McCarthyism 2.0 - Stop Investigations & Stonewalling

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Truculent
It's been close to a little over 3 months to when Trump was elected President. I want those who wanted Hillary elected to stop throwing a fit and let the man do his job. Why don't you understand that you lost? Congressional Democrats need to stop stonewalling and work with Republicans & Trump to start working on passing legislation instead of obsessing over Russia, Jeff Sessions, Flynn, taxes etc etc. Confirm his appointees and get to work. Is that too much to ask? Are they so vindictive and bitter that all they want to do is stall?

Americans want both Democrats and Republicans to do their damn jobs instead of screaming and whining like toddlers who didn't get a piece of candy at the grocery store. Trump's address before the joint session was pretty good, but instead some want to sabotage him at every turn. I'm not going to rant about 'Fake News' because some of it is true. But for God's sake stop leaking because one of these leaks may end up getting someone killed.

GET TO WORK!!!!!!!!

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
It's been close to a little over 3 months to when Trump was elected President. I want those who wanted Hillary elected to stop throwing a fit and let the man do his job. Why don't you understand that you lost? Congressional Democrats need to stop stonewalling and work with Republicans & Trump to start working on passing legislation instead of obsessing over Russia, Jeff Sessions, Flynn, taxes etc etc. Confirm his appointees and get to work. Is that too much to ask? Are they so vindictive and bitter that all they want to do is stall?

Americans want both Democrats and Republicans to do their damn jobs instead of screaming and whining like toddlers who didn't get a piece of candy at the grocery store. Trump's address before the joint session was pretty good, but instead some want to sabotage him at every turn. I'm not going to rant about 'Fake News' because some of it is true. But for God's sake stop leaking because one of these leaks may end up getting someone killed.

GET TO WORK!!!!!!!!

http://i.imgur.com/2MhKqEJ.gif

Surtur
You might laugh at the McCarthyism thing, but then I see this:

Donald Trump Jr. Was Likely Paid at Least $50,000 for Event Held by Hosts Allied With Russia on Syria

Really, now? "Likely' paid? Either he was..or he wasn't.

Robtard

Surtur
I did read the story, I was pointing out the strange wording of the title.

Beniboybling
"Surtur gets confused by words."

On topic I agree, Trump won so he shouldn't be held accountable for his actions. thumb up

Surtur
Nobody was confused by words, I was pointing out the stupidity of using the word "likely" in the title.

Robtard
Originally posted by Surtur
I did read the story, I was pointing out the strange wording of the title. LoLz, okay.

But it's because the Trump's hide their income, so TWS did its best to figure out how much he was paid for the event, which he did do and did get paid for. Period.

Firefly218
Don't give whoever posted this any attention they're clearly a troll

Surtur
Originally posted by Robtard
LoLz, okay.

But it's because the Trump's hide their income, so TWS did its best to figure out how much he was paid for the event, which he did do and did get paid for. Period.

Okay nobody was disputing that he got paid.

Robtard
Okay nobody was disputing that he got paid.

Then what exactly were you doing with "might laugh at the McCarthyism, but then this"?

Surtur
Then what exactly were you doing with "might laugh at the McCarthyism, but then this"?

Because why is this newsworthy? Merely because of a connection to Russia?

Robtard
Why do you think?

Surtur
Why do you think?

I think the intent is to imply some connection because Trumps son, a business man himself, was paid at some think tank event hosted by people apparently who are allied with Russia over the Syria thing.

Is this how far we need to stretch now, for news?

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Beniboybling
"Surtur gets confused by words."

On topic I agree, Trump won so he shouldn't be held accountable for his actions. thumb up
So you are saying it is ok when the Democrats do it but not when the Republicans?

Gottchay Benny.

Robtard
I think the intent is to imply some connection because Trumps son, a business man himself, was paid at some think tank event hosted by people apparently who are allied with Russia over the Syria thing.

Is this how far we need to stretch now, for news?

Considering the past and ongoing Putin/Trump scandal, I'd say that is why.

I would also add that this realative non-story is more newsworthy than a story of former VP Biden's son being in a affair, but that's news too, because someone somewhere wants to read that.

Surtur
Considering the past and ongoing Putin/Trump scandal, I'd say that is why.

I would also add that this realative non-story is more newsworthy than a story of former VP Biden's son being in a affair, but that's news too, because someone somewhere wants to read that.

Nah, I'd say both equally not newsworthy. Did you perhaps want to add anything else?

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Gottchay Benny. https://media.giphy.com/media/UcY7PCa83NBu0/giphy.gif

Surtur
You see what he did there Fly, he put a "you got me" gif there, but he really doesn't think you got him, that rascal. Clever to the end.

Adam Grimes
Pointing it out must be the epitome of cleverness then.

Surtur
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Pointing it out must be the epitome of cleverness then.

And no doubt your clever retort trumps even mine, will the cleverness never end Adam?

Robtard
Nah, I'd say both equally not newsworthy. Did you perhaps want to add anything else?

Sure, I'll add that you found the Biden's son having an affair story to be noteworthy, while you tried to brush off the one about Trump's son. Now do a flip for me; make it a good one smile

Surtur
Sure, I'll add that you found the Biden's son having an affair story to be noteworthy, while you tried to brush off the one about Trump's son. Now do a flip for me; make it a good one smile

Lmao, triggered. I posted a link and said "lol classy" to it. That is it. You are the one continually bringing it up.

Robtard
TIL: Two is actually greater than three

Flyattractor
That isn't surprising to learn Robbie, seeing as how you are the product of a Liberal Education...

Surtur
seeing as how you are the product of a Liberal Education...

Indeed, and just wait until he starts getting into how the fact that 2 is greater than 3 makes the 3 feel, emotionally.

Robtard
Are you done having a meltdown in here?

Surtur
Are you done having a meltdown in here?

You could be a Cracked writer.

Flyattractor
Now be nice Surt. Remember, KMC is Robbie's SAFE PLACE!

Beniboybling
You see what he did there Fly, he put a "you got me" gif there, but he really doesn't think you got him, that rascal. Clever to the end. It's OK Surt, not every Trumper needs things explained to them. smile

On topic, do you agree with the sentiment of the OP?

Flyattractor
https://media.giphy.com/media/UcY7PCa83NBu0/giphy.gif

I always get my guy.....or whatever you are.

http://www.castleinthepie.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/walter-white-gif.gif

jaden101
Originally posted by Darth Truculent

GET TO WORK!!!!!!!!

Its almost as if the republican forced 2013 government shutdown and the record number of filibusters from 2008 to 2016 never happened.

Where was the willingness to work together then?

The reps now have control of all 3 executives so failure to get anything done falls solely on Trump and his horrendous judgement of people he appoints to positions.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by jaden101
Its almost as if the republican forced 2013 government shutdown and the record number of filibusters from 2008 to 2016 never happened.

The reps now have control of all 3 executives so failure to get anything done falls solely on Trump and his horrendous judgement of people he appoints to positions.

So what is so bad about a Gummint Shutdown? Other then they shut down the wrong half of it that is?

jaden101
So what is so bad about a Gummint Shutdown? Other then they shut down the wrong half of it that is?

I'm sure that 2 million public sector workers told they're not getting paid for weeks was just great for those people.

Surtur

I know right, and prior to 2008 the democrats had never done anything similar..so I mean..the gall of the republicans.

Flyattractor
I'm sure that 2 million public sector workers told they're not getting paid for weeks was just great for those people.

Yeah. How HORRIBLE those GUMMINT Employees have to WORK IN THE REAL WORLD like the rest of us.

Those Poor Fhuckers!!!!!!!!

eek!

Surtur
On topic, do you agree with the sentiment of the OP?

Nah, seems silly. People going crazy over Russia, pouncing on every little connection? It's not happening in this country, nope. Not like we're having stories that boil down to "he knows a guy who knows a guy who is allies with Russia" or anything.

Btw, have you done your daily denouncing of Russia yet?

Robtard
I know right, and prior to 2008 the democrats had never done anything similar..so I mean..the gall of the republicans.

Name specifics

jaden101

So you don't see a hypocrisy in republicans using record numbers of filibusters and blocking democrat attempts to change the structure so they couldn't be used as often over the last 8 years and now they're in power they suddenly want to do away with filibusters altogether?

Not surprising really.

Flyattractor
So you don't see a hypocrisy in republicans using record numbers of filibusters and blocking democrat attempts to change the structure so they couldn't be used as often over the last 8 years and now they're in power they suddenly want to do away with filibusters altogether?

Not surprising really.

Wasn't it the Democrats that put that Filibuster Rule in there?

So I don't see any prob with the Repubs using the Dems own RULE against them.

Turnabout and all that.

Surtur

Not surprising really.

I didn't say that. I feel it is hypocrisy. What I asked you is if you feel this is unique to just one side?

jaden101
I didn't say that. I feel it is hypocrisy. What I asked you is if you feel this is unique to just one side?

Yes. Using record numbers of filibusters while blocking changes to filibusters while in opposition and then trying to get rid of filibusters altogether as soon as they are in power is unique to one side.

Flyattractor
Like I said. Democrats made the rule. SO they can just go SHIT themselves when it is used against em.

They deserve it. Cause they is HYPOCRITES!!!!!

Darth Truculent
Not trolling - I just want the idiots who we elected and sent to D.C. to do their jobs.

Flyattractor
Why? "THEY" aint been doing their "JOB" for decades now and people keep putting the cooks and idiots back into office.

We deserve all the crap we get.

Darth Truculent
I think one of the requirements to become an official in D.C. is that you must have served in the military.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.