Exar Kun vs Darth Caedus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SunRazer
Battle of the debunked. smile

Prime, unamped living versions. Fight takes in the Forgotten Terrace.

1. Sabers

2. Force

3. All-out

Beniboybling
Caedus sweeps.

Ursumeles
Caedus should win all, yeah.
I doubt that Sorcery could really affect him, and Jacen is more powerful, skilled and has better physicals.

cs_zoltan
Galaxy wins. Either way one c-unt fewer in it.

chingchangwalla
Kun sweeps

AncientPower
Kun sweeps, Caedus wetting himself due to Krayt's power, who is barely more powerful than Prime Muur is a really poor indication of how well Caedus hangs here.

Beniboybling
So much silliness in one post. Luke was wetting himself over Krayt as well, and he'd mush Kun into a little ball. Not that Prime Muur compares to FOTJ Krayt anyway. laughing out loud

Ursumeles
Originally posted by Beniboybling
So much silliness in one post. Luke was wetting himself over Krayt as well, and he'd mush Kun into a little ball. Not that Prime MuurKun compares to FOTJ Krayt anyway. laughing out loud
yes thumb up

AncientPower
Luke was doing no such thing, Caedus literally turned to the Dark Side of the Force in an attempt to circumvent him.

Kun > Freedon Nadd > Marka Ragnos > Ajunta Pall ~/> Karness Muur.

Kun doesn't even need this power scaling to absolutely win this each time.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by AncientPower
Luke was doing no such thing, Caedus literally turned to the Dark Side of the Force in an attempt to circumvent him.mmm

Bullshit, and we both know it. laughing out loud

DarthAnt66
Kun.

MythLord
Solo sweeps.

Emperordmb
Caedus takes sabers, Kun takes Force, unsure about all out.

Emperordmb
Luke was doing no such thing, Caedus literally turned to the Dark Side of the Force in an attempt to circumvent him.
Even if that proves what you want it to prove, that just means pre-LOTF Jacen<Krayt, it proves nothing about how Caedus measures up.

And besides, Jacen wasn't freaked out cause he was shitting himself at Krayt's power, he was freaked out because he saw his daughter serving him.

The notion that this in any way draws a comparison between Caedus and Krayt in power is absolute nonsense.

Beniboybling
Quite, if anything Caedus made a smart choice. Because he'd probably beat pre-Reborn Krayt in a fight. smile

TenebrousWay
Kun

Rebel95
Kun. I don't have as high of an opinion of Caedus as most of you do though

cs_zoltan
Can't be lower than mine tho.

carthage
Caedus pretty handily

Exar's unamped feats are shit

Geistalt
Originally posted by carthage
Caedus pretty handily

Exar's unamped feats are shit

AncientPower
Kun was as powerful as Nadd's spirit when he destroyed him, and screamed across the galaxy in triumph, so Exar Kun massively pre-prime can one-shot Sunrider with Telepathy, trap Arca Jeth in a Sith spell, control the minds of millions and turn the entirety of Onderon into an unusually powerful Dark Side nexus at whim.

Then Exar Kun became extremely powerful, using Sith Sorcery to unleash unchained raw power. Then he leaves to face Ulic, after which they both gain tremendous powers until they return several years later.

Kun, already the darkest power in the galaxy, kills Odan-Urr and takes the Dark Holocron, an object unrivalled among Sith Holocrons and which made him grow in power at an ever increasing rate until he became the most powerful Sith in history, far more powerful than even his apprentice.

So Exar Kun is so far above controlling millions and one shotting some of the most powerful Jedi of his day that these are basically low showings for him.

Caedus has nothing.

Beniboybling
Apart from > Vader who ragdolled Starkiller. So he still wins yeah.

Geistalt
Apart from > Vader who ragdolled Starkiller. Hope you mean the original Starkiller there.

And way to put the "Bane > Ambria" accolade into perspective there, AP.

Beniboybling
Why when he ragdolled the clone. erm

AncientPower
Never did anything of the sort.

Apart from > Vader who ragdolled Starkiller. So he still wins yeah.

Kun >> Muur > Vader.

SunRazer
Some drastic underselling of the opposition on both sides here.

Rockydonovang
Never did anything of the sort.

Kun >> Muur > Vader.
Nah he just threw him like a ragdoll, he didn't actually ragdoll him:
You grab your sabers and attack, but Vader is too powerful. He tosses you away like a rag doll.
-- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II: Prima Official Game Guide

AncientPower
I'm also wondering exactly how Caedus > Vader > Starkiller is relevant to Kun at all. Exar Kun's canonical superiority to Muur, and the fact that Vector states Muur is strong enough to stop Vader, is pretty damn solid.

SunRazer
19 BBY Vader, though.

AncientPower
Given the major chain of power jumps from Muur to Kun, I'm failing to see how Vader's increases really make up for that.

Prime Muur </~ Ajunta Pall < Marka Ragnos < Freedon Nadd < Exar Kun.

Better yet:

Prime Muur </~ Ajunta Pall < Marka Ragnos << Post-Nathema Vitiate << Pre-Revan Vitiate < Exar Kun.

SunRazer
I have Kun above Vader. RotJ Vader is more powerful than Muur, though. I'd wager he's somewhere between Ragnos and Kun.

Also, what's the proof for Nadd's superiority to Ragnos again?

AncientPower
He's stated to become the greatest Sith sorcerer given time, this was stated a century before his prime. With ancient Sith Lords, Sorcery basically is the bar to measure them by.

Beniboybling
There is no concrete evidence that Marka > Pall. There is no concrete evidence that Pall > Muur. There isn't even concrete evidence that Nadd > Marka kek. So let's stop pretending that Kun benefits from any kind of chain at all. sad

On the other hand yeah, Vader dominated Marek in the Force:

https://static3.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11115/111155790/5191508-0209371541-51913.gif

AncientPower
His rule is confirmed to be based on power:

Ragnos > Pall.

Furthermore:

Pall > Muur, the only thing you can try and argue is that Muur became an equal, nothing indicated he ever surpassed him however. The closest we have Is a quote stating they were rivals over the mantle of Dark Lord.

Nadd is a greater sorcerer than Marka Ragnos and we don't even know if this was prime Nadd or an earlier incarnation. Given sorcery's supreme import among the Sith Lords of old, this is as good as a direct power quote.

The mental capacity to comprehend this shouldn't be beyond a fifth grader. Though we both know the real reason you're trying to claim otherwise.

Beniboybling
laughing out loud

1. I see three things Ragnos' rule was based on there darling, in which respect I agree, Ragnos' greatness was predicated on a set of holistic traits, not just sheer Force ability.

2. In the beginning, before his "Shadow Hands" turned against him and his authority crumbled into civil war, with all of the Exiles, Pall including, coveting the secrets of the others. Haven't I explained this to you already?

3. And no I'm afraid Nadd being a greater sorcerer than Ragnos doesn't preclude the later being more powerful. Regardless of whether it was more prominent, spells and rituals will always play second fiddle to raw power.

The mental capacity to comprehend this shouldn't be beyond a fifth grader. Though we both know the real reason you're trying to claim otherwise. In the name of intellectual honesty and common sense. thumb up

AncientPower
Sticking your head in the ground again doesn't constitute an argument. laughing out loud

Beniboybling
Concession accepted, dear.

AncientPower
You're not Ant and never will be. laughing out loud

Beniboybling
Thank god for that lmao.

Tondemonai
Caedus
Kun
Kun

Emperordmb
Thank god for that lmao.
Well you'd have a vitriolic sometimes petty personality if you were, but you'd also be a much better debater and not as much of a cuck, so I'd say it would be a worthy trade.

AncientPower
thumb up

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Emperordmb
cuck sick

NewGuy01
since when is "concession accepted" ant's schtick? he only started using it to emulate intrepid tbh.

The_Tempest
I'd be interested in evidence that indicates Ragnos's position owes entirely to strength and not merely partially.

AncientPower
Strength, power and strategy, evidentally.

It'd be disingenuous to assert otherwise when gou could use the same logic against Valkorion/Sidious.

Beniboybling
I wonder if AP has a full grasp over the word "entirely."

AncientPower
You must be this thick or you wouldn't make such an evident fool of yourself this consistently.

Obviously no such quote exists, but we use what we have and what we have is enough. What major Dark Lord ever ruled impressively without using strategy?

Beniboybling
Right, so you accept that Ragnos' status owes itself not just to strength, but several other factors as well? Cool.

AncientPower
Just like Sidious and Valkorion did, yep.

Beniboybling
Yeah, Palpatine being the greatest of all Sith isn't necessarily because he's the most powerful in the Force, though he is that too. thumb up

EDIT: Though interestingly, the source on Marka Ragnos being the greatest Dark Lord of the Sith is the Chronicles of the Old Republic, which covers events all the way up to KOTOR II, so I guess by your reading Ragnos > Exar Kun, Revan, Nadd etc. as well. mmm

AncientPower
Lol the entries run in chronological order.

Beni takes another L.

Beniboybling
Ah yes, and that is relevant because?

If a book was written on the history of US presidents (in chronological order) and claimed in the opening chapter George Washington was the United States' greatest president. Would I to take it that the author only wrote that because he was the first? laughing out loud

The_Tempest
Right, so you accept that Ragnos' status owes itself not just to strength, but several other factors as well? Cool.

👍

I'll take lazy debating over dishonest debating any day.

AncientPower
Ah yes, and that is relevant because?

If a book was written on the history of US presidents (in chronological order) and claimed in the opening chapter George Washington was the United States' greatest president. Would I to take it that the author only wrote that because he was the first? laughing out loud

Because each entry is present tense. erm Even so COTOR gets retconned by far more up to date and canonical sources such as TCSWE or TNEC.

You've got no argument.

Beniboybling
So what lol. The perspective of the author still covers a period that extends well after Ragnos. But sure, the only source that so much as suggests Ragnos is was the most powerful pre-Nadd is outdated and inaccurate. laughing out loud

AncientPower
It being old doesn't invalidate it entirely, not that your 'interpretation' is remotely valid.

Beniboybling
Nah, just this particular quote apparently kek.

Or perhaps it hasn't, as it wasn't referring to Force power exclusively to begin with, as evidenced from the contradictory conclusions that would create, and an explicit source that describes his status as product of a multitude of factors. mmm

I think we're done here AP, how about I give you a few weeks to muster up a better argument and we'll come back to it. thumb up

AncientPower
Power and Strength being two of the three primary factors. erm

I knew we were done here the moment your foul presence entered the thread. thumb up

AncientPower
Not that this even matters when Exar Kun's feats surpass Caedus' feats.

Having the endurance to tank an Ossus-amped Ood Bnar Force attack and walking it off moments later? Check.

Shrugging off the Sever Force attempt of the most powerful Jedi in the galaxy before one-shotting him? Check.

Mentally controlling every tracker in Cinnagar, which consists of millions of ships being tracked simultaneously on three of the biggest trade routes in the galaxy? Check.

Being far more powerful than the Spirit of Freedon Nadd who gave King Ommin the power to one-shot Nomi Sunrider telepathically, dominate millions of Iziz citizens, overwhelm and dominate Arca Jeth and drain the entire Jedi group of their Force powers whilst corrupting the entirety of Onderon as an effect of such powers? Check.

Dominating tens of thousands of Senators whilst dominating Vodo Siosk-Baas with his remaining reserves of Dark Side power so much the second most powerful Jedi in the galaxy didn't stand a chance? Check.

Being so vastly beyond a Jedi Ulic, who whilst massively hindered nigh-blitzed an amped Dark Jedi Warrior in Warb Null, who can normally react almost as fast as thought.

Being vastly more powerful than the amped Spirit of Freedon Nadd who can one-shot Vodo Siosk-Baas with telepathy from the other side of the galaxy.

Being far more powerful than Marka Ragnos who is nigh-invulnerable in combat.

Being far more powerful than Ajunta Pall who could dominate and enthrall the entire Sith species.

Being far more powerful than Karness Muur who was canonically more powerful than either Vong Krayt or 19BBY Vader.

Being more powerful than pre-Revan Vitiate, prior to most of his power growth.

The list goes on and Caedus isn't winning.

SunRazer
There's also Ragnos' "most powerful of the most powerful" quote, but I agree that his quotes of supremacy are all ambiguous and up for interpretation.

Beniboybling
Power and Strength being two of the three primary factors. ermQuite, power and strength having a number of connotations, where it would be redundant if they were referring to the same thing. wink

Like I say darl, back to the drawing board.

https://media.giphy.com/media/3ohfFxUyV4QpyyxzP2/giphy.gif

Geistalt
Originally posted by SunRazer
I agree that his quotes of supremacy are all ambiguous and up for interpretation. Except for

Geistalt
Forgot which thread this is.

Yeah; agreed. Kun > Ragnos.

SunRazer
Yeah, but greatest may or may not refer to power. Or power alone, as has been discussed in this thread.

Dispray
Caedus

darthbane77
Kun, it's close though.

Azronger
Caedus stomps

carthage
Caedus

Kun's unamped force feats are extremely unimpressive.

UCanShootMyNova
Depends on starting distance.

Habro
Caedus wins.

Geistalt
^

It's up for debate whether or not Kun's > Vader (although I'm sure he is).

It's not up for debate whether or not Caedus is.

gideongarner01

NewGuy01
he already broke character...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.