Mace Windu Runs The Revan Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SunRazer
RotS Mace Windu. Fight takes place on the Foundry. Full restore after each round. Morals off.

Warmup: Amnesiac Revan at the start of KotOR

1. Pre-Mandalorian Wars Revan

2. EoMW Revan

3. Darth Revan

4. EoKotOR Revan

5. Pre-mask novel Revan

6. Masked novel Revan (Revan Reborn)

Break: Foundry Revan

7. SoR Revan

Bonus: Mace runs through the gauntlet without rest. Where does he stop?

For the lolz round: Mace Windu vs Darth Revan & Darth Malak on Dantooine

Ursumeles
4-6
Without rest prolly 3

While Mace fights Revan, Malak tries to kill Revan from behind, and removes him from the fight.
Then Mace pwns Malak.

SunRazer
Mace stopping at 4 when he's factually more skilled and more powerful than Revan as of the last time he walked the Jedi Temple?

Skill and power don't decide everything, of course, but I can't think of any redeeming factors on Revan's part as of KotOR.

Ursumeles
Yeah, he should win 4.
You will hopefully gimme the power quote in the other thread, tho.

S_W_LeGenD
4 or 5

SunRazer
He beats 5 as well, since his quotes apply up to then. I can't imagine rotting in a cell improves your skill either, so Mace probably takes Revan Reborn also.

It'd take SoR to stop him at least. smile

Ursumeles
So...Dooku and Mace should be rather close to Novel Vitiate thumb up

SunRazer
Well, Revan Reborn obviously grew in power (since regaining his memories seems to restore power or coincide with a power growth). I don't believe he grew in skill, though, so I still think Mace can win by virtue of his skill edge.

I'd hold that Mace's more powerful than Revan Reborn also, although I understand that this may be a controversial stance.

Ursumeles
He grew in power, but so did Dooku from TPM to RotS.
So he is possibly around Revan Reborn, power-wise.
RR absorbed 97% of Vitiate's lightning. So, Dooku is around NoVitiate.
Sidious ragdolled Dooku.
RotS Sidious can ragdoll NoVitiate thumb up
smilesmilesmile

SunRazer
I've recently extended the gap between Sidious and Vitiate, actually. Not to the point where TCW Sidious can ragdoll novel Vitiate as he pleases, but he's certainly much more powerful. smile

Ursumeles
thumb up
I did now as well.

Azronger
Down at 6 or 7.

Azronger
Originally posted by SunRazer
I've recently extended the gap between Sidious and Vitiate, actually. Not to the point where TCW Sidious can ragdoll novel Vitiate as he pleases, but he's certainly much more powerful. smile

Yes he can. I'm disappointed in you.

AncientPower
That's straight retarded.

Beniboybling
Could potentially clear 6 through superior saber skills, but otherwise stops there, or 7.

Without rest, he's down at 2 or 3.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by AncientPower
That's straight retarded.

S_W_LeGenD
sick

Even the best of PT brigade are approaching retard levels now.

Geistalt
Originally posted by Azronger
Down at 6 or 7.

Rockydonovang
Sidious can ragdoll valk as he pleases let alone vitiate

DarthAnt66
5 is honestly probably weaker than 4.

Whatever case, loses at Reborn.

Rockydonovang
7 or clears

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
7 or clears
Lmfao

hutchy1345
Where is SOR Revan in the rankings of all force users?

Rockydonovang
Well below valk who is below plagueis who is well below yoda/sidious

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by hutchy1345
Where is SOR Revan in the rankings of all force users?
Above Vader and Caedus, alongside Krayt and Kun.

MythLord
Without rest he falls at 4 or 5.

With rest he falls SoR Revan.

Petrus
Goes down somewhere between 6-7.

Bonus - stops at 3.

For the lolz - Mace probably takes it after a grueling match.

Petrus
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Above Vader and Caedus, alongside Krayt and Kun.

Above Vader, definitely.

Above Caedus, yes.

Above Kun, probably.

Above Krayt, yeah.

So he's most likely above all of those, but below Plagueis, Valk, Sidious and Yoda.

MythLord
Krayt and Jacen are debatable.

Petrus
They are, but I'd still say he's above them.

MythLord
I personally have Revan below them, but above Kun and Vader.

darthbane77
Revan Reborn kills him

Trocity

DarthAnt66
Regarding the Windu quote:

https://s16.postimg.org/kkrm3o8xx/image.png

Shocker: I was right.

Azronger
Show the full quote

DarthAnt66
https://s17.postimg.org/m46fzh2m7/image.png

The rest was De Agostini not understanding (there's a shocker) what I was asking (if it was Legends canon) and they thought I was asking if the quote from the Fact Files was also Disney Canon, in which they then clarified how the re-release operates under the new Canon policy.

The part regarding the discussion here is the snippet I originally posted.

Azronger
Yeah, not seeing how this changes anything.

DarthAnt66
https://s16.postimg.org/kkrm3o8xx/image.png

They're saying here that the quote is only accurate as of the time of the publication, which predates KotOR and SWTOR.

The re-release Fact Files apparently addresses those that came before, but they also make note that it's intended to be within the Canon continuity.

Even with the re-release, it doesn't apply to future characters and intentionally neglects those that the audience wouldn't be familiar with.

Beniboybling
I'm not seeing the "only" there. erm

DarthAnt66
The quote is suggestingstating it was accurate as of the 2002 to 2005 time-span.

That's further solidified by the third paragraph saying the re-release doesn't apply to future characters.

I'll send a response message for clarification though, since you're too brain dead to understand.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
4-6.

Beniboybling
The quote is suggestingstating it was accurate as of the 2002 to 2005 time-span.

That's further solidified by the third paragraph saying the re-release doesn't apply to future characters.

I'll send a response message for clarification though, since you're too brain dead to understand. Nope, "at the time of publication" does not preclude it continuing to be valid after the fact. Only confirms it's validity... at the time of publication.

The later paragraphs seem to confirm that it only refers to characters prexisting in continuity, but that is not the same as what you attempted to claim.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Beniboybling
The later paragraphs seem to confirm that it only refers to characters prexisting in continuity
(Revan wasn't around in 2002)

Beniboybling
Oh sry, I forgot that your cognitive functions fail to operate when discussing something that does not revolve around your beloved senpai. sad

The_Tempest
I'd like to see the full response, Ant. ./:

DarthAnt66
On the last page.

Rockydonovang
https://s17.postimg.org/m46fzh2m7/image.png

The rest was De Agostini not understanding (there's a shocker) what I was asking (if it was Legends canon) and they thought I was asking if the quote from the Fact Files was also Disney Canon, in which they then clarified how the re-release operates under the new Canon policy.

The part regarding the discussion here is the snippet I originally posted.
all the quote says is that disney canon takes precedent over it. The fact file being accurate as of the time of publication was referring to disney's takeover. Nothing in the quote invalidates the fact file's use which the quote you're using itself says is legends canon.

Azronger
It is a dark day indeed when Kbro of all people makes the most lucid point.

DarthAnt66
http://i.imgur.com/jpB2Z2i.png
http://i.imgur.com/0bzHuVG.png

MythLord
So that basically means one thing: if a Fact File statement is contradicted by later sources then those later sources take precedence. If it's not contradicted, I see no reason to assume they don't hold any weight.

DarthAnt66
Refer to my original question:

"Quotes regarding most powerful Jedi only applied to the old Star Wars continuity during the time-span of the publication?"

There response was "this is correct..." Thus, "any official information" is referring to content in general, not direct retcons.

Rockydonovang
Can't argue with that.

As for general legends canon would this mean legends quotes don't hold any bearing on new characters? Or would that only be if there are official quotes afterwards which contradict the quote in question

DarthAnt66
My question specifically asked regarding new characters simply existing, not direct retcons, so I'd say the former.

The latter is also true, but that has always been policy.

Rockydonovang
beer

quanchi112
Originally posted by MythLord
So that basically means one thing: if a Fact File statement is contradicted by later sources then those later sources take precedence. If it's not contradicted, I see no reason to assume they don't hold any weight. So you're unbelievably stupid and cannot grasp the meaning of this post. I guanantee someone dropped you as a child. Multiple times.

DarthAnt66
To be entirely fair, this only applies to DeAgostini. Other publishers might have different policies, but I honestly doubt it.

quanchi112
This should be common sense anyways that any statements only pertain to existing characters at the time.

TenebrousWay
Originally posted by quanchi112
This should be common sense anyways that any statements only pertain to existing characters at the time.

MythLord
Originally posted by quanchi112
So you're unbelievably stupid and cannot grasp the meaning of this post. I guanantee someone dropped you as a child. Multiple times.

I know basic comprehension is outside your general capabilities, but you could try and look at things logically. Continuity doesn't work by just dismissing every quote that's made before a certain source came out.

It holds some weight unless completely contradicted.

Rockydonovang
Well ant about the conception of characters afterwards, not sources

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by MythLord
Continuity doesn't work by just dismissing every quote that's made before a certain source came out.

It holds some weight unless completely contradicted.

thumb down

My question:

"Just to clarify, the original Fact Files quote regarding the most powerful Jedi only applied to the old Star Wars continuity during the time-span of the publication (i.e. 2002 to 2005)?"

"As you mentioned, the re-release only applies to characters who predated the series, so I imagine the original version also has the same policy."

Their response:

"That is correct when considering the "Legends" canon."

---

Are ya'll serious? They directly confirm above that the quotes in Fact Files only applies up to characters around as of the time of the publication.

I imagine the confusion is coming from "official information," but given the context, that's referring to new stories and characters, not retconning quotes.

nfactor1995
I'd say he stops at 6.

Dispray
He can beat Darth Revan barely.
Definitely loses against Revan Redeemed.

Azronger
Mace clears

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.