Antares Draco vs Qui-Gon Jinn

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ursumeles
1. Force
2. Sabers
3. All-Out

SunRazer
Qui-Gon. Probably in all.

Ursumeles
Reasons?

Join us on GH, btw.

SunRazer
Qui-Gon vs Maul is kind of the opposite of AotC Anakin vs Dooku, in that sources initially portrayed Anakin as genuinely challenging Dooku but moved to Dooku stomping him. In the case of the former, earlier sources suggested that Maul was humiliating Qui-Gon but more recent sources have them as near-equals in combat skill.

That's basically my reason. Somebody who's that close to Maul in skill would beat Draco decisively, IMO.

Force is mostly up to personal interpretation since I don't believe either combatant has ever been portrayed as using anything close to maximum effort for Force feats. Qui-Gon just holistically seems to be more powerful, I guess.

cs_zoltan
Never really made much sense to me Maul stomping Qui-Gon, when his inferior Anoon performed so well.

SunRazer
You're probably the first person I know of to think that Anoon "did well". Most cite him as getting stomped.

End Game retcons it to Maul and Qui-Gon being equal on Tatooine, but Qui-Gon only losing at the very end due to flagging stamina. Maul was injured, but it's "barely perceptible".

cs_zoltan
They probably didn't read the text then. Maul had to ramp up his attack like 3 times because he couldn't break Anoon's defense. They actually dueled a fair amount of time, and it only ended so abruptly because of the location of the duel. Anoon had no space to give ground on top of the speeder so Maul eventually could've pummeled him into submission. Realizing that Anoon chose to try and take Maul with him by going allahu akbar. On neutral ground it would've been a long ass fight.

SunRazer
Even better for Qui-Gon. smile

MythLord
And Obi-Wan. smile And Dooku. smile And Mace. smile

This bumps up the entire era.

Beniboybling
Wow, unlike the bunch of cum guzzlers in this thread I'd actually like to see your sources. uhuh

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.