Power Vs Power

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TethAdamTheRock
Each power is roughly equal

1. Super Strength Vs Telekinesis
2. Molecular Manipulation Vs Reality Manipulation
3. Magic Vs Cosmic Power
4. Ice Man Vs Human Torch
5. Superspeed Vs Superdurability ( High End Flash Vs Classic Juggernaut )
6. Super Intellegence Vs Technopathy ( able to control technology but has no idea how it works )

TethAdamTheRock
bump

Surtur
Well Iceman is some kind of immortal ice being and Human Torch is just a douche who can generate fire and stuff. Definitely not immortal.

But I can't even tell..are you asking us which powers are stronger? Or which we would rather have if given the choice?

Flyattractor
What exactly is the diff on #2?

bluewaterrider
Translate your Russian, please.

Flyattractor
Nyet

spetznaz
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock

3. Magic Vs Cosmic Power
6. Super Intellegence Vs Technopathy ( able to control technology but has no idea how it works )

1. Telekinesis (had to think about this a bit ...e.g. does super strength include the durability needed to use it, otherwise it is useless. But telekinesis won)
2. Reality manipulation (I can walk into my tv for example, while doing everything molecular manipulation can do)
3. Magic (more fun for me, and I can replicate most of what cosmic power could do).
4. Superspeed (EASILY)
5. Super intelligence

StyleTime
Originally posted by Surtur
are you asking us which powers are stronger? Or which we would rather have if given the choice?

TethAdamTheRock
Well Iceman is some kind of immortal ice being and Human Torch is just a douche who can generate fire and stuff. Definitely not immortal.

But I can't even tell..are you asking us which powers are stronger? Or which we would rather have if given the choice? Which would you rather have given the choice

TethAdamTheRock
Originally posted by Flyattractor
What exactly is the diff on #2? Molecular Manipulator Creates Laser Gun
Reality Manipulator Creates Laser Gun with no moving parts or power source that simply just "works"

Molecular Manipulator Creates Clone
Reality Manipulator Pulls An Army Of cartoon (toonforce) Characters out of his hat.

Etc no laws of physics vs master of laws and physics

DarkSaint85

3. Magic Vs Cosmic Power

1. TK. I can do anything with TK that Superstrngth can.
2. Reality. Everything molecular can do, plus more. The rules of chemistry and physics won't apply.
3. Magic. Same as above.
4. Ice Man.
5. Speed.
6. Technopathy. Make money with my intelligence? Who cares, when I can just withdraw money by asking an ATM. Fly? Nah. I'll create a jet pack.

TethAdamTheRock
Lol

Mindship

3. Magic Vs Cosmic Power
1. TK. Even if both are 100 tonners, TK gives me range advantage, and I'm leverage-free (eg, I can lift myself to become airborne).
2. RM. MM only affects matter, and even then just down to the molecular level (not, eg, the subatomic). RM deals with quantum phenomena and wavefunctions, which involves everything physical.
3. Magic. The ultimate plot device.
4. Ice Man. He's serious business.
5. Durability. Speed is an active power; you have to "do" it (and it does have definite advantages). But invulnerability is passive, always on, like when asleep.
6. Super IQ. I want to know the secrets of the universe.

TethAdamTheRock

But I can't even tell..are you asking us which powers are stronger? Or which we would rather have if given the choice? torch becomes immortal for threads sake, which do you prefer

Silent Master
3. Magic Vs Cosmic Power

StyleTime

3. Magic Vs Cosmic Power
My super power choices are typically fueled by laziness, although I like to call it simplicity. If I need a textbook to get started with my abilities, then I'll pass.

1. Telekinesis. Both work, but TK grants me range/flight/shields/etc. Super strength's "always on" factor could be handy, but TK seems better overall.
2. Reality Manipulation. I don't have the scientific knowledge for matter manip. No textbooks.
3. Cosmic Power. Feels like I'd eventually have to crack open some arcane tomes and read about spells and junk. No textbooks. Plus, random magic monster attacks. Magik gets ambushed like every Wednesday.
4. No preference. The OP says they are at the same level, so pick whether you want to be a fire elemental or an ice elemental.
5. Speed.
6. Technopathy. Easier than Super Intelligence, even if Intelligence has a higher cap.

Edit: Changed number 6 after Teth clarified a bit.

TethAdamTheRock
For #6 Lets say your smart enought to build a spaceship, well a technopath can build the same ship and operate it while having the intelligence of a 5 year old (ala magic per say)

But equal levels for both sides

Surtur
Which would you rather have given the choice

I see, so yeah I'm going to still stick with "immortal ice being". For the other stuff:

-Telekinesis
-Reality warping can let me do anything including molecular manipulation
-cosmic power
-superspeed
-technopathy

Surtur
Originally posted by StyleTime

4. No preference. The OP says they are at the same level, so pick whether you want to be a fire elemental or an ice elemental.

He says Iceman vs Human Torch though. Iceman is immortal and can be exploded and come back.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.