Darth Nyriss vs Kit Fisto

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TenebrousWay
Saber
Force
All out

Neutral terrain.

AncientPower
Nyriss solidly.

Ursumeles
Kit.
Nyriss.
Depends.

S_W_LeGenD
^^^

What a joke.

Darth Nyriss steamrolls.

chingchangwalla
Nyriss murders him every time

MythLord
Kit can win sabers, tbh.
Dies to the rest, prolly.

Nephthys
lol Nyriss obliterates him in everything

Ursumeles
I fail to see how she "obliterates" in 'sabers erm

Nephthys
She shat on Meetra and Scourge at the same time in spite of standing in between them with only 1 lightsaber.

Ursumeles
Novel Scourge is damn-near fodder, lmao.
Also, Meetra was extremely hindered from Kaas' nexus, and was just going through Nathwma, which, IIRC, ****ed around with the Outlander centuries later.

Nephthys
He wasn't, lol.
No she wasn't. It was never made apparent that she was significantly impacted and her greatest feats took place on a vastly greater nexus. And she had days to recover from Nathema, which is never indicated to have lingering effects and its never mentioned that she was weakened by it.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Nephthys
lol Nyriss obliterates him in everything

AncientPower
He wasn't, lol.
No she wasn't. It was never made apparent that she was significantly impacted and her greatest feats took place on a vastly greater nexus. And she had days to recover from Nathema, which is never indicated to have lingering effects and its never mentioned that she was weakened by it.

In that fight he made a single negligible contribution.

Is that why, three centuries later-which Charles Boyd, Creative Director, has stated gradually reduces the effects of the Void-was consuming every living thing when the Sanitarium was broken by Vaylin's unstable power. Meaning Meetra Surik had to survive in a far worse state off of sheer willpower or be consumed as well.

Just because Meetra says she'll 'be okay' doesn't mean it didn't effect her. laughing out loud

The Void of Nathema was a far worse effect than anything Malachor V ever put her through and that had a serious long term damage on both her psyche and connection to the Force.

Malachor V being far more powerful than Dromund Kaas is stated nowhere, given Vitiate's rituals and the sheer number of sites strong in the Dark Side. Not only that, but Dromund Kaas, almost four millennia of weakening later-was corrupting Kyle Katarn to the Dark Side of the Force, blinded Mara Jade's Connection to the Force, did the same to Ben Skywalker, caused Jaina Solo's reflexes to drop sharply and did the same to Prime Luke f*cking Skywalker.

Imagine what a fully active Dromund Kaas would do to Revan and the Exile.

Your argument is just an attempt to claim Surik ~ Scourge, which is just laughable.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Ursumeles
Novel Scourge is fodderthumb up

This I'm sure we can all agree on. smile

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I swear I must've debunked the Revan Kaas nexus wank a hundred times now.

Geistalt
She shat on Meetra and Scourge at the same time in spite of standing in between them with only 1 lightsaber.

AncientPower
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I swear I must've debunked the Revan Kaas nexus wank a hundred times now.

Except y'know Revan states outright that the Dark Side clouds his vision, Meetra tries to meditate and can't, Scourge at the start of the novel remarks on hiw he could draw on the power radiating from the Dark Citadel from the borders of Kaas City. Not to mention the entire planet is consumed by dark side miasma, miasma such as that seen in places such as the Tomb of Ludo Kressh and the Tomb of Freedon Nadd.

Kaas is very clearly a Dark Side Nexus and is confirmed as such, you can't debunk facts.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I specifically meant the comparison to how it affected people 4,000 years later. Revan and Meetra were negligibly affected compared to Kyle, Mara, Jaina, Ben, and even Luke and Yoda. Authors clearly had different ideas there.

AncientPower

She forced them to dive out of the way of her Force Lightning and Force Leap'd inbetween them to catch them both off-guard. The only one who admits inferiority is Scourge, because the duel is from his perspective.

Meetra caught and absorbed the worst of Darth Nyriss' lightning with an instinctive Force Barrier. Force Barrier is stated to not be an effective means of defending against Force Lightning and even the most powerful Jedi Masters struggle to absorb Force Lightning with Tutaminis, the technique actually designed for absorbing such attacks. For a hindered Meetra to do the same with an unprepared, instinctive barrier against Lightning of that power, is an exceptional feat.

I feel like this gets overlooked all the time.

AncientPower
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I specifically meant the comparison to how it affected people 4,000 years later. Revan and Meetra were negligibly affected compared to Kyle, Mara, Jaina, Ben, and even Luke and Yoda. Authors clearly had different ideas there.

Source for them being negligibly affected? Revan literally shivers because of the power of the Dark Citadel and what lay within, the same Revan who fought an army on the Star Forge.

Meetra shivers from the meer miasma surrounding Dromund Kaas and can't muster the ability to perform a mere meditation trance. Given one of her primary meditative aspects is to maximise her reflexes in combat, you can see why this is more indicative of her difficulties for me than it would be for you.

Karpyshyn states himself that he purposefully leaves this stuff up to interpretation, so using the 'it's not definitively stated' shtick isn't going to fly.

The fact of the matter is that a Nexus of the Dark Side of the Force diminishes over time when abandoned and this is proven with Korriban. Dromund Kaas with a living embodiment of the Dark Side and potentially millions of Sith living on it for a millennium is undoubtedly going to be more potent.

This isn't Canon Malachor vs Malachor V, this is the same planet and it has a continuous flowing history in the same lore. So please stop with this 'authorial intent' excuse for dismissing the power of Dromund Kaas.

I know why you're arguing against it, but Vitiate clearly isn't reliant on any source of power when he is one.

Geistalt
In other words, you're saying he is a dark side nexus, just like RotJ Sidious was.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Yeah, Vitiate lay in the Dark Citadel, hence why Revan was shivering. erm

I don't recall Meetra shivering from the miasma surrounding Kaas, (though she did have some sort of negative reaction to it).

Not being able to enter a calm, peaceful state of meditation on a dark side nexus =/= how horribly Kaas affected Yoda and Luke. Unless of course, Meetra is more powerful/a greater paragon of light than Yoda and Luke are.

Speaking of Malachor...it affected Meetra much more negatively than Kaas seemingly did. smile

Simply dismissing authorial intent or pretending it doesn't exist to bump up your favorite female heroine is ludicrous. I don't doubt Kaas is a powerful nexus, but it's not the crutch you make it out to be. It wouldn't have changed the outcome of Revan vs Vitiate, or Meetra vs Nyriss. And you seem to care more about wanking Valkorion than I do, these days. thumb up

AncientPower
So you're going to stick your fingers in your ear and pretend nothing is happening then.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by AncientPower
In that fight he made a single negligible contribution.

Is that why, three centuries later-which Charles Boyd, Creative Director, has stated gradually reduces the effects of the Void-was consuming every living thing when the Sanitarium was broken by Vaylin's unstable power. Meaning Meetra Surik had to survive in a far worse state off of sheer willpower or be consumed as well.

Just because Meetra says she'll 'be okay' doesn't mean it didn't effect her. laughing out loud

The Void of Nathema was a far worse effect than anything Malachor V ever put her through and that had a serious long term damage on both her psyche and connection to the Force.

Malachor V being far more powerful than Dromund Kaas is stated nowhere, given Vitiate's rituals and the sheer number of sites strong in the Dark Side. Not only that, but Dromund Kaas, almost four millennia of weakening later-was corrupting Kyle Katarn to the Dark Side of the Force, blinded Mara Jade's Connection to the Force, did the same to Ben Skywalker, caused Jaina Solo's reflexes to drop sharply and did the same to Prime Luke f*cking Skywalker.

Imagine what a fully active Dromund Kaas would do to Revan and the Exile.

Your argument is just an attempt to claim Surik ~ Scourge, which is just laughable.
His contribution wasn't negligible. That Force push saved Surik's life.

Nathema's environment was certainly punishing. Lana Beniko felt similar effects that Meetra Surik felt there centuries ago. Valkorion shielded her and the Outlander from the worse of effects.

However, Surik had time to recover.

S_W_LeGenD
She forced them to dive out of the way of her Force Lightning and Force Leap'd inbetween them to catch them both off-guard. The only one who admits inferiority is Scourge, because the duel is from his perspective.

Meetra caught and absorbed the worst of Darth Nyriss' lightning with an instinctive Force Barrier. Force Barrier is stated to not be an effective means of defending against Force Lightning and even the most powerful Jedi Masters struggle to absorb Force Lightning with Tutaminis, the technique actually designed for absorbing such attacks. For a hindered Meetra to do the same with an unprepared, instinctive barrier against Lightning of that power, is an exceptional feat.

I feel like this gets overlooked all the time.
Surik's defenses are very good. Yes. thumb up

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Geistalt
In other words, you're saying he is a dark side nexus, just like RotJ Sidious was.
smile yes

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
So you're going to stick your fingers in your ear and pretend nothing is happening then.

Because that's totally what I did. thumb up

AncientPower
You're stating that the effects of an even more potent variation of the same nexus can't be that powerful, because Drew wanted to purposefully leave it up to interpretation for readers.

So yes essentially.

AncientPower
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
His contribution wasn't negligible. That Force push saved Surik's life.

Nathema's environment was certainly punishing. Lana Beniko felt similar effects that Meetra Surik felt there centuries ago. Valkorion shielded her and the Outlander from the worse of effects.

However, Surik had time to recover.

A deflected Force push that barely moved her.

Beniko and the others had the Sanitarium to help as well.

Surik had a few days of not eating or sleeping before departing for a very powerful nexus in Dromund Kaas. Recovery from the worst experience in her life, even moreso than the massive psychological damage Malachor V had imparted, isn't stated by anybody but Surik who wanted T3 to get to work on encrypted Nathema files.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.