Ranking Darth Revan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SunRazer
His Sith Lord incarnation here. Where does he rank? Who does he compare to most? Sabers, Force, all-out.

Azronger
He's above Traya and KotOR II Exile, IMO, although I wouldn't go as far as to say he could beat them together, like Avellone is suggesting.

SunRazer
I put him above Traya as well (and possibly KotOR II Exile, but I'm not sure), but mostly on gut instinct and hype as opposed to demonstrated feats or anything concrete.

How close do y'all think he is to KotOR Revan? I personally think there was only a slight difference. It did take until the final battle before Malak regarded Revan as having surpassed himself as the Dark Lord.

Azronger
Originally posted by SunRazer
I put him above Traya as well (and possibly KotOR II Exile, but I'm not sure), but mostly on gut instinct and hype as opposed to demonstrated feats or anything concrete.

I mean, there's him resisting Malachor, whereas Kreia failed to. And him gathering knowledge from there even outside the Trayus Academy, which would've been out of Kreia's reach due to the MSG.

Him also knowing all the knowledge of the Jedi is a good feat of knowledge.

And there's also Meetra musing his command of the Force being greater than anyone she had ever met, although whether you take that seriously is up to you.

The beating KotOR Revan gave to Malak under such circumstances is something I don't see Darth Revan pulling off, tbh.

Ursumeles
Maul-level tbh. Maybe a bit above.

SunRazer
@Azronger -

1. Kreia was wracked by guilt, which is a significant setback for your willpower - though Revan should definitely have greater willpower than her regardless. But I agree, a good feat for Revan, even though it comes from Chronicles of the Old Republic, the shittiest source in history. Quote for him gathering knowledge on Malachor outside of the Trayus Academy?

2. I don't take him as of the Mandalorian Wars having a far greater command of the Force than Nihilus or Traya seriously, no. I do think he had a noticeably, if not significantly, greater command of the Force than Traya as Darth Revan, though.

There's also the quote about him being the most powerful Jedi by the end of the Mandalorian Wars, which isn't as hard to believe. And a good indicator of how powerful Darth Revan could become.

3. The thing is, that sort of thing is also down to arbitrary personal judgements and gut instinct. The only source I know of that would support your case is the quote claiming that Malak's duel with Darth Revan was a desperate one, but that could just refer to the stakes, and the quote itself is confusing in that it mixes Malak's Darth Revan fight with the KotOR finale one.

Deronn_solo
Above Bane.

Azronger
1. That's a good point. Darth Revan should still have way more knowledge than her, though.

And IIRC, Revan also spent a longer time on Nathema than Meetra did, so that could be an indication of superior willpower.

2. If we omit Nihilus from it (which I have no problem doing considering his feats are so out of proportion for even prime Revan), I honestly have no problem with the quote. Why do you think it would apply to Darth Revan but not Mandalorian Wars Revan, though?

Ah, that's a really good quote.

3. Not sure what quotes you mean. There's nothing indicating Darth Revan could replicate KotOR Revan's feat, so I don't consider him capable of doing so. It's that simple.

SunRazer
1. The whole episode with Meetra on Nathema makes no sense to begin with.

2. Gut instinct, again. And you can't grant random exemptions from a quote - my point is that the quote is shit. MW Revan could well have a greater command of the Force than Traya - I'm just not seeing how it'd be far greater.

3. Depends if you think his stamina would flag from fighting all those other Dark Jedi and droids. If not, I could see him beating Malak in a good one.

Azronger
1. Drew's writing in general makes no sense. We just have make the most of what we have.

2. It's not gut instinct when Nihilus is ragdolling capital ships and Revan getting creamed by sub-Nihilus Force users, lol.

3. While being weakened massively and Malak being amped to a similar degree? Based on what?

SunRazer
1. Yes, but this completely conflicts with the core aspect of her character.

2. I meant gut instinct for MW Revan >>> Traya not being the case.

3. Alek was hugely inferior to Revan during the Mandalorian Wars. The gap can't have shifted that dramatically. Especially not with Darth Revan seemingly possessing Force knowledge that Malak didn't.

S_W_LeGenD
Somewhere between Darth Traya and Exar Kun.

Azronger
1. Not sure what you mean. The Exile's character is defined by the player.

2. Okay.

3. Sources for you claims?

MythLord
Hmm, hmmm, hmmmmmmm.

Malgus level, maybe?

Beniboybling
I would place him around Dooku/Arcann-level in the Force. His saber ability is harder to gauge.

Nephthys
Being above Traya level would put him in Vader range tbh.

Beniboybling
kek no

Nephthys
dat assassin feet tho

Azronger
Originally posted by Beniboybling
I would place him around Dooku/Arcann-level in the Force. His saber ability is harder to gauge.

Dooku and Arcann aren't on the same level uhuh

Nephthys
Yeah, Arcann is higher.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Azronger
Dooku and Arcann aren't on the same level uhuh ur mum

DarthAnt66
Better than any of the protags until KOTET.

Overall, I'd put him with Arcann and Ulic.

Geistalt
Originally posted by Nephthys
Arcann is higher.

TenebrousWay
Around Ulic, Malgus, Arcann, etc...

Perhaps slightly lower.

Revanchiste
Darth Revan is MY DOMAIN.
SO in term of light saber what you have is an incredible duelist. With insane agility speed and dexterity and most of all skills, in general he love playing with precision striking with the dge of his long lightsaber. This why when he go dual he doesn't takea shoto.
But he is also gifted in strengh thanx to gis force augmentation.
Add to this his pletera of power and incredible knowledge in the force lightsaber and all that you have someone who can adapt to anything.
He also have some battlfield experienc ein teh mandalorian war.
He is versatile.
In a duel he greatly focus on force boud and mental connexion rather than the actual fight that is a formality for a person of hos skill. He is also gifted in mental warefare.
In term of force power (not raw power) he is a power house really few opponent can claim to have such a amssive skillset or oovepool, it is just so hard to describe it, but Revan curiosity for knowledge don't stop at the trayus academmy nor what he learn from his master. He was swiming in teh Jedi archive found diverse artifact in hiss couting missions, and also during teh Jedi civil war, + what he found and what his sith minion found on Korriban for him + he meet teh great sith emepror, and studdied teh Rakatta. Yess his knwoledge thirst would not be quence by the entire sith history knowledge and technics, he would have to swallow Rakatta one too.

In term of Raw power.. he at elast 3 league above your average Jedi master. It is enough to don't get stomp by Sidiosu or vitiate.
Also it is stated in the KotOR game that malak influence in the force and power grow with the world he conquer.....
So I suppose that Revan power in the force grew as his planned advanced....

Revanchiste
Originally posted by MythLord
Hmm, hmmm, hmmmmmmm.

Malgus level, maybe?

A bit above....
If you supress physical attribute and only keep skills and talent with the force 2 elagues abobe.

Revanchiste
Originally posted by MythLord
Hmm, hmmm, hmmmmmmm.

Malgus level, maybe?

A bit above....
If you supress physical attribute and only keep skills and talent with the force 2 elagues abobe.

Half a league above Dooku.

Yess he is within vader range.
After all he if he is above magnus.

Vader do put a good fight for Darth Revan, But i think That Vader just get teared to pieces at teh first mistake.

+ I don't think vader mental defenses are taht strong, yess he is like a very overwhelming dark cold, something that you fear, you do'nt want to touch.
But in the end he is just a like a padawan that have made a lot of bad decision and is full of guilt and remorse to the point he consider himself evil.

Revan in the other hand Revan have willingfully chosen the Darkside, and have organise and participated in the conversion of hundreds of Jedi to the darkside. and not just with the battle of Malachor V. He did not particpate to al the conversion but he did establish the main principles and technics in oder to do so. and he have participated in some few cases....
So yhea he is a an excellent psychologue and cna pull soem ridiculous feat like piericng Vader mental defenses...
He have the skill knowledge and talent to make miracle happenn, he is name the prodigal knight for something.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by Revanchiste
Darth Revan is MY DOMAIN. DARTHANT IS TRASH

Yo ant

SunRazer
The thing is that Ulic rivaled Kun as of their duel, and presumably in the year that followed that, he remained relatively close to Kun, who is most comparable to SoR Revan in my opinion. To me, that suggests that Ulic is of a similar class to Revan Reborn at least.

SunRazer
Originally posted by Azronger
1. Not sure what you mean. The Exile's character is defined by the player.

2. Okay.

3. Sources for you claims?

1. The whole point of KotOR II was to establish that the Jedi Exile was the one character who was able to live without the Force (which she did for a full twelve years). The novel comes along and ****s that up by having the prospect of not being able to feel the Force threaten to tear apart her mind.

3. A simple comparison of their feats and accolades will do. Alek was completely devoid of accolades even remotely approaching Revan up to the Mandalorian Wars, and was one-shotted by Mandalore, whereas Revan defeated Mandalore in battle.

chingchangwalla
Originally posted by Nephthys
Yeah, Arcann is higher.

Nephthys
Sorry, who were you again?

carthage
Someone who probably has a better reputation than you as a poster?

Azronger
1. The whole point of KotOR II was to establish that the Jedi Exile was the one character who was able to live without the Force (which she did for a full twelve years). The novel comes along and ****s that up by having the prospect of not being able to feel the Force threaten to tear apart her mind.

3. A simple comparison of their feats and accolades will do. Alek was completely devoid of accolades even remotely approaching Revan up to the Mandalorian Wars, and was one-shotted by Mandalore, whereas Revan defeated Mandalore in battle.

Fair enough on both points.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by carthage
Someone who probably has a better reputation than you as a poster? Actually, he manages not to. smile

Nephthys
peaches

Revanchiste
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Yo ant

I respect ANt. that just for the lul factor.

Revanchiste
Yess but remember, she also have forgotten who she is and as you progress in the game.. The exile awake recover her froce sens by feending on the feos she slain, recover a lightsaber skill, and awake her memories.......
She is coming out of hibernation. She is still below Revan.

She is still far below Revan, because Revan decided to sacrifcie her, with her crew, probably beacause she knew too much or somthings But still Revan do'nts acrifice tactical asset so easly, Revan is all about scheming and controlling, not destroying and dominating like Malak do.

I even think he plane dto capture Baastilia SHan when eh was a sith lord. And he would have perhaps put his life on teh risk to get such a valuable asset.

The exile had similar powers, but sacrificing her like thaterm I tell myself somtimes she wasn't that good.

Alek, is brave and athletic rookie at the begining of the mandalorian war, he is Revan fanboy and bootlicker.
His assurance and control of his power grow stronger as the masse begin to see him as an heroe as the dark side begin to turn him in "Capitain Malak", as he become arrogante and his hatred toward the mandalorian grows passionate.

Same for Revan, the more people people are like hey Revan you are right, hey Revan you are an absolute genius, he begin to become what people think of him and a bit more. (Yhea he have been lurking in teh trayus academmy for quite a whiel during the mandalorian war..)

And even before teh mandalorian war Revan have incredible feat of farsight,, telepathy, post cognition and telekinesis, those are of course non combative application of his powers but he show the mastery he have of teh force in just every domain...

Immagine that monster with more raw power, even mroe knowledge, and battlefield experience.....

+Revan is power tue power, he is not god like, but really demi-god like at least.
I mean after his conquest of the galaxy his position at the top of his own made empire must give him a very imposing aura, that must really help in mentakl warfare but aura are also representative of someone might.

Revanchiste
It is not in Darth ANt respect thread, but I rmemebr in my First KotOR LP hear the Jedi concil said somthing like "Quick Malak power grows strongers the more world fall udner teh sith rules."
So being the big boss seem to give you greater power, aura or whatever the terms was......

carthage
Actually, he manages not to. smile

Traitor

Revanchiste
Originally posted by carthage
Someone who probably has a better reputation than you as a poster?
Are you talking to me?

Petrus
I'd say slightly below Dooku level with the Force, and around Kenobi level with sabers.

SunRazer
Interesting. What justifies such a placement in sabers, do you think?

Petrus
Interesting. What justifies such a placement in sabers, do you think?

Just saw this.

Speculation, really, since KOTOR Revan doesn't have much to go on other than being better than Darth Revan .

Considering KOTOR Revan is entirely light sided, his offensive prowess wasn't very significant at that time. He probably only used generic Jedi attacks like TK in combat, and I seriously doubt he'd be using that a lot against SF amped Malak, whose TK was likely more than a match for Revan's. So, it is logical to conclude that this was mostly a duel. Him being able to defeat a SF amped Malak who replenished his energies with at least 10 captive Jedi is enough, imho, to put him in ROTS Kenobi's ballpark, albeit slightly lower due to a lack of solid evidence for purely saber feats.

SunRazer
A lack of evidence doesn't necessarily mean Revan should rank lower. Remember that he's also more powerful than Obi-Wan, which carries its own benefits in saber combat.

But I see this is largely arbitrary. Not saying it's wrong, I'm just trying to find the most concrete argument possible for DR and it seems to be a difficult task.

Zenwolf
Well Darth Revan wasn't really around much. I mean he went from Jedi Knight, who we don't have much on either, then to Sith Lord which then jumps straight to Kotor and Reborn Revan which the main character in the game.

SunRazer
I know. Doesn't mean I can't try to formulate a case for him all the same.

Also, we don't call him Reborn Revan until the novel when he gets his mask back.

Petrus
A lack of evidence doesn't necessarily mean Revan should rank lower. Remember that he's also more powerful than Obi-Wan, which carries its own benefits in saber combat.

I agree, but ROTS Kenobi ranks so high it's hard to put Darth Revan -- who's not near his prime -- at his level at that point.

It is arbitrary. My logic is based on SW basics, but in truth, we have no way of knowing how good he really was since we have no one to compare him to other than Echani or Mandalorians. And it also depends on by how much you think KOTOR Revan > Darth Revan in sabers.

Miko Hacksaw
The Revan novel really just... chaps my hide.

It takes a big steaming crap on a lot of KOTOR 2 canonical principles.

From just what I can make of it (without that cancer of a novel interfering), Meetra seems > Revan Redeemed up till he leaves for the Outter Rim.

I think Drew just wanted to come back and protect his beloved character and so wrote Meetra as Revan's B*tch.

==========

What do you guys make of this:

Malak Prime > Darth Revan Prime?

NewGuy01
Well like, KOTOR 2's "canonical principles" were like bad fan fiction, and Chris Avellone came out and said he never intended for the Exile to be on Revan's level either, sooo... *cough*

Ahem. On topic: No, Malak's just deluding himself.

Miko Hacksaw
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Well like, KOTOR 2's "canonical principles" were like bad fan fiction, and Chris Avellone came out and said he never intended for the Exile to be on Revan's level either, sooo... *cough*

Got a quote for that? All I have from KOTOR 2 are accolades that place Meetra above Revan.

Ah.

DarthAnt66

Miko Hacksaw
Ah that quote. The rest of it being ambiguous B.S. about mental states of both of them (Kreia and Meetra).

Thanks Anthony.

SunRazer
There's another one about Revan kicking the Exile's ass. But then Drew claims that the Exile is probably a better duelist. It's better to just avoid taking author quotes at face value; some of them get rather farcical.

NewGuy01
There's another one where Chris talks about how he never intended for the Exile to be "super powerful like Revan," instead going for a character with unique traits.

Petrus
If KOTOR 2 Exile is indeed below Darth Revan, I still don't think it's by much.

SunRazer
Originally posted by NewGuy01
There's another one where Chris talks about how he never intended for the Exile to be "super powerful like Revan," instead going for a character with unique traits.

He says the Exile wasn't meant to be "all-powerful". The game makes it clear that the Exile is extremely powerful regardless.

DarthAnt66
In comparison to Revan, who he regards as "all-powerful." erm

SunRazer
I know. He's already said that he reckons Revan > Exile. erm

But your old argument about Traya being "all-powerful" by his definition (no idea where you got that from) and thus Traya > Exile is completely unsupported by his quote.

DarthAnt66
I don't even recall that argument.

S_W_LeGenD
I am not sure why this is even an argument. Chris Avellone himself perceives Revan to be much stronger than Jedi Exile. The novel made this official. Coincidence much?

Also, fans of KoTOR 2 are way too critical of the novel. They take character statements in KoTOR 2 as gospel but revelations in the novel are wrong?

What all of us should do is to try to connect the dots from multiple sources and see what we get.

SunRazer
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
I don't even recall that argument.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=633369&pagenumber=1

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
I am not sure why this is even an argument. Chris Avellone himself perceives Revan to be much stronger than Jedi Exile. The novel made this official. Coincidence much?

Avellone didn't write the novel; Drew Karpyshyn did. And they have differing opinions; Avellone thinks Revan would kick the Exile's ass in a duel and yet Drew thinks the Exile is a better duelist.

The call of someone completely ignorant about KotOR II. The novel makes plenty of incorrect assertions about KotOR II, and we know this from official, objective sources, not just character statements.

S_W_LeGenD
Avellone didn't write the novel; Drew Karpyshyn did. And they have differing opinions; Avellone thinks Revan would kick the Exile's ass in a duel and yet Drew thinks the Exile is a better duelist.
According to that writer, Darth Malak was also relatively a superior duelist.

However, author's argument is that Revan adopted a customized dueling style that enabled him to incorporate his Force powers and make the most of his talents in a duel in a seamless manner. This enabled Revan to defeat even a relatively superior swordsman without much effort.

S_W_LeGenD

The call of someone completely ignorant about KotOR II. The novel makes plenty of incorrect assertions about KotOR II, and we know this from official, objective sources, not just character statements.
Looks like I will connect the dots.

SunRazer
Indeed. That's just proof that author statements shouldn't be taken as gospel; I certainly don't. I'm just saying that your argument made no sense.

DarthAnt66
Drew doesn't think the Exile is a better duelist anyway.

Avellone thinks Revan is way better than the Exile, though.

SunRazer
You can be a better duelist and end up having a draw with them in a fight. You literally just complained about that in your blog.

Anyways, this is proof that author quotes (which they always go out of their way to say shouldn't be taken as canon) are irreconcilable with one another and therefore have no way of being placed into continuity.

S_W_LeGenD
Indeed. That's just proof that author statements shouldn't be taken as gospel; I certainly don't. I'm just saying that your argument made no sense.
Do you think Jedi Exile could circumvent Revan's potent combination of battle precognition, speed and raw power in a duel?

Her technical skills won't make much difference against that because Revan will predict her moves with greater clarity and outgun her.

AncientPower
Avellone also thinks his concept of Darth Revan and the Ancient Sith can f*ck around with galaxies and a whole host of other things.

DarthAnt66
Anyways, this is proof that author quotes (which they always go out of their way to say shouldn't be taken as canon) are irreconcilable with one another and therefore have no way of being placed into continuity.
While your motives are blatantly clear, no, this just means Drew doesn't want to comment on who wins whereas Avellone is pretty specific.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by AncientPower
Avellone also thinks his concept of Darth Revan and the Ancient Sith can f*ck around with galaxies and a whole host of other things.
Avellone wasn't referring to their power when referring to that.

AncientPower
No he was thinking about the psychology/strategy of the fight, in the parts that you always like to cut out whenever you reference it.

S_W_LeGenD
That point is misunderstood.

AncientPower
While your motives are blatantly clear, no, this just means Drew doesn't want to comment on who wins whereas Avellone is pretty specific.

Drew only says that because he finds the idea of a fight being restricted to only one aspect ridiculous. Nothing like what you're suggesting.

SunRazer

Not sure what motives you're talking about when I accept that Revan Reborn > KotOR II Exile (never mind novel Surik, who isn't even worth mentioning next to him) and dismiss all author quotes. I don't even take Drew's quote as legit; I think Revan's more skilled than Surik.

And you certainly don't get to comment on other people having agendas, lmfao.

DarthAnt66
I haven't had any agenda besides keeping the status quo for a while now, besides on Anakin.

SunRazer
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Do you think Jedi Exile could circumvent Revan's potent combination of battle precognition, speed and raw power in a duel?

Her technical skills won't make much difference against that because Revan will predict her moves with greater clarity and outgun her.

Being a duelist includes that sort of stuff.

Anyways, my point is that none of these author quotes are legit. Just forget about them. Ignore them.

SunRazer
I haven't had any agenda besides keeping the status quo for a while now.

The status quo for you has always been to wank Revan.smile

DarthAnt66
The status quo for you has always been to wank Revan.smile
https://media.giphy.com/media/KYNywoibU1PQ4/giphy.gif

Petrus
So, where do we stand? To what degree is KOTOR Revan more powerful than KOTOR 2 Exile?

Ursumeles
14,78568%

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Petrus
So, where do we stand? To what degree is KOTOR Revan more powerful than KOTOR 2 Exile?
He can beat two of her ar the same time with room to spare.

Petrus
Nah.

DarthAnt66
The dude can disintegrate Nyriss. Yeah.

Petrus
I said KOTOR Revan.

DarthAnt66
The nexus and the drugs easily make up for that.

Petrus
What nexus and what drugs? smile

DarthAnt66
The dark side nexus and the drugs specifically aimed to hinder Revan's ability to draw upon the Force.

Petrus
I have no idea what you're talking about. What does a DS nexus and drugs have to do with KOTOR Revan?

smile smile

DarthAnt66
retarded or trolling?

Petrus
smile smile smile

AncientPower
He can beat two of her ar the same time with room to spare.

Lmfao, he has literally no feats even remotely close to that.

So much for respecting the Exile.

UCanShootMyNova
I've raised Revan recently so TPM Maul level. smile

NTJack0
That Revan wank though, he's not that good.

SunRazer
Actually, the scaling thing in the other thread with the Masters has given me a more solid understanding of how Revan should compare to most characters in the mythos and I've ranked all of his incarnations higher for it.

Petrus
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
I've raised Revan recently so TPM Maul level. smile

Lmao, peak Revan >> Maul all-out.

Beniboybling
I've raised Revan recently so TPM Maul level. smile smile

Ursumeles
But we discuss Darth Revan in this thread mmm

DarthAnt66
Dude, take a joke.

UCanShootMyNova
I feel my ranking is even more accurate now. smile

Ursumeles
thumb upthumb upthumb up smilesmilesmile

Nephthys
I feel my ranking is even more accurate now. smile

laughingthumb up

SunRazer
Interesting. So we have pre-MW Revan being the most powerful Jedi of his time, then gaining "tremendous dark side power" over the course of the War. Then he's finally christened as Darth Revan and presumably grows yet again.

Should be pretty high up, actually. Higher than Darth Traya, at any rate.

DarthAnt66
This power progression has been laid out in my RT too, btw. thumb up

For what it's worth, the d20 sourcebook substantially increases Darth Revan's stats between when he went into the Unknown Regions and when he was finally betrayed by Malak.

UCanShootMyNova
Gross.

DarthAnt66
This power progression has been laid out in my RT too, btw. thumb up

For what it's worth, the d20 sourcebook substantially increases Darth Revan's stats between when he went into the Unknown Regions and when he was finally betrayed by Malak.
To add, Revan and Malak were stated to have "drew knowledge" from the tombs of Korriban, and Revan was also confirmed to have visited Yavin IV and fought dark-side beasts there.

SunRazer
That's game mechanics. And they're not needed, at any rate.

Indeed, I'm not finding it likely that Malak could've surpassed Darth Revan. At most, he'd be where Darth Traya is. His claim that he betrayed Revan only upon realizing that he was stronger is unfounded. Every source we know of, from the reliable to the downright unreliable like Chronicles of the Old Republic or The Old Republic: Revan establish that Revan was superior to Malak, and by some distance. That was certainly the case when the two were Jedi; as Sith Lords, is there compelling evidence to suggest that Malak would've grown far moreso than Revan to bridge the gap? I'm not seeing it.

AncientPower
The best argument for Darth Revan is that Malak's claim of KotOR Revan being more powerful is actually false.

SunRazer
I haven't seen substantial proof for that, but I'm open to a case on it.

AncientPower
Malak thinks Darth Revan is weak for not using the Star Forge, so he's utterly biased. On the other hand, when Revan regains his mask and the remainder of his Sith identity, he's one-shotting Nyriss, his best feat to date.

SunRazer

DarthAnt66
Malak thinks Darth Revan is weak for not using the Star Forge, so he's utterly biased.
thumb up thumb up thumb up

SunRazer
And he doesn't think KotOR Revan is weak for being an amnesiac puppet of the Jedi Council? erm

DarthAnt66
Malak doesn't view him in that way during their Star Forge fight.

SunRazer
Yeah, cause he snapped back to reality. He also acknowledges that Revan was on the cusp of invincibility as a Sith Lord, so he seems to have left la-la land at least.

samappo
Revan during his time as a Sith Lord imo would be like Darth Bane at least power level, probably approaching Dooku and maybe Vader. Here's why:

Physically Revan was a strong fighter, he had fought in hundreds of battles against likely thousands of force sensitives. His endurance and stamina would be very attuned. He definitely is not a weakling.

In terms of lightsaber skills, he is a confirmed specialist in Niman. His use of Niman was more alike to Exar Kun's Niman than standard Niman. By that I mean, he used his mastery of the other lightsaber forms (he was an implied master of all forms, at least textbook master) in conjunction with Niman to create a personalised style that would meet all demands on the battlefield. Unlike Kun who used Niman very aggressively on a constant basis, Revan would check his approach based on the situation, even using other forms when appropriate. I mean as a Sith Lord Malak challenged Revan, and Revan not only defeated his apprentice but cut off his jaw. Malak being a master of lightsaber combat and confirmed to be a better pure duelist than Revan. Therefore, I'd say Revan could at least take on Bane level or higher, probably Vader level would give him a challenge though.

In terms of applications of the force., obviously he was able to use a variety of applications, complimenting his use of Niman. I seriously doubt anyone Bane and below could really threaten him.

Therefore Revan is quite underrated as a duelist and force user even as a Sith Lord.

samappo
If you want I can explain why I think he could contend with Bane and maybe Vader as well. He could at least definitively defeat Bane, Maul and Dooku. Maybe Vader, definitely not Sidious though.

darthbane77
Malak thinks Darth Revan is weak for not using the Star Forge, so he's utterly biased. On the other hand, when Revan regains his mask and the remainder of his Sith identity, he's one-shotting Nyriss, his best feat to date. I'd argue that Revan flooring and almost nullifying Vitiate's lightning is his best feat to date. Or his domination of the TOR protags in SoR.

darthbane77
As for the OP. I have Darth Revan about equal to ROTJ Vader.

samappo
Originally posted by darthbane77
I'd argue that Revan flooring and almost nullifying Vitiate's lightning is his best feat to date. Or his domination of the TOR protags in SoR.

I'd say his trump card at this point is his ability to channel both sides of the force into a blast of pure force energy that Vitiate couldn't even defend against.

Revan at this point once he regains all his Sith memories and his mask could take Vader tier and up without question. Obviously God tier he couldn't contend with, like Grandmaster Luke, DE Sidious and Valkorion (obviously).

Geistalt
pretty impressive

solidly tpm kenobi level

Only on KMC is this not deigned heretical.

UCanShootMyNova
You're an idiot if you think that.

NewGuy01
You're an idiot.

Tondemonai
~ Dooku

Rockydonovang
dooku can compete with yoda, no version of revan can

DarthAnt66
lmfao ^

darthbane77
dooku can compete with yoda, no version of revan can And this is why nobody takes your Kenobi wanking ass seriously.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by darthbane77
And this is why nobody takes your Kenobi wanking ass seriously.
Others' inability to accept statements of authority and objective out of universe statements over their own headcanon and arbitrary feat interpretations does not concern me.

Revan can't compete with valk, dooku can compete with valk's canonical superior. This isn't that hard.

The idea that a vastly pre prime revan ~ dooku is asinine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.