Hall Hood on Valkorion's Power and his Force Storm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AncientPower
I was on Twitter and noticed this conversation:

Valkorion used a focused and controlled Force Storm against Arcann, not an FLS. Hall Hood also professes that he believes Valkorion is equal in power to Dark Empire Palpatine.

Source: https://mobile.twitter.com/hallhood/status/836368012928237569?p=v

Zenwolf
Of course it was a Force Storm? What else would it be? There was lighting going all over the place. Though he's kinda wrong on the bit about Palps, because he has several instances where he's precise and controlling of his power.

AncientPower
He only said it was more destructive and on a mass scale, whereas Valkorion's was a focused and controlled attack on Arcann.

NewGuy01
I get the impression he was referring to Palpatine's wormhole, there.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by AncientPower
He only said it was more destructive and on a mass scale, whereas Valkorion's was a focused and controlled attack on Arcann.

Valk clearly didn't use the Force Storm Palps did, there's no similarities at all between the two. Valk's attack was more like the Force Storm Lighting, it was nothing close to a wormhole or anything.

AncientPower
He makes it clear he's using the same thing as Palpatine, it's just more focused and controlled.

NewGuy01
Well, Force Storms are supposed to be an extension of the Force Maelstrom, so it could be a power distantly related lightning/tk. In any case, while they may not have been the same, Palpatine's lightning has never worked on a larger scale than Valkorion's so it wouldn't make sense otherwise either.

Zenwolf
He makes it clear he's using the same thing as Palpatine, it's just more focused and controlled.

It really doesn't appear at all to be the same when you compare the two.

Though as New pointed out, there's similarities with the maelstrom thing and lighting so that could still apply.

AncientPower
It's also nice to see the Lead Writer's clear intentions for Valkorion's power, he's the Reborn Palpatine of his era.

Rockydonovang
Uh, tom hall never says its the same power, he just says that the power sids used was more widescale

AncientPower
Hall Hood*

He says that Sidious' was on a mass scale but Valkorion's variant was controlled and focused by comparison.

Zenwolf
Huh...also saying they kept his powers a mystery...for whatever reason, not sure why but ok. I'm not really seeing the mystery aspect of his powers.

AncientPower
Because he is not just anothe dark sider, he uses the Force on a whole regardless of the affiliation of his prowess.

Zenwolf
Because he is not just anothe dark sider, he uses the Force on a whole regardless of the affiliation of his prowess.

Ok...but he's still using TK, he's still using Force Lighting, and other powers we already know of. Soo....what's so mysterious about the powers he uses?

NewGuy01
EDIT: Actually, it's me who can't read. Hurr-durrrr!

That's obvious, though. He's always been the most blatant copy/paste of Palpatine in the mythos, by far. It'd be strange if this wasn't the intention.

Zenwolf
But yeah, it was pretty obvious he was suppose to be Palps for the TOR era.

AncientPower
Yes, but now we have confirmation.

So I think my ranking is:

Valkorion = Reborn Palpatine

SWTOR Vitiate = ROTJ Palpatine

Novel Vitiate = Between TPM and ROTS Palpatine.

DarthAnt66
Damn, so Valk's using wormholes.

DarthAnt66
I find it great that the writers were considering DE when working on KOTET.

You'd think they'd look past that, but it seems major inspiration came from there.

DarthAnt66
I think putting DE Palpatine alongside Valkorion only makes sense.

Neither the DE writers nor the SWTOR writers believe Palpatine to be far more powerful than Valkorion, so we're just lying to ourselves if we think Palpatine is untouchable.

Rockydonovang
Hall Hood*

He says that Sidious' was on a mass scale but Valkorion's variant was controlled and focused by comparison.
yes but he never says it was the same power

AncientPower
He was asked if the power was the same, he makes clear the difference between the two. They're different variations of the same thing.

Rockydonovang

Novel Vitiate = Between TPM and ROTS Palpatine.
Uh, what? Being the de palp of the tor era doesn't make him equal to de palp

AncientPower
Did you even read the tweets? erm

He says they have equal power.

Rockydonovang
He was asked if the power was the same, he makes clear the difference between the two. They're different variations of the same thing.
Well yea, force storm is a variation of lightning, but its very different from how lightning is normally used due to its scale and destructive power

The_Tempest
I was on Twitter and noticed this conversation:

http://replygif.net/i/715.gif

Rockydonovang
Did you even read the tweets? erm

He says they have equal power.
And before that he says
"ha for what my opinion's worth(approx 0$)"

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Well yea, force storm is a variation of lightning, but its very different from how lightning is normally used due to its scale and destructive power
Just stop talking, rofl.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
He won't stop talking unless u return to the hangors

DarthAnt66
Miss you Skillz. I'll return when school dies down and we'll finish DBZ.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
What's been goin on, bud? smile

S_W_LeGenD
Great find, AP smile

Not only the lead writer asserted that Valkorion is equal to DE Palpatine in strength but he also asserted that Valkorion has the upperhand in a fight between the two.

S_W_LeGenD
And before that he says
"ha for what my opinion's worth(approx 0$)"
Every author will say that. It is called humility.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Great find, AP smile

Not only the lead writer asserted that Valkorion is equal to DE Palpatine in strength but he also asserted that Valkorion has the upperhand in a fight between the two.
Which is pretty meaningless considering the writer himself admitted his opinion is worth "approximately 0 $"

S_W_LeGenD
Just stop.

Force Storm is an extension of Force Maelstrom capability. Both are complex expressions of the Force and involve a great deal of multitasking.

None of us know what a Force Storm looks like in single combat. We saw immense manifestations of it in DE that swallowed ships and vice versa.

Do notice that residual emissions of Valk's Force Storm look nothing like Force lightning when they strike an aircraft mid-air. They however shortcircuit the entire vessel.

AncientPower
Originally posted by The_Tempest
http://replygif.net/i/715.gif

http://24.media.tumblr.com/981db3e841680a7f4bce05c408474474/tumblr_mqb34dJa9x1rcgpm7o1_500.gif

Rockydonovang
Every author will say that. It is called humility.
Call it what you want, acting like this is confirmation of anything when the dude himself considers his statement worth little is dumb

AncientPower
Which is pretty meaningless considering the writer himself admitted his opinion is worth "approximately 0 $"

Authorial intent, dear.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Kbro is actually right here. Stick to the evidence. thumb up

AncientPower
Welcome to every author statement since the dawn of time.

'kbro' and 'right' used in any sentence is an oxymoron.

S_W_LeGenD
Call it what you want, acting like this is confirmation of anything when the dude himself considers his statement worth little is dumb
It is a source of information from the writer of Valkorion. What he says, goes into the work.

Author opinion are cited even in research articles as a form of evidence.

DarthAnt66
Wait, rock and Kbro?

That explains so ****ing much.

AncientPower
Yeah, the CV cancer is uncanny.

Rockydonovang
Authorial intent, dear.
authorial intent applies to his first answer which unlike ant's trying to claim doesn't remotely imply valk can create wormholes. It just says that the power he used, lightning, is a less destructive and not wide scale version of force storm, not that the variations of lightning sids and valk used are the same or that valk can use the variation of lightning sids used.

It also applies to the second tweet where valk is implied to be the de palps equivalent of tor, not that valk=de sidious. And that makes sense as A. Valk is the most powerful force user of that time period like sidious B. his spirit survives physical death

It does not apply to the third tweet which he himself acknowledges holds little o no weight.

Rockydonovang
authorial intent applies to his first answer which unlike ant's trying to claim doesn't remotely imply valk can create wormholes. It just says that the power he used, lightning, is a less destructive and not wide scale version of force storm, not that the variations of lightning sids and valk used are the same or that valk can use the variation of lightning sids used.

It also applies to the second tweet where valk is implied to be the de palps equivalent of tor, not that valk=de sidious. And that makes sense as A. Valk is the most powerful force user of that time period like sidious B. his spirit survives physical death

It does not apply to the third tweet which tom himself acknowledges holds little to no weight and was just an opinion of his.

DarthAnt66
Rock, can you confirm you're kbro?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Welcome to every author statement since the dawn of time.

'kbro' and 'right' used in any sentence is an oxymoron.

Author statements aren't very telling, hard to call them anything close to definitive.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Rock, can you confirm you're kbro? big grin

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
What's been goin on, bud? smile
Pain.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Pain.

PM me. Explain. smile

DarthAnt66
Can't tonight - I have an assignment I haven't started due in 30 minutes (online) and I've been wasting time with you ****s. smile

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Explain as soon as you can then, bud. Love ya. smile

DarthAnt66
<3

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Anyways, if I'm being honest, this proves nothing in the (should be concluded) Sidious vs Valk debate. Sidious simply has more empirical/logical evidence on his side. Not trying to make an appeal to majority here, but there's a reason Sidious has a far greater cadre of followers on the forums than Valkorion. Because people are inherently logical, and logic points towards Sidious, (not saying it's illogical for people to believe Valkorion is superior, heck I believed it at one point in time). Just food for thought.

AncientPower
Exposure =/= Superiority.

DarthAnt66
@Skillz: I think the parallels that can be drawn between them both using wormholes further establishes them as being close to each other.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Exposure does nothing to raise or lower Valk/Sids. If all evidence shown in Valk's illustrious career isn't above the evidence we've seen of Sidious' illustrious career, logically Sidious is superior. As of Revan and even SWTOR people were perfectly logical in believing that Vitiate was sub-Plagueis/ROTS Sidious. Because there wasn't enough evidence at the time to point to Vitiate being inarguably superior till Ziost/KOTFE. However, Valk's start to finish is inferior to Sidious' based on the evidence that we have, IMO. At their absolute peaks we saw them both operate at, Sidious was more impressive from a combative, cosmological, and manipulative standpoint.

Like I said in another thread, though, I think a lot of that can be attributed to Valkorion being poorly written. Like, he goes from Sidious-level mastermind to getting ****ed by the Outlander and a holocron he made when he was 10 in an instant. Switched from nuanced to cookie-cutter so quickly.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
@Skillz: I think the parallels that can be drawn between them both using wormholes further establishes them as being close to each other.

I agree their are parallels, but the scale TOR operates on is entirely different from DE. Valkorion got absolutely out-willed by the Outlander, Sidious is ****ing with the Son of the Chosen One and making him his puppet until the latter received aid from the Daughter of the Chosen One. Outlander was resisting Valkorion's mental domination for years and by himself.

DarthAnt66
Good points across the board. mmm

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I mean, Valkorion doesn't have to be better than DE Sidious to be loved, respected, and wanked. The forum just makes it feel that way with all the TOR hating and Sidious worshipping.

DarthAnt66
Not that I necessarily agree, but I think Valkorion's wormholes can alternatively be seen as another area where he's been shadowed by Palpatine. Hood notes that Valkorion's is focused and controlled, but hadn't Palpatine perfected his wormholes also (with the exception of the one that destroyed him due to Luke and Leia)? Nevertheless, I do think them both using wormholes further solidifies Valkorion being close to DE Palpatine in the sense that, at the very least, he's the original model and Palpatine is the perfected version (which is how a lot of sources portray Palpatine in the grand scheme of the Sith anyway, being the "pinnacle" of Darth Bane's plan and whatnot (although noting the difference between Palpatine and Valkorion isn't nearly as profound and intentionally very similar and, as per Hood, already equal in many ways)). If we are going to put Valkorion definitively below DE Palpatine, and I agree with AP completely that some feats of his are still be completely overlooked (especially Ziost) so we shouldn't do that quite just yet, then I'd say he's on Palpatine's tail but just not *quite* there.

It's definitely absurd to put RotS (or even RotJ) Palpatine above Valkorion without even looking back though. I'm sure we can all agree on that.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I just think KOTFE/KOTET (especially KOTET) ruined Valk's chances of being at or above DE Sheev. I get it Ziost was incredible...but KOTFE Chapter 1 and Valkorion being incapable of dominating the Outlander for years (and only by burrowing in the Outlander's mind,) only to have his dominion over the Outlander's mind be overturned in a snap was rather pathetic.

I mean, even cosmologically: Valk wanted a new, Young, immensely powerful body to rule the galaxy, Sidious wanted to absorb the universe into his ego, (which is more in line with Vitiate's much more cosmologicslly impressive original plan).

DarthAnt66
On a side note, I also find it interesting that, as per DE writers, Palpatine was never intended to be the GOAT but ended up being the GOAT due to what he displayed.

And then we have Valkorion, who's arguably behind Palpatine in what he's displayed, but then was actually intended to be the GOAT.

Failure on both the writers parts?

DarthAnt66
only to have his dominion over the Outlander's mind be overturned in a snap was rather pathetic. .
Honestly, I think Palpatine's final days against the floating ball, Leia, and Han were just as pathetic; we just tend to ignore that and focus on Dark Empire 1.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Valkorion was just too poorly handled to ever be the GOAT. His plans turned from transcendentally manipulative and all-powerful to absolutely thwarted within 9 Chapters. Chapter 16 of KOTFE to Chapter 9 of KOTET was literally Outlander knocking out the Eternal Family like dominoes. Like at the beginning of KOTFE, I truly had no idea how the hell Outlander was going to defeat Zakuul. Then it kind of fell into his lap.

For the record, I do have a similar issue with how Palpatine was defeated in ROTJ.

DarthAnt66
I mean, Palpatine is a Force entity of pure dark side Force energy. His soul being, power included, was somehow contained within that ****ing floating ball.

That's just... humiliating.

The entirety of Dark Empire 2 and Empire's End definitely showed Palpatine had fell so far from what he once was. He was a literal shadow of his former self.

You make good points of Valkorion's many failures in his final days, but compared to Palpatine, I'm willing to give Valkorion a pass since I have for Palpatine.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Honestly, I think Palpatine's final days against the floating ball, Leia, and Han were just as pathetic; we just tend to ignore that and focus on Dark Empire 1.

But let's compare their VERY ENDS:

Valkorion: his ultimate plan was thwarted in a snap by the Outlander realizing it was his mind, his rules. We're talking about an Emperor who's been essence transferring and eating souls for 1400 years.

Sidious: his ultimate plans were thwarted by the children of a man with Father-tier potential and the spirits of every single Jedi in history pulled him into the ultimate void of the force.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I mean, Palpatine is a Force entity of pure dark side Force energy. His soul being, power included, was somehow contained within that ****ing floating ball.

That's just... humiliating.

The entirety of Dark Empire 2 and Empire's End definitely showed Palpatine had fell so far from what he once was. He was a literal shadow of his former self.

You make good points of Valkorion's many failures in his final days, but compared to Palpatine, I'm willing to give Valkorion a pass since I have for Palpatine.

My issue is that even PEAK PHYSICAL VALKORION was getting thwarted and defeated for what seemed like forever. Meetra could have literally killed him with a saber throw in Revan. Hero of Tython and his droid fight through Vitiate's Uber nexus, give him more time to recover while expending energy fighting MORE elite guards to save his apprentice, and still resists Vitiate's TP and whoops his ass. Chapter 1 was all we saw of the great physical incarnation of Valkorion, before he was...back stabbed? erm

Hell, There's a codex noting that Valkorion/Tenebrae has been cut down/killed multiple times.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
On a side note, I also find it interesting that, as per DE writers, Palpatine was never intended to be the GOAT but ended up being the GOAT due to what he displayed.

And then we have Valkorion, who's arguably behind Palpatine in what he's displayed, but then was actually intended to be the GOAT.

Failure on both the writers parts?

In terms of forum debating, what's shown ultimately trumps what authors say. MCU developers say Thanos is the most powerful/cunning/dangerous villain in Marvel, when the evidence points to Thanos getting stomped and two shotted by the likes of Galactus. Stan Lee says Galactus is the most powerful being in the Marvel Universe, Beyonder and the Celestials put him down like a gnat. We can't trust the authors to tell us the answers when they all have different answers, IMO.

DarthAnt66
Was Palpatine ultimately thwarted by the children of the Chosen One though?

Valkorion was defeated by the greatest champion of the era (who took down all the big names of this era, including Revan and Malgus) and his own family. The circumstances of the defeat, as you point out, are absolutely pathetic, but at least we directly see multiple powerful forces unite to expel him from the galaxy.

Palpatine? I recall Palpatine running over to Leia, snatching a baby out of her hands, and then trying to transfer his soul into him. And then that floating ball, not a Skywalker, intercepts his spirit and brings him into the void. If it ended with Dark Empire 1 with Leia and Luke uniting to kill Palpatine, I'd completely agree with you. But we got that floating ball Jedi, who is so irrelevant in Star Wars history that I don't even know his name, being the ultimate reason for his death as far as I can tell.

And about that all the Jedi thing. I've always seen that as a minor quote in the comic that the audience has magnified in an attempt to overshadow the humiliation Palpatine just suffered. Palpatine getting swallowed by a ball doesn't look as bad when all the Jedi hold him down in the depths of hell, obviously. It's canon nonetheless, but just something I wanted to point out.

Yeah, this is an injustice Palpatine generally didn't suffer from. With the exception of his final death, all of Palpatine's deaths or near-death events were battles of extreme important.

Valkorion was generally portrayed as invincible, but not invulnerable.

Palpatine? In many ways, he's both.

I think that's a key distinction you're getting at here, which I have to admit. mmm

DarthAnt66
Whatever the case, I'm off to bed. Great conversation though. thumb up Miss having them w/ you.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I guess the ultimate point I'm trying to make regarding their downfalls is this: DE Sidious at his peak was taken down in a much more impressive way than Valkorion was. It required the children of Star Wars Jesus to thwart him at his peak, (can't neglect to mention that he had the prodigal son of Star Wars Jesus wrapped around his finger after one fight) and as you said, it requiring a light spirit army to entrap Palpatine's essence forever is ultimately canon; Valkorion at his peak got backstabbed, couldn't dominate the Outlander's will/body for years, and lost control as soon as he gained it. I see what you're saying with DE Sidious being trapped in a ball, but that was after his legit peak. That is the one edge I give Valk over Sidious: Valk was a much more viable combatant/force user as a spirit.

But hey, peak Valkorion blocked some saber strikes and oneshotted a Dooku or below Dooku level force user in Chapter 1 Arcann, (5 years removed from becoming definitively above Dooku in KOTFE Chapter 8-9), so he must be better, right? smile

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Also, invincible and invulnerable are the same thing. wink

My gripe is that they initially wrote Valkorion, from Ziost throughout KOTFE, as an invincible/invulnerable/unstoppable mastermind, then 180'd and made him simply incapable of controlling the Outlander until he hollowed out his mind. Sidious at his peak was portrayed as an invincible powerhouse who wanted to ****ing absorb the universe into his ego! nigh-irreparably imbalance the force alongside his master? Nah, that's some pre-TPM shit. wink

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Whatever the case, I'm off to bed. Great conversation though. thumb up Miss having them w/ you.

Yeah, this was a great conversation. Valkorion and Sidious will always be my babies. smile

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Tond, thoughts? I've seen you provide some quality ideas/arguments in favor of Valkorion's superiority in the past.

SunRazer
Where's the specific part that Valkorion's supposed to use Wormhole? Because the Lightning against Arcann was definitely not that...

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Thoughts on me and Ant's discussion on the overarching comparison between Sidious and Vitiate?

Beniboybling
Yikes, he doesn't say Valk used Force storm wormhole/Force storm anywhere tbh.

SunRazer
Thoughts on me and Ant's discussion on the overarching comparison between Sidious and Vitiate?

Pretty good, actually. Not that I see eye-to-eye with you guys on everything, but at least I could follow it.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
What do u disagree with, tbh?

Rockydonovang
Bioware should have left revan alone imo, or give him a proper final fight vs vitiate. Overturning his redemption was dumb imo.

SunRazer

SunRazer
Bioware should have left revan alone imo, or give him a proper final fight vs vitiate. Overturning his redemption was dumb imo.

This.

The ending of SoR, if you could even call it a redemption, is just pale and limp and shit. I would've been fine with the novel ending his life against Vitiate. That would've tied up the loose end. Bringing him back in TOR for nothing more than cash grabs is pretty pathetic, IMO.

The_Tempest
With Revan, I've always said: less is more.

cs_zoltan
This guy is a man of his word. He says his opinion worths nothing and then he confirms that statement by saying Valkorion is more strategic than Sidious.

Deronn_solo
Valkorion can make mini-tears in the space-time continuum now, very kewl.

S_W_LeGenD
Exposure does nothing to raise or lower Valk/Sids. If all evidence shown in Valk's illustrious career isn't above the evidence we've seen of Sidious' illustrious career, logically Sidious is superior. As of Revan and even SWTOR people were perfectly logical in believing that Vitiate was sub-Plagueis/ROTS Sidious. Because there wasn't enough evidence at the time to point to Vitiate being inarguably superior till Ziost/KOTFE. However, Valk's start to finish is inferior to Sidious' based on the evidence that we have, IMO. At their absolute peaks we saw them both operate at, Sidious was more impressive from a combative, cosmological, and manipulative standpoint.

Like I said in another thread, though, I think a lot of that can be attributed to Valkorion being poorly written. Like, he goes from Sidious-level mastermind to getting ****ed by the Outlander and a holocron he made when he was 10 in an instant. Switched from nuanced to cookie-cutter so quickly.
You make it sound like as if Palpatine's demise was worthy of an award for best performance or medal of honor.

A battered Darth Vader managed to lift Palpatine from behind and threw him into a shaft and that was the end of the Emperor. If we consider Dark Empire legends content then a smuggler downed a clone of Palpatine and an ordinary Jedi was enough to take care of his essence while it proceeded to possess a child.

Fans of Palpatine also tend to overlook the fact that Palpatine was a toothless tiger without access to a corporeal vessel. Valkorion, in a similar situation, turned a Sith stronghold world into a battlefield and feeding ground and devastated it after restoring his strength to send a statement to those who sought to oppose him.

It all comes down to perception of these matters, my friend. No matter how impressive Valkorion may come across at times, some people will fail to perceive such instances as validations of Valkorion's hype and evidence of superiority over Palpatine in similar context.

I can also point out a number of other areas where Valkorion outgunned Palpatine but you (and a few others) just fail to see it that way.

By the way, Valkorion's demise was far from easy and entirely a product of circumstances. I would say that the Outlander and his allies got lucky. Valkorion did not realize his vulnerability within Outlander's mind and the role his own creation would play in his demise at the hands of his opponents. It was virtually impossible to stop him otherwise as apparent from earlier developments and efforts.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Valkorion can make mini-tears in the space-time continuum now, very kewl. Yeah, must have been where all his powurful lightning went huh.

S_W_LeGenD
Take a look at these streams of energy:

http://i68.tinypic.com/5ez71y.png

http://i64.tinypic.com/10pvvab.png

Force lightning doesn't looks like that even in SWTOR.

Those streams of energy incorporate Force lightning in them but they are something more. They are not identified as Force lightning even in the coding of those sequences.

The stream of energy that struck Darth Marr dissipated in an entirely different manner while a burst of Force lightning ends swiftly. Here is a glimpse:

http://i66.tinypic.com/25jxt0x.png

Geistalt

Novel Vitiate = Between TPM and ROTS Palpatine. fvck.

STOP LIMITING THE POWER OF THE SITH, GODDAMNIT.

Geistalt
Vitiate = RotS Sidious makes more sense.

And that'd still make the Hero of Tython ≥ Yoda.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by Geistalt
And that'd still make the Hero of Tython ≥ Yoda.

http://replygif.net/i/571.gif

The_Tempest
So did anyone other than AP & Leg read Hood's responses as confirmation that Valkorion was employing a Dark Empire style Force storm?

Geistalt
Let's not just stop there; let's wank the living sh*t out of Vaylin and Arcann, while we're at it.

Beniboybling
Take a look at these streams of energy:

http://i64.tinypic.com/10pvvab.png

Force lightning doesn't looks like that even in SWTOR.

Those streams of energy incorporate Force lightning in them but they are something more. They are not identified as Force lightning even in the coding of those sequences.

The stream of energy that struck Darth Marr dissipated in an entirely different manner while a burst of Force lightning ends swiftly. Here is a glimpse:

http://i66.tinypic.com/25jxt0x.png https://j.gifs.com/48JA96.gif

mmm

Looks like Force lighting to me. thumb up

Geistalt
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Vitiate = RotS Sidious makes more sense.

And that'd still make the Hero of Tython ≥ Yoda. http://replygif.net/i/571.gif For the record, I meant the idea that peak Vitiate = RotJ Sidious.

cs_zoltan
So did anyone other than AP & Leg read Hood's responses as confirmation that Valkorion was employing a Dark Empire style Force storm?

Doubt it. I have a wonder tho, are they just performing the biggest reaching in the history of mankind or are they just that f-ucking retarded?

Beniboybling
So did anyone other than AP & Leg read Hood's responses as confirmation that Valkorion was employing a Dark Empire style Force storm? Nope, only that BioWare never envisioned Valkoriate to be more powerful than Sheev. sad

Geistalt
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Nope, only that BioWare never envisioned Valkoriate to be more powerful than Palpatine. sad So, now you're changing the name you used to sound less self-pitiful.

Beniboybling
what? lol

Geistalt
Should've taken a picture of it...

Oh, well. At least your anti-Sidious bias is in clear view.

Beniboybling
Doubt it. I have a wonder tho, are they just performing the biggest reaching in the history of mankind or are they just that f-ucking retarded? I ask myself this often. sad

Beniboybling
Should've taken a picture of it...

Oh, well. At least your anti-Sidious bias is in clear view. Did I hurt you at some point? Don't recall...

Geistalt
You're a real sack of shit, you know.

Beniboybling
i luv u too.

cs_zoltan
http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/what_the_hell_parks_rec.gif

S_W_LeGenD
https://j.gifs.com/48JA96.gif

mmm

Looks like Force lighting to me. thumb up
Did you reduce the graphics quality settings for that? A number of special effects are missing in that animation.

Beniboybling
It's not mine, I found it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fd9QFR-WyOg

smile

S_W_LeGenD
Doubt it. I have a wonder tho, are they just performing the biggest reaching in the history of mankind or are they just that f-ucking retarded?
I did not assert that Valkorion conjured a Force Storm Wormhole in a close quarters encounter. Why would he do that?

My point is that the streams of energy he unleashed upon his opponents incorporate Force lightning in them but aren't exactly that.

Geistalt
Looks like Starkiller's lightning, tbh.

It's just really powerful Force Lightning.

S_W_LeGenD
Looks like Starkiller's lightning, tbh.

It's just really powerful Force Lightning.
Not really.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/61/76/f9/6176f98e1ee8e262457e6c63cfe27bd1.jpg

S_W_LeGenD
It's not mine, I found it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fd9QFR-WyOg

smile
OK.

I have stated before that that stream of energy incorporated Force lightning but that footage is of poor quality and does not depicts additional effects in relation to it.

S_W_LeGenD
Member NewGuy01 identified that stream of energy as Dark Blast or Telekinetic Blast. Here: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f6/t624175.html

Geistalt
The only additional effects were the aftereffects on Darth Marr.

And everyone conveniently seems to forget that he Force Pushed 2 Knights while lobbing that pike he stole at a 3rd one.

Just like how everyone conveniently seems to forget that Arcann was amped by Zakuul's Force nexus, while Marr wasn't.

Beniboybling
Member NewGuy01 identified that stream of energy as Dark Blast or Telekinetic Blast. Here: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f6/t624175.html Member NewGuy01 is misinformed, it is clearly Wormhole related ability.

Nephthys
The attack is pretty clearly lightning-based going by the visuals, but the fact that in KotET it's said to be telekinetic is also a clear contradiction of that.

It's possibly a mere mistake but Legend is not wrong that the attack is labeled as telekinetic.

Geistalt
Starkiller and Darth Sidious can TK people while using Force Lightning, too.

S_W_LeGenD
Look at this animation:

https://i.imgur.com/M5qzcrn.mp4

It is a stream of energy that incorporates Force lightning but is not exactly that.

Nephthys
For what it's worth, Marr also says Valkorion destroyed his body so something is definitely up with that scene's portrayal in retrospect.

Geistalt
It literally means "unbuild."

In case anyone's curious about what that means etymologically.

Beniboybling
thanks. we weren't.

Geistalt
Just pointing out that "destroying Marr's body" doesn't specify by means of vaporization.

S_W_LeGenD
Found some information here: https://swtor.jedipedia.net/en/abl/dark-blast-4

Dark Blast

Fires a blast of telekinetic energy at the target.

Interesting. mmm

---

Valkorion can unleash Force blasts with bare hands.

Call on Valkorion's power to deliver a massive blast of Force energy.

Zenwolf
Since when is that a dark side power? Because firing a blast of TK energy is something that I'm sure even Jedi have done.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Since when is that a dark side power? Because firing a blast of TK energy is something that I'm sure even Jedi have done.
Force blast: https://swtor.jedipedia.net/en/abl/force-blast-8

Exar Kun unleashed Force blasts via amulets.

Zenwolf
Force blast: https://swtor.jedipedia.net/en/abl/force-blast-8

Exar Kun unleashed Force blasts via amulets.

That one is fine.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.