Most versatile between these 3???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Who's more versatile?

Thor
Surfer
Hal

Who has displayed the most versatility between these 3?

Who has shown the most effective combat versatility between these 3?

StiltmanFTW
S

u

r

f

e

r

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by carver9
Who's more versatile?

Thor
Surfer
Hal

Surfer

Thor? I guess... If going by his full history.. Not by what he usually resorts to. Hammer smash, throw, lightning.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Hal

riv6672
Hal, IMO.
Thor's hammer can do a bazillion things but writers never use those abilities.

Surfer.
He has a nice mix of showings using his powers in different ways.

TethAdamTheRock
Surfer
Hal
Thor

zopzop
Surfer most versatile.

Thor most raw power.

Hal somewhere in between those two.

leonidas
hal and hal. not even all that close imo. /shrug

StiltmanFTW
Example of Hal's incredible versatility:

http://i.imgur.com/EJNrmoI.png

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by leonidas
hal and hal. not even all that close imo. /shrug

thumb up

Yeah it's not about pure power but versatility.

StiltmanFTW
So versatile

http://i.imgur.com/8CLp3Xc.jpg

Stoic
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
thumb up

Yeah it's not about pure power but versatility.

Well a strong argument can be launched for the Surfer IMO. But, I can see why you would think so, if it were in a Swiss Army knife kind of a view.

leonidas
i take versatility to mean using your power in new and creative ways, doing a hugely wide range of things. thor would be way down on my list of these 3, then ss would be second. hal has done some...pretty ridiculous things, especially if we factor in old school hal feats. and you're right--i'm not comparing power. i'm just comparing the way each has used his power over the course of their careers and when it comes to creative power use, none of these guys can touch hal as far as i'm concerned.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by Stoic
Well a strong argument can be launched for the Surfer IMO. But, I can see why you would think so, if it were in a Swiss Army knife kind of a view.

The limit of the rings versatility is the imagination of the user, imo. Doesn't mean that SS or Mjolnir are not versatile.

Stoic
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
The limit of the rings versatility is the imagination of the user, imo. Doesn't mean that SS or Mjolnir are not versatile.

Yeah I know. I'm just remembering how the Surfer can become permeable or intangible, heal the sick or dying, travel back in time, scramble dna, augment his strength, use telepathy, drain or absorb energy, use force fields, see a character across vast distances like several light years away, track a particular pebble in a sea of rocks, operate or do battle on the astral plane, and likely several other things. I think it comes down to what people view as being more versatile.

leonidas
hal has literally done all of those things...except maybe tracking across light years. but he's done a million other things on top of that.

zopzop
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Example of Hal's incredible versatility:

http://i.imgur.com/EJNrmoI.png Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
So versatile

http://i.imgur.com/8CLp3Xc.jpg
omfg laughing

StiltmanFTW
http://i.imgur.com/liXeXHN.jpg

riv6672
The way i see it SS is mote versatile overall, but doesnt use versatility in combat as well as Hal, who is less versatile but does mire with what he has. Thor's hammer easily gives him versatility above Hal/below SS, but he uses it even less than Either.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by riv6672
The way i see it SS is mote versatile overall, but doesnt use versatility in combat as well as Hal, who is less versatile but does mire with what he has. Thor's hammer easily gives him versatility above Hal/below SS, but he uses it even less than Either.
Thor seems to dig into his bag of tricks when the opposition poses a significant threat. He usually gets very favorable results.
It's why I think he takes the second category which involves mainly combat effectiveness.

ShadowFyre
Yeah, Thor prefers smashy smash but when he does use his versatility it ends up in a oneshot

riv6672
^^^You two make good points.
I was thinking more on average, though.

RealityWarper
Comicvine Surfer is way more versatile, he can do everything that goes through the mind of his silly worshippers.

Mindship
Surfer strikes me as more versatile but rarely uses it.

Hal uses versatility more, especially once past the giant glove/wrench phase.

ShadowFyre
I look at it like this, Surfers powers give him the most potential but pacifist nature hinders him.
Hals is fairly close and being a fighter pilot, he is not afraid to cut lose.

ShadowFyre
And the viking warrior is obviously not to worried about murdering people. Hes only done it a few thousand times.

staxamillion
I think the power ring IS supposed to be the most versatile with the real limitations being limitless human ingenuity and imaginations. whether is actually is.... idk.

I'd still give it to Hal on both categories as well. to me versatility means the many ways a weapon can be used in battle and while mjolnir has many offensive capabilities I don't think mjonir can do as many different things as the human mind can conjure up.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.