Arizona crackdown on protests.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nephthys

jaden101
First they came...

Keep da faith!
sad Fascism.

Adam Grimes
They're scared, lol

Beniboybling
Christ, chilling.

Surtur
As opposed to this I'd support just vastly increasing the punishments for people who get violent at protests as well as making them pay for all the damages.

I understand they don't want these things to turn into riots, but by doing this it will just make people protest even more and just lead to an even larger chance of violence overall.

My opinion is who cares, as long as they don't try to prevent people from being able to go about their daily lives and as long as they do not get violent. There is a protest every other day now, they were quickly losing all meaning and it is as if someone wanted to say "we can't have that" and thus decided to do this.

Nephthys
They're practically banning protest now, by making the punishment for it so harsh and arbitrary as to be tyrannical, so a lot of people should care about this.

Lord Lucien
In a nutshell.

"Quezada said, though, that everything that constitutes rioting already is a crime, ranging from assault to criminal damage, and those responsible can be individually prosecuted. He said the purpose of this bill appears to be designed to chill the First Amendment rights of people to decide to demonstrate in the first place for fear something could wrong."

Fear is a powerful ally.

Flyattractor
Good. Little SJW Snowflake WannabeRatzis deserve all the shit that comes down on them. Take their shit. They didn't buy it with their own money anyway.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Nephthys
They're practically banning protest now,

It looks like they increased the penalty for rioting, actually.

Obviously, banning protests would be unconstitutional. In order for them to successfully come after rioters, they'd have to do that court thing. Due process and all that.

I don't see a remarkable or amazing story. I see people getting tired of the illegal activities of others so they are increasing the penalties for doing something illegal.

Granted, I think the US has gone apeshit with "imprison and seize all the things."

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.