Jessica Jones vs. Batroc

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Fight takes place on Jack Nicholsons toilet

TheVaultDweller
Batroc is a much better fighter but, barring PIS, he shouldn't be able to deal any significant amount of damage to Jessica (considering she has taken blows from Luke Cage without sustaining heavy injuries). I say he gets swirly'd.

wakkawakkawakka
Eh...on one hand Batroc shouldn't be able to do much given Jessica's stat advantage but on the other hand there was a lot of PIS in Jessica's show to the point where her high end feats get close to even with her low end feats.

I'd give Jessica the win but it won't be easy.

KingD19
The PIS only happens around Purple Man. So she's free of that in this match.

FrothByte
JJ was consistently hurt by regular attacks. She has only 2 high end feats in scrapping with Cage and getting hit by the truck, but other than that she seems to get hurt pretty much like a tough human. Backing Batroc in this fight.

TheVaultDweller
Which other regular attacks did any notable damage to her? The only instance I can think of where she seemed in genuine pain was when multiple people were repeatedly tazering her at once (ignoring the PIS KO when the ginger with the 2x4 knocked her out long enough for Kilgrave to escape). If there are other instances, please point them out. Also, Nuke was doing things like tossing her through walls, while hopped up on his combat enhancers, and he didn't KO her. And she was already injured before that fight even started.

KingD19
Originally posted by FrothByte
JJ was consistently hurt by regular attacks. She has only 2 high end feats in scrapping with Cage and getting hit by the truck, but other than that she seems to get hurt pretty much like a tough human. Backing Batroc in this fight.

She was consistently hurt by regular attacks...while in Purple Man's presence when he needed to escape. When she was in the bar with Luke, she absolutely ignored the drunk guys. She also manhandled the guys at the weed warehouse. And like Vault said, while injured from the truck and fighting a roided up Nuke strong enough to slam her through walls and appliances, still took him down. Oh, and she took a several minutes long beating from Cage who was under Purple Man's control.

Literally every single time she even has trouble with a person, Killgrave is in her direct vicinity and about to get caught.

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Which other regular attacks did any notable damage to her? The only instance I can think of where she seemed in genuine pain was when multiple people were repeatedly tazering her at once (ignoring the PIS KO when the ginger with the 2x4 knocked her out long enough for Kilgrave to escape). If there are other instances, please point them out. Also, Nuke was doing things like tossing her through walls, while hopped up on his combat enhancers, and he didn't KO her. And she was already injured before that fight even started.

Even the taser scene is PIS. We see her casually manhandle entire groups of people. Yet those 4 guards were basically Rocky Balboa and withstood every single attack just long enough for Kilgrave to get away.

Arachnid1
Jones wins, although she struggles. Batroc can knock her for a bit, but he's done once she gets her hands on him.

FrothByte
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller

She cut her hand (and felt pain) by cleaning up broken glass. She gets knocked out by a 2x4 from a weak-looking girl. Now you can call that PIS, but then I could also call her being able to take hits from Cage as PIS. Personally I prefer to base off her durability on her more consistent showings rather than a single fight against Cage.

And as for tasing, contrary to what you're led to believe in movies, tasers don't generally knock someone unconscious. A taser will lock up your muscles and cause intense pain but the moment it's shut off you start recovering immediately. So while Jones surviving multiple tasers is impressive, it in no way shows that she had superhuman durability as it can be replicated by a really tough human (or at the very least, a really tough human in the movie world).

I'd also like to point out that in the multiple times she fought against humans (bar fight, fight in Kilgrave's borrowed pad, fight in street, fight in greenhouse) you normally don't see Jessica Jones knock out a human in one hit. So she may be strong, but either she doesn't know where to hit properly or she doesn't know how to translate that strength into a crippling hit. She did one-shot Reeva, but then Reeva wasn't trying to fight her and was completely helpless.

Now compare that to Batroc who's not only durable enough to take multiple shots from Cap but also strong enough to knock around Cap for a bit and, well, that's why I'm backing up Batroc here. It won't be an easy fight but I don't think JJ can even land a hit on him. I don't claim that Batroc is stronger, but if he's strong enough to knock around Cap then he's strong enough to hurt JJ. Couple that with his obviously superior speed and fighting ability and JJ is in trouble.

JJ also easily gets thrown off her feet by getting tackled or pushed by regular people. It may not seriously hurt her but in a fight keeping someone off balance is a huge factor.

FrothByte
Originally posted by KingD19

Even the taser scene is PIS. We see her casually manhandle entire groups of people. Yet those 4 guards were basically Rocky Balboa and withstood every single attack just long enough for Kilgrave to get away.

What entire groups of people were she manhandling? The only other two fights I can recall is the bar fight and the greenhouse fight and Cage took care of most of those goons. JJ took out what, maybe 3 people? Most of which never came at her at the same time. Plus they were just plain goons. I imagine the security personnel would have had some training.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by FrothByte
She cut her hand (and felt pain) by cleaning up broken glass. She gets knocked out by a 2x4 from a weak-looking girl. Now you can call that PIS, but then I could also call her being able to take hits from Cage as PIS. Personally I prefer to base off her durability on her more consistent showings rather than a single fight against Cage.

And as for tasing, contrary to what you're led to believe in movies, tasers don't generally knock someone unconscious. A taser will lock up your muscles and cause intense pain but the moment it's shut off you start recovering immediately. So while Jones surviving multiple tasers is impressive, it in no way shows that she had superhuman durability as it can be replicated by a really tough human (or at the very least, a really tough human in the movie world).

I'd also like to point out that in the multiple times she fought against humans (bar fight, fight in Kilgrave's borrowed pad, fight in street, fight in greenhouse) you normally don't see Jessica Jones knock out a human in one hit. So she may be strong, but either she doesn't know where to hit properly or she doesn't know how to translate that strength into a crippling hit. She did one-shot Reeva, but then Reeva wasn't trying to fight her and was completely helpless.

Now compare that to Batroc who's not only durable enough to take multiple shots from Cap but also strong enough to knock around Cap for a bit and, well, that's why I'm backing up Batroc here. It won't be an easy fight but I don't think JJ can even land a hit on him. I don't claim that Batroc is stronger, but if he's strong enough to knock around Cap then he's strong enough to hurt JJ. Couple that with his obviously superior speed and fighting ability and JJ is in trouble.

JJ also easily gets thrown off her feet by getting tackled or pushed by regular people. It may not seriously hurt her but in a fight keeping someone off balance is a huge factor.

Firstly, Jessica isn't exactly slow. She actually showed fairly decent speed and reflexes in pretty much all of her fights. When people were taking swings at her, even with weapons, she managed to either catch or dodge the vast majority of their blows. It's generally when they tried to bullrush her, attack her in numbers, or from behind, that people were landing multiple hits.

Also, she never wanted to harm any of the people she fought. Throughout multiple fights she literally says things like, "I don't want to hurt you", "I am not your enemy" etc. because she knows those people were being mind-controlled, and fighting her against their will. So, she is not going to try and cripple or kill them. She isn't an experienced fighter like Luke is, so she doesn't really know how to fight while holding her strength in check. But she showed that she will use lethal force when she thinks it is valid, like when she snapped Kilgrave's neck. When she didn't need to hold back against Luke, she literally smashed his head through a brick wall. And she has no reason to hold back here.

And maybe real tasers don't work that way, but Trish was in fact KO'd by a single taser in that very same fight. Jessica's joints also didn't lock up. The tasers weren't even what put her on the ground. The one guy dived her knees out from under her, from behind. She was just in pain every time they struck. So, it seems pretty obvious that the writers were trying to portray her as superhuman in that scenario. Also, what does getting cut have to do with this? Batroc isn't packing weapons here. The fact remains that no un-enhanced human, barring one very obvious plot-induced KO (where the individual was wielding a weapon, and had to hit her in the head twice), managed to come even close to knocking her unconscious.

Also, Batroc only managed to knock Cap around a bit when he surprise attacked him and caught him off balance. Once Steve got his footing he blocked all the hits without any real trouble. And once he stopped screwing around, he stomped the crap out of Batroc. In some of Jessica's fights, people managed to do similar, and briefly had her off balance. But in every fight, she recovered pretty quickly, and then took out her attacker, with the exception of when 3 guys were repeatedly tasering her. Also, Simpson is hardly some noob at fighting either. He was clearly part of some kind of secret government enhanced soldier program, and showed more than once that he has H2H training and skill. Luke was also an amateur boxer, then a Marine, then a cop, and then a prison fight champion. So, it's not like she just managed to tag completely unskilled fodder either.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.