until she died, close to their 90's.

These liberal protests and college demonstrations and news reports are a joke. The people in this country are a joke. **** 'em all.

Silent Master
Politicians don't actually want to solve problems.

Surtur
We care about orphans. Oh, not our own orphans lol. Like, the Ethiopian orphans and shit like that.

But yeah, this is why I just am giving less and less of a shit about stuff going down in this country. The media is bias, half the country is frothing at the mouth over stupid shit, and yet this country worries about shit like how many black people did or didn't get a grammy award or if a man who feels he is female can take a piss in a womans bathroom.

We are a joke, look at how we whine about other countries interfering with us. Not a peep about the recent wikileaks about the CIA though, did you notice that? The reason: it doesn't fit into the narrative. Our country is the epitome of "do as we say, not as we do". Everyone is divided and shit is just going to get worse, now our very own intelligence agencies are undermining us and almost operating like this is a damn police state.

It's why I laugh when people respond to Trumps "Make America Great Again" with "America was already great!". Lol no..no it absolutely was not. Powerful does not equate to greatness. It never did and it never will.

Surtur
Originally posted by Silent Master

If there was one decent thing to come out of Trumps victory it's that it showed us the true colors of a hell of a lot of politicians. We have seen them at their absolute worst, and in the bad times are the times when these people should shine since it's really easy to do so when things are going well.

Instead of changing in order to prevent Trump from winning again..most of them seemed to double down, like a cornered wounded animal.

Another good outcome? The media. People have long not trusted the media, but now it's been cemented in stone given the bullshit they have pulled in the last 16-24 months. They will never ever be seen the same again and they have nobody to blame but themselves.

Flyattractor

This is very much true.

Sacred Fire
Originally posted by cdtm
It's easy enough to see what we're really about. Just look at the most vulnerable.

I'm talking seniors, orphans, and prisons. Shit conditions all around, complacent staff, zero pressure from above or from the general public to fix things. Nobody does anything, nobody cares.

The senior homes are especially troubling, because there "should" be an outcry from family. Children and grandchildren should collectively be pressuring the states to clean up their act.. But they don't.

Says a lot about how close family is in the US. Just ship them off, and wait for them to die.

I'm talking from experience on senior homes. My grandfather on my mothers side was forced to send his wife to a home, after years of caring for her himself. The things I saw when I visited was disgusting.. I saw one senior fall out of his wheelchair. He was stuck on his knees for something like a half hour. The staff knew about it, they just weren't in a rush to help pick him up..

I saw a managers meandering about on other floors, and complacent staff chatting it up while seniors were left on their own.

My other grandfather, on my father's side, refused to do this to his wife. She had dementia, and he was barely functional, yet he knew how bad conditions are at homes and simply refused that option. He cared for her until she died, close to their 90's.

These liberal protests and college demonstrations and news reports are a joke. The people in this country are a joke. **** 'em all.

thumb upthumb upthumb upthumb up

Of course not. Why would they? They don't share your problems; problems that they're part of.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Sacred Fire

Of course not. Why would they? They don't share your problems; problems that they're part of.

That and if they actually SOLVED problems...we wouldn't NEED them anymore.

Sacred Fire
Originally posted by Flyattractor
That and if they actually SOLVED problems...we wouldn't NEED them anymore.

We don't need them now - not as they are.

Flyattractor
We don't need them now - not as they are.

So you are saying we should adopt the "The Only Good Politician is a DEAD Politician" philosophy?

I don't have a prob with that....

LET US PURGE!!!!!!!!!

ArtificialGlory
rVXekzwkz10

Flyattractor
Tell it like it is Georgie Boy. Tell it like it is.

Sacred Fire
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
rVXekzwkz10

thumb upthumb upthumb upthumb upthumb upthumb upthumb upthumb upthumb up

AsbestosFlaygon
Why do most Americans bring their grandparents to retirement homes, instead of taking care of them themselves? Really, if you love them, you wouldn't do such a cruel act.

Surtur
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Why do most Americans bring their grandparents to retirement homes, instead of taking care of them themselves? Really, if you love them, you wouldn't do such a cruel act.

Lol, what? The situation isn't so black and white. We had to put my grandpa in a home, and why? We couldn't care for him. My grandma couldn't do it, she had her own health problems. Both my parents had to work, so them doing it was out. None of us were trained nurses either, none of us trained to deal with all the problems he had with his health etc.

If my mother sat at home all day eating bon bons then maybe I could see someone lifting an eyebrow as to why gramps is in a home.

Remember, sad truth is sometimes these senior citizens require JUST as much care as an infant would.

Petrus
In a consumist, capitalist society, it's extremely hard for things to function correctly without people being absorbed in self-interest.

walshy
aUultIb2pPc

Nephthys
In England, America has been a joke for as long as I can remember. But it was always light-hearted and not too harsh.

Not anymore.

Sacred Fire
Originally posted by Nephthys
In England, America has been a joke for as long as I can remember. But it was always light-hearted and not too harsh.

Not anymore.

Personally, I can't say I blame you.

walshy
Originally posted by cdtm

These liberal protests and college demonstrations and news reports are a joke. The people in this country are a joke. **** 'em all. if u saw the old guy fall out of his wheelchair, did you tell the staff? if you think people don't care why didn't you tell the staff to help the guy up

Surtur
Originally posted by walshy
if u saw the old guy fall out of his wheelchair, did you tell the staff? if you think people don't care why didn't you tell the staff to help the guy up

So the part where he says the staff knew about it..what do you make of that?

dadudemon
Originally posted by Nephthys

Not anymore.

To be fair, Englishmen think everyone is a joke. Most of it is in jest but some of it is because they think they are better than everyone else. This is why many Aussies consider British (not specifically English) to be "Pommy Bastards."

Surtur
Originally posted by dadudemon
To be fair, Englishmen think everyone is a joke. Most of it is in jest but some of it is because they think they are better than everyone else. This is why many Aussies consider British (not specifically English) to be "Pommy Bastards."

Yeah, they seem to feel they are morally superior to the rest of the civilized world. Which is all kinds of hilarious.

walshy
Originally posted by Surtur
So the part where he says the staff knew about it..what do you make of that? but if they werent doing anything then go up to them and be like "hey what are u doing do your job people "

make a scene!

Surtur
Originally posted by walshy
but if they werent doing anything then go up to them and be like "hey what are u doing do your job people "

make a scene!

The old guy on the ground on his knees didn't get them to act, I dunno why making a scene would do anything but result in them asking this person to leave the premises.

Sacred Fire
Yeah, they seem to feel they are morally superior to the rest of the civilized world. Which is all kinds of hilarious.

Seems like something we have in common.

Beniboybling
Yeah, they seem to feel they are morally superior to the rest of the civilized world. Which is all kinds of hilarious. oh dear, dare I say... #buttsurt?

Surtur
Seems like something we have in common.

In some ways sure, but in other ways not so much. For instance this "stupid ignorant american" stereotype they seem to love has no real consistent counterpart here. I've never seen the stereotype of "all limeys are stupid" or anything like that espoused. But some of them certainly do feel Americans in general are stupid and ignorant.

Surtur
Originally posted by Beniboybling
oh dear, dare I say... #buttsurt?

As long as you feel anyone who says anything similar, but about America is equally butthurt..sure you can say it.

Do you feel that way?

Beniboybling
Americans are dumb and fat yeah, but these are facts. Facts don't care about ur feelings. #BenShapiro

Surtur
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Americans are dumb and fat yeah, but this is fact. Facts don't care about ur feelings. #BenShapiro

I figured you'd either just say no or would try to cover it up with humor or sarcasm. Since after all, if you just flat out said "yes" you'd have been calling some of your buddies butthurt.

Beniboybling
You must have been surprised when I came out with compelling truths then. mmm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.