Team Monster vs. Team Alien

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

byrdgang21
Dracula
Frankenstein
Ghost Rider (Blaze)
Etrigan
Wendigo
Swamp Thing
Sasquatch

vs

Superman
Silver Surfer
Martian Manhunter
BRB
Sinestro
Gladiator
Lobo

Who wins?

Cogito
Swamp Thing is the only thing preventing this from being spite - Aliens have arguably no way of putting him down permanently.

Flyattractor
Which Draccy & Frankie?

eh Frag it. Aliens have the biggest MONSTER on their team. So they win.

EcstaticGrace
Originally posted by Cogito
Swamp Thing is the only thing preventing this from being spite - Aliens have arguably no way of putting him down permanently.

Really, cause if argue it really depends on versions more than anything.

Post-Crisis Etrigan. New52 Franky. Marvel Dracula for instance are characters I could see competing with alot of the characters in the Alien side.

Ghost Rider in general is a pretty big factor to.

The only non factors I'd argue are Sasquatch and Wendigo. Whereas the Alien side doesn't have any.

carver9
Wouldn't consider Wendigo as a non factor.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by EcstaticGrace

The only non factors I'd argue are Sasquatch

Sasquatch solos

EcstaticGrace
Originally posted by carver9
Wouldn't consider Wendigo as a non factor.

You'd have to brief me on Wendigo then.

Originally posted by Sin I AM
Sasquatch solos

I'm not to knowledgable on the character but he had team support and was getting his ass handed by Carol non-Binary if I'm not mistaken

Sin I AM
You'd have to brief me on Wendigo then.

I'm not to knowledgable on the character but he had team support and was getting his ass handed by Carol non-Binary if I'm not mistaken

Wendigo varies on the host. Some are fodder some are team crushers.

When i said Sas solos it was in jest unless he's powered up

-K-M-

When was this? If it's the issue I'm thinking of your very wrong.

EcstaticGrace
Originally posted by -K-M-
When was this? If it's the issue I'm thinking of your very wrong.

Don't remember the exact issueX but it was during Civil War II. I could be wrong.

byrdgang21

Post-Crisis Etrigan. New52 Franky. Marvel Dracula for instance are characters I could see competing with alot of the characters in the Alien side.

The only non factors I'd argue are Sasquatch and Wendigo. Whereas the Alien side doesn't have any.

Marvel Dracula
Nu52 Frank w/ sword

-K-M-
Don't remember the exact issueX but it was during Civil War II. I could be wrong.

Yes that is the issue I'm thinking of and yeah your wrong. She never beat him or even came close to it or hurt the others or came close to beating them. Sasquatch even tried to calm aurora down and said their not trying to hurt her. Only aurora was serious and she was taking it to carol

Sin I AM
Yes that is the issue I'm thinking of and yeah your wrong. She never beat him or even came close to it or hurt the others or came close to beating them. Sasquatch even tried to calm aurora down and said their not trying to hurt her. Only aurora was serious and she was taking it to carol

Didnr carol team up with alpha flight during cw 2 (forgettable arc)

EcstaticGrace

Scans? Cause I do remember some struggle from the Alpha Flight side.. if anything I'm pretty sure Carol came off better.

I could be wrong, don't think I ever suggested she beat any of them but they seemed to be having difficulty against her.

-K-M-
Didnr carol team up with alpha flight during cw 2 (forgettable arc)

She's the new leader of alpha flight

Scans? Cause I do remember some struggle from the Alpha Flight side.. if anything I'm pretty sure Carol came off better.

I could be wrong, don't think I ever suggested she beat any of them but they seemed to be having difficulty against her.

I'll post them when I get home from work. But yes the fight was only a few panels. Carol did no serious damage to any of them. They were about to knock her out when she sent out a blast pushing them away....and they were completely fine. Guards came in and the fight was offer. Agsin during it Walter was trying to calm aurora and mentioned no one is really trying to hurt each other

Your original quote was "I'm not to knowledgable on the character but he had team support and was getting his ass handed by Carol non-Binary if I'm not mistaken" which isn't close to being true

-K-M-
Forgot already had it uploaded. Scans of the "fight"..again as noted by Walter he tried to get Aurora to stand down and said no one was trying to hurt each other. That's the entire fight other then Aurora sending Marvel flying with a single punch in the issue before this

1. http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c365/A_Flight4/Captain%20Marvel%202016%20010-002.jpg
2. http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c365/A_Flight4/Captain%20Marvel%202016%20010-003.jpg

So the fight wasn't serious, no one got really hurt, no one took any damage, and no one was close to being beat...so where did Walter get his "ass handed to him"?

Sin I AM
Forgot already had it uploaded. Scans of the "fight"..again as noted by Walter he tried to get Aurora to stand down and said no one was trying to hurt each other. That's the entire fight other then Aurora sending Marvel flying with a single punch in the issue before this

1. http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c365/A_Flight4/Captain%20Marvel%202016%20010-002.jpg
2. http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c365/A_Flight4/Captain%20Marvel%202016%20010-003.jpg

So the fight wasn't serious, no one got really hurt, no one took any damage, and no one was close to being beat...so where did Walter get his "ass handed to him"?

Terrible art

byrdgang21
Terrible art

was thinking the same thing

Supermutant
Team Alien ftw

Cogito

Those guys are fine. They're not true HHs though like team Alien.

EcstaticGrace

Guess it all comes down to interpretation. I'd say it isn't a long enough scene to really say either side went all out. But Sas does grab Carol and Carol Breaks out of his hold. Makes him say "ow" in the process and blast him backwards.

Which seems weird that you don't acknowledge that but acknowledge Aurora sent Marvel flying with a cheapshot.

EcstaticGrace
Originally posted by Cogito
Those guys are fine. They're not true HHs though like team Alien.

616 Dracula has given Thor problems in the past and Etrigan has given Superman problems.

New52 Franky might need more under his belt I could agree with that. But being undead is a pretty good advantage topped with a magical sword.

-K-M-
Guess it all comes down to interpretation. I'd say it isn't a long enough scene to really say either side went all out. But Sas does grab Carol and Carol Breaks out of his hold. Makes him say "ow" in the process and blast him backwards.

Which seems weird that you don't acknowledge that but acknowledge Aurora sent Marvel flying with a cheapshot.

And yet you're the one that said Walter got his ass kicked when clearly never happened. Ummm as per Walter and carol they were NOT going all out. She head butted him erm You consider that kicking his ass? Wow. He was even at the time trying to talk down aurora and carol so clearly was not being serious. Also she said she wasn't being serious and did the headbutt rather then blast her way out...but what did she do in the next panel? Blast her way out. So highly unlikely headbutt alone broke her free seeing as he csn tank shots from thing, colossus, hulk, she hulk, rulk amd others

Because it didn't matter in relation to your original point where you said she kicked Walters ass. Nice deflection though. Aurora also sent her flying later when the fight got started which is in the scan I posted

EcstaticGrace
And yet you're the one that said Walter got his ass kicked when clearly never happened. Ummm as per Walter and carol they were NOT going all out. She head butted him erm You consider that kicking his ass? Wow. He was even at the time trying to talk down aurora and carol so clearly was not being serious. Also she said she wasn't being serious and did the headbutt rather then blast her way out...but what did she do in the next panel? Blast her way out. So highly unlikely headbutt alone broke her free seeing as he csn tank shots from thing, colossus, hulk, she hulk, rulk amd others

Because it didn't matter in relation to your original point where you said she kicked Walters ass. Nice deflection though. Aurora also sent her flying later when the fight got started which is in the scan I posted

I didn't continue saying that after the fact though did I? I don't get why your getting so hostile. The entire time I suggested uncertainty with my claims because I don't like to suggest anything as fact when I'm not 100 about it.

All I did was give context to the scans you posted and referenced. Wolive has taken shots from Hulk, weaker characters can send him flying/bfr. That's ABC logic mate.

All I'm saying is with the limited amount of fight time there, they struggled. The scans kind of cement that.

Sin I AM
I didn't continue saying that after the fact though did I? I don't get why your getting so hostile. The entire time I suggested uncertainty with my claims because I don't like to suggest anything as fact when I'm not 100 about it.

All I did was give context to the scans you posted and referenced. Wolive has taken shots from Hulk, weaker characters can send him flying/bfr. That's ABC logic mate.

All I'm saying is with the limited amount of fight time there, they struggled. The scans kind of cement that.

Lmao. Just admit you were wrong EG and move on...happens to the best of us haha

-K-M-

I corrected you and now you're trying to make excuses. Not being hostile in the least. You never once admitted fault

Because he has an Adamantium indestructible Skelton that allows him to do that.
And yet you were trying to use one showing of Walter to gauge his power and ignored everything he has done

What context did I leave out? In fact i was the one who added context. They struggled? Did we see them use their full power? No. Did they do any serious damage? No. Did Walter try to calm aurora and carol and admitted to he holdin back? Yes. Was the fight even close to being done? No. How you can base that as a true representation of power and abilities is beyond me

EcstaticGrace
Lmao. Just admit you were wrong EG and move on...happens to the best of us haha

I'm not saying I wasn't wrong, I'm saying Carol inflicted pain on Sas, and that Aurora or whatever her name is, cheapshotted Carol. I'm providing context

EcstaticGrace
I corrected you and now you're trying to make excuses. Not being hostile in the least. You never once admitted fault

Because he has an Adamantium indestructible Skelton that allows him to do that.
And yet you were trying to use one showing of Walter to gauge his power and ignored everything he has done

What context did I leave out? In fact i was the one who added context. They struggled? Did we see them use their full power? No. Did they do any serious damage? No. Did Walter try to calm aurora and carol and admitted to he holdin back? Yes. Was the fight even close to being done? No. How you can base that as a true representation of power and abilities is beyond me

Excuses for what?

An excuse is this character has taken a hit from Hulk, in suggestion that weaker characters can't harm the same character.

SIM earlier also provided context for Sas saying his strength ranges. All you did was give a list of character Sas has had a history of fighting with no context whatsoever.

Did I say they did any serious damage?
No, what I said was damage was done, right?

Did I say it was a long fight?
No, I said it was admittedly short enough not to get much out of it.

What we do get is Carol was able to harm Sas, which is all Im saying. Arguably I'd say Carol is being treated now adays to be physically stronger than lets say Ben Grimm so it's not bad thing. I'm just pointing out it happened.

I was wrong about Sas getting his "ass handed" I'll admit that. But he did show struggling, given he failed to restrain Carol

Sin I AM
I'm not saying I wasn't wrong, I'm saying Carol inflicted pain on Sas, and that Aurora or whatever her name is, cheapshotted Carol. I'm providing context

Hmmm...i think, lets recap. You initially stated that Sas and Wendigo were non factors. They arent now while Sas has lows, on average he's top tier in strength especially if he goes all out or channels that GB power. Wendigo is another story entirely, too many different hosts and op wasn't specific. Anyway when you said that Carol whooped his ass when he had an assist that was off base as evidenced in Mungis scan. It's obvious that he wasnt really trying so the headbutt and subsequent "ouch" arent a big take away. Everything else you stated is semantics or deflection because you're still arguing the point where Carol did superficial damage. The context that was provided was not by you...it was by KM. As you admittedly didnt recall the incident correctly. Savvy?

EcstaticGrace
Hmmm...i think, lets recap. You initially stated that Sas and Wendigo were non factors. They arent now while Sas has lows, on average he's top tier in strength especially if he goes all out or channels that GB power. Wendigo is another story entirely, too many different hosts and op wasn't specific. Anyway when you said that Carol whooped his ass when he had an assist that was off base as evidenced in Mungis scan. It's obvious that he wasnt really trying so the headbutt and subsequent "ouch" arent a big take away. Everything else you stated is semantics or deflection because you're still arguing the point where Carol did superficial damage. The context that was provided was not by you...it was by KM. As you admittedly didnt recall the incident correctly. Savvy?

Then now I admitted I was wrong. Aurora cheapshotting Carol with a punch isn't subsequent given context, yet it was brought up. All Im stating now is Sas was hurt and blasted away by Carol how you 2 decide to take that is entirely up to you.

In regards to my initial response to them getting their ass handed, I was however mistaken. Thank you, for that analysis.

I don't know much about Sas as a character and I was going off a memory that was mistaken. If he's a factor that's beyond me at this point since I was wrong.

leonidas
an all out ss can come really close to soloing this group imo. in fact, i'd take him alone for a majority. st is a bit of an issue, as is etrigan but st could be put down long enough to count for a win and etrigan would be left alone and effortlessly bfr'd, though massive blasts would do the trick as he's been put down by far less. etrigan has some good showings, but not enough here. /shrug

Sin I AM
Then now I admitted I was wrong. Aurora cheapshotting Carol with a punch isn't subsequent given context, yet it was brought up. All Im stating now is Sas was hurt and blasted away by Carol how you 2 decide to take that is entirely up to you.

In regards to my initial response to them getting their ass handed, I was however mistaken. Thank you, for that analysis.

I don't know much about Sas as a character and I was going off a memory that was mistaken. If he's a factor that's beyond me at this point since I was wrong.

No sweat. KM is a know it all when it comes to Candian Super heroes

Originally posted by leonidas
an all out ss can come really close to soloing this group imo. in fact, i'd take him alone for a majority. st is a bit of an issue, as is etrigan but st could be put down long enough to count for a win and etrigan would be left alone and effortlessly bfr'd, though massive blasts would do the trick as he's been put down by far less. etrigan has some good showings, but not enough here. /shrug

Who's putting ST down...hes like unstoppable

leonidas
hmm, i'd need some serious proof that he is unstoppable.... i know he has some good feats, and i've read some of the earlier stuff (by moore) but i'm not an expert on him by a long shot. i'd love to see some honest representation of him that would suggest ss, who has affected and even recreated entire biospheres, couldn't put him down. some highs and lows would be awesome so we can sort of figure out what he is most often capable of.

Sin I AM
Problem is DC continuity. His best run was decades ago. Im not familiar with New 52.

DarkSaint85
Leo is wrong thumb up

TethAdamTheRock
Team 2 is pretty stacked

Flyattractor

Who's putting ST down...hes like unstoppable
Not really. Just destroy the earth and ST loses his power source. Quite a few on the Alien team are capable of it via one means or the other.

EcstaticGrace
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Not really. Just destroy the earth and ST loses his power source. Quite a few on the Alien team are capable of it via one means or the other.

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure ST can exist wherever there's plant life in the universe. The Green isn't just a Earth concept.

Flyattractor
Does the Green exist in the vacuum of space among charred radioactive cinders?

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Does the Green exist in the vacuum of space among charred radioactive cinders?

Yes.

zopzop
I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure ST can exist wherever there's plant life in the universe. The Green isn't just a Earth concept.
Yeah but he's effectively out of the fight no?

McNasty996
Which version of Swamp Thing is being used? If I remember correctly some could be as high as the Presence while others were around Corrigan Spectre level and everywhere in between.

EcstaticGrace
Originally posted by zopzop
Yeah but he's effectively out of the fight no?

More then likely I guess. Since there'd be no plant life where I'd assume the battle Takes place. I'd assume alot of characters would be unconscious if the Earth was destoyed.

ST might get really lethal spores and whatnot if he gets the idea the Earth is being threatened this is a guy who was able to oneshot Supes.

DarkSaint85
Alien flora in their alien tummies.

leonidas
grr. yeah, this is what i mean about st. he could possibly solo the lot, if we look at his highest ever feats, but i don't think that is where he usually operates. too much not known about him to make a reasonable prediction. based on what i've seen of him, he could def be taken out of the fight long enough for a win. he's really hard to gauge though since he's not the usual fight-em-beat-em-type character.

carver9
Originally posted by McNasty996
Which version of Swamp Thing is being used? If I remember correctly some could be as high as the Presence while others were around Corrigan Spectre level and everywhere in between.

Swamp thing was recently stalemated by Wonder Woman. Recent depiction, anyone here can probably repeat the process.

DarkSaint85
Lol.

That's not what recent depiction means.

You don't just use feats and performance levels from literally the last comic issue they've been in.

How do you not know this, after all these years????

leonidas
laughing out loud given the patience you show to some around here, you really should rename yourself to saintkmc. or something equally not dark. btw, why darksaint??

DarkSaint85
It's my actual name, translated into English.

EcstaticGrace
Originally posted by carver9
Swamp thing was recently stalemated by Wonder Woman. Recent depiction, anyone here can probably repeat the process.

You mean the Finch comic where ST had Wonder Woman restrained, and the only one who was fighting really was Wonder Woman?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.