An Explanation

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthbane77
http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/an-explanation-1860233/

Fated Xtasy
Your building a house on sand, love.

darthbane77
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Your building a house on sand, love. I'm not following. I think my reasons are pretty solid.

NewGuy01
I don't particularly enjoy shitting on things people seem to have worked hard on, but there seems to a be a critical misunderstanding here. It's not like people don't understand the argument for Revan, we've been subjected to years of Ant doing a better job of throwing it in our faces. This thread's pretty much just a +1 to the long list of threads just like this one.

darthbane77
Originally posted by NewGuy01
I don't particularly enjoy shitting on things people seem to have worked hard on, but there seems to a be a critical misunderstanding here. It's not like people don't understand the argument for Revan, we've been subjected to years of Ant doing a better job of throwing it in our faces, we understand it and still think it's stupid. This thread's pretty much just a +1 to the long list of threads just like this one. I'm not sure how the argument is a stupid one, it's easily able to be backed up. Regardless, I figured I'd just try to explain myself so I don't seem like such a moron anymore.

NewGuy01
I don't think you get it.

darthbane77
I don't think you get it. Then by all means, explain. Because I sincerely want to know what I seem to be looking over.

Deronn_solo
you're just reiterating the same arguments for Revan that has been around for ages .

darthbane77
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
you're just reiterating the same arguments for Revan that has been around for ages . It's a good argument, if ain't broke, don't fix it.

MythLord
But we already know all that sh!t, and people still rank him lower than you, for good reason. Even Ant has Revan lower than you. :/

I mean, A+ for effort and all, but it's another "meh" thread.

DarthAnt66
Great thread.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by darthbane77
Then by all means, explain. Because I sincerely want to know what I seem to be looking over.

Actually I did, but slashed it from my last post because it came off a bit meaner than I intended, and now I'm too tired to care. Maybe some other time.

darthbane77
Actually I did, but slashed it from my last post because it came off a bit meaner than I intended, and now I'm too tired to care. Maybe some other time. Fair enough.

darthbane77
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Great thread. Much appreciated.

darthbane77
Originally posted by MythLord
But we already know all that sh!t, and people still rank him lower than you, for good reason. Even Ant has Revan lower than you. :/

I mean, A+ for effort and all, but it's another "meh" thread. And people still rank him as highly, there's something to both sides. The difference is that anybody with a similar opinion to mine is ridiculed and disrespected simply because it doesn't match the norm. It doesn't make me wrong.

Ursumeles
I rank Plagueis higher now, thanks!

srs tho, a A+ for the effort

darthbane77
Originally posted by Ursumeles
I rank Plagueis higher now, thanks!

srs tho, a A+ for the effort Lol, **** off. Thanks though.

Trocity
Revan is between Vader and Plagueis imo.

darthbane77
Originally posted by Trocity
Revan is between Vader and Plagueis imo. I'd hold him closer to Plagueis. I could see the argument being made for Plagueis though, I hold Plagueis pretty close to Yoda Sidious, about as close as I do Revan.

Ursumeles
Sidious > Yoda > Plagueis > SWTOR Vitiate > NoVitiate > Revan > Vader thumb up

cs_zoltan
And people still rank him as highly, there's something to both sides. The difference is that anybody with a similar opinion to mine is ridiculed and disrespected simply because it doesn't match the norm. It doesn't make me wrong.

Everyone is ridiculed for every different opinion they have. Don't be such a pussy.

darthbane77
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Everyone is ridiculed for every different opinion they have. Don't be such a pussy. It's not that I can't take the ridicule, it's that I seem to get it worse than others do. I'm confused, not angry.

SunRazer
That's probably because you say something and then leap straight to a conclusion. There's no connection.

darthbane77
How do you mean? I look at what I have, compare to other characters, and rank based on that.

SunRazer
Well, we all do it at times. The thing is, more traditional views can usually skip the explanations since we can presume the reasoning for why a user believes X or Y to be the case. If you introduce a controversial case and don't follow through with an explanation, it seems baseless to most people looking at it and you'll get mocked accordingly.

darthbane77
Then the problem must be that I don't explain things very well.

cs_zoltan
It's not that I can't take the ridicule, it's that I seem to get it worse than others do. I'm confused, not angry.

Is that so? Have you looked at carthage's threads?

darthbane77
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Is that so? Have you looked at carthage's threads? Carthage posts troll shit on purpose expecting to get ridiculed, there's a difference.

cs_zoltan
No, his threads are ridicules of past wankings.

darthbane77
They are? Guess I never paid enough attention.

Ursumeles
He says things like "Traya gets SunRazer's holistical intent" lmao.

darthbane77
Yeah, I never made the connection. Not sure how I didn't, but I didn't.

Petrus
Sidious > Yoda > Plagueis > SWTOR Vitiate > NoVitiate > Revan > Vader thumb up

thumb up

Ursumeles
You deleted it?
lol

darthbane77
You deleted it?
lol I redid it, added some stuff, and re-uploaded it as a blog.

darthbane77
http://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/darthbane77/blog/the-argument-justifying-high-placement-of-revan/130222/

Rockydonovang
We need a Vader>Valk movement

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.