Is depression something you can "get over"?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jake2TheJakenin
I feel like human feces right now, and I just want to stop feeling this way.

Flyattractor
Yes you can get over Depression. Try Wrapping your head in tinfoil then take a nap with your head in the microwave set on high potato bake for 20 minutes.

END OF DEPRESSION!

Nuke Nixon
There's a few things that you can do to work through depression but the first and most important step is that you have to want to. Really want it, because depression is addictive and it's easy to fall back into if you don't see results quick enough, not unlike getting into physical shape your mental state takes hard work and dedication.

Once you decide to actually seek serious help there's therapists to talk to that will help, not a sure fix though, it might be chemistry in the brain and you might need meds. Another route is talking to a spiritual therapist (if that's something you're into, not for everyone) But some things that weigh heavy on your mind aren't physical or chemical, your spiritual health or lack thereof can drag you down too.

There is help out there, just have to reach out and get it.

Flyattractor
Don't listen to this Recluse. He don't know shit about it. Tinfoil in the Micorwave is the only choice.

TIMER TO TWENTY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Surtur
Originally posted by Jake2TheJakenin
I feel like human feces right now, and I just want to stop feeling this way.

I'm gonna write you a prescription:

stay the f*ck away from 4chan.

Scribble
Originally posted by Nuke Nixon
There's a few things that you can do to work through depression but the first and most important step is that you have to want to. Really want it, because depression is addictive and it's easy to fall back into if you don't see results quick enough, not unlike getting into physical shape your mental state takes hard work and dedication.

Once you decide to actually seek serious help there's therapists to talk to that will help, not a sure fix though, it might be chemistry in the brain and you might need meds. Another route is talking to a spiritual therapist (if that's something you're into, not for everyone) But some things that weigh heavy on your mind aren't physical or chemical, your spiritual health or lack thereof can drag you down too.

There is help out there, just have to reach out and get it. Originally posted by Surtur
I'm gonna write you a prescription:

stay the f*ck away from 4chan. These are both pretty solid options. Probably try combining the two.

Genesis-Soldier
depression will always be there. you just got to find the right niche to get you out of your funk.

for me its excersise bevause that stimulates my brain and even if it exaughsts me i feel a hell of a lot better

Flyattractor
I always go with Booze and Violence.

socool8520
Have you tried talking to a therapist? I've never really been depressed, but I hear that helps a lot. Is there something specific that's bothering you?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.