The Void

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
W2ot6ogGZNc

queeq
Looks great. I hope it doesn't turn out to be a rip off of The Thing.

Patient_Leech
boxed2

I am intrigued. Will definitely keep an eye out for this. Limited release April 7th...

Rotten Tomatoes already has some really great things to say about it, but it does sound kind of similar to The Thing with it's apparent focus on special effects. I like The Thing, but it left me a little unsatisfied.

"Among the best body horror films of all time," but only a 3.5/5? lol... wtf

Robtard
The Thing (1982) is one of my favorite SciFi films of all time, easily in my top three, so I'm way down for this. Hope it delivers.

Ascendancy
Looks like The Thing meets Silent Hill. Definitely will be weird and gross if nothing else.

Kazenji
M0FpLOO5XtU

Patient_Leech
^ I was pretty well sold on it before, so I think I'll skip any new trailers. Thanks, though. big grin

riv6672
Originally posted by Ascendancy
Looks like The Thing meets Silent Hill. Definitely will be weird and gross if nothing else.
Not a theater movie for me, but looks like something i'll keep an eye out for later.

Patient_Leech
Shit, I forgot this came out so soon. It's a limited release, though, so my city probably won't get it.

I think Stuckmann liked it - B

JrQerV71eH0

DellCurry
I am watched the trailer of The Void (2017) and it looks great. It's a horror movie by Jeremy Gillespie and Steven Kostanski. The reviews of the movie are very strong and we hope this will make records on Box office.

Patient_Leech
This is one trippy, weird Horror flick.

It's sort of a combination of The Thing, The Mist, and Hellraiser. Doesn't make much literal sense, but has some surreal imagery in sort of a twisted horror homage of 2001: A Space Odyssey. It might have benefitted some from fleshing out the premise a little more, but weird mysterious imagery is cool, too. I think the triangle imagery on the cult members is a dark parody of Christianity's God as a Trinity. If you like weird, dark horror movies I highly recommend this. Because it relies on some surreal imagery and more symbolic themes it feels a little more distant to the audience which actually sort of took the sting out of the horror to me, but it's a cool experience none-the-less.

I really liked the sound design. I saw the name of the one of the people who did music for the movie during the opening credits, Lustmord. I know his material. He has very dark, ominous soundscapes and his work is very present in the film which I appreciated. He's done sounds and creature effects for films in the past. In fact I think he did work on Pitch Black, although I don't see it listed on IMDB (this film is the only one on there). His IMDB page isn't very extensive, but I know he's done a lot of work on films...

I33WGkEhvm8

Surtur
For a second I thought "Oh finally a movie about the Sentry".

Kazenji
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.