The Current Balance of the Force

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Setting the Scene:

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
As a historian of the olden days of great debating: generally speaking, yes. When the forum first started, the general quality was ****ing awful, with but a couple shining lights. Then users like Lightsnake, Gideon, Janus, Faunus, Nai, Lord Lucien, HeWhoKnowsAll, Neph, SIDIOUS66, LeG, (LeG I value because he works hard and sparks responses/discussion, and Neph is extremely underrated these days, I remember when I first got on kmc I thought he nearly rivaled Temp, and there was viable evidence for that,) etc. joined and made for some intellectually juicy arguments, with some great snarky wit in the process. Since they've gotten older and more lethargic, users like myself, Ant, NewGuy, and DMB tried to carry the torch along with the other new blood. Suffice it to say, we now follow their lead as far as lethargy is concerned in Star Wars content, though Ant and especially DMB remain incredibly hard-working, and you are also a nice addition to the forum. The SWTOR forums members were also solid additions, though AP and Beni are the only ones who still churn out quality posts. Nova is sort of stuck in the rut I was where it almost seems like he says the same things every single day, (bless his persistence, a trait I never had with Star Wars). DC is essentially the black version of me, and for that I love him. smile

That said, Carthage I love you too, but you legitimately destroyed KMC. I need to make a thread about this for those who don't know, Don't I? smile

So, how did Carthage destroy KMC, or at least play a significant role in its destruction? Well...

So when I first joined kmc, about a week in I got a PM from a user named ROTJ_Vader, a former close friend of user Intrepid37, (who was one of the best debaters I'd ever seen, just a bit unfocused, trollish, and...odd). He asked me to join the forum that he had created a few months back, named Star Wars Forums. This is where DMB, Ant, and NewGuy first resided prior to joining KMC, (though NewGuy was a member of kmc before I was). It was here that I debated with them, along with the usual, debate-heavy shenanigans on KMC. Keep in mind Star Wars Forums had a chat box, where members could join and interact with other members ala texting, and this is where we began spending most of our time. All was well.

And then Winebottle came.

Winebottle was an interesting individual. Aggressive, very trollish, and wanked Exar Kun to an extreme extent, (naming Kun the 2nd most powerful Sith Lord ever, above Plagueis and capable of "oneshotting" Vitiate). Intrepid didn't really like this at first, as many of you know he was PT-oriented, a Sheevite as you'd say these days. However, they had one thing in common, along with ROTJ_Vader: they were trollish. It started with DMB. Winebottle didnt rate Bane very highly at all, (neither did I, but I wasn't overly aggressive about it,) and DMB is a lover of all things Bane, and has an obsessive personality to boot, meaning he spent most of his waking hours on the forum finding ways to wank and argue for Bane, (he's since evolved into one of the best debaters I've ever seen, and he's easily one of the top 3 as of right now, whether it be KMC or CV). So whenever DMB and Winebottle were in the chat box, DMB would bring up Bane, and Winebottle would subsequently bash DMB constantly, insult him, tell him Bane sucks, etc. Since the admins (Intrepid and ROTJ_Vader) didn't mind the trolling, it went unpunished, and DMB wouldn't appear in the chat box whenever Winebottle was on.

Intrepid then introduced Winebottle to kmc. At the time, it was filled with dedicated and intelligent debaters, and at some point in early 2014 or late 2013 DMB made an account and started pushing his Bane agenda. On SWF, Intrepid and Winebottle would try to think of ways to troll DMB on kmc and spread the hatred of Bane. So Winebottle made an account on kmc, dubbed, "Carthage," and started spamming DMB with anti Bane hate and insults. DMB, being an obsessive personality, (not saying this is a bad thing, mind you,) and a Bane wanker, would respond to Carthage, which simply added fuel to the flame. The angrier DMB got, the more Carthage would constantly make Bane hate threads.

Unfortunately, Carthage's trollish nature seeped into the minds of many of the new members, including myself, NewGuy, and Ant, who found the spectacle funny, and this created a wave of trolling mentality across the entire forum. Neph got exhausted over time being constantly trolled, belittled, and insulted, as did LeG, (though I appreciated their persistence to try to calm/atop the trolling,) and Gideon, you didn't exactly help with that. You'd call Neph your friend and then throw him under an infinity of buses in the only setting where you two would ever interact. Hell, you'd also poke at DMB and completely lampshade and belittle Bane in literally every interaction you experienced with him. Don't get me wrong, I love you Gideon, (you foolishly thought I'd be your heir, probably the one mistake I've seen you make in your judgment,) but you are partly responsible for the current state of the forum, (as I recall AP noting as well). Anyways...

A lot of the older, level headed debaters began shitposting or disappearing due to Carthage's trolling turning the forum into a mess. And KMC isn't like CV where it can just bank on new members constantly joining the community. Some new members have come, but they're either, (no offense) too unintelligent, too trollish, too lazy, or too shy to continue providing new, quality arguments and intellectual growth. A lot of personal stuff between me/NewGuy/DMB/Ant also contributed to the current state of the forum, but that's another story for another time. smile

relentless1
did not read raver

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Which proves the point I made in the OP.

Ursumeles
Some new members have come, but they're either, (no offense) too unintelligent, too trollish, too lazy, or too shy to continue providing new, quality arguments and intellectual growth.
Thx 4 thinking 'bout me <3

Beniboybling
Good read. I enjoy the forces of chaos that currently dominate this board. So long as they continue to serve Sheev. smile

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The whole "brigades" thing also served to tear the forum apart, to be fair. Another issue caused by Temp. wink

Beniboybling
http://i.imgur.com/H204MlH.gif

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Beni, what are your honest thoughts on the current state of KMC? smile

SunRazer
A shitfest that we all waste our times on. smile

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by Ursumeles
Thx 4 thinking 'bout me <3

Except you're one of the new members that actually contributes to debate, (though you've caught the troll bug like all of us have as well). smile

cs_zoltan
No, what destroyed debating is that nobody wants to budge (this is a big reason for the brigades). So what's the point?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Well, that was nurtured from the events I described in the OP:

Extreme trolling + insulting of others beliefs = hostile environment where everyone holds to their beliefs regardless of argument.

Beniboybling
Beni, what are your honest thoughts on the current state of KMC? smile I'm sympathetic to the classic Sith belief that through the perpetuation of conflict and chaos we will grow exponentially stronger, more powerful. So in that respect, the environment of KMC is good. smile

However people are lazy and/or unwilling to debate, it would be nice to see a return actually extensively reasoning your point rather than one post answers, plus CaVs that actually start and finish. smh.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
See, I personally believe it's up to the new age of debaters to carry on the good name of Star Wars debating, but the issue is that they're being raised in an extremely trolling, lazy environment, (which is what ended up ****ing over people like me and NewGuy), which will ultimately perpetuate what's going on right now.

Beniboybling
Yeah, I think in general its just symptomatic of the slow heat death of KMC. smile

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Man, it's still funny to think that I'm the reason you and zoltan are on kmc. smile

Beniboybling
Ah yiz, the Tale of the Nomi Sunrider Respect Thread....

cs_zoltan
I came here to shit on AP's Kun wanking back in 2015 smile

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
That's one of the greatest threads in terms of making kmc the way it is today.

cs_zoltan
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=618890&pagenumber=1

smile

Azronger
So Carthage is the one to blame, it seems.

Beniboybling
Carth is the Sithari. We need a Chosen One to restore balance to the boards. smile

Emperordmb
Honestly almost all of KMC's paine agony and despiur can be tied back to StarWarsForums.org in one form or another.

If you guys think this is bad, this is nothing compared to SWF lmfao.

Petrus
Some new members have come, but they're either, (no offense) too unintelligent, too trollish, too lazy, or too shy to continue providing new, quality arguments and intellectual growth.

So where do I fit in?

ares834
Well, that was nurtured from the events I described in the OP:

Extreme trolling + insulting of others beliefs = hostile environment where everyone holds to their beliefs regardless of argument.

That has always been the case though.

And there have always been "brigades" such as the antediluvians.

Raptor22
Meh. I never really minded carthage. I disagreed with alot of his opinions, but at least he backed up his stances, and his trolling of Bane for example was at least original.

What annoyed me was all the trolls that copied his shtick and ran with it. Not just that but they were like a poor mans, B movie versions of him. If you're gonna not only troll but rip off another guys trolling shtick at least add something fresh or clever, put your own personal touch on it. Not just "Bane dies" from half a dozen posters in every thread.

Everytime i see the beta trolls at work i picture the old guy in this commercial saying the same old tired line over and over oblivious to how lame it sounds.

https://youtu.be/nla3JRNOP2Q

Kurk
Originally posted by relentless1
did not read raver

Kurk
Originally posted by Raptor22
Meh. I never really minded carthage. I disagreed with alot of his opinions, but at least he backed up his stances, and his trolling of Bane for example was at least original.

What annoyed me was all the trolls that copied his shtick and ran with it. Not just that but they were like a poor mans, B movie versions of him. If you're gonna not only troll but rip off another guys trolling shtick at least add something fresh or clever, put your own personal touch on it. Not just "Bane dies" from half a dozen posters in every thread.

Everytime i see the beta trolls at work i picture the old guy in this commercial saying the same old tired line over and over oblivious to how lame it sounds.

https://youtu.be/nla3JRNOP2Q nah you're thinking of this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_SwD7RveNE

Trocity
lmao, atta boy carthage.

Love it.

Revanchiste
Hahaha kids will never understand this ha teh good old time kofkofkof.
How was it? I Don't remember grandpa have some memories problems and don't give a shit about this ancient history.

Ursumeles
thumb up
/thread.

Beniboybling
Revanchiste is... the chosen one?

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by Revanchiste
Hahaha kids will never understand this ha teh good old time kofkofkof.
How was it? I Don't remember grandpa have some memories problems and don't give a shit about this ancient history.
bad(even worse than mine) spelling and grammar aside
thumb up

The_Tempest
Intriguing.

Azronger
Hmm I suddenly remembered this thread. Very interesting.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I wrote this while on 80 mg of adderall. It's not untrue, though.

The Ellimist
I doubt Carthage actually read this.

Anyway I think we're reading too much into this. The forum is dying because the old timers are growing older and it's not like kmc has a good marketing strategy. It's kind of sad and if we really wanted to I'm sure we could try to bring it back together, but IDEK.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
It's the trying part that's hard. smile

The Ellimist
We should have a get together sometime.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
You need to get your ass back on hangouts.

The Ellimist
I know I'm procrastinating

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
ILS has been frequenting hangouts pretty often these days. You/Me/Him/Ant could probably make a chat there. Maybe even convince NewGuy to get his ass on.

Azronger
You need to get your ass back on hangouts.

^^^

The Ellimist
Yeah I'll def be on it.

It's funny - the lynchpin of KMC used to be comic book vs. forums, which used to have like a new post every minute or something (you'd have the "new" tag for like 2-3 pages). But Star Wars outlasted it. I think we had a better community.

Azronger
Dude Ell are you on your laptop/PC now? Get on Hangouts

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Yeah I'll def be on it.

It's funny - the lynchpin of KMC used to be comic book vs. forums, which used to have like a new post every minute or something (you'd have the "new" tag for like 2-3 pages). But Star Wars outlasted it. I think we had a better community.

Speaking of which, are you gonna post in that foreign cinema thread? I saw you bumped it.

JKBart
why is there no mention of me

AncientPower
We're mere mortals, unworthy of comparison to Your Majesty.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Nah, I'm the God of Destruction of this universe.

The Merchant
I actually remember some of this.

S_W_LeGenD
@XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

Thanks for your honest insight and appreciation. smile

Originally posted by Beniboybling
Revanchiste is... the chosen one?
LMAO

laughing out loud

Nephthys
I doubt Carthage actually read this.

Anyway I think we're reading too much into this. The forum is dying because the old timers are growing older and it's not like kmc has a good marketing strategy. It's kind of sad and if we really wanted to I'm sure we could try to bring it back together, but IDEK.

No, from my perspective the OP was 100% right on the mark. People used to disagree quite violently about almost everything and maintained healthy discussions but the trolling changed things and made actual debates pointless and draining. A lot of that was Carthage. And what he said about me was spot on.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Yiz. smile

Though I think both can be true. There needs to be new blood AND a culture shift. That could be accomplished if ownership changes hands. smile

Rockydonovang
As people still post here, this forum isn't dead.

The Ellimist
I mean KMC's fate isn't that much different from 99% of internet forums that were born in the early 2000's.

The Ellimist
Wait...Carthage wanked Kun? Lmao I think I did remember hearing this but it's kinda weird thinking about it now.

Azronger
If Valk gets outvoted by Plagueis I feel like we will have shifted the balance of the Force smile

Rockydonovang
if valk get's outvoted by mace, we'll be rebooting the force all together

AncientPower
Does it pain you to know the truth? Still love how the entire brigade can't put one argument together against the points I've made.

NewGuy01
Wait...Carthage wanked Kun? Lmao I think I did remember hearing this but it's kinda weird thinking about it now.

Well, to be fair that was before he came to KMC. By the time he became "Carthage" he had already cast away his impurities. smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.