Firestorm Vs Ghost Rider

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/f0/6c/b6/f06cb6dc4dfa29a032e25e07cc98dee1.jpg

which flame haired hero prevails?
New 52 FS. Danny Ketch GR.
No prep.
No BFR.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/cb/cf/50/cbcf50c057d1ef4fc50c05f503cb84c6.jpg

Galan007
LMAO. 'storm stomps.

https://wholeangel.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/the-covenant-of-salt-the-celebration-of-spring-season.jpg

thumb up

RealityWarper
Firestorm should stomps.

GR isn't even half as powerful as his fanboy pretend him to be.

He is a street-level character with a very high durability. Nothing special.

iceman24567
Lol at street-level character dont be ridiculous

leonidas
yeah, it really depends on the version of gr being used here and whether zarathos would manifest fully. if he does, fs is a deadman. standard rider would lose, but it would be interesting to see if he could be transmuted. i want to say no for some reason. maybe someone tried before? not positive, admittedly. science vs magic doesn't always have predictable results though. i find this to be a fairly interesting match given some of gr's showings.

riv6672
Originally posted by RealityWarper
He is a street-level character with a very high durability. Nothing special.

Originally posted by iceman24567
Lol at street-level character dont be ridiculous

^^^Which is why the thread.
Speaking of which:

GR isn't even half as powerful as his fanboy pretend him to be.

I'm starting to get that feeling about FS. If he just did this...
Originally posted by Galan007
https://wholeangel.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/the-covenant-of-salt-the-celebration-of-spring-season.jpg
...to everyone, DC comics would have no villains. laughing

RealityWarper
Originally posted by Galan007
LMAO. 'storm stomps.

thumb up

What ?

Firestorm is working for Pablo Escobar ?

"Id"
GR soul rapes FS.

Galan007
What ?

Firestorm is working for Pablo Escobar ? Did Pablo sell salt? Musta missed that part in his documentary..? mmm

Originally posted by "Id"
GR soul rapes FS. Pfft. FS turns the Penance Stare into a saltstick, and shoves it up GR's bony ass. thumb up

RealityWarper

riv6672
Originally posted by "Id"
GR soul rapes FS.
^^^One thing i wondered was if the PS would work on FS, given his merged mind/psyche state.

What ?

Firestorm is working for Pablo Escobar ?
^^^haha!

To clarify, my above post was meant to say that saying every character launches an all powerful (likely out of character) attack to win a forum fight is an overly simplistic way of posting.
Its that 3rd grade mentality that birthed the infamous CBR style.
I mean yeah, every speedster can blitz, brick can rip iff limbs, matter manipulator kill...so why bother debating feats, character history and fighting styles.

Sin I AM

RealityWarper
Originally posted by riv6672
^^^One thing i wondered was if the PS would work on FS, given his merged mind/psyche state.

^^^haha!

To clarify, my above post was meant to say that saying every character launches an all powerful (likely out of character) attack to win a forum fight is an overly simplistic way of posting.
Its that 3rd grade mentality that birthed the infamous CBR style.
I mean yeah, every speedster can blitz, brick can rip iff limbs, matter manipulator kill...so why bother debating feats, character history and fighting styles.

Yep that's right but, according to the Forum Rules, the characters fight at the best of their abilities, so if the most powerful move doesn't require much effort why wouldn't they use it right from the start ?

Originally posted by Sin I AM
Welcome back

Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vppbdf-qtGU

riv6672
Yep that's right but, according to the Forum Rules, the characters fight at the best of their abilities, so if the most powerful move doesn't require much effort why wouldn't they use it right from the...
So characters in comics never fight to the best of their abilities unless they go for the kill. Hmm.
Characters are also supposed to fight IN character unless otherwise stated.

Your way, is just lazy debating on posters' part, or the inability to string together a decent argument.

And hey, WB.

Sin I AM
Characters fight to the best if their abilities while still remaining in character though, people always leave out that last part. Meaning even though iceman could freeze the moisture in someone's body doesn't mean he will because that's not his go to tactic . He'd probably hit them with an icebeam or snowball. Now if he's bloodlusted then yea he blood bends.

DarkSaint85
Way I see it too, if one side is losing by such a wide margin (Hulk vs Flash, say), then Flash would have to be pretty stupid to not dig deep into his bag of tricks, unless its in his character to lose fights.

RealityWarper
So characters in comics never fight to the best of their abilities unless they go for the kill. Hmm.

Or they can simply incapacitate the opponents without killing them the same way.

I don't see why it would be out of character to do that.

I disagree.

Take Molecule Man for example.

He has the psionic ability to manipulate all matter and all energy on a simple thought which is effortless from his part.

Turning immediately his opponents to dust (or salt ^^) is the most logical way to end the fight.

We are arguing for a combat situation closer to a real life combat situation where the characters are fighting for their lives.

Thanks.

TethAdamTheRock
http://media.philly.com/images/Screen+shot+2013-10-17+at+8.29.15+AM.png

riv6672
Whats funny (to me, the only one that matters) is this exact conversation has happened at LEAST once a year since i joined this site 3 years ago.
The 'Kamehameha attack FTW' applied to every character lasts a while, then things go back to normal, as everyone, including the advocates of the style, get bored of every thread crapping out after 4-5 responses.

This too shall pass. beer

RealityWarper
Whats funny (to me, the only one that matters) is this exact conversation has happened at LEAST once a year since i joined this site 3 years ago.
The 'Kamehameha attack FTW' applied to every character lasts a while, then things go back to normal, as everyone, including the advocates of the style, get bored of every thread crapping out after 4-5 responses.

This too shall pass. beer

Why not simply redefine the victory conditions of the fight ?

If that's not a "street fight" then the characters have rules and don't go straight with the "fighting at the best of their abilities".

riv6672
I hate holding people's hands throughout a versus, but, it sometimes gets that way here. laughing

"Id"

Collective soul rape.

riv6672
roll eyes (sarcastic) of course!

Kazenji
Originally posted by leonidas
yeah, it really depends on the version of gr being used here and whether zarathos would manifest fully. .

Did you even read the OP?

leonidas
i rarely do.... /shrug

but the point stands--if zarathos takes over the host, fs is screwed. fs could take danny out if danny stays in control.

RealityWarper
i rarely do.... /shrug

but the point stands--if zarathos takes over the host, fs is screwed. fs could take danny out if danny stays in control.

Zarathos and Ghost Rider aren't different in power.

Spider-man alone kicked Zarathos' butt in two punches in his first appearance.

Kazenji
i rarely do.... /shrug

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Danny never had Zarathos, Try Noble Kale.

leonidas
laughing out loud f me, that's right, i'd forgotten all about that whole debacle with him and blaze. consider me suitably chastised. thumb up

ketch loses this then.

riv6672
Curious as to how you post in threads without reading the OP. How far in do you start reading posts?

leonidas
lol i was kinda/sorta joking. i do read op's--sometimes. if a thread has a bunch of stips i'll skip it. generally i just go by the thread title. how far back i'll read in the thread depends on how old it is (and often times posts are so far off topic the original op is lost anyway....), how many times i've actually been in the thread or how interesting the posts are. in this case, i saw gr, figured zarathos, because, well, it's gr. but yeah, i totally forgot about that whole spirit of vengeance fiasco years ago with kale....

riv6672
Cool, thanks for responding! thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.