Disney fighters rumble

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FrothByte
The following Disney characters are dropped in an open arena:

Prince Phillip (Sleeping Beauty)
Peter Pan (no flight)
Gaston (Beauty and the Beast)
Aladdin
John Smith (Pocahontas)
Tarzan
Quasimodo (Hunchback of Notre Dame)
Captain Li Shang (Mulan)

Round 1: Pure h2h fight
Round 2: Each one is armed with a sword

Who's the last man standing in both rounds? Who are the top 3 fighters?

NemeBro
Quasimodo would dominate round 1, having a great deal of legitimate superhuman strength and more demonstrated agility than everyone here save Tarzan and maybe Aladdin. The only one who really might trouble him is Tarzan, who was skilled, quick, and strong enough to put a chokehold on a silverback gorilla and make him nearly pass out, but even that doesn't compare to breaking those pillars in the cathedral with nothing but his brute strength.

I'd rank the fighters in round 1 as:

1. Quasimodo
2. Tarzan
3. Li Shang. Gaston is possibly stronger, but Li Shang is a trained martial artist who can implicitly perform Mulan's feat of climbing up that tall pole with weights, and do it without tying the two weights together like she did. He also held his own without weaponry against Shan Yu briefly.

As for round two, eh, I'd prefer if every fighter was given a weapon more suited to their character. Tarzan would be a serious contender if he had his spear IMO, but he's never seen a sword, much less wielded one. Anyway, the characters with actual experience with swords are Li Shang, Aladdin, Peter Pan, and Prince Phillip. Phillip has done basically jack shit nothing without wielding magical equipment empowered by three powerful fairies, so he's out. Peter Pan probably has the best showings in sword fights (albeit typically using a dagger), but he heavily relies on his flight in those fights. IIRC in instances where he can't utilize it he tends to be quickly outmatched by Captain Hook (who would probably dominate everyone in this thread to be fair, but still), so I'm not sure I'd give him the nod. Captain Li Shang has more experience wielding a sword and is likely technically the better combatant, but Aladdin is a much craftier fighter, and I could genuinely see him utilizing that in this big melee to come out on top. He's also fought far superior opponents than anyone else here has using his sword, ushc as sorcerer Jafar in cobra form.

Overall, I'd give Aladdin the win in round 3, and would rank the top three as:

1. Aladdin
2. Captain Li Shang
3. Peter Pan

edit: On the other hand, Li Shang has one significant advantage over every other opponent in round two, namely the fact that in combat he tends to be clad head to toe in armour. Now I'm not sure. mmm

Utrigita
Originally posted by NemeBro
Quasimodo would dominate round 1, having a great deal of legitimate superhuman strength and more demonstrated agility than everyone here save Tarzan and maybe Aladdin. The only one who really might trouble him is Tarzan, who was skilled, quick, and strong enough to put a chokehold on a silverback gorilla and make him nearly pass out, but even that doesn't compare to breaking those pillars in the cathedral with nothing but his brute strength.

I'd rank the fighters in round 1 as:

1. Quasimodo
2. Tarzan
3. Li Shang. Gaston is possibly stronger, but Li Shang is a trained martial artist who can implicitly perform Mulan's feat of climbing up that tall pole with weights, and do it without tying the two weights together like she did. He also held his own without weaponry against Shan Yu briefly.

As for round two, eh, I'd prefer if every fighter was given a weapon more suited to their character. Tarzan would be a serious contender if he had his spear IMO, but he's never seen a sword, much less wielded one. Anyway, the characters with actual experience with swords are Li Shang, Aladdin, Peter Pan, and Prince Phillip. Phillip has done basically jack shit nothing without wielding magical equipment empowered by three powerful fairies, so he's out. Peter Pan probably has the best showings in sword fights (albeit typically using a dagger), but he heavily relies on his flight in those fights. IIRC in instances where he can't utilize it he tends to be quickly outmatched by Captain Hook (who would probably dominate everyone in this thread to be fair, but still), so I'm not sure I'd give him the nod. Captain Li Shang has more experience wielding a sword and is likely technically the better combatant, but Aladdin is a much craftier fighter, and I could genuinely see him utilizing that in this big melee to come out on top. He's also fought far superior opponents than anyone else here has using his sword, ushc as sorcerer Jafar in cobra form.

Overall, I'd give Aladdin the win in round 3, and would rank the top three as:

1. Aladdin
2. Captain Li Shang
3. Peter Pan

edit: On the other hand, Li Shang has one significant advantage over every other opponent in round two, namely the fact that in combat he tends to be clad head to toe in armour. Now I'm not sure. mmm

I would place Captain Li Shang over Aladdin in the last round, but besides that nothing to add thumb up

Henry_Pym
If they have their non-weapon gear then John Smith has plate armor on his chest. I'd give him a solid edge is a sword fight.

NotAllThatEvil
Gaston was able to wrestle the beast for a bit and he fights dirty. I think he could take quasi

Surtur
VuJTqmpBnI0

No ones neck is as incredibly thick as Gaston. He wins via thick necked tomfoolery.

Strong enough to hold up 3 bar wenches plus a bench with one arm, easily.

FrothByte
When I used to box we did a bunch of neck exercises, because apparently a strong, thick neck helps you from getting knocked out.

Inhuman
Gaston probably rips every one in half with his bare hands with little effort.

FrothByte
I rewatched the Gaston vs. Beast fight and realized that Gaston almost won that fight. Beast definitely had a hard time with him and couldn't quite overpower him.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by FrothByte
When I used to box we did a bunch of neck exercises, because apparently a strong, thick neck helps you from getting knocked out.

Not just useful for KOs. Stronger, more conditioned neck also helps with rapid head motions, and can help you in a grapple/clinch if an opponent is trying to force your head down.

I haven't watched any of these films since I was a kid. I'd forgotten how ridiculous some Disney characters are, in terms of physical capability.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.