Who would gain the most power and or benefit the most from being a herald of Galactus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Eternalfury
Who would gain the most power and or benefit the most from being a herald of Galactus?

Longshot

Thor

Professor X

The Hulk

Iron Man

Forge

ShadowFyre
Professor X woukd gain the most physicals, Hulk would gain a lot of versatility, unless its savage then it would be useless.

Thor would probably gain the least as he has already beaten most of them and has a similiar versatility.

Prof X would be beastly, with his imagination

Cogito
Order them up from weakest -> strongest and there's your most benefit -> least benefit rank.

The why is obvious - Let's say Thor is 100 and the PC doubles his power to 200. Impressive. But a human would go from 1 to 100, a 100x increase. So yeah, there's your "most benefit" right there.

ShadowFyre
Who do you think would be the most effective? I would see Thor and Hulk conti uing to just hit things.

Parmaniac
Prof X or Forge

staxamillion
I agree with Cogito on going from base human to power cosmic.

I think Iron Man would benefit most from the upgrade but I have problems seeing how the Power Cosmic would manifest. I always see it coming out as green lantern type powerset in forge and iron man.

for some reason I see longshot being like air-walker.

professor x I could see him getting a permanent station where the power cosmic amps his mutant power to the absolute max and with a new cerebro could scan the universe for planets and would be able to contact all sentient life.

the bricks would just add durability speed and projectiles.

sorry but not completely off topic.

AlmightyKfish
Forge benefits the most, easily.

The increase in terms of powers is one thing- from baseline human with a 'smart' power to a Mid/High herald with a myriad of abilities.

But also the combination of his powers and the cosmic awareness/perception that heralds gain, or if you get into Surfer territory, pretty decent matter manipulation skills. He could imagine and build machines on the fly, and would probably be able to understand and perfect them better than he can now, as he could perceive sub-atomic movement and energy etc.

Classic NES
Xavier definitely.

TethAdamTheRock
Reed or Lex Luthor

Power Cosmic II
Forge would benefit the most.

While all would have an amp of varying degree (some small, some substantial) forge is clearly the winner.

Let's take Xavier for example.
The PC would cover all his weaknesses (physical durability, movement, energy projection, etc.) and amp his mind powers to a significant degree.

But all powers of each would be amped. So let's go further.

Out of all the ones listed, Tony is the only regular human. So you can make an argument that he would benefit the most, since the obvious corollary is norrin radd, who was a simple non violent pedestrian philosopher but simply adding the PC enables him to seriously contend with the son of Odin.

But the PC replaces the souls of the imbued individual. And you can argue that Tony's "soul" or lifetime experiences combined with his memory and outlook on life enable him to be a tech genius. The PC would replace that and it's debatable whether he'd still retain his genius intellect when he becomes another surfer clone.

Which brings us to forge. His genius intellect is innate...it's his mutant power. The PC would give him all the standard fare but he is the only one out of the group that would benefit from not just the augmentation of the PC but ALSO benefit from unfettered access
to Galactus' tech. That's a crucial point to consider since mere proximity to Galactus already compliments his innate mutant power. No one else on the list can claim the same benefit.

Reed doesn't understand Galactus' tech. Thanos doesn't understand it. With the PC, Forge would, and he could use that understanding and access to the tech to invent who knows what.

nwg202
IM or Forge.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Power Cosmic II
Reed doesn't understand Galactus' tech. Thanos doesn't understand it. With the PC, Forge would, and he could use that understanding and access to the tech to invent who knows what. thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.