Barsen'thor vs Darth Zannah

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nfactor1995
Barsen'thor as of Shadow of Revan; Darth Zannah as of Dynasty of Evil. All-out fight, to the death. Takes place on neutral ground.

Who wins and why?

Round 2: No sorcery for Zannah (to make for better debating)

Tondemonai
Depends if you think Zannah can take 'Thor's TK (tbh not for long IMO)

AncientPower
Thor wins, should be capable of dispelling any sorcery.

Geistalt
Round 1: 'thor, narrowly.
Round 2: 'thor decisively.

Emperordmb
Zannah in both rounds.

Ursumeles
Arguments, DMB?
smile

MythLord
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Zannah in both rounds.

Petrus
Round 1: 'Thor after a very tough fight.
Round 2: 'Thor decisively.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by AncientPower
Thor wins, should be capable of dispelling any sorcery.

TheMuser
Originally posted by Ursumeles
Arguments, DMB?
smile

Better question, any arguments for Barsen'thor resisting Zannah level sorcery?

DarthAnt66
What is "Zannah level sorcery," exactly?

TheMuser
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
What is "Zannah level sorcery," exactly?

Zannah level sorcery is powerful enough to nearly defeat DoE Bane, whose TP resistance feats/Will power feats are incredible.

DarthAnt66
Not that simple.

As per classic sourcebooks, Zannah would have to be more powerful than the innate potential within the Barsen'thor to summon his inner demons.

She's not.

Not to mention he's resisted the telepathy of the First Son, who's got some crazy feats of his own.

Nephthys
An absolute crock of shit. The novel makes it extremely clear exactly how Zannah's power works and what it relies upon and potential ain't it.

TheMuser
Not that simple.

As per classic sourcebooks, Zannah would have to be more powerful than the innate potential within the Barsen'thor to summon his inner demons.

She's not.

Not to mention he's resisted the telepathy of the First Son, who's got some crazy feats of his own.

First, Quote me these source books. Second, if potential is the measurement of Zannah's ability to overcome her opponents (Something that is never stated in the Bane trilogy) she would have defeated bane via her mental sorcery. Third. I honestly have no idea as to this guys TP defenses, and this is the very reason I asked for arguments rather then make blanket statements.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by TheMuser
First, Quote me these source books. http://i.imgur.com/tq66nuP.png

No, it's Zannah's applicable power versus her opponent's potential power.

I imagine Bane was an outlier given she was already aware of his inner demons.

In a fight with a character she never met, she wouldn't be.

Nephthys
"What he learned was that the only real counter was the victim's strength of will."

TheMuser
http://i.imgur.com/tq66nuP.png

No, it's Zannah's applicable power versus her opponent's potential power.

I imagine Bane was an outlier given she was already aware of his inner demons.

In a fight with a character she never met, she wouldn't be.

This is nonsense, Zannah has used her sorcery numerous times on a variety of opponents, force sensitive and non force sensitive alike and in no situation was she ever effected as you describe in any of these cases.

Also you are stating two separate issues here, you are claiming without evidence that the only reason the effects on zannah were not as this source book describes is because zannah known banes inner demons, something that is completely without any evidence that I am aware of.

Second your statement that it is a battle of "Potential power vs applicable power" also has no basis that I am aware of. If you look closely at this quote it describes the victim of a TP assault as automatically telekenetically sending the attacker across the room, How does any of this imply that zannah must have higher power then her opponents potential power? Why can't she simply use a TK shield.

And in any case zannah's TP is not standard mental domination, it is possible (And even likely considering none of her other victims have retaliated in this way) that her sorcery actually circumvents her opponents shield, attacking them in a different way, making the only defense to her sorcery, as described, to be willpower.

Note, I am not saying zannah could actually win this via sorcery, because I still have no idea as to this guys TP feats, so until I know that I will hold off.

DarthAnt66
Will get back Friday night since that's an unnecessarily long response. wink Like I said, remind me. thumb up

Rockydonovang
Didn't that quote get debunked by dc?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.