Grey Hulk vs. Aquaman h2h only

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Facee
Who takes this h2h only ?

Damborgson
That plays right into Gray Hulks advantage, so probably Fixit.

krisblaze
Grey starts off at 80, Aquaman at a few thousand.

carver9
Grey Hulk throws around pyramids and destroys objects twice the size of Earth. Tank punches from She Hulk while standing in one spot and over power Wonderman. 80 tons is laughable.

leonidas
pretty sure he's still a cl100, just not as high as some. he did get trashed by pineapple thing iirc, and am is likely just as strong as pineapple ben, though i could be forgetting some of ben's feats in that form. i'd still take am here but i don't think it would necessarily be easy.

StiltmanFTW
Fixit rapes Artie...

carver9
Aquaman got destroyed by Mantis as well. So I guess that means Grey Hulk 1 punch ko him. Grey Hulk has even trashed Abomination and Super Skrull. Walked through High Evolutionary blast. He has top tier fts tbh.

TethAdamTheRock
High end Grey Hulk Wrecks

krisblaze
Originally posted by leonidas
pretty sure he's still a cl100, just not as high as some. he did get trashed by pineapple thing iirc, and am is likely just as strong as pineapple ben, though i could be forgetting some of ben's feats in that form. i'd still take am here but i don't think it would necessarily be easy.

Fixit is not.

If we're still playing the game where all hulks are always as strong as Hulk gets after a long plot/ buildup then Fixit sure is great.

In most comics, however, Fixit is nearly that strong.

TethAdamTheRock
Fixit can match Drax , or was it savage hulk?

EcstaticGrace
Originally posted by carver9
Aquaman got destroyed by Mantis as well. So I guess that means Grey Hulk 1 punch ko him. Grey Hulk has even trashed Abomination and Super Skrull. Walked through High Evolutionary blast. He has top tier fts tbh.

Lol when did Manta ever physically destroy Aquaman. Most of their fights try to make it clear Arthur is holding back.

There's a long list of stuff that puts Fixit below Aquaman. I wouldn't even out Fixit above The Thing.

carver9
Originally posted by EcstaticGrace
Lol when did Manta ever physically destroy Aquaman. Most of their fights try to make it clear Arthur is holding back.

There's a long list of stuff that puts Fixit below Aquaman. I wouldn't even out Fixit above The Thing.

Show me those holding back scans.

I already named showings where Fixit took out people above Aquaman. You can run away from it if you want.

-Pr-

Really showing off that Aquaman knowledge there, buddy. That Mantis sure is a dangerous villain...

carver9
http://insidepulse.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Aquaman-1-DC-Rebirth-spoilers-H.jpg
http://insidepulse.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Aquaman-1-DC-Rebirth-spoilers-I.jpg

EcstaticGrace
http://insidepulse.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Aquaman-1-DC-Rebirth-spoilers-H.jpg
http://insidepulse.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Aquaman-1-DC-Rebirth-spoilers-I.jpg

You should include the scans where he gets serious and the fight becomes onesided.

You suggested there's fights where "Mantis owned Aquaman" and you show an incomplete fight.

Simon outside of Ionic form I'd argue is Aquaman range maybe lower or higher debatable. That's a high for Grulk. Who gets best around by Mrs Marvel, struggles with the thing, Grey Gargoyle and oneshotted by Ironman.

EcstaticGrace
Originally posted by -Pr-
Really showing off that Aquaman knowledge there, buddy. That Mantis sure is a dangerous villain...

I didn't even know how to respond to "Mantis" I honestly assumed he thought Aquaman was Marvel or something and then it clicked, and I'm assuming it's a reading/writing issue with his.....computer.

DarkSaint85
No, it's an intelligence issue.

carver9
You should include the scans where he gets serious and the fight becomes onesided.

You suggested there's fights where "Mantis owned Aquaman" and you show an incomplete fight.

Simon outside of Ionic form I'd argue is Aquaman range maybe lower or higher debatable. That's a high for Grulk. Who gets best around by Mrs Marvel, struggles with the thing, Grey Gargoyle and oneshotted by Ironman.

I posted enough in that scan. Something most definitely wouldn't happen to Hulk.

Simon is above Aquaman and that's not Grey best. Like I said before, he dropped Abomination, worked Super Skrull, took on the Avengers, etc...

He didn't get bested by Ms. Marvel. She punched him and he then turned into Savage.

carver9
I didn't even know how to respond to "Mantis" I honestly assumed he thought Aquaman was Marvel or something and then it clicked, and I'm assuming it's a reading/writing issue with his.....computer.

Typed that from my cell phone.

StiltmanFTW
He didn't get bested by Ms. Marvel. She punched him and he then turned into Savage.

Carol would decimate an entire horde of orange-shirted fish-men.

EcstaticGrace
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

Sure, none of them being Aquaman in the suit. Carol physically wasn't even to impressive strength wise when she was beating around Grulk. Most of her better feats are as Binary or Capt. Marvel.

@Carver I wouldn't call modern Simon out of Ionic form to impressive.

-Pr-
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

Please, don't derail threads.

Were you here for the fan-art thing? That was funny as ****.

EcstaticGrace
Probably wasn't, doesn't sound familiar.

Rebirth Aquaman got a tp feat btw thought youd be interested in hearing about that. Has some context to it though.

-Pr-
Probably wasn't, doesn't sound familiar.

Rebirth Aquaman got a tp feat btw thought youd be interested in hearing about that. Has some context to it though.

Aquaman stabbing Darkseid in the N52 Justice League was dismissed by Carter as fanart when it was posted. I'm not kissing.

Oh? What issue?

carver9
Sure, none of them being Aquaman in the suit. Carol physically wasn't even to impressive strength wise when she was beating around Grulk. Most of her better feats are as Binary or Capt. Marvel.

@Carver I wouldn't call modern Simon out of Ionic form to impressive.

Wonderman got his best strength ft during that fight against Grey Hulk (the guy tossed a pyramid).

Carol didn't beat Grey Hulk though. By the way, Carol doing anything to Hulk>>>>>the scans I posted of Aquaman.

-Pr-
Wonderman got his best strength ft during that fight against Grey Hulk (the guy tossed a pyramid).

Carol didn't beat Grey Hulk though. By the way, Carol doing anything to Hulk>>>>>the scans I posted of Aquaman.

Well that's what happens when you post crap scans.

carver9
Also, you're trying to lowball to prove a point. If I posted Batman owning Pre Aquaman in a Aquaman thread, you would go nuts. He couldn't even harm Superboy. You cry when people post things like this. Let's not go here please.

carver9
Well that's what happens when you post crap scans.

Look who brought up lows to try to prove Aquaman could beat Grey. It sure wasn't me.

EcstaticGrace
There's a point when lows are consistent and when their not. What your doing is bringing up one offs with lack off context.

The Manta and Grulk instances have context. Simon out of Ionic form had trouble with Carol Pre-Cru upgrade. Modern day Simon isn't weak but there's a difference when he's not Ionic compared to when he is.

I brought up 5-6 different characters Grulk has struggled with who are physically inferior to Aquaman. You brought up one instance Aquaman operated lower with disregarding.

Given your comments on Aquaman I know it's due to lack of education on the character, so no worries.

EcstaticGrace
Aquaman stabbing Darkseid in the N52 Justice League was dismissed by Carter as fanart when it was posted. I'm not kissing.

Oh? What issue?

Aquaman #19 he read the minds of an entire city, it has context though.

-Pr-
Look who brought up lows to try to prove Aquaman could beat Grey. It sure wasn't me.

No you just brought up Aquaman lows to prove Grey wins. Stones and glass houses, Carter.

Aquaman #19 he read the minds of an entire city, it has context though.

Ah cool.

psycho gundam
Look who brought up lows to try to prove Aquaman could beat Grey. It sure wasn't me. You're using Fixit's best stuff so it even out

Grey Hulk throws around pyramids and destroys objects twice the size of Earth. Tank punches from She Hulk while standing in one spot and over power Wonderman. 80 tons is laughable. Originally posted by carver9

Philosophía
Aquaman.

Black Manta fights are inconsequential, since Grey Hulk is in no way similar to the former. He doesn't have the piercing weapons, agility or combat skill - which is what keeps him in the fight against Arthur.

Grey Hulk is a slow brute. Aquaman has been portrayed as near Wonder Woman and near Hercules. This version of Hulk is not there.

-Pr-

Philosophía
I was actually trying to think of it yesterday, but for the life of me I couldn't remember. Was there ever a reveal as to where Manta gets his equipment? I mean, the energy helmet is one thing, but weapons that can straight up stab him when his muscles will stop bullets?

Or does the suit amp him in the new 52? Aquaman just has a 'selective' durability - kind of like Wonder Woman/Thor used to have with piercing stuff while being much better with blunt force. I mean, Johns Aquaman could clearly be scratched by bullets, and he made a point of it to show that twice, while at the same time could go for punches with Diana. There's also instances where they just hurt, without scratching, so take that as you may.

As for Black Manta, the suit is basically highly durable with advanced weaponry. If you think of him, imo, as Cyclops/Black Panther merger-ish, that's exactly what he is. Or Deathstroke, they even fought:

http://imgur.com/a/SI4Pk

I don't believe there's any proof his harpoons, or his knife, have any kryptonite-like weakness as far as Arthur is concerned. Clearly they were designed in order for him to fight Aquaman, but I don't believe there are any special properties.

bluewaterrider

confused

I'm going to forget everything I've read about Freudian slips because, if this ISN'T a typo, I'm SURE I don't want to think about what this implies ...

Prof. T.C McAbe
Aquaman, not easily but he is the better fighter. Strength might be a bit in Hulks favor but speed and skill? Nope.

-Pr-

EcstaticGrace
@Philo

I honestly don't even think Manta makes much sense as a villain for Aquaman in regards to how he combats him.

Physically it's clearly onesided and writers for some reason have them go hth. He's the most consistent low end fight Aquaman has.

But like you said there's context.

Manta's suit is able to take extreme pressures. One of the biggest Aquaman writers ala Johns had Manta take Punches from Mazahs after he took Johnny Quick's powers
http://m.imgur.com/Qanr7ze

And he was able to take the force of the ocean crashing down on him in tidal wave.
http://m.imgur.com/a/BoKxf

Black Panther/Cyclops is exactly where I'd put him.

I think Pre-Flashpoint his blades were made of Promethium but I could be wrong. No idea what they are now, but his gear is designed to combat specifically Aquaman and their fights are still onesided and usually end or approach an end on Aquaman's terms.

I'd argue Arthur is a peer to Diana. New52 wise atleast she has more impressive showings in a fight capacity, but physically I think he's done more than her in this new continuity.

Philosophía
You pretty much just said what I had been thinking this whole time. It's just that when I saw the knife go deeper than bullets have gone, it occurred to me that I might have forgotten something.

Really wish they'd be a tad more consistent with him.

I think they wish to shy away from the 'brick with invulnerability' stuff, so as not to limit the type of fights they can put him in. I mean, if you give him 'true invulnerability' (oxymoron, but whatever), like Superman, Captain Marvel and whatnot, it would render villains like Black Manta redundant.

It's kind of like Hulk can take Mjolnir head on, but can also be cut by Wolverine. It allows for a wider range of opponents to be fought. You can put Aquaman against Black Manta, Deathstroke, Catman and at the same time against Wonder Woman, J'onn and whatnot, and still be able to write the fight properly in each case.

Makes for better stories, if not for better versus forum arguing.
I basically just differentiate between blunt and sharp attacks, since there's quite a bit of precedence in comics, and it's easier to debate.

-Pr-

Philosophía
Agreed. And tbh, if I think about it, I think it suits Aquaman better if he's one of those "you can hurt him easily enough, but putting him down is the hard part" kinds of bricks than the more Superman-type "try even piercing his skin and you'll have a bad time".

Makes it better for a warrior-type character, imo. thumb up

It suits him and Diana best. I've been arguing for a while that making Wonder Woman more like Superman is damaging to her character, and I think that applies to Aquaman, too. They should both be warriors, and it's hard to be that when it takes Doomsday or kryptonite to be in danger.

-Pr-

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.