How powerful is Unu'thul?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthbane77
I know very little about this character, so I don't really know how or where to rank him.

Ursumeles
He's very powerful.
IIRC, he was implied to be more powerful than Luke, and dominated him in their first duel, but a focused Luke bested him very badly.
And his TP is top notch.

NewGuy01
I may be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure they only outright fought once. Initially, Unu sent Luke cartwheeling through walls with the Force, but then Luke rooted himself in the Force so deeply that Unu couldn't budge him at all. He then proceeded to chop his arm off after a short duel.

MythLord
Essentially, yeah.

Unu'Thul should still be pretty up there since Luke was actually more-or-less going all-out during his fight with 'Thul and Jaina and Jacen could barely keep track of an all-out Luke when they stormed Shimrra's palace.

Also, he has amazing TP. Should be up there to nigh-Plagueis level, ngl.

Darth Abonis
With the full power of the Killik hive, he was probably Palpatine level

S_W_LeGenD
Overhyped.

Raynar was a below average Jedi before becoming UnuThul. While growth in power was substantial for Raynar as UnuThul, he was no Palpatine or Valkorion in the end.

Lord Nyax seems to be stronger than UnuThul, IMO. To give you an idea, Lord Nyax gave significant trouble to Luke Skywalker, Mara Jade and Tahiri Veila in a fight. Veila's Vongsense came in handy in the end.

UnuThul would be on the level of Darth Vader in raw power but has the advantage in Telepathy and enduring wounds.

Keep in mind that UnuThul's telepathic abilities are stated to be unrefined. To me, this sounds like he was an amateur in this area but he was very good at exerting pressure on the mind of an opponent.

MythLord
Obviously Nyax is more powerful. Though there's few characters who are more powerful than Nyax.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD

UnuThul would be on the level of Darth Vader in raw power but has the advantage in Telepathy and enduring wounds.

Keep in mind that UnuThul's telepathic abilities are stated to be unrefined. To me, this sounds like he was an amateur in this area but he was very good at exerting pressure on the mind of an opponent.
Holy sh!t.
no expression

Anyway, Amped! Nyax > UnuThul, but Amped! Nyax is prolly > Valjorion and Plagueis as well.

MythLord
Prolly? Definitely. Amped Nyax is stated as "holding more power than any living being before" and Luke at one point held the power of Leia's/Anakin's BM amp which was enough for him to take down Sheev.

I doubt anyone who's name isn't Palpatine or Luke could take Amped Nyax out.

Ursumeles
Taalon smile

Anyway, obviously Nyax is extremely powerful, and has awrsome offensive TP, but I am interested how good his defensive TP is.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Ursumeles
Holy sh!t.
no expression

Anyway, Amped! Nyax > UnuThul, but Amped! Nyax is prolly > Valjorion and Plagueis as well.
Actually no.

Lord Nyax had formidable Telepathic abilities and his body armor was fused with several blades. On top of this, he fought very well, utilizing the environment to his advantage to maximum effect.

The Jedi risked getting in the way of each other during close quarters combat and had to watch out for Nyax's blades on top of that. Any misstep could be fatal for one of them. I believe that Luke Skywalker could not deliver his best in close quarters combat due to these factors. Nyax's body armor introduced an element of unorthodoxy in lightsaber combat and complicated the situation further for Luke in addition to the above.

Nyax also utilized his Telepathic powers to disrupt the advances of Jedi and this worked for him each time.

Most importantly, Nyax drew strength from the environment around him (a nexus of Force energy within the ruins of the Jedi Temple) to make the most of his raw power. The Jedi followed in his footsteps in this aspect as well but could not achieve much with their telekinetic powers. Eventually Tahiri Veila utilized her vongsense ability to score a hit on Nyax, shattering his spine in the process.

However, Vong forces were mobilizing in the region and began to bombard the position of Nyax, apparently killing him. The Jedi had to retreat from that.

-----

Lord Nyax was a powerful Force-user with formidable Telepathic abilities but his body armor and tactics made the greatest impact and prolonged the inevitable. However, he is nowhere close to Palpatine, Valkorion and a number of others in the aspect of command of the Force and strength. On the other hand, Luke did not brought much to the table in terms of combat besides usual stuff such as his Telekinetic powers and dueling skills.

Palpatine and Valkorion have scores of offensive abilities under their belt and they can also strike from vast distances with a number of techniques; they will destroy Lord Nyax in single combat . I think even Revan can pull it off with good tactics.

Palpatine went easy on Luke; he could have killed Luke when he had the chance but wasted it. Same goes for Abeloth. Chalk it up to plot armor or whatever.

Luke's greatest asset had been the plot armor. Few fans understand this.

Ursumeles
Yeah, LeG, I meant powerwise. CQC hasn't to do anything with that.

I said Amped! Nyax erm
That's factoring in the Nexus.

---
I stand by Sidious > Amped! Nyax > Valkorion tbh.
Tho I guess Valk could kill him with Drain/FL.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Ursumeles
Yeah, LeG, I meant powerwise. CQC hasn't to do anything with that.

I said Amped! Nyax erm
That's factoring in the Nexus.

---
I stand by Sidious > Amped! Nyax > Valkorion tbh.
Tho I guess Valk could kill him with Drain/FL.
And what did Amped! Nyax achieve? Did he level Coruscant?

Documented showings wise:

Valkorion > Palpatine >>>> Lord Nyax

Ursumeles
Palpatine > Nyax > NJO Luke > Valkorion

S_W_LeGenD
Not interested in fanon rankings here.

UnuThul and Lord Nyax are not in the league of Palpatine and Valkorion. The latter two have vastly superior demonstrations of power and destruction.

Ursumeles
But your Valkorion > Sidious >>>> Nyax isn't a fanon ranking? LMFAO

But yeah, Nyax, Thul and Valkorion aren't in Sidious league.

darthbane77
Well, Valkorion is, but I don't know enough about Thul or Nyax.

Deronn_solo
below or on the tier of Caedus/Exar Kun/Revan.

Valkorion would shit on 'Thul.

AncientPower
Unu'thul and Nyax aren't, but Taalon?

Ursumeles
Yes.

AncientPower
I can see Taalon up there with Valkorion and Sidious quite definitely.

'Thul and Nyax are overrated.

Nephthys
What makes Nyax on par with a planet-killer like Valkorion?

MythLord
He himself is stated as being a planet killer.

AncientPower
Planet-killer? You're out of date Neph.

Nephthys
Why?

Originally posted by MythLord
He himself is stated as being a planet killer.

Quote?

AncientPower
His planet devouring is only the most immediate effect, he has a direct effect on Ziost's sun and appears to have done the same to Nathema's too.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by Nephthys

Quote?

-New Jedi Order: Enemy Lines II: Rebels Stand

Nephthys
So just delusions of grandeur then.

Originally posted by AncientPower
His planet devouring is only the most immediate effect, he has a direct effect on Ziost's sun and appears to have done the same to Nathema's too.

Good point.

Deronn_solo
So, it was in Nyax opinion that he possessed more power than any being alive ever felt and not facts?

Good to know. thumb up

Azronger
Power flowed through Nyax, such power as no being alive had ever felt.

Unless someone can prove Nyax thinks in third person, I don't see how this is his opinion.

Beniboybling
http://i.imgur.com/f7FdEdG.jpg

NewGuy01
Damn, hype.

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by Azronger

Unless someone can prove Nyax thinks in third person, I don't see how this is his opinion.

Except, Star Wars books are always narrated in third person point of view, besides I, Jedi?

Azronger
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Except, Star Wars books are always narrated in third person point of view, besides I, Jedi?

And this proves it was Nyax's opinion how, exactly?

Nephthys

I guess you've never heard of Third Person Limited Narration.

The Harry Potter books are all written from Harry's (and occasionally others) perspective and using Third Person Limited Narration it also is written identically to that excerpt. That is, it's limited to a certain characters perspective, thoughts and feelings while still using third person. Because it's from Harry's perspective, it can be wrong or inaccurate since the narration is just as limited as Harry's perspective.

I see no difference between that and Nyax's quote.

Deronn_solo
And this proves it was Nyax's opinion how, exactly?

A little thing called third person limited narratives. All Star Wars books sans I, Jedi is written from bat perspective.

Or else, Kas'im is legit the best duelist ever and Kyp is > Luke Skywalker in terms of raw power, or every others third person statement said in Star Wars novel is now unavoidable fact.

Edit: Neph beat me to it and put it better so refer to his post.

Ursumeles
Kyp is > Luke Skywalker in terms of raw power
> implying you wouldn't accept, love and wank that.

Deronn_solo
I do believe they were close at in terms of raw power they can muster in a meditative trance at that point in time, but not because of the quote. smile

MythLord
Nyax doesn't even think, lmao. He can't have an opinion, he can only lust for utter destruction.

Nephthys
You don't need to think to have a perspective. Even animals have opinions and feelings, they just come from instincts etc rather than thoughts.

Deronn_solo
Yep, certainly something stated from the perspective of someone mindless and hellbent on destruction. thumb up

Rockydonovang
A little thing called third person limited narratives. All Star Wars books sans I, Jedi is written from bat perspective.

Or else, Kas'im is legit the best duelist ever and Kyp is > Luke Skywalker in terms of raw power, or every others third person statement said in Star Wars novel is now unavoidable fact.

Edit: Neph beat me to it and put it better so refer to his post.
It was obvious it was luke talking, this doesn't remotely apply to the example here where there's aboslutely nothing indicating this is what thal is thinking.

Deronn_solo
...nigga literally, what? What does 'Thul and Luke has to do with anything?

As I stated before, all Star Wars books are written in a limited third person perspective - this book being no exception.

Ursumeles
I do believe they were close at in terms of raw power they can muster in a meditative trance at that point in time, but not because of the quote. smile Kyp being close =/= Kyp being superior. smile

Nephthys
I hadn't even noticed that "the meaningless worker-things" is a dead give-away that its Nyax's perspective. Nice catch.

Deronn_solo
@Urs: Luke was stated in two sources to be the most powerful Jedi during the YZVW, so I can't argue around those two quotes.

That's literally the only reason I don't have Kyp > early NJO Luke. thumb up

Ursumeles
Two?
I only know the one from the Jedi Academy Training Manual, where you could argue that it refers to TUF, I suppose.

Originally posted by Nephthys
I hadn't even noticed that "the meaningless worker-things" is a dead give-away that its Nyax's perspective. Nice catch. It's true tho.

Deronn_solo
The NJO sourcebook:

I believe there is another too. It was the same sourcebook that stated Kyle mixed up his forms and created his own unique style.

Maybe you know that one. Unless that is the Training Manual?

Ursumeles
I know only this one.
Let me look if I can find more in his RT.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.