Azog the Defiler vs. Gregor Clegane the Mountain

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
Who wins ?

relentless1
Agog lost to a midget, the Mountain for the win with a skull squash

quanchi112
Originally posted by relentless1
Agog lost to a midget, the Mountain for the win with a skull squash Who is Agog ? Azog killed many great dwarves and also slew Thorin in combat. The Mountain was decimated in combat via the Red Viper and only survived due to arrogance. Azog would intimidate Gregor. He'd be scared of the Defiler.

Robtard
Azog's likely the more skilled fighter, he's more durable and he's probably stronger. So he wins. It it's out of 10 matches, he easily takes 7.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Robtard
he's more durable and he's probably stronger

Probably, but... after the Qyburn upgrade, I wouldn't be so sure. We need to see more of him.

Undead tend to be quite resilient to all kinds of attacks.

Robtard
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Probably, but... after the Qyburn upgrade, I wouldn't be so sure. We need to see more of him.

Undead tend to be quite resilient to all kinds of attacks.

I was thinking this was Gregor pre-zombification, as that guy is technically no longer Ser Gregor Clegane, but Ser Robert Strong.

That would change things up if that's the case, but I doubt quan meant zombie-Gregor.

quanchi112

Undead tend to be quite resilient to all kinds of attacks. We have not seen enough of the new zombified version to include him yet. In the last two seasons I'm sure that will change. That being said who wins ?

StiltmanFTW
Normal Clegane is still a beast, but should be no match against Azog...

quanchi112
Normal Clegane is still a beast, but should be no match against Azog... So you believe Azog would crush him.

StiltmanFTW
Movie Azog was probably the most powerful orc of all time - at least when we consider the Third Age - so, yeah.

Add Sauron's mace to that...

Living Gregor's greatest showing was against Oberyn -- and that should still be counted as a draw, as without Qyburn he would be dead-dead.

FrothByte
Azog wins.

quanchi112
Movie Azog was probably the most powerful orc of all time - at least when we consider the Third Age - so, yeah.

Living Gregor's greatest showing was against Oberyn -- and that should still be counted as a draw, as without Qyburn he would be dead-dead. I will find a more worthy opponent for Azog.

John Murdoch
Azog obliterates.

KingD19
Hahaha. Good job Quan. Finally a thread Azog can win.

quanchi112
Originally posted by KingD19
Hahaha. Good job Quan. Finally a thread Azog can win. Funny you're too chicken shit to argue the ones you believe he loses. You're a pansy and worse yet a shitty debater.

quanchi112
Any dissenters out there ?

Josh_Alexander
The Mountain takes this one.

Azog doesnt have what it takes.

Josh_Alexander

Living Gregor's greatest showing was against Oberyn -- and that should still be counted as a draw, as without Qyburn he would be dead-dead.

Qyburn used poison. And he was as fadt as Lightning.

Azog is slow, and the Moutain is stronger.

I bet for the Mountain.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
The Mountain takes this one.

Azog doesnt have what it takes. Azog is a lot stronger than the Mountain. Azog didn't get crushed and I mean crushed by Obeyrn. Obeyrn spared him due to his vendetta and pulled out the kill shot to taunt him.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by quanchi112
Azog is a lot stronger than the Mountain. Azog didn't get crushed and I mean crushed by Obeyrn. Obeyrn spared him due to his vendetta and pulled out the kill shot to taunt him.

Oberyn would have killed Azog!!

Lol what makes you think Azog is stronger?

quanchi112
Oberyn would have killed Azog!!

Lol what makes you think Azog is stronger? Speculation. Gregor is a known failure. He lost that jousting battle against a skilled opponent. Didn't show any edge on his brother before man pouting his way off the grounds.

Azog in battle looked far stronger. Look at the weapons he used, the distance he sent foes back with his mace, etc.

Mountain was Westeros strong not Middle Earth strong.

FrothByte
GoT fighters are far too slow. Azog wins this.

quanchi112
Originally posted by FrothByte
GoT fighters are far too slow. Azog wins this. What is worse is that the Mountain is even slow compared to his peers while Lotr has guys who can run up falling bricks.

nfactor1995
Azog stomps him lol

Thorne
azog loses

quanchi112
Originally posted by Thorne
azog loses Hey, it's the fake divorced guy. Azog beats the shit out of him, dope.

Rebel95
Azog takes this. The Mountain is too slow

Thorne
Hey, it's the fake divorced guy. Azog beats the shit out of him, dope.

out of context insult

explain it to the good folks, squanchy

quanchi112
out of context insult

explain it to the good folks, squanchy You're too late to the party. You're a virus who abandons every single message board you've ever been a part of stumbling onto my native shores.

Azog wins. Admit it or be banished.

Darkstorm Zero
You're too late to the party. You're a virus who abandons every single message board you've ever been a part of stumbling onto my native shores.

Azog wins. Admit it or be banished.

Eeeeeasy there big dude. Easy aye? There's no point getting worked up that fast... Take it cooly and slowly build up to the good trashtalking when it's warranted. smile

out of context insult

explain it to the good folks, squanchy

I dunno about any pre-existing animosity here, but just to answer... It's because Azog does have some superior feats and showings. The best things Gregor ever did was #1: Slashing a horses head halfway off with a greatsword, and #2: Crushing Oberyn's skull with his bare hands. Azog was fighting evenly with Elves and Dwarves of Tolkienverse, who are all marketedly beyond ordinary human lorewise. Not to mention he managed to challenge 3 other armies of beings whom all hate Orcs, and was fighting with them on relatively even terms, even managing to outflank them thanks to the use of those worms.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Eeeeeasy there big dude. Easy aye? There's no point getting worked up that fast... Take it cooly and slowly build up to the good trashtalking when it's warranted. smile

I dunno about any pre-existing animosity here, but just to answer... It's because Azog does have some superior feats and showings. The best things Gregor ever did was #1: Slashing a horses head halfway off with a greatsword, and #2: Crushing Oberyn's skull with his bare hands. Azog was fighting evenly with Elves and Dwarves of Tolkienverse, who are all marketedly beyond ordinary human lorewise. Not to mention he managed to challenge 3 other armies of being whom all hate Orcs, and was fighting with them on relatively even terms, even managing to outflank them thanks to the use of those worms. He and I go back years from another site. He pretended he was married for years. Really weird guy and I'll always berate him. Always.

Raptor22
Originally posted by Robtard
I was thinking this was Gregor pre-zombification, as that guy is technically no longer Ser Gregor Clegane, but Ser Robert Strong.

That would change things up if that's the case, but I doubt quan meant zombie-Gregor. I know this post is from a few months ago, but I think him being Robert strong is only in the books. I can't recall him being called that in the show, and when cersi is torturing that septa, she brought the mountain in and said-

"This is ser Gregor clegane, he's quiet too"

And at that point he was already zombified.

cdtm

Poison though. Without that, he'd probably have live through being speared in the gut and chest, which is a pretty respectable durability feat.

Josh_Alexander
The Mountain loses. If we are talking about the one Oberyn fought.

However if we are talking about the Zombified Juggernut version of the Mountain the Azog gets his ass kicked.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Raptor22
I know this post is from a few months ago, but I think him being Robert strong is only in the books. I can't recall him being called that in the show, and when cersi is torturing that septa, she brought the mountain in and said-

"This is ser Gregor clegane, he's quiet too"

And at that point he was already zombified.

However if we are talking about the Zombified Juggernut version of the Mountain the Azog gets his ass kicked.

thumb up

quanchi112

However if we are talking about the Zombified Juggernut version of the Mountain the Azog gets his ass kicked. The zombified version has done what to think he even has an assholes chance to last more than thirty seconds against Azog.

Josh_Alexander
The zombified version has done what to think he even has an assholes chance to last more than thirty seconds against Azog.

What makes you think Azog the cripple has a chance against Ser Gregor of the Kingsguard!?

quanchi112
What makes you think Azog the cripple has a chance against Ser Gregor of the Kingsguard!? Their showings. Azog would crush him. If anything agre for looks slower and even more hesitant to react.

Josh_Alexander
Their showings. Azog would crush him. If anything agre for looks slower and even more hesitant to react.

Lol! The moment Ser Gregor (I use ser to refer to the zombified gregor) manages to get close Azog dies!

Azog doesnt have a chance against the new Gregor.

quanchi112
Lol! The moment Ser Gregor (I use ser to refer to the zombified gregor) manages to get close Azog dies!

Azog doesnt have a chance against the new Gregor. Based off what ? He hasn't done anything special. He's looked awful and slow in combat. Azog would decimate this loser.

Josh_Alexander
Based off what ? He hasn't done anything special. He's looked awful and slow in combat. Azog would decimate this loser.

And what has Azog done besides killing dwarves!?

Lol The weaker mountain smashed Oberyns head like if it was an egg!

This mountain is much stronger and much durable.

Azog either runs from fear or gets split in half!

quanchi112
And what has Azog done besides killing dwarves!?

Lol The weaker mountain smashed Oberyns head like if it was an egg!

This mountain is much stronger and much durable.

Azog either runs from fear or gets split in half! He defeated a highly skilled dwarf in Thorin. Gregor hasn't beaten any skilled opponent straight up.

Oberyn is a much smaller man.

Based off what ?

We both know Azog would make this cuck shit his pants. He's Cersei's *****.

Josh_Alexander
He defeated a highly skilled dwarf in Thorin. Gregor hasn't beaten any skilled opponent straight up.

Oberyn is a much smaller man.

Based off what ?

We both know Azog would make this cuck shit his pants. He's Cersei's *****.

Lol! Which high skill dwarf!? Please post video.

LolAzog is used to killing little dwarves. This time he is going against a stronger bigger opponent.

quanchi112
Lol! Which high skill dwarf!? Please post video.

LolAzog is used to killing little dwarves. This time he is going against a stronger bigger opponent. Thorin the main dwarf.

Thorin would rape Gregor. He hasn't beaten anyone. Hell, his brother lost to a chick beaten by another chick with a tiny dagger like sword.

Even Martin would agree his guys wouldn't stand a chance against Jackson's characters.

Josh_Alexander
Thorin the main dwarf.

Thorin would rape Gregor. He hasn't beaten anyone. Hell, his brother lost to a chick beaten by another chick with a tiny dagger like sword.

Even Martin would agree his guys wouldn't stand a chance against Jackson's characters.

Haha No dwarf would even get close to the Mountain.

Azog seems terrifying against little weaker dwarves. This time he is fighting someone stronger than him!

The Mountain would decapitate him with his own hands!

quanchi112
Haha No dwarf would even get close to the Mountain.

Azog seems terrifying against little weaker dwarves. This time he is fighting someone stronger than him!

The Mountain would decapitate him with his own hands! Create a thread on any site with Thorin vs. Gregor and j bet they not only say Thorin wins but he rapes.

Azog is stronger than the Mountain.

Bullshit. Can't wait for the final season when his shit brother Sandor kills his zombie ass. Gregor is shit.

Josh_Alexander
Create a thread on any site with Thorin vs. Gregor and j bet they not only say Thorin wins but he rapes.

Azog is stronger than the Mountain.

Bullshit. Can't wait for the final season when his shit brother Sandor kills his zombie ass. Gregor is shit.

Based on fanatism not facts.

Azog isnt stronger than the mountain. Much less from Zombified Mountain.

Azog is shit for getting beaten by Thorin.

quanchi112
Based on fanatism not facts.

Azog isnt stronger than the mountain. Much less from Zombified Mountain.

Azog is shit for getting beaten by Thorin. So you think the world consists of Lotr fanatics ?

Based off what ? Squashing a tiny man's head ?

Dude, Gregor got his ass kicked. He has become Cersei's *****. Azog would bury this cuck.

Josh_Alexander
So you think the world consists of Lotr fanatics ?

Based off what ? Squashing a tiny man's head ?

Dude, Oberyn didn't beat anyone. Azog survived unlike Oberyn then won and then fatally wounded him in their final encounter.

No, but you have to give me facts to prove so, same as all.

Yes! What has Azog done besides being held by Thorin by the sword?

Oberyn beats Azog just as he beat Mountain. That doesnt mean Azog beats Mountain.

quanchi112
No, but you have to give me facts to prove so, same as all.

Yes! What has Azog done besides being held by Thorin by the sword?

Oberyn beats Azog just as he beat Mountain. That doesnt mean Azog beats Mountain. I have given you facts as have others.

Dominated dwarves in combat. Killed the dwarf leader, sent the son in terror, killed another of the line of Durin, put Gandalf on his ass, defeated Thorin, and led an Orc army for Sauron.

Oberyn failed in his one mission. Let it go. Azog has better feats, respect in his own universe, etc. Gregor didn't beat his brother. Ran off in embarrassment, got his ass kicked by Oberyn but was lucky he dropped his guard, and taken a vow of silence for his whore Queen Cersei.

Josh_Alexander
I have given you facts as have others.

Dominated dwarves in combat. Killed the dwarf leader, sent the son in terror, killed another of the line of Durin, put Gandalf on his ass, defeated Thorin, and led an Orc army for Sauron.

Oberyn failed in his one mission. Let it go. Azog has better feats, respect in his own universe, etc.

Which others?

Defeated dwarves. Just like the Mountain could. Kill and old dwarf! Mountain would have decapitated him with his bare hands!

Azog has one hand due to a dwarf! By the time this battle is over he will have no hands nor head!

Admit it Zombie Mountain is way above Azog.

quanchi112
Which others?

Defeated dwarves. Just like the Mountain could. Kill and old dwarf! Mountain would have decapitated him with his bare hands!

Azog has one hand due to a dwarf! By the time this battle is over he will have no hands nor head!

Admit it Zombie Mountain is way above Azog. I am saying other posters have given you facts as to reach their conclusions.

Yes, and Thorin as well as others. Gregor hasn't defeated anyone of status or outright on his own without Oberyn gloating.

Gregor is hideous as shit due to one small man. Azog unlike Jaime isn't a loser with his loss of hand. That's the thing in GoT they don't ever come back like Azog.

Azog would crush him. There aren't any facts to back your case. He looked even worse as a zombie. Slower and more dumb than ever. Who has he beaten ?

Sandor is going to kill this overrated pile of shit.

Josh_Alexander
I am saying other posters have given you facts as to reach their conclusions.

Yes, and Thorin as well as others. Gregor hasn't defeated anyone of status or outright on his own without Oberyn gloating.

Gregor is hideous as shit due to one small man. Azog unlike Jaime isn't a loser with his loss of hand. That's the thing in GoT they don't ever come back like Azog.

Azog would crush him. There aren't any facts to back your case. He looked even worse as a zombie. Slower and more dumb than ever. Who has he beaten ?

Sandor is going to kill this overrated pile of shit.

Not here at least, not to me.

Azog has never defeated anyone to the status of the Mountain!

Azog is an idiot for losing his hand to Thorin. Lol Jaime butchers azog in a heartbeat! Jaime lost his hand cause he was captured, not on battle!

They are the facts that he crushed Oberyn's skull with his bare hands. The facts that he decapitated a horse with one swing of his sword! He decapitated a man with his bare hands!

Azog is just an overrated orc! Which will get his ass kicked the moment he desires to challange Ser Gregor.

quanchi112
Not here at least, not to me.

Azog has never defeated anyone to the status of the Mountain!

Azog is an idiot for losing his hand to Thorin. Lol Jaime butchers azog in a heartbeat! Jaime lost his hand cause he was captured, not on battle!

They are the facts that he crushed Oberyn's skull with his bare hands. The facts that he decapitated a horse with one swing of his sword! He decapitated a man with his bare hands!

Azog is just an overrated orc! Which will get his ass kicked the moment he desires to challange Ser Gregor. Iyo but Gregor does t have any legit wins he earned over anyone even decent in GoT.

Jaime couldn't even show an edge over Stark. Dayne would crush Jaime. He has no impressive wins either. Didn't Brienne beat him iirc.

Azog is a badass while Jaime is pathetic with his missing hand.

Azog sent back multiple armored foes back many feet which is far more relevant in battle than squashing someone's head.

Nah, Gregor is going to get raped by Sandor. Calling it now.

Josh_Alexander
Iyo but Gregor does t have any legit wins he earned over anyone even decent in GoT.

Jaime couldn't even show an edge over Stark. Dayne would crush Jaime. He has no impressive wins either. Didn't Brienne beat him iirc.

Azog is a badass while Jaime is pathetic with his missing hand.

Azog sent back multiple armored foes back many feet which is far more relevant in battle than squashing someone's head.

Nah, Gregor is going to get raped by Sandor. Calling it now.

Cause thats the way the story goes. Doesnt mean he is weak or a bad fighter.

Azog doesnt reach the level of Jaime nor Ned! Lol! Azog is clumsy while Jaime is still a decent swords man with his weak hand!

Multiple Dwarves you mean, and with a hammer! Gregor could toss them the same way but using kicks! Just like he kicked Oberyn. But Zombie Gregor is stronger than Normal gregor.

You are assuming that. Ser Gregor beats Azog.

TheVaultDweller
Anybody who tries to downplay Middle-Earth Dwarves because of their stature has no idea what they are talking about. Dwarves are established as being exceptionally strong and hardy, even compared to most species, never mind relative to their physical stature. Also, despite said small stature, they are still regarded as powerful warriors and a formidable fighting force, capable of engaging Men, Elves, Orcs etc. in combat and winning. And we are shown tons of evidence of this when watching the likes of Thorin, Gimli and the others, across the various films, throughout the various battles, when they take on scores of opponents of greater physical size than them without issues.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Anybody who tries to downplay Middle-Earth Dwarves because of their stature has no idea what they are talking about. Dwarves are established as being exceptionally strong and hardy, even compared to most species, never mind relative to their physical stature. Also, despite said small stature, they are still regarded as powerful warriors and a formidable fighting force, capable of engaging Men, Elves, Orcs etc. in combat and winning. And we are shown tons of evidence of this when watching the likes of Thorin, Gimli and the others, across the various films, throughout the various battles, when they take on scores of opponents of greater physical size than them without issues.

Am not underestimating them.

But the bigger opponent always has the advantage over the small one. Azog was bigger, they couldnt even get near him cause he would mace them! In this case the Mountain is big and strong enough to take him head on.

quanchi112
Cause thats the way the story goes. Doesnt mean he is weak or a bad fighter.

Azog doesnt reach the level of Jaime nor Ned! Lol! Azog is clumsy while Jaime is still a decent swords man with his weak hand!

Multiple Dwarves you mean, and with a hammer! Gregor could toss them the same way but using kicks! Just like he kicked Oberyn. But Zombie Gregor is stronger than Normal gregor.

You are assuming that. Ser Gregor beats Azog. Oberyn made him look awful and he didn't have an edge over Sandor who has been dominated and beaten down by a woman.

See you can't even believe this as it's based off nothing. Jaime was beaten by Brienne. The only two great combatants from GoT are Oberyn and Dayne.

Oberyn had leather armor and he's very skinny. He's an ectomprph body type.

Based off what is zombie version stronger ?

Nah, Gregor is slow and hasn't beaten anyone exceptional based off the showings. Azog would thoroughly dominate him.

TheVaultDweller
Am not underestimating them.

But the bigger opponent always has the advantage over the small one. Azog was bigger, they couldnt even get near him cause he would mace them! In this case the Mountain is big and strong enough to take him head on.

Then I would suggest adjusting your tone a bit. The way you talk about defeating Dwarves makes it sound as though any chump could do it, when the actual films suggest otherwise.

Again, Dwarves have shown time and time again that they are perfectly capable of contending with opponents that have a reach advantage. IIRC, Gimli actually ended up with one more kill than Legolas at Helm's Deep, despite him not having any ranged weapons. And Azog is not the only opponent Thorin fought that had him in size either. Dwarf size has not been shown to seriously hamper them in 1-on-1 combat (at least not that I can recall), so Thorin being a Dwarf does not at all detract from the showings.

And, yes, Gregor is bigger, but he is also definitely way slower than Thorin was. Thorin used maneuverability against Azog, which is something Gregor sure as shit can't do.

Josh_Alexander
Oberyn made him look awful and he didn't have an edge over Sandor who has been dominated and beaten down by a woman.

See you can't even believe this as it's based off nothing. Jaime was beaten by Brienne. The only two great combatants from GoT are Oberyn and Dayne.

Oberyn had leather armor and he's very skinny. He's an ectomprph body type.

Based off what is zombie version stronger ?

Nah, Gregor is slow and hasn't beaten anyone exceptional based off the showings. Azog would thoroughly dominate him.

Oberyn is MUCH FASTER than any dwarf Azog has fought! So the comparisson doesnt support your point. Lol that Woman is WAY above Azog.

Brienne would **** Azog any time! Jaime too. Ned the same thing. Azog only has a chance against normal Clegane. Zombi Clegane rapes Azog. Simply to strong for Azog.

Lol Zombi version is much more durable! He received a mace to the chest and didnt even blink! Zombi Clegane is much more patient, also he seems to have no feelings. Its a Zombi. He could tale more than what normal Clegance could. And pay attention, cause normal clegane is a JUGGERNAUT.

Azog loses this. Zombi Gregor is to much for him.Azog only has one hand, which makes him even worst.

Josh_Alexander
Then I would suggest adjusting your tone a bit. The way you talk about defeating Dwarves makes it sound as though any chump could do it, when the actual films suggest otherwise.

Again, Dwarves have shown time and time again that they are perfectly capable of contending with opponents that have a reach advantage. IIRC, Gimli actually ended up with one more kill than Legolas at Helm's Deep, despite him not having any ranged weapons. And Azog is not the only opponent Thorin fought that had him in size either. Dwarf size has not been shown to seriously hamper them in 1-on-1 combat (at least not that I can recall), so Thorin being a Dwarf does not at all detract from the showings.

And, yes, Gregor is bigger, but he is also definitely way slower than Thorin was. Thorin used maneuverability against Azog, which is something Gregor sure as shit can't do.

If Azog was an Elf or Man slayer then he would be more respectable.

Am not saying dwarves are bad fighters, but they couldnt even get close to give Azog a proper fight!

https://youtu.be/olVsFS8Ajtk

Battle of Moria. Azog height gave him a HUGE advantage; as its usual. The Dwarves couldnt even get close to him, cause his long arms would send them back by that mace. So the dwarves short height does give them a disadvanatage.

Azog is fighting a big opponent this time. One with a big sword. Clegane wont be afraid of getting close to Azog. He will cut his way to him.

Dwarves are good fighters, but as seen in the video Azog had an easy fiht with them.

It reassembles the battle of the last Alliance, when Sauron was so tall he just sent all humans back with his mace. Size is always an advantage in a battle.

quanchi112
Oberyn is MUCH FASTER than any dwarf Azog has fought! So the comparisson doesnt support your point. Lol that Woman is WAY above Azog.

Brienne would **** Azog any time! Jaime too. Ned the same thing. Azog only has a chance against normal Clegane. Zombi Clegane rapes Azog. Simply to strong for Azog.

Lol Zombi version is much more durable! He received a mace to the chest and didnt even blink! Zombi Clegane is much more patient, also he seems to have no feelings. Its a Zombi. He could tale more than what normal Clegance could. And pay attention, cause normal clegane is a JUGGERNAUT.

Azog loses this. Zombi Gregor is to much for him.Azog only has one hand, which makes him even worst. Based off what ? No one agrees.

Nah, you just say any GoT character wins despite the lack of evidence. Who has zombie Clegane beat due to superior strength that was a credible opponent. He's killed zealots and regular people.

It didn't hit his skin iir .

This is Azog vs. Oberyn not Gregor.

Josh_Alexander
Based off what ? No one agrees.

Nah, you just say any GoT character wins despite the lack of evidence. Who has zombie Clegane beat due to superior strength that was a credible opponent. He's killed zealots and regular people.

It didn't hit his skin iir .

This is Azog vs. Oberyn not Gregor.

If you cant bring me proof that those dwarves can move as Oberyn does then i will reconsider. But i know you cant, cause no dwarf is as fast as Oberyn. Ive watched the movies.

Who has Azog defeated that is as big, strong, durable, and mighty as Zombi Gregor? Your logic can be used against you.

This is Azog vs Gregor lol.

Gregor decapitates Azog with his bear hands. Azog doesnt fill the requirements.

quanchi112
If you cant bring me proof that those dwarves can move as Oberyn does then i will reconsider. But i know you cant, cause no dwarf is as fast as Oberyn. Ive watched the movies.

Who has Azog defeated that is as big, strong, durable, and mighty as Zombi Gregor? Your logic can be used against you.

This is Azog vs Gregor lol.

Gregor decapitates Azog with his bear hands. Azog doesnt fill the requirements. Oberyn didn't use blazing speed he was just a lot quicker than Gregor who was very slow in his full armor.

More than Gregor has beaten. We don't know how durable Gregor is as a zombie either.

You mean bare hands but that's ridiculous. He'd get impaled if he dared try to manhandle the guy. Gregor killed a much smaller man Azog would make him feel small and weak. He's more muscular than Gregor is. He's a literal beast. Greater combat feats of strength. Gregor manhandles lightly claden, much smaller foes.

Josh_Alexander
Oberyn didn't use blazing speed he was just a lot quicker than Gregor who was very slow in his full armor.

More than Gregor has beaten. We don't know how durable Gregor is as a zombie either.

You mean bare hands but that's ridiculous. He'd get impaled if he dared try to manhandle the guy. Gregor killed a much smaller man Azog would make him feel small and weak. He's more muscular than Gregor is. He's a literal beast. Greater combat feats of strength. Gregor manhandles lightly claden, much smaller foes.

He didnt use blazing speed, but he dodge like a ninja master! Oberyn is much more agile than any Dwarf seen on screen.

Durable enough to recieve a mace in the chest and not evev move! Normal gregor endured 2 spears, now imagine how much more will Zombi Gregor take.

Lol! Thats gonna be after he amputates both his shoulders (therefore Azog wont have limbs to put Swords on). Lol. Azog is a dwarf killer! Azog isnt gonna be as confident fighting a dude of his size! The Mountain is fearless! Lol! Which feats? Throwing dwarves with a mace? The Mountain could do it better.

Much smaller foes? Lol, since when are dwarves bigger than humans?

quanchi112
He didnt use blazing speed, but he dodge like a ninja master! Oberyn is much more agile than any Dwarf seen on screen.

Durable enough to recieve a mace in the chest and not evev move! Normal gregor endured 2 spears, now imagine how much more will Zombi Gregor take.

Lol! Thats gonna be after he amputates both his shoulders (therefore Azog wont have limbs to put Swords on). Lol. Azog is a dwarf killer! Azog isnt gonna be as confident fighting a dude of his size! The Mountain is fearless! Lol! Which feats? Throwing dwarves with a mace? The Mountain could do it better.

Much smaller foes? Lol, since when are dwarves bigger than humans? I wouldn't say that I'd say he's look cool doing it but a lot of his dazzling elusiveness is unnecessary and wasted movement.

Did it get past his armor ? That's his armor not his flesh.

Says who ? He killed an Orc easily and we see dwarves tear through human beings. Your claims these dwarves are weak isn't founded in the Lotr universe but some realistically based claim. Comparing Lotr super humans with humans is disastrous. The coordination and feats by these dwarves make the GoT look pitiful by comparison.

They have a lower center of gravity and are more muscular than Oberyn who is a tiny man who is a bigger target with a higher center of gravity. Gregor is a very slow target not that greatly skilled and just really strong. Azog has better combat strngth feats with his mace than Gregor does with his sword. Azog tears him up.

Josh_Alexander
I wouldn't say that I'd say he's look cool doing it but a lot of his dazzling elusiveness is unnecessary and wasted movement.

Did it get past his armor ? That's his armor not his flesh.

Says who ? He killed an Orc easily and we see dwarves tear through human beings. Your claims these dwarves are weak isn't founded in the Lotr universe but some realistically based claim. Comparing Lotr super humans with humans is disastrous. The coordination and feats by these dwarves make the GoT look pitiful by comparison.

They have a lower center of gravity and are more muscular than Oberyn who is a tiny man who is a bigger target with a higher center of gravity. Gregor is a very slow target not that greatly skilled and just really strong. Azog has better combat strngth feats with his mace than Gregor does with his sword. Azog tears him up.

1. I didnt say dwarves are weak. Read carefully. I said Dwarves size gives them a disadvantage against Azog. Azog long arms and his mace keeps the dwarves away. Azog has an advatage in size.

2. The Mountain wont give a **** about Azog Mace. He will move on with his huge sword and send the ***** to the ground! Then he will mutilate him.

3. LoTR humans are inferior to GoT ones.

4. They are also slower and less agile! Oberyn kills Azog, just like Gregor does.

5. Azog only uses his mace and brute force. Gregor is slow but HELL HE KNOWS HOW TO USE HIS SWORD!

6. Azog aint fast enough to dodge Gregor. Gregor is stronger, more resistant than Azog.

Conclusion. Zombi Gregor ****s azog.

quanchi112
1. I didnt say dwarves are weak. Read carefully. I said Dwarves size gives them a disadvantage against Azog. Azog long arms and his mace keeps the dwarves away. Azog has an advatage in size. Whixh can be overcome just as Oberyn overcame the size advantage of Gregor. Did he help Grefor or did Oberyn dominate him ?

Well then he's stupid. I agree he is dumb. Based on nothing. He hasn't done so to anyone credible.

Bullshit. The ones from the original trilogy would stomp a mud hole in the weak GoT humans. The entire universe is superior to GoT. All you have are numbers which will be cut down shortly.
4. Based on ? Baseless conclusion.

5. Azog has shown superior skill and strength with his mace. He's disarmed Thorin right out of the gate and beaten him. Gregor made contact with Oberyn but didn't defeat him with an earned victory.

6. Based off what ? Gregor didn't even send Oberyn flying back and he's definitely stronger than him. Azog outweighs Oberyn and is far stronger. This needs to stop.

Azog skull ****s him. The showings, the combat strength, the combat skill all point to Azog.

Josh_Alexander
Whixh can be overcome just as Oberyn overcame the size advantage of Gregor. Did he help Grefor or did Oberyn dominate him ?

Well then he's stupid. I agree he is dumb. Based on nothing. He hasn't done so to anyone credible.

Bullshit. The ones from the original trilogy would stomp a mud hole in the weak GoT humans. The entire universe is superior to GoT. All you have are numbers which will be cut down shortly.
4. Based on ? Baseless conclusion.

5. Azog has shown superior skill and strength with his mace. He's disarmed Thorin right out of the gate and beaten him. Gregor made contact with Oberyn but didn't defeat him with an earned victory.

6. Based off what ? Gregor didn't even send Oberyn flying back and he's definitely stronger than him. Azog outweighs Oberyn and is far stronger. This needs to stop.

Azog skull ****s him. The showings, the combat strength, the combat skill all point to Azog.

Oberyn is Fatser and more agile than those dwarves. Donr make me repeat myself. Furthermore, he had a SPEAR which compensated for the size disadvantage. Dwarves were ****ed by Azog because of their size!

Based on what? The original trilogy ones dont reach the level of humans like Jaime or Ned! But this thread doesnt concern this topic either way.

Lol! Give that mace to Gregor and he would shatter shields and crush elves instead of tossing them! Gregor smashed Oberyns head like if it was an egg! Gregor is stronger than Azog, that i can assure you.

Oberyn was using a spear to keep him away!

Azog gets butchered. Gregor is to strong. Gregor uses a sword, a huge one. Azog uses a Mace. Gregor sword will cut Azog into pieces. Azog mace will only punch Gregor's Chestplate.

Azog dies to this!

http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj531/Josh-Alexander/GloZNLbU_400x400_zpszprhs7by.jpg

quanchi112
Oberyn is Fatser and more agile than those dwarves. Donr make me repeat myself. Furthermore, he had a SPEAR which compensated for the size disadvantage. Dwarves were ****ed by Azog because of their size!

Based on what? The original trilogy ones dont reach the level of humans like Jaime or Ned! But this thread doesnt concern this topic either way.

Lol! Give that mace to Gregor and he would shatter shields and crush elves instead of tossing them! Gregor smashed Oberyns head like if it was an egg! Gregor is stronger than Azog, that i can assure you.

Oberyn was using a spear to keep him away!

Azog gets butchered. Gregor is to strong. Gregor uses a sword, a huge one. Azog uses a Mace. Gregor sword will cut Azog into pieces. Azog mace will only punch Gregor's Chestplate.

Azog dies to this!

] Debatable but he's less durable and far weaker than Thorin. Once you take away the spear he had no chance physically. Even then he couldn't afford any mistakes since his body is too weak to withstand even a punch from Gregor.

Those are the elites not the grunts. The regular armies showed far greater resistance than the GoT human level grunts.

False. Plus that isn't how debating works. We see Azog do so not Gregor. They don't switch weapons or feats. Speculation isn't the same thing as a fact.

Gregor wasn't too strong to defeat anyone competent thus far. Sandor went uo talked shit to him and he did nothing. When they eventually fight and Sandor wins you won't be able to say anything since they already fought pre zombie. Gregor showed no advantages then and he will lose. Can't wait.

Until then Azog's feats and combat showings are far greater than a guy who was decimated skill wise by a tiny man who isn't anywhere near as strong or powerful as Azog.

Azog rapes him.

Gregor loses to this guy.

https://media.giphy.com/media/XHsuETuv8X14Y/giphy.gif

Josh_Alexander
Debatable but he's less durable and far weaker than Thorin. Once you take away the spear he had no chance physically. Even then he couldn't afford any mistakes since his body is too weak to withstand even a punch from Gregor.

Those are the elites not the grunts. The regular armies showed far greater resistance than the GoT human level grunts.

False. Plus that isn't how debating works. We see Azog do so not Gregor. They don't switch weapons or feats. Speculation isn't the same thing as a fact.

Gregor wasn't too strong to defeat anyone competent thus far. Sandor went uo talked shit to him and he did nothing. When they eventually fight and Sandor wins you won't be able to say anything since they already fought pre zombie. Gregor showed no advantages then and he will lose. Can't wait.

Until then Azog's feats and combat showings are far greater than a guy who was decimated skill wise by a tiny man who isn't anywhere near as strong or powerful as Azog.

Azog rapes him.

Gregor loses to this guy.

https://media.giphy.com/media/XHsuETuv8X14Y/giphy.gif

Still, Oberyn is fast. He doesn't need durability if he won't get hit. On the other hand, the dwarves get maced by Azog.

I disagree.

Lol, Gregor is much stronger than Azog, what makes you think he can't hold a mace and send Dwarves flying away?

Lol. Azog isn't a competent rival for the Mountain. Simply he isn't

Azog isn't fast enough to dodge that sword, which means he will have to block. He can't keep the distance. The Mountain will punish him for that. Azog is missing an arm. Which doesn't help his case.

Azog has never fought someone like Gregor, who can take a lot. Gregor could probably take a mace to the chest and be just fine. On the other hand, Azog won't survive a sword swing to the chest!

Clegane is too big, too strong, and too resistant for Azog.

KO for Azog.

By the way, i am making a thread. I hope you can participate.

quanchi112
Still, Oberyn is fast. He doesn't need durability if he won't get hit. On the other hand, the dwarves get maced by Azog.

I disagree.

Lol, Gregor is much stronger than Azog, what makes you think he can't hold a mace and send Dwarves flying away?

Lol. Azog isn't a competent rival for the Mountain. Simply he isn't

Azog isn't fast enough to dodge that sword, which means he will have to block. He can't keep the distance. The Mountain will punish him for that. Azog is missing an arm. Which doesn't help his case.

Azog has never fought someone like Gregor, who can take a lot. Gregor could probably take a mace to the chest and be just fine. On the other hand, Azog won't survive a sword swing to the chest!

Clegane is too big, too strong, and too resistant for Azog.

KO for Azog.

By the way, i am making a thread. I hope you can participate. He needs durability since he was hit and later killed. He has no room for error which makes his challenge very difficult.

He didn't send a lightly claden Oberyn so why would he send a much bulkier armor claden dwarf or two flying. Oberyn is very thin and wasn't wearing heavy armor to restrict his movement.

Saying he isn't a rival of the Mountain is simply speculative as the evidence doesn't even suggest the guy is a force in GoT. Azog is a king slayer which is a high praise in GoT.

Azog has fought superior foes than Gregor. Gregor possesses less skill and less combat strength with his weapon. He gets disarmed very quickly or impaled if he gets too close to Azog's left appendage.

Gregor didn't take much damage before laying flat on his back to Oberyn. When has he taken multiple stabbings and not had to play possum to come out on top ?

Azog buries him. Greater feats, greater skill, greater combat strength, and he actually lead an army. Gregor is some guy who lost to a queer in jousting and was embarrassed by his brother Sandor for his man tantrum.

Josh_Alexander
He needs durability since he was hit and later killed. He has no room for error which makes his challenge very difficult.

He didn't send a lightly claden Oberyn so why would he send a much bulkier armor claden dwarf or two flying. Oberyn is very thin and wasn't wearing heavy armor to restrict his movement.

Saying he isn't a rival of the Mountain is simply speculative as the evidence doesn't even suggest the guy is a force in GoT. Azog is a king slayer which is a high praise in GoT.

Azog has fought superior foes than Gregor. Gregor possesses less skill and less combat strength with his weapon. He gets disarmed very quickly or impaled if he gets too close to Azog's left appendage.

Gregor didn't take much damage before laying flat on his back to Oberyn. When has he taken multiple stabbings and not had to play possum to come out on top ?

Azog buries him. Greater feats, greater skill, greater combat strength, and he actually lead an army. Gregor is some guy who lost to a queer in jousting and was embarrassed by his brother Sandor for his man tantrum.

Yeah but he loves challanges xd.

He did sent Oberyn flying with a kick! Lol. He can send dwarves flying, that is for sure.

Azog is a killer of dwarves which can't even touch them cause his long arms send them back flying! Azog is just an oversized orc with a bit of brains. By the time Clegane is over with him, he will be the size of a Dwarf and will less brains.

Which superior foes, you name them!? Appart from dwarves which can't even get close to him. Azog is a bully. Make him fight Aragorn or someone tall and he aint nothing.

Greater combat strenght? Where is the evidence behind that?

Azog's left appendage is good for nothing. Clegane's sword is big and thick enough to repel that mace. Meanwhile Clegane grabs Azog by the neck, and that is the end for that colorless orc.

quanchi112
Yeah but he loves challanges xd.

He did sent Oberyn flying with a kick! Lol. He can send dwarves flying, that is for sure.

Azog is a killer of dwarves which can't even touch them cause his long arms send them back flying! Azog is just an oversized orc with a bit of brains. By the time Clegane is over with him, he will be the size of a Dwarf and will less brains.

Which superior foes, you name them!? Appart from dwarves which can't even get close to him. Azog is a bully. Make him fight Aragorn or someone tall and he aint nothing.

Greater combat strenght? Where is the evidence behind that?

Azog's left appendage is good for nothing. Clegane's sword is big and thick enough to repel that mace. Meanwhile Clegane grabs Azog by the neck, and that is the end for that colorless orc. Not with his weapons when they are fully armored IMO.

Azog is the leader of the orcs. This myth he can only kill dwarves is stretching reason and logic by a country mile. Azog is the leader of an army so he's tactically sound and battle tested.

Based off what ? We see Gimli more than hold his own in the fellowship. He kills on pace with Legolas whose primary weapon is a bow and arrows.

Disarming Thorin, sending dwarves flying, breaking through a sheet of ice while at freezing temperatures for a considerable amount of time.

I don't agree. He has ability to disarm his opponent which he's done. Gregor just broke his opponents spear which is not the same thing as the mace.

If he'd dare grab him he'd be stabbed since he has a built in blade into his left upper appendage.

TheVaultDweller
If Azog was an Elf or Man slayer then he would be more respectable.

Am not saying dwarves are bad fighters, but they couldnt even get close to give Azog a proper fight!

https://youtu.be/olVsFS8Ajtk

Battle of Moria. Azog height gave him a HUGE advantage; as its usual. The Dwarves couldnt even get close to him, cause his long arms would send them back by that mace. So the dwarves short height does give them a disadvanatage.

Azog is fighting a big opponent this time. One with a big sword. Clegane wont be afraid of getting close to Azog. He will cut his way to him.

Dwarves are good fighters, but as seen in the video Azog had an easy fiht with them.

It reassembles the battle of the last Alliance, when Sauron was so tall he just sent all humans back with his mace. Size is always an advantage in a battle.

Seriously? Dwarves have slain Men, Elves, Orcs, Uruk-hai, Giant Spiders etc. (opponents either equal or much larger than them). But yeah, killing them isn't respectable. roll eyes (sarcastic)

But a guy with barely any feats, who nearly died beating someone else with barely any feats, and who is visibly WAY slower than the guys Azog fought, is super impressive? Well, I can see that there will be no reasoning with you.

Josh_Alexander
Seriously? Dwarves have slain Men, Elves, Orcs, Uruk-hai, Giant Spiders etc. (opponents either equal or much larger than them). But yeah, killing them isn't respectable. roll eyes (sarcastic)

But a guy with barely any feats, who nearly died beating someone else with barely any feats, and who is visibly WAY slower than the guys Azog fought, is super impressive? Well, I can see that there will be no reasoning with you.

Yes it would be! Those dwarves had no chance against Azog! Did you watched the scene when he was tossing them like dolls with his mace?

Does dwarves didnt even manage to scratch his legs!!

So don't come and tell me here that those dwarves are mighty opponents for Azog!

Darkstorm Zero
Yes it would be! Those dwarves had no chance against Azog! Did you watched the scene when he was tossing them like dolls with his mace?

Does dwarves didnt even manage to scratch his legs!!

So don't come and tell me here that those dwarves are mighty opponents for Azog!

I think the point TheVaultDweller is making is that the Dwarves, while formidable opponents for anyone, were getting beaten by Azog, and if they could not do it (Which Thorin eventually did) then what chance does Gregor have?

Meaning they are loooking at that scene as a very high showing for Azog, not a low showing for the Dwarves.

Josh_Alexander
I think the point TheVaultDweller is making is that the Dwarves, while formidable opponents for anyone, were getting beaten by Azog, and if they could not do it (Which Thorin eventually did) then what chance does Gregor have?

Meaning they are loooking at that scene as a very high showing for Azog, not a low showing for the Dwarves.

I understand his point very well! But i think HE is not understanding my point.

What is the point of being so strong and formidable if they can't even get close to Azog!? Their arms are too short to even SCRATCH AZOG!

Azog's size gives him a HUGE advantage over the dwarves, although this are so formidable!

Put Clegane in his place, and he might do the job better! Clegane is stronger and more durable than Azog.

Darkstorm Zero

What is the point of being so strong and formidable if they can't even get close to Azog!? Their arms are too short to even SCRATCH AZOG!

Azog's size gives him a HUGE advantage over the dwarves, although this are so formidable!

Put Clegane in his place, and he might do the job better! Clegane is stronger and more durable than Azog.

Ehhhhh no. They are short, but not that short. Thorin proves that Dwarves can fight larger opponents quite effectively. They aren't Tyrion levels of short.

But they did, proving that they are formidable fighters themselves.

Like I said, size is but one type of advantage. There are other types, such as smaller profile, swiftness, stoutness, stamina, expertise, all those things. Being large on it's own is not much of an advantage, especially if your foe is experienced in taking down foes larger than themselves, which, as you can imagine for Dwarves, is damn near every other race on Middle Earth :P

Another maybe? And you are assuming Gregor is stringer or more durable. Given what Azog did during the fight with thorin, I'm actually more willing to give the strength edge to Azog. Gregor's best feat was crushing a skull. Azog's best strength frat, and durability feat mind you, was surviving an ice bath, then busting out from underneath the ice with no leverage relatively unscathed. I ask you, do you know how insane that kind of feat really is? It's far more difficult than crushing a skull...

KingD19
Azog was chucking around that block of stone attached to the chain like a flail.

omgchos
Azog is en entire foot taller than the mountain. Although he did puss out when he got his arm lobbed off. Gregor was poisoned and impaled and still managed to kill the viper. That point about the ice bath is a good one tho. Although i blame that on the fuster cluck that was the hobbit movies. But it is [retty difinitive that Azog is alot tougher.

TheVaultDweller

You very clearly aren't. The point is that, despite their lack of physical stature, opponents still normally fail to take advantage of this. Because Dwarves have adjusted in order to effectively take on larger opponents, as seen when they do in fact do so across the films. Yet it did not work against Azog. And as, Darkstorm Zero pointed out, size is only one factor in a fight.

Ehhhhh no. They are short, but not that short. Thorin proves that Dwarves can fight larger opponents quite effectively. They aren't Tyrion levels of short.

But they did, proving that they are formidable fighters themselves.

Like I said, size is but one type of advantage. There are other types, such as smaller profile, swiftness, stoutness, stamina, expertise, all those things. Being large on it's own is not much of an advantage, especially if your foe is experienced in taking down foes larger than themselves, which, as you can imagine for Dwarves, is damn near every other race on Middle Earth :P

Another maybe? And you are assuming Gregor is stringer or more durable. Given what Azog did during the fight with thorin, I'm actually more willing to give the strength edge to Azog. Gregor's best feat was crushing a skull. Azog's best strength frat, and durability feat mind you, was surviving an ice bath, then busting out from underneath the ice with no leverage relatively unscathed. I ask you, do you know how insane that kind of feat really is? It's far more difficult than crushing a skull...

This, basically.

quanchi112
Azog was chucking around that block of stone attached to the chain like a flail. Azog is clearly much stronger than Gregor.

quanchi112
Originally posted by omgchos
Azog is en entire foot taller than the mountain. Although he did puss out when he got his arm lobbed off. Gregor was poisoned and impaled and still managed to kill the viper. That point about the ice bath is a good one tho. Although i blame that on the fuster cluck that was the hobbit movies. But it is His arm was caught off which is far worse than what happened to Gregor who had to play possum like a *****. Sneaky little ****** but he isn't rougher, stronger, or more skilled than Azog. At least your limited intellect reached the right conclusion that Azog wins.

Josh_Alexander
Azog was chucking around that block of stone attached to the chain like a flail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olVsFS8Ajtk

Mind yourself to look at the video.

The fact is that Azog RAPED THOSE DWARVES!

I don't care how strong they are or how mighty, they didn't had a chance! Azog long arms and mace prevented them from even getting close to him!!

Even Thorin couldn't get close! It was only to the end, when he managed to use the Oak to close distance and cut Azog's arm!

Please don't come and try to tell me those dwarves are mighty opponents for Azog! They didn't had a chance!

Azog is en entire foot taller than the mountain. Although he did puss out when he got his arm lobbed off. Gregor was poisoned and impaled and still managed to kill the viper. That point about the ice bath is a good one tho. Although i blame that on the fuster cluck that was the hobbit movies. But it is

No. Azog is one inch smaller than the Mountain.

Azog is 7 feet tall in the movie.

http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj531/Josh-Alexander/as_zpswpqw5yp0.jpg

The Mountain is 7 1" feet tall.

You very clearly aren't. The point is that, despite their lack of physical stature, opponents still normally fail to take advantage of this. Because Dwarves have adjusted in order to effectively take on larger opponents, as seen when they do in fact do so across the films. Yet it did not work against Azog. And as, Darkstorm Zero pointed out, size is only one factor in a fight.

This, basically.

Read what i replied to Darkstorm Zero.

It doesn't matter how much you say that the Dwarves are great fighters...Which i don't deny...But they got NO CHANCE AGAINST AZOG.

0 CHANCE. They were too small to even get close to him. PERIOD!

Azog is clearly much stronger than Gregor.

Does that mean that Gregor can't lift a stone!? Please.

Gregor decapitated a Horse with one swing of his sword!!!

He smashed the head of Oberyn like if it was an egg.

Decapitated a man's head with his hands like if he was pulling onions!

Azog has show no feats! No feats that even compare to that.

Based on screen, Gregor is stronger.

His arm was caught off which is far worse than what happened to Gregor who had to play possum like a *****. Sneaky little ****** but he isn't rougher, stronger, or more skilled than Azog. At least your limited intellect reached the right conclusion that Azog wins.

Azog loses. Doesn't have what it takes to kill the Mountain.

He doesn't have one Arm. He is clumsy with that big rock of his!

What makes you even think Azog can go against Ser Gregor Clegane!? (Zombi mountain).

Evidence supports Gregor. Period.

quanchi112
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olVsFS8Ajtk

Mind yourself to look at the video.

The fact is that Azog RAPED THOSE DWARVES!

I don't care how strong they are or how mighty, they didn't had a chance! Azog long arms and mace prevented them from even getting close to him!!

Even Thorin couldn't get close! It was only to the end, when he managed to use the Oak to close distance and cut Azog's arm!

Please don't come and try to tell me those dwarves are mighty opponents for Azog! They didn't had a chance!

Read what i replied to Darkstorm Zero.

It doesn't matter how much you say that the Dwarves are great fighters...Which i don't deny...But they got NO CHANCE AGAINST AZOG.

0 CHANCE. They were too small to even get close to him. PERIOD!

Does that mean that Gregor can't lift a stone!? Please.

Gregor decapitated a Horse with one swing of his sword!!!

He smashed the head of Oberyn like if it was an egg.

Decapitated a man's head with his hands like if he was pulling onions!

Azog has show no feats! No feats that even compare to that.

Based on screen, Gregor is stronger.

Azog loses. Doesn't have what it takes to kill the Mountain.

He doesn't have one Arm. He is clumsy with that big rock of his!

What makes you even think Azog can go against Ser Gregor Clegane!? (Zombi mountain).

Evidence supports Gregor. Period. I didn't say he can't lift a stone I said when he swings his weapon guys don't go flying backwards. A horse just standing there not able to defend itself isn't impressive in the slightest.

He crushed a tiny man's head who posed no threat to him physically. Oberyn needed distance and his skill to best him.

Azog being perfectly still burst through a frozen lake with armor on like nothing. He tossed multiple dwarves back with his superior strength. He used that chain and block very effectively which required super strength in order to do so.

He only needs one arm. He was still amazing with one arm.

His feats. Nothing Gregor has done proves he can even beat a GoT character let alone a superhuman one known as Azog. He didn't beat Samdor and only killed a much smaller man after playing possum because in combat he was thoroughly decimated.

Azog would kill Gregor. Badly. Gregor has no legit wins over anyone impressive due to skill.

Josh_Alexander
I didn't say he can't lift a stone I said when he swings his weapon guys don't go flying backwards. A horse just standing there not able to defend itself isn't impressive in the slightest.

He crushed a tiny man's head who posed no threat to him physically. Oberyn needed distance and his skill to best him.

Azog being perfectly still burst through a frozen lake with armor on like nothing. He tossed multiple dwarves back with his superior strength. He used that chain and block very effectively which required super strength in order to do so.

He only needs one arm. He was still amazing with one arm.

His feats. Nothing Gregor has done proves he can even beat a GoT character let alone a superhuman one known as Azog. He didn't beat Samdor and only killed a much smaller man after playing possum because in combat he was thoroughly decimated.

Azog would kill Gregor. Badly. Gregor has no legit wins over anyone impressive due to skill.

Cause they were able to dodge it. Azog is clumsy when using that rock.

Doesn't matter. You realize that to fully decapitate a man requires strenght right? No normal person can do it. Now imagine decapitating an Animal that has a 4x or 5x thicker neck.

I don't see why Clegane couldn't do the samething. It's just a block tied to a chain.

It's the only feats Azog has shown of strenght. Do you realize the amount of strenght required to smash a skull with your hands? Or to remove a guy's head from his shoulders with your arms!?

Again, I believe Clegane is stronger.

quanchi112
Cause they were able to dodge it. Azog is clumsy when using that rock.

Doesn't matter. You realize that to fully decapitate a man requires strenght right? No normal person can do it. Now imagine decapitating an Animal that has a 4x or 5x thicker neck.

I don't see why Clegane couldn't do the samething. It's just a block tied to a chain.

It's the only feats Azog has shown of strenght. Do you realize the amount of strenght required to smash a skull with your hands? Or to remove a guy's head from his shoulders with your arms!?

Again, I believe Clegane is stronger. Thorin was able to wars him off but he get caught as well. Strength and a weapon. I am not saying Gregor isn't strong I'm saying he isn't combat super strong. Cutting a horses head off didn't help him show any superiority against Sandor.

Clegane hasn't that's why I don't see him being able to do so. He looks very slow with his sword let alone something that greatly outweighs it.

A small skull is super strength but it isn't combat related to which they are armed here. Azog is far bigger as well than Oberyn. Azog knocks guys back many feet who are fully armored just by the force of the strength with his mace.

I disagree but Gregor isn't combat relates strong he's I'm wrestling around with a much smaller guy strong.

Josh_Alexander
Thorin was able to wars him off but he get caught as well. Strength and a weapon. I am not saying Gregor isn't strong I'm saying he isn't combat super strong. Cutting a horses head off didn't help him show any superiority against Sandor.

Clegane hasn't that's why I don't see him being able to do so. He looks very slow with his sword let alone something that greatly outweighs it.

A small skull is super strength but it isn't combat related to which they are armed here. Azog is far bigger as well than Oberyn. Azog knocks guys back many feet who are fully armored just by the force of the strength with his mace.

I disagree but Gregor isn't combat relates strong he's I'm wrestling around with a much smaller guy strong.

Thorin was still beaten hardly by Azog! He just got a lucky shot at cutting his hand, and he took it. Doesn't mean that it was a fair fight.

Gregor is stronger than Sandor, that is for sure. And obviously Sandor is faster and better with the sword. Azog on the other hand, isn't as skilled of a swordman as Sandor nor as fast.

Azog is also far slower than Oberyn. And breaking a skull is something. Imagine if he has that kind of strenght in his fingers now imagine how strong his arms are! Try to break a skull yourself and tell me if that doens't require super strenght.

Zombi Clegane is too much for Azog.

I admit Azog could kill the normal Clegane, but Zombi Clegane can take much more than Normal Clegane.

quanchi112
Thorin was still beaten hardly by Azog! He just got a lucky shot at cutting his hand, and he took it. Doesn't mean that it was a fair fight.

Gregor is stronger than Sandor, that is for sure. And obviously Sandor is faster and better with the sword. Azog on the other hand, isn't as skilled of a swordman as Sandor nor as fast.

Azog is also far slower than Oberyn. And breaking a skull is something. Imagine if he has that kind of strenght in his fingers now imagine how strong his arms are! Try to break a skull yourself and tell me if that doens't require super strenght.

Zombi Clegane is too much for Azog.

I admit Azog could kill the normal Clegane, but Zombi Clegane can take much more than Normal Clegane. What wasn't a fair fight ? Their first fight at Moria ?

He is stronger but combat wise he showed no advantage sword to sword. Azog is more skilled with a mace than Sandor is with a mace. Sandor was decisively beaten by Brienne and what's worse he was beaten hand to hand by a big woman.

He's slower but super strength kills Oberyn pretty quickly. It is impressive but combat wise this strength can't even overwhelmed his brother who doesn't have the strength feats of Azog.

Zombie Clegane hasn't shown any improvements thus far. What are you basing this off of ?

omgchos

Actually the original actor to play gregor was 7'1", the second was 6'9". Thats just splitting hairs tho.

Also the official lotr wiki has him listed at 8'5". Idk where you got that image, but at this point it looks like his height is contentious at best.

Edit: if you wanna split more hairs the actor who plays azog is 5'11".

Josh_Alexander
Actually the original actor to play gregor was 7'1", the second was 6'9". Thats just splitting hairs tho.

Also the official lotr wiki has him listed at 8'5". Idk where you got that image, but at this point it looks like his height is contentious at best.

Edit: if you wanna split more hairs the actor who plays azog is 5'11".

No.

The wikis say 8.5. Maybe based on the books.

The Movie says it is 7. We got to stick to the movie.

Official GoT say Gregor is 7.1.

Gregor is taller.

omgchos
No.

The wikis say 8.5. Maybe based on the books.

The Movie says it is 7. We got to stick to the movie.

Official GoT say Gregor is 7.1.

Gregor is taller.

When does the movie say it? Is this a size comparison from the movie itself? Liek stick thorin next azog and measure? If so how tall is thorin? Was that measured next to bilbo? How tall is bilbo? Some infographic doesnt necessarily prove anything. In teh books no one is ever refered too as being a specific height. Azog is only mentioned passingly in the books as the dad of Bolg. And the bodyguard of Bolg is supposed to be pretty big(again no specific height given. WHere is the picture from?

Josh_Alexander
When does the movie say it? Is this a size comparison from the movie itself? Liek stick thorin next azog and measure? If so how tall is thorin? Was that measured next to bilbo? How tall is bilbo? Some infographic doesnt necessarily prove anything. In teh books no one is ever refered too as being a specific height. Azog is only mentioned passingly in the books as the dad of Bolg. And the bodyguard of Bolg is supposed to be pretty big(again no specific height given. WHere is the picture from?

http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0240774/bio

He is 7 feet tall according to the movie. You can search through any site. They will tell you 7feet.

Idk where the wiki took 8.5 from. Maybe the Books.

omgchos
http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0240774/bio

He is 7 feet tall according to the movie. You can search through any site. They will tell you 7feet.

Idk where the wiki took 8.5 from. Maybe the Books.
No its not from the books, like i said. That wiki has the picture from the movie so therefore, there is no difinitive height unless we can find something in the actual movie that confirms or denies his height.

Josh_Alexander
No its not from the books, like i said. That wiki has the picture from the movie so therefore, there is no difinitive height unless we can find something in the actual movie that confirms or denies his height.

Lol i gave you IMDb official Description of Azog!

You realize IMDb is one of the most veridict Movie sites right!?

Azog is 7 feet. Thats what all sites say. The wiki based it on the books, a picture doesnt mean it was taken from the movie.

omgchos
Lol i gave you IMDb official Description of Azog!

You realize IMDb is one of the most veridict Movie sites right!?

Azog is 7 feet. Thats what all sites say. The wiki based it on the books, a picture doesnt mean it was taken from the movie.

My point here is that theyre gathering info from somewhere. Its not from the books i can tell you that. IMDB is the same thing as any other source like a wiki. Sure some of it may have come from film makers or womeone however loosly related to the movie. Or it could have come from someone who found that picture you showed me. Im just sayin its a bit ambiguous.

Josh_Alexander
My point here is that theyre gathering info from somewhere. Its not from the books i can tell you that. IMDB is the same thing as any other source like a wiki. Sure some of it may have come from film makers or womeone however loosly related to the movie. Or it could have come from someone who found that picture you showed me. Im just sayin its a bit ambiguous.

Well all am saying is that all pages give Azog 7 feet tall.

The wiki is the only page that puts him at 8.5. I don't know where they got that info from.

http://askmiddlearth.tumblr.com/post/70295127644/how-tall-is-azog

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/lurtz-lotr-vs-the-pale-orc-azog-the-defiler-the-ho-741987/?page=2

See.

Josh_Alexander
Azog is 7 feet tall according to the movie.

omgchos
Where does it say this in the movie?

Josh_Alexander
Where does it say this in the movie?

Idk. Yet IMBd has it. They get their info from the movies.

omgchos
No they get it from people.

Josh_Alexander
No they get it from people.

I dont cara, most pages say 7. So 7 it is.

If you wont accept IMDb then you wont take anything.

omgchos
Hey if youre gonna say most pages. Lets see an info graph of that. Or give me a bibliography of pages taht say 7 ft. So far i see IMDB and nothign else on your roster. So its wiki vs imdb...... My original point stands. Its not official one oway or the other.

Josh_Alexander
Hey if youre gonna say most pages. Lets see an info graph of that. Or give me a bibliography of pages taht say 7 ft. So far i see IMDB and nothign else on your roster. So its wiki vs imdb...... My original point stands. Its not official one oway or the other.

IMDb has more weight than your wiki! Your wiki might be refering to the book as far a we know! IMDb is pure movie info!

Either way, here. This is Unrefutable evidence of Azogs size. Its coming from the creators of Azog for the movie.

https://youtu.be/-2GXUooP7RA

If that isnt enough to comvince you of Azog's size, then nothing is.

He is 7 feet tall. Which means Gregor is one inch taller.

omgchos
Again no its never said in the book. At lesat thats a source other than IMDB. Happy Dance

Josh_Alexander
Again no its never said in the book. At lesat thats a source other than IMDB. Happy Dance

It comes from the CGI creators of Azog for the movie. So in the movie Azog is 7 foot tall.

So its set, Clegane is taller.

omgchos
Actually hes currently 6'9"

Josh_Alexander
Actually hes currently 6'9"

Okay so we agree Clegane is taller then.

Rebel95
So they're about the same size, but it seem like Azog is faster. I'd have to give this to Azog

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Rebel95
So they're about the same size, but it seem like Azog is faster. I'd have to give this to Azog

Yeah, he is faster but not fast enough to make it significant.

Gregor is stronger though, and more resistant.

Rebel95
It also depends if the Mountain gets his kingsguard armor.. If he does I think he would win

TheVaultDweller

KingD19
It also depends if the Mountain gets his kingsguard armor.. If he does I think he would win

A Faith Militant with a spiked club punched clean through his Kingsguard Armor. Azog would impale him easily with his arm.

TheVaultDweller
A Faith Militant with a spiked club punched clean through his Kingsguard Armor. Azog would impale him easily with his arm.

That's one major peev I have with GoT. Heavy armour does not perform anywhere near the levels it should. That club should barely have caused any superficial damage, yet all four spikes went right through the chest plate.

KingD19
That's one major peev I have with GoT. Heavy armour does not perform anywhere near the levels it should. That club should barely have caused any superficial damage, yet all four spikes went right through the chest plate.

And the spikes went almost completely to the base. That armor is garbage.

Josh_Alexander

Yeah. I mean my stand is:

Normal Clegane loses.
Zombi Clegane wins (Queensguard Gregor)

quanchi112
It also depends if the Mountain gets his kingsguard armor.. If he does I think he would win Based on what ?

Josh_Alexander

And the spikes went almost completely to the base. That armor is garbage.

Yeah it went through. But i mean that is with all movies!

In the hobbit for instance we see how some orcs are carrying massive armors in the BO5A however they are still killed like if it was nothing.

Azog hiself got his armor penetrated by Thorin in the movie. Thorins sword went right through and killed Azog.

Even if Azog manages to impale Gregor i doubt that is enough to kill the Mountain. I mean, Clegane got 2 speared by Oberyn and still survived.

Now imagine that Zombi Gregor is more resistant than normal one.

As you guys mentioned, The Faith Militant spikes went right through and the Mountain didnt even blink. It was like if he didnt even felt it.

Rebel95
Yeah the spikes went through, but it literally didn't do shit. It stopped the force of the blow. And then the mountain ripped the guys head off lol

quanchi112
Yeah the spikes went through, but it literally didn't do shit. It stopped the force of the blow. And then the mountain ripped the guys head off lol The guy was not even a warrior. He was some zealot so this doesn't bode well going up against the greatest Lotr Orc with superior strength and superior skill.

Josh_Alexander
Yeah the spikes went through, but it literally didn't do shit. It stopped the force of the blow. And then the mountain ripped the guys head off lol

Still the spikes whent throught!

Have spikes penetrate your chest and tell me if you won't cry.

The guy was not even a warrior. He was some zealot so this doesn't bode well going up against the greatest Lotr Orc with superior strength and superior skill.

He still penetrated his chest! Doesn't matter. Spikes are spikes. They went through Gregor's Chest and he didn't even wail!

Have Azog's head replaced and Gregor would pull it out nevertheless!

Zombi Gregor stomps Azog.

quanchi112

He still penetrated his chest! Doesn't matter. Spikes are spikes. They went through Gregor's Chest and he didn't even wail!

Have Azog's head replaced and Gregor would pull it out nevertheless!

Zombi Gregor stomps Azog. A regular guy without super skill or super strength does so it makes sense someone with both easily breaches and kills Gregor. They didn't connect with his flesh.

Gregor gets raped. He's too slow to even react before his death. The guy gets killed pretty quickly. He just walks around like a super slow zombie and gets crushed. Azog beheads him.

Josh_Alexander
A regular guy without super skill or super strength does so it makes sense someone with both easily breaches and kills Gregor. They didn't connect with his flesh.

Gregor gets raped. He's too slow to even react before his death. The guy gets killed pretty quickly. He just walks around like a super slow zombie and gets crushed. Azog beheads him.

Lol you saw the size of those spikes!? Please dont come with unreasonable comments.

Azog isnt superfast neither! Not fast enough to make it significant.

Azog loses, he is too weak.

Rebel95

That wasn't my point. My point was that the armor helps

quanchi112
Lol you saw the size of those spikes!? Please dont come with unreasonable comments.

Azog isnt superfast neither! Not fast enough to make it significant.

Azog loses, he is too weak. Do you disagree with the comment the guy who did so had no super strength or super skill wielding that weapon ?

He's faster than Gregor. Gregor also doesn't try to dodge or do much of anything in defense.

Azog is far greater than the Gregor and has every single advantage. Gregor hasn't beaten anyone expectional since he's an ugly grotesque zombie cuck.

quanchi112
Don't ignore my post, Rebel.

Josh_Alexander
That wasn't my point. My point was that the armor helps

It helps, but the spikes still went through!

They had to penentrate his skin. Obviously.

Josh_Alexander
Do you disagree with the comment the guy who did so had no super strength or super skill wielding that weapon ?

He's faster than Gregor. Gregor also doesn't try to dodge or do much of anything in defense.

Azog is far greater than the Gregor and has every single advantage. Gregor hasn't beaten anyone expectional since he's an ugly grotesque zombie cuck.

I agree, yet he had enough strenght to penetrate his armor with those sharp spikes. Yet Gregor didn't even make a sound! Do you disagree with those Spikes hurting Gregor's skin?

Azog doesn't try to dodge neither. He isn't fast enough to make it relevant Quanchi. He aint a dodger nor superfast with the mace. Gregor can still defend himself with his sword.

Not in height nor strenght nor resistance. The only thing Azog has is speed, but still not enought to change something. Azog lost to disadvantaged opponents! The Dwarves were at a disadvantage!

quanchi112
I agree, yet he had enough strenght to penetrate his armor with those sharp spikes. Yet Gregor didn't even make a sound! Do you disagree with those Spikes hurting Gregor's skin?

Azog doesn't try to dodge neither. He isn't fast enough to make it relevant Quanchi. He aint a dodger nor superfast with the mace. Gregor can still defend himself with his sword.

Not in height nor strenght nor resistance. The only thing Azog has is speed, but still not enought to change something. Azog lost to disadvantaged opponents! The Dwarves were at a disadvantage! There's no proof that went deep inside his chest at all. Azog was cut multiple times by Thorin yet he didn't show any damage either. Nothing impressive especially considering the guy is just some fanatic.

He is fast enough to parry and evade attacks. Thorin tries the whole time to kill him. Azog shows vastly superior skill in close quarters than Gregor who is a slow moving zombie relying on his brute strength against normal men.

Azog has greater skill, speed, and strength. No, you claiming they were at a disadvantage also applies to Oberyn who is far shorter. Difference is Oberyn dominates him.

Josh_Alexander
There's no proof that went deep inside his chest at all. Azog was cut multiple times by Thorin yet he didn't show any damage either. Nothing impressive especially considering the guy is just some fanatic.

He is fast enough to parry and evade attacks. Thorin tries the whole time to kill him. Azog shows vastly superior skill in close quarters than Gregor who is a slow moving zombie relying on his brute strength against normal men.

Azog has greater skill, speed, and strength. No, you claiming they were at a disadvantage also applies to Oberyn who is far shorter. Difference is Oberyn dominates him.

Lol it doesn't need evidence to be evident that it went through Quanchi. Use your logic.

Gregor wins, not repeating myself man.

Zombi gregor is too strong for Azog. Azog has shown no signs of strenght himself besides lifting a rock which anyone could do.

quanchi112
Lol it doesn't need evidence to be evident that it went through Quanchi. Use your logic.

Gregor wins, not repeating myself man.

Zombi gregor is too strong for Azog. Azog has shown no signs of strenght himself besides lifting a rock which anyone could do. How far through ? Are you suggesting a superficial graze or a deep wound.

He loses based off the advantages I've gone into. Nah, he's too strong for Oberyn or the regular small men of Westeros. The pale Orc would overpower and bury him. Gregor is weak compared to him.

Josh_Alexander
How far through ? Are you suggesting a superficial graze or a deep wound.

He loses based off the advantages I've gone into. Nah, he's too strong for Oberyn or the regular small men of Westeros. The pale Orc would overpower and bury him. Gregor is weak compared to him.

It went in. Not enough to kill him but enough to do something.

Again hit yourself with spikes in the chest and tell me if that won't hurt! (Don't kill yourself though).

There is no evidence to suggest that Orcs stronger than man. Atleast not on screen. Normal Humans in LoTR have been seen to go against Orcs without an issue.

Azog hasn't show stronger feats than Gregor, as simple as that. Azog hasn't taken a spears and be fine about it.

Gregor is stronger and more durable than Azog. What does Azog has? Again speed won't be enough for him, he aint fast enough to dodge.

quanchi112
It went in. Not enough to kill him but enough to do something.

Again hit yourself with spikes in the chest and tell me if that won't hurt! (Don't kill yourself though).

There is no evidence to suggest that Orcs stronger than man. Atleast not on screen. Normal Humans in LoTR have been seen to go against Orcs without an issue.

Azog hasn't show stronger feats than Gregor, as simple as that. Azog hasn't taken a spears and be fine about it.

Gregor is stronger and more durable than Azog. What does Azog has? Again speed won't be enough for him, he aint fast enough to dodge. How far in is the question. Why don't you answer me ?

I am not saying it wouldn't hurt I am saying with the present company this isn't impressive or exclusive to Gregor.

That has to do with formidability not strength. We have seen how strong Azog is in comparison. He isn't an average Orc he's the greatest one.

I've listed the feats but you ignore them. Neither did Gregor. He had to play possum to lure a much smaller man who humiliatesd him in one on one combat.

Based off what ? Gregor hasn't shown himself stronger than Sandor in combat. This is a combat situation. He's fast enough to dodge while Gregor isn't. Gregor will stand there like a dope and let Azog attack him.

Rebel95
Don't ignore my post, Rebel.
Or what? What are you gonna do about it

quanchi112
Or what? What are you gonna do about it Seems you conceded the argument. If you want to be gutless that's your right.

Rebel95
There was no argument lol I was just saying that his armor helped him, do you disagree?

quanchi112
It also depends if the Mountain gets his kingsguard armor.. If he does I think he would win This is the post you ignored. You believe with a certain armor Gregor wins. Do you admit Azog wins now.

quanchi112
There was no argument lol I was just saying that his armor helped him, do you disagree? I quoted the post you ignored. Chop, chop.

Rebel95
I don't really have time to start a debate with you right now but yes I think if the Mountain has his armor he would win.

quanchi112
I don't really have time to start a debate with you right now but yes I think if the Mountain has his armor he would win. So based on what ? That's the original question. Quit avoiding the question. That's pansy stuff.

quanchi112
Azog destroys this slow oaf.

John Murdoch
Azog destroys this slow oaf.

Ya this surely isn't a fight now.

Gregor didn't even move when Cersei about got mauled by the chained up whitewalker. He walks like a robot with that armor as of the end of Season 7 of GoT.

If Azog can give Legolas a harder fight than anyone in the Middle Earth film by ten-fold, he easily hands Gregor his rear-end.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.