Darth Vader vs. the Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

StiltmanFTW
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111118828/3585873-1425365-darth_vader_special_cover_by_anjum_673x1024.jpg

vs.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111111473/2990234-8195496113-Hulk-.jpg

quanchi112
Hulk stomps.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Hulk, instantly.

DarkSaint85
Vader chokes him out.

Or flings him into space.

Or throws his lightsabre, decapitating him.

deathslash
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Vader chokes him out.

Or flings him into space.

Or throws his lightsabre, decapitating him. this. The hulk has no level of resistance to the force and vader has more than enough ways to kill him. Not omly that, but vader is fast enough to properly dodge most of banner's attacks.

Sin I AM
He wont dodge a t-clap

RealityWarper
Can't Vader simply erase Hulk ?

Flyattractor
All things are possible thru the power of the Ultimate MacGuffin...I mean the Force.

TethAdamTheRock
Originally posted by Sin I AM
He wont dodge a t-clap Vader freeze him in place with his Telekinesis

ghostman
LOL why do i feel like this is bait for somebody

Sin I AM
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
Vader freeze him in place with his Telekinesis

Hulks above his paygrade. Vader is beastly but he gets wrecked by Banner.

carver9
Who's the strongest person Vader choked out? It's like saying I can choke Wolverine to death if he doesn't have the fts.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by carver9
Who's the strongest person Vader choked out? It's like saying I can choke Wolverine to death if he doesn't have the fts.

Doesnt matter. Hulk doesnt need to breathe to function. Poisonous gas, underwater, outer space...he's fine. Vaders only chance is bfr or decapitation.

TethAdamTheRock
Hulks above his paygrade. Vader is beastly but he gets wrecked by Banner. https://youtu.be/bkgzXpKbVGE

StiltmanFTW

Not a person, a Rancor.

Sin I AM
bkgzXpKbVGE

☝ here i fixed it for you

carver9
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Not a person, a Rancor.

Hulk level?

TethAdamTheRock
☝ here i fixed it for you What did you do?

deathslash
He wont dodge a t-clap force bubble+ enough durability to walk off getting shot by an AT-AT/survive buildings falling on him. He tosses hulk into the atmosphere or cuts his head off.

carver9
Most durable thing the blade has cut. Hulk has literally powered through TK far greater than what Vader can use. Hell, he powered through planetary TK. This is laughable.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Vader if he gets his TIE Advanced x1

Sin I AM
Originally posted by deathslash
force bubble+ enough durability to walk off getting shot by an AT-AT/survive buildings falling on him. He tosses hulk into the atmosphere or cuts his head off.

Force bubble could work initially. Hulks survived worse and would just heal and get stronger. Are you gonna debate or use fanfic because everything else youve just said isnt working.

Digi
Most durable thing the blade has cut.

I have no issue saying Hulk wins. But lightsabers are no joke in the cutting department. They're pretty much the adamantium of the SW universe. There are a couple uber substances that can hold up to it in small bursts, but nothing I can recall that wouldn't get sliced eventually.

carver9
Originally posted by Digi
I have no issue saying Hulk wins. But lightsabers are no joke in the cutting department. They're pretty much the adamantium of the SW universe. There are a couple uber substances that can hold up to it in small bursts, but nothing I can recall that wouldn't get sliced eventually.

Agreed. I know it's extremely powerful but if we are using the Hulk that's in the pic, Adamantium has even failed against his skin.

Sin I AM

Slicing or cutting hulk isn't the issue (adamantly can do that). It's the amount of force required to seriously hurt him that's lacking.

Galan007
If Legends feats are included, Vader wins. He possessed galaxy-level TK, and the ability to generate force-maelstroms capable of atomizing those in his general vicinity(to name a few of his ridiculous abilities.)

...And a lightsaber would undoubtedly be able to pierce Hulk's hide. Get that resistance to lightsabers shit out of here. srsly

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Galan007
If Legends feats are included, Vader wins. He possessed galaxy-level TK, and the ability to generate force-maelstroms capable of atomizing those in his general vicinity(to name a few of his ridiculous abilities.)

...And a lightsaber would undoubtedly be able to pierce Hulk's hide. Get that resistance to lightsabers shit out of here. srsly

Maybe i should start using "What if" feats as my argument as well? Let's make everything that's not canon, canon.

Are you suggesting a lightsaber is infallible?

Galan007
Hence why I said "IF Legends feats are included." Typically when people create SW threads(even on the SW forums), they allow Legends to be used... This simply gives us a larger pot to pull from, as post-Legends continuity is still quite new, thus most characters do not yet have many feats that can be used. But again: I don't know if that was the thread starter's intention, hence 'if'. wink

No. I am just saying that lightsabers have the cutting feats to suggest they can pierce Hulk's hide. Simple. Anyone who actually knows SW would certainly agree.

Please do not put words in my mouth. The faux-intellectual BS you pull with some people will not work on me. smile

Sin I AM
Your opinion on Legends is moot and counter productive. If it's non-canon then it's non-canon. Not sure why youd even mention it. Typically when people want to use said feats they include said feats/versions in the op..stop projecting.

I never said he couldnt cut him. What i said was he lacked the force (pun intended) to sufficiently harm him. He is as you know highly resistant to damage coupled with a hf thats simply beyond Vaders damage output.

Lol at last comment. Pot calling the kettle? In any event i relish the chance to engage an intellect superior to mine own. shifty

StiltmanFTW
Not sure why youd even mention it.

It's like saying "Only dcnu matters now, not sure why you mention pre-flashpoint stuff".

Ok, so:

1. Legends Vader.

2. Disney Vader.

Pre-death, pre-depowerment Hulk.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
He possessed galaxy-level TK

Huh?

Galan007
Your opinion on Legends is moot and counter productive. If it's non-canon then it's non-canon. Not sure why youd even mention it. Typically when people want to use said feats they include said feats/versions in the op..stop projecting. It's not counterproductive at all, as the thread starter didn't specify either way. IF Legends is included, Vader wins. IF Legends is not included, Vader loses due to lack of feats. Simple.

I never said he couldnt cut him. What i said was he lacked the force (pun intended) to sufficiently harm him. He is as you know highly resistant to damage coupled with a hf thats simply beyond Vaders damage output. I disagree to a point.

Unlike most other conventional weapons, sabers to not rely on the force/momentum generated by the swing to cause damage. They are, after all, relatively weightless -- in fact, the only quantifiable weight is in the hilt of the weapon. The heat element of the saber is what does the bulk of the damage, regardless of the force behind it.

Galan007
It's like saying "Only dcnu matters now, not sure why you mention pre-flashpoint stuff".

Ok, so:

1. Legends Vader.

2. Disney Vader.

Pre-death, pre-depowerment Hulk. Cool beans. So...
IF Legends is included, Vader wins. IF Legends is not included, Vader loses due to lack of feats. Simple.

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Huh? He effortlessly force-choked Xizor from half the galaxy away whilst holding back.

cdtm
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111118828/3585873-1425365-darth_vader_special_cover_by_anjum_673x1024.jpg

vs.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111111473/2990234-8195496113-Hulk-.jpg

Spite against Hulk.

Sin I AM
It's not counterproductive at all, as the thread starter didn't specify either way. IF Legends is included, Vader wins. IF Legends is not included, Vader loses due to lack of feats. Simple.

I disagree to a point.

Unlike most other conventional weapons, sabers to not rely on the force/momentum generated by the swing to cause damage. They are, after all, relatively weightless -- in fact, the only quantifiable weight is in the hilt of the weapon. The heat element of the saber is what does the bulk of the damage, regardless of the force behind it.

Fine. Op clarified so i concede.

I disagree. But only on the grounds that it wouldn't require sufficient force to cut him deep.

quanchi112
Your opinion on Legends is moot and counter productive. If it's non-canon then it's non-canon. Not sure why youd even mention it. Typically when people want to use said feats they include said feats/versions in the op..stop projecting.

I never said he couldnt cut him. What i said was he lacked the force (pun intended) to sufficiently harm him. He is as you know highly resistant to damage coupled with a hf thats simply beyond Vaders damage output.

Lol at last comment. Pot calling the kettle? In any event i relish the chance to engage an intellect superior to mine own. shifty You went for the jugular.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
He effortlessly force-choked Xizor from half the galaxy away whilst holding back.

Ahh, I thought you were saying he could affect a galaxy with his TK. laughing out loud

Digi

Lol. But this is a little different than a What-If, because Legends was in fact canon for decades, and has only been deemed otherwise since the new movies. For purposes of battles like this, it's still in a weird transition. The DCnU comparison is a fair one, but imagine when it was only a year in. Most DC vs. threads were pre-DCnU characters, even when the OP didn't specifically stipulate. SW is in that same weird state right now.

So sure, remove Legends and it's a very different conversation. Same with any SW character. But it's worth making the distinction exactly because the difference is so great between the two.

In any event i relish the chance to engage an intellect superior to mine own. shifty

Always happy to help.

fdog

leonidas
that pic. in some distant, distant future, you really should have that on your tombstone.... that would be awesome.... thumb up

and the saber would definitely cut hulk, question is how quick he'd heal from it. it doesn't 'cut' so much as it simply melts whatever it touches. is it conceivable vader simply beheads him? well, i don't think it's inconceivable, coupled with all his other powers. coupled with a force push, he could certainly drive the saber straight DOWN into hulk's brain at the very least. probably wouldn't even need the force for that. pretty sure he'd feel pretty shitty with a lightsaber shoved into his brain.... but would that kill hulk? attacks on his brain have def had some success in the past so, meh. i dunno.

Galan007
I disagree. But only on the grounds that it wouldn't require sufficient force to cut him deep. Lightsaber blades are weightless, so the force/momentum behind a strike does not contribute to its ability to cut/pierce *as* much as standard melee weaponry. The heat-element of the saber is what generates the bulk of the damage... That's why Qui-Gon, for example, was able to plunge his saber through very thick blast doors with almost no effort:
http://i.imgur.com/3thh0Kq.gif

That said, the power behind a saber-strike certainly does contribute to its effectiveness to some degree -- I am certainly not trying to imply otherwise. It is just not as profound a difference as we see in, say, a conventional sword.

carver9
What is the most durable thing it has cut though. Cutting metal doors doesn't mean it is going to cut Thor, Hulk, or Superman skin.

zopzop
No version of Hulk is losing vs Vader, period. Hulk stomps.

Digi
Can Hulk really no-sell lightsaber-level stabs with regularity? I am far from a Hulk scholar, but numerous showings of his I have in my mind involve cuts, stabs and other damage. Usually shrugged off with healing factor, granted, but that's different than no-selling.

Originally posted by leonidas
that pic. in some distant, distant future, you really should have that on your tombstone.... that would be awesome.... thumb up

Lol. thumb up Something to think about. I mean, I'm 32. I'll be dead at some point in the next 2-50 years. Gotta start planning ahead...

zopzop
Can Hulk really no-sell lightsaber-level stabs with regularity? I am far from a Hulk scholar, but numerous showings of his I have in my mind involve cuts, stabs and other damage. Usually shrugged off with healing factor, granted, but that's different than no-selling.
Unless I'm mistaken lightsabers rely on energy/heat to deal damage. Hulk's energy resistance is top notch.

DarkSaint85
Hulk was decapitated before. Yes, by Caps's shield, but that does not make any difference.

Galan007
What is the most durable thing it has cut though. Cutting metal doors doesn't mean Lol. Does it really matter what anyone says? Clearly your opinion that Hulk can no-sell saber-strikes isn't going to change.

g007-psyduck

TethAdamTheRock
Originally posted by zopzop
Unless I'm mistaken lightsabers rely on energy/heat to deal damage. Hulk's energy resistance is top notch. Plasma

Sin I AM
Lol. But this is a little different than a What-If, because Legends was in fact canon for decades, and has only been deemed otherwise since the new movies. For purposes of battles like this, it's still in a weird transition. The DCnU comparison is a fair one, but imagine when it was only a year in. Most DC vs. threads were pre-DCnU characters, even when the OP didn't specifically stipulate. SW is in that same weird state right now.

So sure, remove Legends and it's a very different conversation. Same with any SW character. But it's worth making the distinction exactly because the difference is so great between the two.

Always happy to help.

fdog

I got what Galan was trying to say Digi. I was just being facetious. Legends canonicity isn't set in stone as I've read a recent interview where certain aspects were going to be used in the future. They powers that be just didn't want to bog down writers.

But even with it. I feel Hulk isn't getting the respect he deserves. The guy is borderline trans on strength alone and people are suggesting he's getting force choked is laughable/trolling.

Lightsaber blades are weightless, so the force/momentum behind a strike does not contribute to its ability to cut/pierce *as* much as standard melee weaponry. The heat-element of the saber is what generates the bulk of the damage... That's why Qui-Gon, for example, was able to plunge his saber through very thick blast doors with almost no effort:
http://i.imgur.com/3thh0Kq.gif

That said, the power behind a saber-strike certainly does contribute to its effectiveness to some degree -- I am certainly not trying to imply otherwise. It is just not as profound a difference as we see in, say, a conventional sword.

I feel like you're applying a nlf to sabers with this argument

Galan007
I feel like you're applying a nlf to sabers with this argument Then you clearly didn't comprehend what I said.

Sin I AM
Then you clearly didn't comprehend what I said.

Maybe, ...in any event that's what I got.

Galan007
Again, lightsaber blades are weightless, so the force/momentum behind a saber-strike does not contribute to its ability to cut/pierce *as* much as standard melee weaponry.

That is all I was saying in a nutshell. Not sure how you managed to gather a no-limits fallacy from that, but whatevs...

krisblaze
Hulk can still be choked out.

Force surge to keep him airborne and then a choke to kill the oxygen going to his brain?

Damborgson
Yeah but I mean....hulk stomping the ground with any significant force should send Vader flying. I'm sure his force ability is more than enough to keep him protected from shockwaves and debris to a point, but he's not so durable as to want to risk any sort of melee from the hulk.

He can go Manchester Black on him and start giving him multiple strokes though, I assume.

-K-M-
Originally posted by krisblaze
Hulk can still be choked out.

Force surge to keep him airborne and then a choke to kill the oxygen going to his brain?

*insert snake scan

krisblaze
Originally posted by Damborgson
Yeah but I mean....hulk stomping the ground with any significant force should send Vader flying. I'm sure his force ability is more than enough to keep him protected from shockwaves and debris to a point, but he's not so durable as to want to risk any sort of melee from the hulk.

He can go Manchester Black on him and start giving him multiple strokes though, I assume.

Send Vader flying? he can fly

carver9
This is getting dumb. Vader tk isn't doing anything to Hulk.

TethAdamTheRock
This is getting dumb. Vader tk isn't doing anything to Hulk. Vader bfrs him to the sun

carver9
Vader bfrs him to the sun

Vader isn't lifting him. Again, Hulk has powered through TK powerful enough to hurl planets.

TethAdamTheRock
Since when can somebody stop themself from being lifted by tk? Unless they have flight.

carver9
Since when can somebody stop themself from being lifted by tk? Unless they have flight.

You know we are talking about comic book characters, right?

h1a8
Vader can win by
Using TK to lift Hulk and turn him around and then throwing the light-saber at him.

TethAdamTheRock
You know we are talking about comic book characters, right? i dont get it

TethAdamTheRock
Originally posted by h1a8
Vader can win by
Using TK to lift Hulk and turn him around and then throwing the light-saber at him. more like stabbing him through the brain

zopzop
This is getting dumb. Vader tk isn't doing anything to Hulk. Originally posted by carver9
You know we are talking about comic book characters, right?
thumb up

carver9
Vader can win by
Using TK to lift Hulk and turn him around and then throwing the light-saber at him.

What showing makes you think the light Saber can cut Hulk?

carver9
i dont get it

What I'm telling you is Hulk has punched through planetary TK. Vader TK isn't holding him. Hulk strength/power>>>>>>>>>Vader TK.

carver9
A thunderclap should suffice...

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/8/89462/2249703-world_war_hulk___x_men__001_013.jpg

Or a speed blitz and punch to the head should count as well.

Khazra Reborn
From my understanding of lightsabres, they're supposed to be like, superheated plasma or something, and based on most of Hulk's durability feats pertaining to energy/heat he'd probably be pretty tough to cut with a LS. IMO Vader would have a better shot with a piercing weapon, opposed to an energy one.

DarkSaint85
A thunderclap should suffice...

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/8/89462/2249703-world_war_hulk___x_men__001_013.jpg

Or a speed blitz and punch to the head should count as well.

Scans of Vader having eardrums to rupture.

He's basically a cyborg.

Moreover, you think a little pain makes him lose focus? Read more Vader. He's no newbie.

TethAdamTheRock
Doesnt plasma work on the molecular level?

carver9
Doesnt plasma work on the molecular level?

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11121/111213429/4455576-8003548049-40721.jpg

Hulk then walks through this same attack as if it was nothing. Powered through it. Give up.

h1a8
What showing makes you think the light Saber can cut Hulk?

Durability isn't a factor of the light-saber. It can cut through any material in the universe except another light-saber blade or material with energy properties that can cancel out the light-saber. I've seen Deadpool cut Hulk with very durable katanas. Hulk isn't very resistant against being cut.

carver9
Durability isn't a factor of the light-saber. It can cut through any material in the universe except another light-saber blade or material with energy properties that can cancel out the light-saber. I've seen Deadpool cut Hulk with very durable katanas. Hulk isn't very resistant against being cut.

Hulk punching power can warp reality (see what I did?).

Scans of Deadpool blades cutting Hulk.

CosmicComet
Umm, are people actually arguing seriously for Vader?

Hulk can speed-blitz him, or just thunderclap him into pieces.

Galan007
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Scans of Vader having eardrums to rupture.

He's basically a cyborg.

Moreover, you think a little pain makes him lose focus? Read more Vader. He's no newbie. Vader's suit protects him from the vacuum of space(for starters), so I don't see eardrum-poppage as a possibility anyway. /shrug

Moreover, he can erect force-shields capable of weathering large explosions and building collapses. OR he can change the trajectory of attacks sent his way:
https://s16.postimg.org/bjg2e6k39/image.png

People are seriously underestimating Vader if they think a t-clap is all it'd take for Hulk to win. srsly

CosmicComet
T-Claps could beat Rulk at the height of the loeb-force.

A relatively fragile being like Vader doesn't stand a chance.

DarkSaint85
Yes, because Hulk starts fights with Rulk level t claps.

Whereas Vader does not hold back and goes for the quick kill.

krisblaze
That WWH fight is bullshit anyways.

Hellions fought to the brink of death several times. He wouldnt quit after ruptured eardrums, none of them would.

There's also a difference between pushing someone back and pushing them up. There isn't a damn thing the Hulk can do without leverage.

deathslash
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Umm, are people actually arguing seriously for Vader?

Hulk can speed-blitz him, or just thunderclap him into pieces. since when has hulk ever been capable of speed blitzing a character as fast as Vader?

@galan: isn't there also a force technique that allows the user to target and crush the heart?

Galan007
It's not a special technique, per se. The Force-user just has to visualize/target the heart specifically, and crush it via TK.

Same basic concept as force-choke.

Raptor22
As much as i like vader, hulks above his pay grade, even with legends feats included.

I could absolutly see legends Palpatine taking hulk but he's a bit out of vaders league imo.

TheHulk
It seriously depends on a lot of stuff. More on Vader though, like can the saber really hurt Hulk? Can simple force techniques like Force Choke can really affect Hulk?

Psychotron
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11121/111213429/4455576-8003548049-40721.jpg

Hulk then walks through this same attack as if it was nothing. Powered through it. Give up.

I just wanted to stop by and ask how is Hulk walking through that attack "as if it was nothing" when the last panel has him down to a knee?

carver9
Originally posted by Psychotron
I just wanted to stop by and ask how is Hulk walking through that attack "as if it was nothing" when the last panel has him down to a knee?

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111113733/3629147-7091620480-31180.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111113733/3629148-7299787126-31180.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/102593/3220789-13.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/102593/3220791-15.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/102593/3220792-16.jpg

Next time, just ask.

Sin I AM
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111113733/3629147-7091620480-31180.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111113733/3629148-7299787126-31180.jpg

Next time, just ask.

Who made that gun? It looked pretty effective.

carver9
Who made that gun? It looked pretty effective.

Of course it would be effective, it rewrites molecules on a subatomic level. The point is, he didn't have a scratch on him and at one point, walked through the attack.

TheHulk
Of course it would be effective, it rewrites molecules on a subatomic level. The point is, he didn't have a scratch on him and at one point, walked through the attack. That's almost insane tbh, how durable are you to even walk of an attack that meant to assault you on a sub atomic level sad I mean still Hulk was clearly very irritated by that gun though.

Sin I AM
Of course it would be effective, it rewrites molecules on a subatomic level. The point is, he didn't have a scratch on him and at one point, walked through the attack.

That's like not what i asked but ok.

cdtm
It could be a regular sword and it would cut him up. But laser sword = immune, by carvers argument.

Hulk's piercing durability is absolutely pathetic. Worst in comics.

Psychotron

Next time, just ask.

Right.

carver9
Originally posted by cdtm
It could be a regular sword and it would cut him up. But laser sword = immune, by carvers argument.

Hulk's piercing durability is absolutely pathetic. Worst in comics.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11121/111213429/5655019-8929009840-37680.jpg

You're right. The last time Hulk and Wolverine fought, Wolverine claws was giving Hulk minor scratches (and Hulk was weakened). You live in the classic world. I need you to up to date your comics.

I wonder what those small pieces of sharp metal are that is flying around Hulk body when he is shot?

Sin I AM
Y would anyone in their right mind make adamantium bullets out of such a small calibered gun

TethAdamTheRock
Y would anyone in their right mind make adamantium bullets out of such a small calibered gun Adamantium can pierce anything, regardless of the force behind it.

Sin I AM
Adamantium can pierce anything, regardless of the force behind it.

No it cannot. That's the reason y wolverine can't pierce hulk anymore. He doesn't have the strength.

h1a8
But durable cutting weapons can separate Hulk's flesh (his molecules).
Anyway I believe the light Saber can cut Hulk.

TethAdamTheRock
No it cannot. That's the reason y wolverine can't pierce hulk anymore. He doesn't have the strength. https://qph.ec.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-f376c23c926638579c849aa05b967f52

carver9
https://qph.ec.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-f376c23c926638579c849aa05b967f52

That entire comic Hulk was being mistreated. Also, Wolverine claws>>>>Vader light saber.

Sin I AM
https://qph.ec.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-f376c23c926638579c849aa05b967f52

I'm not sure if Savage Wolverine is canon or a one one-off or a weird outlier. Hulk seemed like comedy relief more than anything that entire comic. He even got knocked down by a gorilla.

That entire comic Hulk was being mistreated. Also, Wolverine claws>>>>Vader light saber.

They're even actually. Light saber maybe better since it doesn't really "cut "

TethAdamTheRock
He even got knocked down by a gorilla.

? Scan

TethAdamTheRock
That entire comic Hulk was being mistreated. Also, Wolverine claws>>>>Vader light saber. Based on what exactly

carver9
Based on what exactly

Wolverine slicing Thanos who had the infinity stones. Wolverine cutting Thor, cutting Gladiator, etc, etc...

What has the light saber damaged?

StiltmanFTW
I'm not sure if Savage Wolverine is canon or a one one-off or a weird outlier. Hulk seemed like comedy relief more than anything that entire comic. He even got knocked down by a gorilla.

It is canon.

Wolverine didn't have many feats in that series, stabbing through Hulk's skull is not as impressive as easily shredding Terminus armor who has no-sold Thor's best physical and energy attacks...

TethAdamTheRock
Wolverine slicing Thanos who had the infinity stones. Wolverine cutting Thor, cutting Gladiator, etc, etc...

What has the light saber damaged? Basically everything it has ever gone against.

StiltmanFTW
Basically everything it has ever gone against.

No, it struggled against Trade Federation's vault doors and numerous materials have resisted it in the EU, like mandalorian's iron or cortosis. Even Vader's suit was somewhat saber-resistant.

Of course, it's much harder to find saber-proof materials...

Anyway, Vader's saber should be capable of hurting Hulk, but not with great ease.

TethAdamTheRock
Vault doors are about 1 foot thick of solid steel

Has wolverine ever cut something 1 + foot thick with a single swipe?

StiltmanFTW
http://i.imgur.com/AUSj493.png

Sin I AM
? Scan

Savage Wolverine 5. I don't have the scan

It is canon.

Wolverine didn't have many feats in that series, stabbing through Hulk's skull is not as impressive as easily shredding Terminus armor who has no-sold Thor's best physical and energy attacks...

I figured it was it's just that Hulk appeared out if nowhere..his characterization was off and then he got bit by a gorilla, punched by a gorilla, brain stab, punched away, blown up and taken off panel by a whale. He seemed more comedy relief than anything.

StiltmanFTW
I figured it was it's just that Hulk appeared out if nowhere..his characterization was off and then he got bit by a gorilla, punched by a gorilla, brain stab, punched away, blown up and taken off panel by a whale. He seemed more comedy relief than anything.

The entire run was comedic, but again: penetrating Hulk's skull like that is not even among Logan's highest feats.

carver9
Basically everything it has ever gone against.

That doesn't hold. Do you believe it could slice through Galactus.

h1a8
That doesn't hold. Do you believe it could slice through Galactus.

Yes, Galactus isn't that durable against physical attacks. He is greatly resistant against energy attacks though. Uru or Adamantium is more durable than him against physical attacks.

StiltmanFTW
He is greatly resistant against energy attacks though.

Energy blade = energy attack. Tell your students you need to retire.

Sin I AM
The entire run was comedic, but again: penetrating Hulk's skull like that is not even among Logan's highest feats.

You're right.

Sidenote. Did you ever read that contagion arc?

TethAdamTheRock
That doesn't hold. Do you believe it could slice through Galactus. Do you believe wolverine can slice through galactus?

StiltmanFTW
You're right.

Sidenote. Did you ever read that contagion arc?

You mean "Wolverine: The Best There Is" series?

Yes, I did. What about it?

leonidas
lol is that the first time someone showed that scan? when i mentioned a saber through the brain THAT is the scene i was talking about. and no, the claws are not>>a saber. in fact, the saber would easily replicate that feat and KEEP melting, whereas the claws just stop. in all honesty, i could see a force choke to startle/stun hulk followed by a saber through the brain. if you think that's far-fetched, you really don't know vader or anything about his feats. a t-clap wouldn't put him down--not that that would be hulk's insta-go-to anyway. he'd charge vader, who'd try and stop him with the force and would fail. he'd change tactics and go for a choke then go for the beheading or the kill through the brain. it's completely logical and possible for vader to win this fight. if hulk grabbed him it would be all over in a second, but not sure i see that happening for a majority of the time. /shrug

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by leonidas
and no, the claws are not>>a saber.

Omnium doors vs. Trade Federation doors...

You'd need the entirety of Legends feats to compete, leo.

Cogito
http://i.imgur.com/AUSj493.png

Why is the length of the claws that pierces through the one foot thick door the same as the length of the claws in their entirety in the second panel?

#artfail

TethAdamTheRock
1 foot is about the length from your elbow to your finger tips

Galan007
No, it struggled against Trade Federation's vault doors No, it didn't.

The blast doors were just quite a bit thicker than the saber was long(which, btw, means the doors were between 3-4 feet thick), thus Qui-Gon couldn't do the circular plunge-cut he'd been doing to the thinner/standard door just before the blast doors closed.

Instead he simply plunged his saber as deep into the blast doors as he could(effortlessly, mind you), in order to melt through the whole damn thing with just radiant heat -- a tactic that would have undoubtedly worked had the Droidekas not showed up.

and numerous materials have resisted it in the EU, like mandalorian's iron or cortosis. "Numerous" is a pretty strong word. There are a few materials in the SW galaxy that are saber-resistant, sure, but that doesn't mean a whole lot in regards to this thread.

Even Vader's suit was somewhat saber-resistant. Eh?

http://i.imgur.com/RiejTM5.gif

confused

Damborgson
Originally posted by krisblaze
Send Vader flying? he can fly

That won't help when he hits a wall but that's good for Annie.

TethAdamTheRock
Originally posted by Damborgson
That won't help when he hits a wall but that's good for Annie. He has shields

StiltmanFTW
Eh?

http://i.imgur.com/RiejTM5.gif

confused

Episode V, not VI.

Galan007
What we saw in ESB is simply a mark of contact within lightsaber combat called "Shiim" -- it's similar to how Dooku disarmed/incapacitated Kenobi in AotC. It hardly means Vader's suit is saber-resistant, though... Luke chopping his hand off is proof enough of that.

leonidas
Omnium doors vs. Trade Federation doors...

You'd need the entirety of Legends feats to compete, leo.

i didn't say they were equal, just not as far apart as some are making out. i could def see the saber cutting secondary adamantium, for instance, but it wouldn't cut through logan's claws. kinda irrelevant to the thread anyway. my point was it could def cut through hulk's hide. /shrug

Raptor22
No, it struggled against Trade Federation's vault doors and numerous materials have resisted it in the EU, like mandalorian's iron or cortosis. Even Vader's suit was somewhat saber-resistant.

Of course, it's much harder to find saber-proof materials...

Anyway, Vader's saber should be capable of hurting Hulk, but not with great ease. yeah Mandalorian iron is resistant to lightsaberd but can be cut thru with time. I dont think id put cortosis in the same catagory tho. Its not so much its durability that makes it so difficult to cut thru, but more so its special properties that short out and deactivate lightsabers when they come into contact with it.

As for completly saber proof materials, iirc the zilo beast from TCW had scales that couldnt even be scratched by sabers, and another monster called the Sugati from the comics had a hide that sabers are useless against.

I dont recall vaders suit having any special resistance to lightsabers tho. Its been cut thru easily several time throughout the comics.

content://media/external/file/10771

Raptor22
Couldnt get this pic into my last post for some reason

cdtm
Originally posted by Raptor22
yeah Mandalorian iron is resistant to lightsaberd but can be cut thru with time. I dont think id put cortosis in the same catagory tho. Its not so much its durability that makes it so difficult to cut thru, but more so its special properties that short out and deactivate lightsabers when they come into contact with it.

As for completly saber proof materials, iirc the zilo beast from TCW had scales that couldnt even be scratched by sabers, and another monster called the Sugati from the comics had a hide that sabers are useless against.

I dont recall vaders suit having any special resistance to lightsabers tho. Its been cut thru easily several time throughout the comics.

content://media/external/file/10771

Construction droids were completely immune, at least in Legends (I believe it was The Crystal Star, and the lightsaber simply bounced off the droid.)

Raptor22
What we saw in ESB is simply a mark of contact within lightsaber combat called "Shiim" -- it's similar to how Dooku disarmed/incapacitated Kenobi in AotC. It hardly means Vader's suit is saber-resistant, though... Luke chopping his hand off is proof enough of that. I believe shiim is simply attacking the hand of your opponent, while cutting the hand off at the wrist is called Cho mai.

Raptor22
Originally posted by cdtm
Construction droids were completely immune, at least in Legends (I believe it was The Crystal Star, and the lightsaber simply bounced off the droid.) I havent read that book in probably a good decade so its definitely possible, or they might have had some sort of shield generator or something.

Id check it out myself but The Crystal Star is one of the worst star wars novels ever written in my op and it would probably take a legit act of god to get me to flip thru that story again.

Damborgson
He has shields

Of course but there's limits to everything. And the force he's dealing with is essentially the strongest hero within the herald tier, idk, it just seems unlikely to me he's sturdy enough to protect himself much.

DarkSaint85
TK from Hellion is one thing.

TK 'hands' holding you in place is the same.

Focussed TK on your airways is another

Galan007
Originally posted by Raptor22
I believe shiim is simply attacking the hand of your opponent Shiim is the act of maiming your opponent *somewhere* on their upper extremities, as Dooku did when he clipped Kenobi's shoulder in AotC:
http://i.imgur.com/1iENSHe.jpg
-Fightsaber

...Which is essentially the exact same thing Luke did to Vader in ESB.

Raptor22
Shiim is the act of maiming your opponent *somewhere* on their upper extremities, as Dooku did to Kenobi in AotC:
http://i.imgur.com/1iENSHe.jpg
-Fightsaber

...Which is essentially the exact same thing Luke did to Vader in ESB. im probably being a little nit pickey here but

"Shim one of the two Fundamental Marks, is a blow delivered with the edeg if the blade. It usualy inflicts superficial wounds, but if you have any opening in battle you should be quick to seize it." -The Jedi Path

Which is as your scan correctly shows what dooku did to Kenobi. But i think what luke did to vader more closely fits with Cho mai's definition as opposed to shiim.

"Cho mai is more direct. It severs the weapon hand entirely, leaving your opponent alive but unable to continue the fight, and is thus a merciful conclusion to battle." - The Jedi Path

Galan007
No, no.

I am talking about Luke clipping Vader during their duel in ESB:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b_FIvDghpo
(0:57)

Like I said: that is Shiim, as Luke merely maimed Vader's shoulder.

In RotJ, however, you are correct that Luke preformed Cho Mai when he severed Vader's weapon-hand entirely. But again: I wasn't referring to that instance. thumb up

Raptor22
No, no.

I am talking about Luke clipping Vader during their duel in ESB:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b_FIvDghpo
(0:57)

Like I said: that is Shiim, as Luke merely maimed Vader's shoulder.

In RotJ, however, you are correct that Luke preformed Cho Mai when he severed Vader's weapon-hand entirely. But again: I wasn't referring to that instance. thumb up yep, bit of a misunderstanding on my part. Having cleared that up i agree completly.

StiltmanFTW
What we saw in ESB is simply a mark of contact within lightsaber combat called "Shiim" -- it's similar to how Dooku disarmed/incapacitated Kenobi in AotC. It hardly means Vader's suit is saber-resistant, though... Luke chopping his hand off is proof enough of that.

The shoulder armor itself weighed 12.2 kg overall, was resistant to both blasters and energy blades, and was capable of withstanding hits from both weapon types with only minor surface pitting.

Source: Darth Vader: A 3-D Reconstruction Log

Galan007
^ Yeeeah, there are loads of "energy blades" in the SW galaxy. Here are a few examples:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Velmorian_energy_sword
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/X-22_energy_blade
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Vibroblade/Legends
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/X-12_energy_blade

Lightsabers, however, tend not to be so ambiguously labeled in Bios/Sourcebooks for that very reason.

Aside from that, Vader's official blueprint states his helmet and shoulder armor are made out of Durasteel:
http://i.imgur.com/ZLRLfve.jpg

...Which sabers can effortlessly cut/slag, like a hot knife through butter(literally.) In fact, the blast doors Qui-Gon was easily cutting through in TPM(I posted the gif earlier) were made from Durasteel -- the novelization confirms this.

So like I said: no portion of Vader's suit has a special resistance to lightsabers.

psycho gundam
Nova blasts from Human Torch

Savage

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Durability/th_SavageHulkTemperature15534.jpg http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Durability/th_SavageHulkTemperature16.jpg

Green scar

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Durability/th_WWHTemperature03WWH2.jpg http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Durability/th_WWHTemperature04.jpg

TethAdamTheRock
Originally posted by psycho gundam
Nova blasts from Human Torch

Savage

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Durability/th_SavageHulkTemperature15534.jpg http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Durability/th_SavageHulkTemperature16.jpg

Green scar

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Durability/th_WWHTemperature03WWH2.jpg http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Durability/th_WWHTemperature04.jpg Pretty sure plasma is hotter than fire, or works differently or something

carver9
Pretty sure plasma is hotter than fire, or works differently or something

Hit with the power of the sun.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111113173/3354784-hulk+vs.+olympus10.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111113173/3354785-hulk+vs.+olympus11.jpg

Abomb grabbed Hulk head and Dipped it in volcano trying to drown him and it went up his nose and everything. Did nothing to him. The only thing he was pissed off about was his hair was burned off.

psycho gundam
Pretty sure plasma is hotter than fire, or works differently or something It's never been stated to be plasma but it may create ionized air. The closest thing to a temperature that I remember off hand was when Human torch said he was going to create 2 million degree heat when facing Doom with Surfer's power after the latter said he could easily withstand million degree heat. Even though Doom isn't American it's presumably Fahrenheit but then Human torch never stated it was his hottest temperature nor his nova flame

psycho gundam
To add to this, steel melts at 2,500 F and acetylene which is the standard fuel for cutting torches, even underwater reaches temperatures of 6,300 F, so a confirmed temperature for Human torch is over 300 times hotter than what's hot enough to cut steel like butter

Hydrogen/Qxygen mix as fuel for cutting torches is only 5072 F, more than double what's required to cut steel

StiltmanFTW
I thought he generated 1 million degree heat, but only boasted about 2m?

StiltmanFTW
^ Yeeeah, there are loads of "energy blades" in the SW galaxy. Here are a few examples:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Velmorian_energy_sword
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/X-22_energy_blade
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Vibroblade/Legends
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/X-12_energy_blade

Lightsabers, however, tend not to be so ambiguously labeled in Bios/Sourcebooks for that very reason.

Aside from that, Vader's official blueprint states his helmet and shoulder armor are made out of Durasteel:
http://i.imgur.com/ZLRLfve.jpg

...Which sabers can effortlessly cut/slag, like a hot knife through butter(literally.) In fact, the blast doors Qui-Gon was easily cutting through in TPM(I posted the gif earlier) were made from Durasteel -- the novelization confirms this.

So like I said: no portion of Vader's suit has a special resistance to lightsabers.

That clears it up, thanks thumb up

psycho gundam
I thought he generated 1 million degree heat, but only boasted about 2m? It was a claim, true, but he did call them "sun blasts" *shrug*

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/th_2milli_zpsgjl4oxi0.jpg

Galan007
That clears it up, thanks thumb up No worries. thumb up

You know I always enjoy discussing SW shit. geek

DarkSaint85
And this is where comic knowledge come into play. Hulk faced Jean (who had the force in her) and she TK lifted him in the air and he broke out with pure strength. Fought Cable who's TK was nothing to him and he fought Xman who admitted he was nothing to the Hulk and who's TK failed against him. Vader isn't doing crap to him with the force.

Wrong thread for this...sorry smurph.

None of which are force chokes - one of THE go to attacks of Vader. Scans of Hulk resisting a TK hold on his airways - does he flex his throat to break the hold? Lol. Swallow REALLY hard (which would do nothing, as airways are separate from the esophagus)? Punch himself in the throat? HOW is he fighting back against being choked?

Surtur

There was a character in the Clone Wars tv series who was able to tank a lightsaber on sheer durability if I remember correctly.

Galan007
thumb up

It was called the Zillo Beast:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Zillo_Beast

Its armor was completely unique throughout the galaxy -- strong enough to actually tank lightsaber strikes(along with all other types of blaster fire.) Think someone already mentioned it, though.

Surtur
Actually I was thinking of "The Son". Or was it his armor that was resistant?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>