Aragorn vs Thorin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheVaultDweller
- Thorin has his Battle of Five Armies gear.
- Aragorn has Anduril, and his Helm's Deep armour.
- Opponents start 10 feet apart.
- Both are out to kill.

Who wins?

golem370
Aragorn imo easily.

quanchi112
Originally posted by golem370
Aragorn imo easily. If you think Aragorn wins easily you didn't grasp the films. At all. Not surprised.

golem370
Aragorn fought off multiple Ring Wraiths I doubt Thorin could do that.

FrothByte
Yeah but Thorin actually defeated Azog who's a bigger and meaner opponent than any Aragorn beat one on one. Not saying Thorin wins but it's definitely not as one sided as it seems. Aragorn had trouble with Lurtz and I'm pretty sure Azog is quite a bit above Lurtz.

quanchi112
Aragorn fought off multiple Ring Wraiths I doubt Thorin could do that. The Nazgul are some of the most overrated chasrcters in all of Lotr. Elrond and Saruman best their asses. Aragorn's gf beat then with a huge wave. Gandalf ran them off with a bright light. They had exploitable weaknesses in fire and Aragorn used it.

Thorin is elite. Azog is elite. Aragorn is elite. Anyone saying Aragorn stomps Thorin is misinformed.

golem370
Azog was fighting like a dumbass against Thorin.

golem370
If it hadn't been for Bilbo, Thorin would have died in the first movie.

quanchi112
Azog was fighting like a dumbass against Thorin. When ? Be a little more specific you dumb ape if you're able to articulate like an intelligent human being.

quanchi112
If it hadn't been for Bilbo, Thorin would have died in the first movie. Azog was great. You can hardly blame the dwarf.

golem370
Originally posted by quanchi112
When ? Be a little more specific you dumb ape if you're able to articulate like an intelligent human being.

Now who getting emotional you chump? Take some midol and go to bed

NotAllThatEvil
Aragorn. Longer sword. Obvious reach advantage

quanchi112
Now who getting emotional you chump? Take some midol and go to bed You say things that obviously come from your feminine parts. Try using rationale and evidence. Saying Aragorn stomps is just plain stupid, dumb ape.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
Aragorn. Longer sword. Obvious reach advantage

Against most opponents, I would say that this is a big factor. But, as I pointed out in another thread, Dwarves have developed a style of fighting that compensates for the reach disadvantage they have against most opponents. Humans, Elves, Uruk-hai, and even some regular Orcs have a greater reach than they do, yet the Dwarves are still formidable opponents in a fight.

golem370
Originally posted by quanchi112
You say things that obviously come from your feminine parts. Try using rationale and evidence. Saying Aragorn stomps is just plain stupid, dumb ape.

I am an Ape unfortunately for you, you're horse's ass. I am done with you peon.

quanchi112
I am an Ape unfortunately for you, you're horse's ass. I am done with you peon. You are a dumb ape and proudly admit it. You abandoned the argument and your mind a long time ago.

cdtm
Hmm.. Leaning slightly towards the dwarf who looks like a human.

golem370
Thorin would lose.

FrothByte
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Against most opponents, I would say that this is a big factor. But, as I pointed out in another thread, Dwarves have developed a style of fighting that compensates for the reach disadvantage they have against most opponents. Humans, Elves, Uruk-hai, and even some regular Orcs have a greater reach than they do, yet the Dwarves are still formidable opponents in a fight.

Yeah, dwarfs are shorter than pretty much every race in their universe other than hobbits. Pretty sure they learned how to fight taller opponents considering that they're pretty effective fighters as well.

quanchi112
Thorin would lose. Then make an argument and quit restating your opinion you orangutan.

John Murdoch
Aragorn does have a feat head and shoulders above Thorin: sword fighting back-and-forth an ARMORED CAVE TROLL. As in, parrying and all the like. Cave trolls that did nothing but Hulk smash everyone in the series barring the big players, and they would've been Hulk smashed or skewered if not due to teamwork plus agility (the Fellowship taking down the cave troll in FOTR in Moria) or special items (mythril vest for Frodo, again in FOTR). And that was a regular cave troll with a loincloth or something and a club. Black gate troll was armored and had a massive piece of metal fashioned into a sword for a being of its size.

Aragorn wins. I agree, not a stomp by any means, but he gets the W.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.